PDA

View Full Version : Why do fans across the NFL hate the Cowboys and their fans?

Hookem Horns
01-22-2008, 04:24 PM
See exhibit A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yPAEC2df28

El Amigo Invisible
01-22-2008, 04:28 PM
This is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf8VpjE1YGM

EAT CROW!!!!:wild:

HoustonFrog
01-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Well techinically not true. Many love them and show up in their jerseys at opposing stadiums, thus being the most marketable franchise.

Cowboy fans are annoying for these videos but opposing fans aren't annoying for constantly talking about how they hate the Cowboys and how giddy they are when they lose? HMMMM. I mean this is the 4th or 5th post regarding Cowboy hatred..lol

Chicken or the egg.

Hookem Horns
01-22-2008, 04:39 PM
My best friend when I was a kid growing up in La Porte before my family moved to NY was just like this guy. I mean JUST like this guy. Looking back, for the life of me I have no idea why I kept hanging around the guy. He is the reason I have deep seeded hatred for the Cowboys. He used to try to tear up my Oilers stuff and was generally a bully to anyone that didn't like the Cowboys. He's also the reason I had no problems adopting the Giants when we lived in NY as my other team (division rival and their fans hated the Cowboys).

That eating crow video is was a riot.

gwallaia
01-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Almost as bad as UT fans.

Double Barrel
01-22-2008, 05:16 PM
http://wildstyle.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/nelson-haha.jpg

What a loser. Just another Cowboys fan to dislike.

I liked seeing him almost cry like a little TO in the second video. That cockiness sure was missing.

michaelm
01-22-2008, 05:39 PM

I guess it's better to just randomly insert insults into threads that are completely unrelated to the people you are insulting.
What ever school you represent must be proud to have you as a fan/alum... you're so much better than others, especially Longhorns, if we're to believe what you say...

Bite me, and Hook 'em.

Hookem Horns
01-22-2008, 05:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvVzmLgycxw :)

gwallaia
01-22-2008, 05:48 PM
I guess it's better to just randomly insert insults into threads that are completely unrelated to the people you are insulting.
What ever school you represent must be proud to have you as a fan/alum... you're so much better than others, especially Longhorns, if we're to believe what you say...

Bite me, and Hook 'em.

BOO HOO!!

michaelm
01-22-2008, 05:53 PM
BOO HOO!!

Come on, I can't bait you into a better response than boo hoo???

gwallaia
01-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Come on, I can't bait you into a better response that boo hoo???

Nope, that's it.

michaelm
01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
BOO HOO!!

The hilarious thing is that I completely missed your sig when I was talking about whatever school you rep...! funny.

Spled
01-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Goes back to the "America's Team" thing from the 70's.

StarStruck
01-22-2008, 11:26 PM
when I was a kid.

That's a long grudge.:yikes:

Da_General
01-22-2008, 11:44 PM
I took a vow of lifelong hate when Tom Landry was fired.

WesmanTexanfan
01-22-2008, 11:46 PM
http://wildstyle.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/nelson-haha.jpg

What a loser. Just another Cowboys fan to dislike.

I liked seeing him almost cry like a little TO in the second video. That cockiness sure was missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyho9ZiVT-E&feature=related

gwallaia
01-22-2008, 11:56 PM
You know, ever since Wade Phillips took over, part of me kind of likes the Cowboys now.

WesmanTexanfan
01-23-2008, 12:07 AM
You know, ever since Wade Phillips took over, part of me kind of likes the Cowboys now.

nahh, i just look at him as "not Bum", who would never do that to Houston.. ive had those thoughts pass through my head, but i let them keep going..

StarStruck
01-23-2008, 12:29 AM
I took a vow of lifelong hate when Tom Landry was fired.

In today's climate of coaches get fired for not winning playoff games, how long do you think Coach would have lasted even being the great guy he was coming off of seasons of 10-6, 7-9, 7-8, 3-13? Wasn't Bum fired after a playoff game and his popularity as one of the highest in pro football?

WesmanTexanfan
01-23-2008, 12:32 AM
In today's climate of coaches get fired for not winning playoff games, how long do you think Coach would have lasted even being the great guy he was coming off of seasons of 10-6, 7-9, 7-8, 3-13? Wasn't Bum fired after a playoff game and his popularity as one of the highest in pro football?

its a little different than jerry coming in and giving landry the boot, i know a bunch of ex-cowboys fans that are ex's because of just that. plus we hate or ex-owner anyway....

StarStruck
01-23-2008, 12:52 AM
its a little different than jerry coming in and giving landry the boot, i know a bunch of ex-cowboys fans that are ex's because of just that. plus we hate or ex-owner anyway....

I can understand where some are coming from even though Jerry was a new owner who possibly wanted a fresh start. However, what I don't understand about the Bud firing Bum thing is the anger wasn't nearly as intense and certainly short in duration. Bud was at least tolorated until he finally packed up his team and left town.

WesmanTexanfan
01-23-2008, 01:01 AM
I can understand where some are coming from even though Jerry was a new owner who possibly wanted a fresh start. However, what I don't understand about the Bud firing Bum thing is the anger wasn't nearly as intense and certainly short in duration. Bud was at least tolorated until he finally packed up his team and left town.

ya, about the bum thing, check out my age, i wasnt exactly a die hard in those days...... so i wasnt there to have an opinion, all my oilers love comes from long ago game memories and my dads tapes of some games....

