PDA

View Full Version : Rhodes evaluation of draft prospects

beerlover
01-29-2008, 10:36 AM
what kind of player(s) does he want or like to develop? is his expertise limited to the secondary? or is he known for LB's who can cover/blitz & DT/DE's who dominate space? for instance does this not help Mario & DeMeco as well as the secondary. his impact, if any to the Texans draft board?

awtysst
01-29-2008, 11:25 AM
what kind of player(s) does he want or like to develop? is his expertise limited to the secondary? or is he known for LB's who can cover/blitz & DT/DE's who dominate space? for instance does this not help Mario & DeMeco as well as the secondary. his impact, if any to the Texans draft board?

I am thinking that he thinks he can get the most out of a player so he will push for a CB in the first. He might be able to get a solid LB in the 3rd or 4th and coach him up or find a DE/DT with a high motor and make him a disruptive force later on. I think he believes that he needs a solid CB to give his line a chance to get to the QB.

beerlover
01-29-2008, 11:31 AM
from what I've seen posted on the main board it would seem a press corner is not required & that a big physical cover 2 would fit, which they're some good ones in this draft like like Charles Godfrey, Iowa 6-0 210 or Patrick Lee, Auburn 6-0 200 as our 3rd rd. pick. takes some pressure off the 1st rd. so Texans can select bpa.

PHAROAH
01-29-2008, 01:16 PM
I would have to agree that the texans will go BPA in the first since we have no idea what they are planning to do in free agency.