PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice lack of commercials for NFC Championship Game

Second Honeymoon
01-23-2008, 01:17 PM
My friend and I were watching the game and there were no TV timeouts and VERY few commercials during the Green Bay game. Was this a league rule when in subzero temperatures? Was there a technical problem and they just wanted to keep the game feed live without interuptting for commercial?

All I know is it was great although it sounded like Aikman and Buck needed a break because their voices were going out towards the end of the game. Buck especially. I never heard them address the issue but I only remember like 2 commercials the whole second half.

powerfuldragon
01-23-2008, 01:23 PM
it was better that way.

Yankee_In_TX
01-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Just the annoying, not funny, not clever, Bud/Bud Light guy.

I am dreading to see 500 more commercials with him during the Super Bowl.

Second Honeymoon
01-23-2008, 01:29 PM
it was better that way.

hell yeah it was better, but they didn't do it for our benefit. there was some technical issue or league rule at play. they wouldnt just throw away millions of dollars in ad revenue to benefit Joe Fan. That is for sure.

Just thought someone might know what happened.

kastofsna
01-23-2008, 02:04 PM
i definitely enjoyed all the Budweiser "hey we're a huge corporation that makes crappy beer with crappy ingredients but let's pretend we're making something unique that requires lots of hard work and technique and" etc etc. ugh

powerfuldragon
01-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Just the annoying, not funny, not clever, Bud/Bud Light guy.

I am dreading to see 500 more commercials with him during the Super Bowl.
... you know they're gonna have another carlos mencia bud light ad during the superbowl

kastofsna
01-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Bud Lite + Carlos Mencia = reason why the terrorists hate us