StarStruck
01-23-2008, 01:06 AM
ya, about the bum thing, check out my age, i wasnt exactly a die hard in those days...... so i wasnt there to have an opinion, all my oilers love comes from long ago game memories and my dads tapes of some games....

Coach Landry was fired 19 years ago?

The Pencil Neck
01-23-2008, 02:03 AM

What? Maybe where YOU live the hatred for the firing of Bum isn't intense but that's near the heart of the almost rabid Butthead Adams hatred in Houston. We (my family and I) never ever forgave Adams for that and we never will.

Ever.

I'm talking into the afterlife and beyond if it exists.

Really.

The Tom Landry thing wasn't as bad as that for me or mine.

aj.
01-23-2008, 07:30 AM
See exhibit A

It's not so much their players, it's yokels like that. And there are a lot of them just like that.

There's a shuttle bus driver at my company who was wearing his TO jersey the Friday before the Giants beat them. He was talking all kinds of junk - he's originally from Arlington so I cut him a bit of slack. Anyway, it may be just timing or schedules but we stilll haven't seen the guy.

nunusguy
01-23-2008, 08:05 AM

Honestly I don't really care that much one way or the other. The thing that's
burned me the most about the Cowboys is all the pub they'd get in the past
when they weren't doing that well. But if they play well, like in recent years (atleast in the regular season), they deserve a lot of attention like the other winners do. But nothing else for me as a Texans fan has approached my annoyance & even anger because of the abuse & ridicule we took for passing on Bush in '06.
But this thing about "America's Team" is a very arrogant & pretentious attitute that does insult & alienate many people, especially from places like Pittsburg & GB who's teams have as much success as the Cowboys and who's fans across the Board are surely more loyal, sincerely devoted, & true
from what I've seen.

HoustonFrog
01-23-2008, 09:17 AM

Seriously, then they weren't true Cowboy fans to start. Most fans I grew up with were ready for Landry to be gone. It may not have gone down the way it should have but the Cowboys were becoming fossils in the NFL still running the flex defense and falling behind the times. I was excited for a change. It worked out. You can't control what happens but you support the team. Weak ass argument if you ask me. I think there are too many young fans that really don't know the history and who just run with the whole hate, etc thing without knowing where "America's Team" came from and how the team grew.

Americas Team was a label NFL films gave them in a video. Tex Schram ran with it. At the time they were the good guys vs the evil Steelers. As the years went on, the media kept with it. It was marketing genius. Considering they had 20 staright years of a winning record and sold out every place they went was a testament to the love/hate. Half of the fans in Arizona wore Cowboy jerseys. The fact that this thread is here and people still whine is a testament. People are dense if they don't see it. Its the reaction, it doesn't have to be love.

For all of you that compalin, how are you any better by constantly spouting "Cowgirl" stuff 24/7?You look worse than most Cowboy fans I have ever grown up with or hung out with. Sorry if you have met some bad apples but this stuff is beyond pathetic at times. Look at this board with every Texasn loss or win.."we suck..boo" to "we really have a chance at the playoffs." Its week to week. Its as reactionary and bandwagon as they get.

Texan_Bill
01-23-2008, 09:27 AM

Seriously, then they weren't true Cowboy fans to start.

Sounds to me like they were 'typical' Cowboys fans....

:stirpot:

HoustonFrog
01-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Sounds to me like they were 'typical' Cowboys fans....

I'm guessing that is a bandwagon comment TB..lol

If they were younger I can see it but I know more lifers than bandwagoners. Plus I don't get how many are still bandwagoners though. We..Cowboys for this pusrpose.. have sucked for the past decade besides a few flashes like this year. Oh well. I'm sure this won't be the last thread since we already had one long one.

Dread-Head
01-23-2008, 10:32 AM
My best friend when I was a kid growing up in La Porte before my family moved to NY was just like this guy. I mean JUST like this guy. Looking back, for the life of me I have no idea why I kept hanging around the guy. He is the reason I have deep seeded hatred for the Cowboys. He used to try to tear up my Oilers stuff and was generally a bully to anyone that didn't like the Cowboys. He's also the reason I had no problems adopting the Giants when we lived in NY as my other team (division rival and their fans hated the Cowboys).

That eating crow video is was a riot.

I agree. I grew up surrounded by bandwagon fans who loved the Oilers when they won but when they lost immediately became Cowboy fans and were quick to say "At least the Cowboys have two superbowl wins. (which at the time they did) What do the Oilers have? NUTHIN'!"
They never learned to win graciously and it's just obnoxious. When the Cowboys under Landry lost a certain game (thanks to a certain "Catch" by Dwight Clarke) Tom Landry at a post game press conference said that the Cowboys had lost because they "lost a critical member of their defense" 6 weeks earlier. Wow...maybe the other team wanted it more or just played better than you.
After this year's playoff game Wade Phillips said in the post game wrap up
"The better team lost." Uh...if you were the better team? Wouldn't you have won? That whole "We're the greatest team in the history of sports...if we lose we're still the greatest regardless of who wins a championship" belief is utter BULL$h:t. That's why I hate em.

Dread-Head
01-23-2008, 10:36 AM

Despite my rancor for your team I have to admit I respected Landry as a coach. Jones firing that man was a b:tch move. The man was going to retire at the end of that season. You don't fire a legend like Landry you give him a chance to retire or try to convince him to.
Lizzard face (Jones) will ALWAYS have my disrespect for that.

bah007
01-23-2008, 10:37 AM
After this year's playoff game Wade Phillips said in the post game wrap up
"The better team lost." Uh...if you were the better team? Wouldn't you have won? That whole "We're the greatest team in the history of sports...if we lose we're still the greatest regardless of who wins a championship" belief is utter BULL$h:t. That's why I hate em.

