PDA

View Full Version : Chargers to play Saints in London on Oct. 26

Bulluck53
01-27-2008, 01:31 AM
Chargers to play Saints in London on Oct. 26

By Kevin Acee
UNION_TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

4:32 p.m. January 26, 2008

The Chargers will play the New Orleans Saints at Wembley Stadium in London on Oct. 26, sources confirmed today.

“We want to go,” Chargers president Dean Spanos said. “I'm cautiously optimistic.”

Sources said the Chargers have been speaking with the league for more than two months about the game. Spanos is a member of the league's International Committee.

This will be the second regular-season NFL game played outside North America. The New York Giants and Miami Dolphins played at Wembley Stadium this past October.

The game will be the Chargers' eighth next season, and they will have a bye the next week. New Orleans will be the home team, so the Chargers still will have eight regular-season home games at Qualcomm Stadium.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20080126-1632-london.html

Sucks for them... they say its a home game for New Orleans.

WesmanTexanfan
01-27-2008, 01:32 AM
Sucks for them... they say its a home game for New Orleans.

ya, im siked that england might actually get a good show though....

TEXANS84
01-27-2008, 01:36 AM
Actually, a pretty good game to watch.

I figured it would be Oakland vs. with their poor home sales.

ATX
01-27-2008, 01:38 AM
Wow, I wonder if there will be a giant Reggie Bush roaming around London.

beerlover
01-27-2008, 01:42 AM
Wow, I wonder if there will be a giant Reggie Bush roaming around London.

more like flying a broom stick ready for a game of Quidditich :goodnight

Maddict5
01-27-2008, 01:48 AM
well we half expected the saints because they said it would feature two high scoring offenses..and then last sunday during the pats-sd game, they had the nfluk guy and he half accidently spilled the beans.. heres the presenters blog on the game

As for the teams, that’s up in the air. I did ask AK point blank if it would be the Chargers – for the simple reason that they were playing and they had also popped up more than once as one of the possible road teams. Was it my imagination or did I detect a flicker of hesitation as he went through the “I don’t know” routine

Maddict5
01-27-2008, 01:48 AM
should be a great game btw

kastofsna
01-27-2008, 02:14 AM
of the 6 or so teams they mentioned, this one obviously makes the most sense. they were NEVER going to take away a game from a team that's guaranteed to sell out the joint. if the Saints suck again, they won't sell anything.