LOL.

The Cowboys had already beat the Giants twice this season.

Maybe Wade thought that the Cowboys really were the better team. Oh, nevermind. I guess Stanford really is just better than USC.

Just ask college basketball fans if the best team wins the championship every year.

Would you say the same stuff about Belichick if the Pats lost the Super Bowl & he said the better team lost after the game?

Dread-Head
01-23-2008, 10:42 AM
LOL.

The Cowboys had already beat the Giants twice this season.

Maybe Wade thought that the Cowboys really were the better team.

Just ask college basketball fans if the best team wins the championship every year.

Would you say the same stuff about Belichick if the Pats lost the Super Bowl & he said the better team lost after the game?

I HATE the Patriots. The ONLY reason I'm routing for them THIS season is because I want Shula and the 72 Dolphins to shut the #uck up about being the greatest team ever. Everyone KNOWS that the greatest single season team EVER was the 85 BEARS! If the 85 Bears played the 72 Dolphins they would have beaten them like rented mules on a bad day.:bat:

gwallaia
01-23-2008, 10:48 AM
I only hate one team, the Titans.

HoustonFrog
01-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Despite my rancor for your team I have to admit I respected Landry as a coach. Jones firing that man was a b:tch move. The man was going to retire at the end of that season. You don't fire a legend like Landry you give him a chance to retire or try to convince him to.
Lizzard face (Jones) will ALWAYS have my disrespect for that.

He wasn't going to retire. Believe me. He was Joe Paterno all the way and never thought to switching defenses, etc. Again, its no disrespect, he is one of my favorite Cowboy figures ever but the Cowboys were falling behind the times and no matter who complained about the method, many were happy to see a change.

As for the above quotes...what are coaches supposed to say. Dallas outgained them and the stats..time of possession, etc looked in their favor. They deserved to lose but most coaches will never admit they were outplayed. The Landry quote..when did that man ever make a classless excuse. Listen to Kubes every week. This is pure reaching. Sorry.

HoustonFrog
01-23-2008, 11:00 AM
I HATE the Patriots. The ONLY reason I'm routing for them THIS season is because I want Shula and the 72 Dolphins to shut the #uck up about being the greatest team ever. Everyone KNOWS that the greatest single season team EVER was the 85 BEARS! If the 85 Bears played the 72 Dolphins they would have beaten them like rented mules on a bad day.:bat:

I think there are many teams better than this years Pats IMHO. I want the Dolphins to shut up too. I am not diminishing their feat and they will be "a" greatest team but I can't put them ahead of the 85 Bears, the Steelers of the late 70s, the Cowboys of the 90s...even the Cowboys that played the Steelers in the late 70s..the 49ers of the 80s, etc. Those were different eras where teams were loaded with HOFers on both sides of the ball and whose defenses were tough and whose offenses were explosive in SOME cases. After the cap era though the Pats have done remarkable. I just think their defense is not up to snuff while their offense is off the charts.

Texan_Bill
01-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Bah007,

You ARE what your record is - and you ARE what your last game was.... So, irrespective of the Cowboys sweeping the Giants in the regular season, the Giants own scoreboard where it counts... The play-offs.

Therefore,

Giants > Cowboys...

Dread-Head
01-23-2008, 11:12 AM
I think there are many teams better than this years Pats IMHO. I want the Dolphins to shut up too. I am not diminishing their feat and they will be "a" greatest team but I can't put them ahead of the 85 Bears, the Steelers of the late 70s, the Cowboys of the 90s...even the Cowboys that played the Steelers in the late 70s..the 49ers of the 80s, etc. Those were different eras where teams were loaded with HOFers on both sides of the ball and whose defenses were tough and whose offenses were explosive in SOME cases. After the cap era though the Pats have done remarkable. I just think their defense is not up to snuff while their offense is off the charts.

Teh 49ers of the 80's/90's just kicked ass in general. Winning 5 superbowls with the nucleus of one team? That's a feat that I doubt we'll see repeated in this lifetime.

bah007
01-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Bah007,

You ARE what your record is - and you ARE what your last game was.... So, irrespective of the Cowboys sweeping the Giants in the regular season, the Giants own scoreboard where it counts... The play-offs.

Therefore,

Giants > Cowboys...

I'm only defending Wade's opinion that he had the better team. He is allowed to think that if he wants. And he has the two wins to back that up.

I'm of the opinion that Dallas has better players than the Giants, but not a better team.

ItsAMarioParty
01-24-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm living in Fort Worth right now and the reason I can't stand the cowboys is their stuck up fans. They have the most ridiculous sense of entitlement and it carries over to every aspect of life in the metroplex.

http://www.30kdm.com/images/products/10003/verticalpic.jpg

ATRAIN
01-24-2008, 08:08 AM
I was an oilers fan when I was young and then Jones fired Johnson and that was the last draw for me. Plus my recent hatred of the Girls and VY have spawned from the ignorance of my roommate. He talks crap about the Texans and thinks its pretty funny that we struggle and loves that they show Titans games instead of Texans here in Austin. I remember asking him once what if VY was drafted to the Skins, Giants, or Eagles and in Austin they showed his games instead of the Cowboys. How would you feel about VY then? His reply, that wouldn't happen because Austin is Cowboy country, they are America's team. I said but what if since Austin loves VY so much. He said well thats not the case and a stupid point. MAN do I really hate both of those teams and glad they both failed in the playoffs. Of course they always come back and say at least they made playoffs, but in reality does that really matter? I mean we are all watching the superbowl on tv.

nunusguy
01-24-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm living in Fort Worth right now and the reason I can't stand the cowboys is their stuck up fans. They have the most ridiculous sense of entitlement and it carries over to every aspect of life in the metroplex.

I'm curious ? I dunno if its a big deal in N.Texas or not that the Cowboys are moving to Arlington ? I keep track of the the DFW area 'cause I got a couple "business interests" up that way, and I know for statistical purposes and even historical and cultural reasons, Dallas and FW are 2 distinct cites, areas, etc. and Arlington is clearly part of FW and not Dallas. In other words, is the Cowboys relocation causing any problems or friction between the Dallas & FW sides of N.Texas ?

HoustonFrog
01-24-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm curious ? I dunno if its a big deal in N.Texas or not that the Cowboys are moving to Arlington ? I keep track of the the DFW area 'cause I got a couple "business interests" up that way, and I know for statistical purposes and even historical and cultural reasons, Dallas and FW are 2 distinct cites, areas, etc. and Arlington is clearly part of FW and not Dallas. In other words, is the Cowboys relocation causing any problems or friction between the Dallas & FW sides of N.Texas ?

No!My brother works for the Cowboys and deals with sales in the new stadium and people are fine with it. As I've said I grew up in the area and have almost all my family still in the area..all three in fact..Dallas, Ft. Worth and Arlington. Arlington isn't far from either city. As you pass Six Flags and The Ballpark in Arlington you can see downtown Dallas on a clear day. I'm sure Dallasites would rather have it in Irving but the old stadium is so antiquated and they wouldn't pay for it.

Double Barrel
01-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Six flags and two stadiums make Arlington the only thing worth a crap in the DFW area. :cowboy1:

HoustonFrog
01-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Six flags and two stadiums make Arlington the only thing worth a crap in the DFW area. :cowboy1:

Come on now, Ft. Worth is awesome. College town in TCU. Downtown is great with Sundance Square and all the fun there. Ft. Worth is a great family town.

gwallaia
01-24-2008, 11:21 AM
I rise in defense of Fort Worth. The city has some very nice architecture including one of my favorite buildings, the Kimball Art Museum.

nunusguy
01-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Dang D-B, you got such an abusive attitute towards the DFW area.
Frankly, I like the area and I'm actually more impressed with downtown FW than Dallas because there is so much RE development there and the Sundance Square is a kinda a neat thing and I don't think they have a comparable for it in Dallas ? I've been thinking about the wife & I taking in SS in FW for a weekend sometime.
Here's something else little known about FW: its Amon Carter Museum and not anything in Dallas is probably the leading cultural attraction in all of N.Texas. But I don't think you'll hear that from anyone in Dallas ?

Mr teX
01-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Can't speak for "fans across the NFL" only for myself but the 1st youtube video in this thread pretty much sums it up for me. Many of the fans are obnoxious as hell & refuse to talk anywhere near reality when they speak of their team......... Titans fans on the TOMB are much the same way.

The "america's team" crap also gets under my skin too.

Texans_Chick
01-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Two basic reasons.

Their owner and their fanbase as a whole.

I used to hate the Cowboys but liked Landry. The Cowboys met teams I liked better in the playoffs, so I always rooted against them.

Then I used to hate the Cowboys, and hated Jerry Jones and the way he conducts his business (wanting all the credit, the Jimmy Johnson thing, not caring about character etc).

But I think I always didn't care for Cowboy fans. I believe that 99.9% of Cowboy fans are loudmouth turds, and the .1% are not turds, but are really biting their tongues.

And I think it is because that a bunch of their fanbase has never even been to Dallas, so it is like they have to overcompensate in their fandom.

A story:

Cowboys-Texans preseason game.

Cowboy fan talking dump about a preseason game. He was related to someone I knew. I didn't realize quite how drunk Cowboy fan was.

So I decide to talk dish back a little bit, pretty mild:

Me: Where are you from?

Cowboy fan: Ohio.

Me: Have you been to Dallas?

Cowboy fan: No.

Me: So you aren't a Bengal or Browns fan?

Cowboy fan: No way. I'd never be a fan of those teams.

Me: So basically you are a bandwagoner.

Cowboy fan: (Gets in my face and starts dumping tons of profanity stuff at me).

Me: (Prepared to push him over the seats if he gets one bit physical. Realizes at this point that Cowboy fan is hugely drunk).

Guy Sitting Next To Me: (Tells dude to shut up in front of the ladies and to go somewhere and cool off. He takes a smoke break, and apologizes to Guy Sitting Next To Me and his wife).

Texans proceed to crush the Cowboys. Cowboy fan goes on many a smoke break.

The End.

So, fans across the NFL do not like the Cowboys because of:

1. matchups in the playoffs over the years.
2. their fanbase acting like turds.

Texan_Bill
01-24-2008, 01:11 PM
^^^^^^^Because our 'chicks' can whoop that bandwagon a$$ if need be ^^^^^^^^^

ATRAIN
01-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Two basic reasons.

I used to hate the Cowboys but liked Landry. The Cowboys met teams I liked better in the playoffs, so I always rooted against them.

Then I used to hate the Cowboys, and hated Jerry Jones and the way he conducts his business (wanting all the credit, the Jimmy Johnson thing, not caring about character etc).

But I think I always didn't care for Cowboy fans. I believe that 99.9% of Cowboy fans are loudmouth turds, and the .1% are not turds, but are really biting their tongues.

And I think it is because that a bunch of their fanbase has never even been to Dallas, so it is like they have to overcompensate in their fandom.

A story:

Cowboy fan talking dump about a preseason game. He was related to someone I knew. I didn't realize quite how drunk Cowboy fan was.

Me: (Prepared to push him over the seats if he gets one bit physical. Realizes at this point that Cowboy fan is hugely drunk).

Guy Sitting Next To Me: (Tells dude to shut up in front of the ladies and to go somewhere and cool off. He takes a smoke break, and apologizes to Guy Sitting Next To Me and his wife).

The End.

I think im in love with Texans Chick after this story

Specnatz
01-24-2008, 01:27 PM

Now you know why she wears those boots, because she can stomp a mudhole in a bandwagon fans ass and then walk it dry.

Texan_Bill
01-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Now you know why she wears those boots, because she can stomp a mudhole in a bandwagon fans ass and then walk it dry.

:texans chick:

Start stompin'

Tedc
01-24-2008, 01:49 PM
I think im in love with Texans Chick after this story

I fell in love with her when she was in a Ultimate Fan contest (against me) and her routine was kicking the dog snot out of a typical Cowboy fan.

What a woman!

Texans_Chick
01-24-2008, 01:50 PM

I don't ever want to have to whoop anyone. On TV, people get whooped and it looks cool and stuff, but in reality, when real fights happen, somebody gets brain damage or seriously messed up, and people have to hire lawyers and go to jail for a long long time.

Jail for a long time doesn't sound very cool. Or hiring lawyers. Or risking getting your football tickets taken away.

If I ever have to fight somebody, it better be for a good cause and not just because some Cowboy fan is overly sensitive about the bandwagony nature of his fan allegiance.

Actually, I was thinking self-defense. Dude was not a big guy and I thought he was going to throw a punch at me. I had a better angle, so I could have easily pushed him over the seats in front of mine. Fortunately, the Guy Sitting Next to Me is a referee, and accustomed to dealing with people screaming, cussing and fixing to fight over stupid stuff.

Western boots are very practical things to wear to football games however. They are comfortable, stylish and protect your feet walking through crowds.

Hardcore Texan
01-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Two basic reasons.

A story:

The End.

Wow, a cowgirl fan knows how to apologize? Who would've thunk it. :shades:

ATRAIN
01-24-2008, 01:58 PM
I fell in love with her when she was in a Ultimate Fan contest (against me) and her routine was kicking the dog snot out of a typical Cowboy fan.

What a woman!

That is awesome!! I more in love now hahaha. Maybe I can have her beat up my roomate. He is short and a wuss so wouldnt be too hard and I would laugh.

Texans_Chick
01-24-2008, 02:00 PM

What a woman!

LOL.

Actually, it was my evil nemesis, "Annoying Cowboy Fan."

The first year they had the contest, they didn't let us know that they wanted us to do something visual or like a talent or something. So I didn't get into the finals which made me grumpy because I really wanted to run out on the tunnel before the game. I have no discernable talents (as anyone who say the karaoke contest years could attest to), but I figured I could be pretty good at beating down Annoying Cowboy Fan so that's what I did.

I actually have a video of that on TiVO. I need to figure out a way to get that transferred to a digital medium. It is absolutely hilarious seeing it in slow motion.

ATRAIN
01-24-2008, 02:02 PM
LOL.

The first year they had the contest, they didn't let us know that they wanted us to do something visual or like a talent or something. So I didn't get into the finals which made me grumpy because I really wanted to run out on the tunnel before the game. I have no discernable talents (as anyone who say the karaoke contest years could attest to), but I figured I could be pretty good at beating down Annoying Cowboy Fan so that's what I did.

I actually have a video of that on TiVO. I need to figure out a way to get that transferred to a digital medium. It is absolutely hilarious seeing it in slow motion.

You should put it on Youtube so we can see it

Tedc
01-24-2008, 02:04 PM
LOL.

I would love seeing that again. I kind of imagined that "Annoying Cowboy Fan" as being Cowboy bill (Lamza) which made it more fun.

Second Honeymoon
01-24-2008, 02:14 PM

http://www.30kdm.com/images/products/10003/verticalpic.jpg

you understand that the t-shirt is a spoof of the Keep Austin Wierd campaign. Does anyone actually think this 'guy' is the typical resident of Dallas?

Direct your aggression to the Northeast. Where the NY-Boston media have kidnapped the Super Bowl. Where the manlove for Brady has reached critical mass. That is what I hate. I would much rather see the Cowboys get worked by the Pats than the New York City Giants. Screw NY.

If you hate the Cowboys, you should be happy not hating. They totally imploded and Jones looks like a donkey's ass for a variety of reasons...the tickets left at the locker...TO crying about Romo...Romo looking like a total punk at midfield after the game...the whole Garrett/Phillips chemistry with Jason's new deal as OC...Jerry pacing the sidelines late in big games only to see his team choke, time after time. Total freaking trainwreck, and Jerry is to blame. It's to a point where you don't have to hate them because they are good, you should just laugh at them because they have failed so miserably. Until they get a true leader like Irvin or Troy, they will never amount to a hill of beans. Just laugh at the myopic bandwagonning fans like from the YouTube video...that dude deserves to be slammed...

I guess I don't think they deserve the hate anymore. They havent won a playoff game in over a decade. The Cowboys are irrelevant.

Second Honeymoon
01-24-2008, 02:20 PM
I don't ever want to have to whoop anyone. On TV, people get whooped and it looks cool and stuff, but in reality, when real fights happen, somebody gets brain damage or seriously messed up, and people have to hire lawyers and go to jail for a long long time.

Jail for a long time doesn't sound very cool. Or hiring lawyers. Or risking getting your football tickets taken away.

If I ever have to fight somebody, it better be for a good cause and not just because some Cowboy fan is overly sensitive about the bandwagony nature of his fan allegiance.

Actually, I was thinking self-defense. Dude was not a big guy and I thought he was going to throw a punch at me. I had a better angle, so I could have easily pushed him over the seats in front of mine. Fortunately, the Guy Sitting Next to Me is a referee, and accustomed to dealing with people screaming, cussing and fixing to fight over stupid stuff.

Western boots are very practical things to wear to football games however. They are comfortable, stylish and protect your feet walking through crowds.

This PSA has been brought to you Texans Chick

and knowing is half the battle....

HoustonFrog
01-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Two basic reasons.

A story:

The End.

Come on TC, so untrue. There are a few of us here that spend all our time here, root for the Texans and don't cause any trouble. I'd say most real Cowboy fans are the same way. I'll say what I've said before, what is the difference between loudmouth Cowboy fan and loudmouth Texan fan who hates Dallas for no reason at all and who calls 610 weekly to laugh at something random. If a fan base is more interested in who loses and not who wins, then there is a problem...not pointed at you of course.:)

I mean you guys have to know that many of us grew up there living and dying with the team for 30 years as much as Oiler/Texan fan has here. All teams have them. Maybe many here get approached or messed with because they are just as fired up on the other side of the coin.

Hardcore Texan
01-24-2008, 02:27 PM
The 2007 cowboys in 8 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLMHMhkdy2Q&NR=1

================================================== ====

Tedc
01-24-2008, 02:35 PM
I mean you guys have to know that many of us grew up there living and dying with the team for 30 years as much as Oiler/Texan fan has here. All teams have them.

There does seem to be a lot of former Dallasites living in Houston. Why is that, do you think?

Texan_Bill
01-24-2008, 02:50 PM
There does seem to be a lot of former Dallasites living in Houston. Why is that, do you think?

:hmmm: That's a great point. I guess it gives the term 'dallaSITE' a whole new meaning...

michaelm
01-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Come on TC, so untrue. There are a few of us here that spend all our time here, root for the Texans and don't cause any trouble. I'd say most real Cowboy fans are the same way. I'll say what I've said before, what is the difference between loudmouth Cowboy fan and loudmouth Texan fan who hates Dallas for no reason at all and who calls 610 weekly to laugh at something random. If a fan base is more interested in who loses and not who wins, then there is a problem...not pointed at you of course.:)

I mean you guys have to know that many of us grew up there living and dying with the team for 30 years as much as Oiler/Texan fan has here. All teams have them. Maybe many here get approached or messed with because they are just as fired up on the other side of the coin.

There are tons of cowgirl fans around the country who love the team. Those are bandwagonners. There are many, many people around this country who despise the team and all of the bandwaggoners. Just look to youtube, and all of the anti-cowboy videos you will find there. It's definately NOT just a Houston thing, but it's a little more intense here due to the higher concentration of crygirl loud mouths we have to deal with.
The girls are America's team, if you think America is one big bandwagon.
I don't aim this at you, personally. You have actually lived in proximity to the team in question. How else would any team get to be (or think they are) "America's Team" without a ton of people jumping on a bandwagon?

Hookem Horns
01-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Direct your aggression to the Northeast. Where the NY-Boston media have kidnapped the Super Bowl. Where the manlove for Brady has reached critical mass. That is what I hate. I would much rather see the Cowboys get worked by the Pats than the New York City Giants. Screw NY.

You think the NY and Boston media are devoting so much time to the Super Bowl because both of their teams are playing in it? If Brady played in Houston and had the Texans on a dynasty run there wouldn't be just as much "manlove" for him in Texas?

Hey, I love watching the Cowboys get worked over too. However that was much more enjoyable watching it in their first playoff game (keeping their playoff infertility run alive) by a team I root for.

Go NY!

HoustonFrog
01-24-2008, 03:52 PM
There are tons of cowgirl fans around the country who love the team. Those are bandwagonners. There are many, many people around this country who despise the team and all of the bandwaggoners. Just look to youtube, and all of the anti-cowboy videos you will find there. It's definately NOT just a Houston thing, but it's a little more intense here due to the higher concentration of crygirl loud mouths we have to deal with.
The girls are America's team, if you think America is one big bandwagon.
I don't aim this at you, personally. You have actually lived in proximity to the team in question. How else would any team get to be (or think they are) "America's Team" without a ton of people jumping on a bandwagon?

That is the funny part. America's team wasn't made up by them. If your going to get angry, call Steve Sabol and NFL Films. Don't be mad at Tex Schram for running with it. The whole bandwagon excuse is so lame. I mean look at this board and what happened after the loss. It was bedlam. Its pathetic in my mind. You can justify it by saying a ton of people hate them but that is exactly why you get the hated excuse..."that is because we have been to 8 Super Bowls and won 5, what have you done." As annoying as it is, its the truth. If the Cowboys had never won a thing, no one would care. You guys are just as loudmouth and generalize just as much as any Cowboy fan I ever associated with or knew. Its a one way street too because, again, people up there like Houston and really don't care.

Again, chicken or the egg. Lound mouth haters or loud mouth braggers.

Also, why is it that Dallas fans have to live in Dallas to be legit? I lived in Ft. Worth for 23 years. I moved here for law school. Guess why?Because I am not wrapped up on hating teams, just cheering for teams. Isn't the goal to have your team sell jerseys and for a team to be known and popular across the country? They make the most money out of any franchise and I don't think it is because there are hundreds of youtube haters out there. I've already said that I like living in Houston better than Dallas..it doesn't mean anything in sports.

As I said, I love being here but there is so much grouping going on it is getting deep.

Double Barrel
01-24-2008, 04:12 PM
You guys are just as loudmouth and generalize just as much as any Cowboy fan I ever associated with or knew. Its a one way street too because, again, people up there like Houston and really don't care.

No offense, Frog, and I respect you as a football fan....but I have never seen a Houston Texans fan act like this doofus:

See exhibit A

Tedc
01-24-2008, 04:18 PM
I've already said that I like living in Houston better than Dallas....

I hear that a lot from ex-Dallassites. My wife is one as well.

I have hated Dallas since 1971 (before they won anything) because Tom Landry treated me and my brothers like a piece of crap. He was a neighbor's uncle and when he came to visit he was a complete jerk.

I completely resent the implications that I hate them because they won anything. I hate them because of a deep seeded hurt implanted in a little boy's heart which grew to hatred over the years.

Texan_Bill
01-24-2008, 04:27 PM

I have hated Dallas since 1971 (before they won anything) because Tom Landry treated me and my brothers like a piece of crap. He was a neighbor's uncle and when he came to visit he was a complete jerk.

I completely resent the implications that I hate them because they won anything. I hate them because of a deep seeded hurt implanted in a little boy's heart which grew to hatred over the years.

Ted, there are 'people' that you can see to open up let those tramatic childhood experiences out... :pirate:

HoustonFrog
01-24-2008, 04:44 PM
No offense, Frog, and I respect you as a football fan....but I have never seen a Houston Texans fan act like this doofus:

I've seen some here.Actually on the radio last Monday. :) I also retract the qualifier "you guys" and will add "some here"

Booze will help.

Its more that they would be non-factors if they hadn't won anything. It gains steam with the whole, "your a crack lover"..."oh yeah, what has your team done." I hate it too. This resenting implications that the fanbase it like that.

michaelm
01-24-2008, 05:22 PM
That is the funny part. America's team wasn't made up by them. If your going to get angry, call Steve Sabol and NFL Films. Don't be mad at Tex Schram for running with it.I was just using the term America's team to illustrate a point, but most of the blow hard cowgirl fans I know still bang this drum like it's relevant.

The whole bandwagon excuse is so lame. I mean look at this board and what happened after the loss. It was bedlam. Its pathetic in my mind. You can justify it by saying a ton of people hate them but that is exactly why you get the hated excuse..."that is because we have been to 8 Super Bowls and won 5, what have you done." As annoying as it is, its the truth. If the Cowboys had never won a thing, no one would care.You're right to say that if they'd never won anything no one would care, but part of that is because the blow hards never would have had anything to get started about...

You guys are just as loudmouth and generalize just as much as any Cowboy fan I ever associated with or knew. Its a one way street too because, again, people up there like Houston and really don't care.
Again, chicken or the egg. Lound mouth haters or loud mouth braggers.I'm just responding to the question in the thread. I don't go around and talk crap to people I see just because they're sporting cowboy gear. I mostly respond to cowboy fans that are being stereotypical cowboy fans. I know I didn't just wake up one morning and pick a team to hate. I don't know about others, but this is definitely not a chicken/egg situation for me. I know who came first in my personal experience...

Also, why is it that Dallas fans have to live in Dallas to be legit? I lived in Ft. Worth for 23 years. I moved here for law school. Guess why?Because I am not wrapped up on hating teams, just cheering for teams.If you live near a city, and it's the closest city with a franchise in a particular sport, I would expect that you would be a fan of that team. I would say that people who live in a city that's far away, and in an area that is typically full of fans of a team in closer proximity, you stand a much higher chance of being a bandwaggoner if your a cowboy fan. Maybe not all of them, but alot of them for sure.

Isn't the goal to have your team sell jerseys and for a team to be known and popular across the country? They make the most money out of any franchise and I don't think it is because there are hundreds of youtube haters out there. I've already said that I like living in Houston better than Dallas..it doesn't mean anything in sports.The whole youtube thing isn't because of the boys success, trust me. People are galvinized against the typical cowboy fan. You may not be a typical loud mouth fan, but you are a minority, I assue you.Sure, a sports franchises goal should be to sell as much merchandise as possible, and the cowboys do that by way of an exceptionally large bandwagon. Sure, the team had success, and that's why so many people jumped on the wagon, who weren't fans before that success... that's the definition of bandwagon.

As I said, I love being here but there is so much grouping going on it is getting deep.Maybe you should probably leave this thread alone. It's like religion and politics... there will be no converting here... in either direction.

In any event, the cowboys are the new Oilers. And that's not necessarily a good thing. Peace.

Hardcore Texan
01-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Here's Exhibit B:

True story.
This morning my 10 yr. old daughter throws on a Houston Texan sweatshirt because she left her jacket at school. So on the way to drop her off I say "if any boys say anything to you today about your sweatshirt like the Texans suck or why do you like the Texans, you just tell them the cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 11 years".

Well sure enough, some boys started giving her grief about her liking the Texans (now, she knows they are cowboys fans and why are the kids learning to hate on the Texans, could it be their bandwagon jumping dads?) but my girl was ready with her response, "huh, who hasn't won a playoff game in 11 years". The little boys were left speechless, had no come backs and promptly left my little girl alone. Acknowledging their defeat. :splits:

That my friends is parenting at its finest! :texflag:

Double Barrel
01-24-2008, 07:38 PM
That's funny, HT!

My son always asks who to root for when we watch football every Sunday. Of course, my own likes and dislikes come out, so he knows "never root for the Cowboys, unless they play the Titans" (bless his heart! ;)).

Now, I didn't realize how literal he took it until a couple of weeks ago when his school had "rodeo day", and all the children got to dress up in their boots and hats and all that western style. When I walked him to his classroom, I asked why he didn't want to dress up. He looked at me with this very serious stare and said "daddy, I don't like cowboys, remember?!".

Man, that was a proud dad moment, and almost brought some water forth from the ol' ducts. :D

Hardcore Texan
01-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks DB! Your story is great too, kids are the greatest.

As for Tony Romo, "Don't worry be happy".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9so9xBEvU3Q&feature=related

================================================== =====

Texans_Chick
01-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Its more that they would be non-factors if they hadn't won anything. It gains steam with the whole, "your a crack lover"..."oh yeah, what has your team done." I hate it too. This resenting implications that the fanbase it like that.

For me it is no chickens and eggs.

There's the teams I like because I grew up with them.

Then there's teams I like because friends of mine like them and I was indifferent about them.

With the Cowboys, it's always because their fanbase as a group they are hard to be around. Just my one time thinking I was going to be assaulted by a Cowboy fan is enough to despise the Cowboys, much less their horrific behavior in our stadium (I had to yell at a guy to take his hands off of me during the last game--amazingly he got pretty durned sedate as the game progressed).

It's a lifetime of just being around a fanbase who had an early history of success, and never learned to be gracious winners or losers. As a fanbase, they are awful. And Jerry Jones is the perfect owner for such a franchise.

There are plenty of teams that have had very sucessful franchises but I don't end up loathing their fanbases and the way they conduct themselves. I never much liked the Steelers over the years, but I begrudgingly respected their franchise. And I appreciate the way that their fans are crazy about their team. Maybe I'd feel differently if I lived around more Steeler fans and wasn't one.

However, even the biggest Cowboy lovers realize that a lot of people throughout the country get particular joy when the Cowboys crater, especially in spectacular form with crying TO, Romessica, Jerry leaking the NFC champship tickets in the locker story, and Wade being a sore loser.

It's called schadenfreude, a german word with no exact English equivalent, but basically means happiness in others misfortune.

The reason why fans across the country get particular happiness from the Cowboys spectacular losses is because we don't like the way that many Cowboy fans conduct themselves and Jerry Jones isn't the easiest guy to root for either. Your franchise isn't very likeable as a whole unless you like the concept of winning without character, and in this century, the winning stuff is in question as well.

So, some Cowboy fans will see the hate as being a result of past wins, but there's a lot of teams with lots of rings that I don't have much a feeling about other than respect for their tradition. Usually I like being around fans passionate about their team, but passionate Cowboy fans are a different breed.

StarStruck
01-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Ok, as a Cowboy fan, this is what I will promise to do. On the day that the Texans visit Texas Stadium, and after a Cowboy win, one the players run up and shout and taunt Bob McNair, and/or when the Cowboys come to Reliant Stadium, and Bob McNair either comes onto the field or jumbotron, and the Cowboys fans in the stadium yell out a collective boo, then I will be the first to jump on here and pronounce that we have the most obnoxious fans in the league. A promise!

HoustonFrog
01-24-2008, 10:55 PM
For me it is no chickens and eggs.

There's the teams I like because I grew up with them.

Then there's teams I like because friends of mine like them and I was indifferent about them.

With the Cowboys, it's always because their fanbase as a group they are hard to be around. Just my one time thinking I was going to be assaulted by a Cowboy fan is enough to despise the Cowboys, much less their horrific behavior in our stadium (I had to yell at a guy to take his hands off of me during the last game--amazingly he got pretty durned sedate as the game progressed).

It's a lifetime of just being around a fanbase who had an early history of success, and never learned to be gracious winners or losers. As a fanbase, they are awful. And Jerry Jones is the perfect owner for such a franchise.

There are plenty of teams that have had very sucessful franchises but I don't end up loathing their fanbases and the way they conduct themselves. I never much liked the Steelers over the years, but I begrudgingly respected their franchise. And I appreciate the way that their fans are crazy about their team. Maybe I'd feel differently if I lived around more Steeler fans and wasn't one.

However, even the biggest Cowboy lovers realize that a lot of people throughout the country get particular joy when the Cowboys crater, especially in spectacular form with crying TO, Romessica, Jerry leaking the NFC champship tickets in the locker story, and Wade being a sore loser.

It's called schadenfreude, a german word with no exact English equivalent, but basically means happiness in others misfortune.

The reason why fans across the country get particular happiness from the Cowboys spectacular losses is because we don't like the way that many Cowboy fans conduct themselves and Jerry Jones isn't the easiest guy to root for either. Your franchise isn't very likeable as a whole unless you like the concept of winning without character, and in this century, the winning stuff is in question as well.
So, some Cowboy fans will see the hate as being a result of past wins, but there's a lot of teams with lots of rings that I don't have much a feeling about other than respect for their tradition. Usually I like being around fans passionate about their team, but passionate Cowboy fans are a different breed.

Again, I respect your opinion, per usual, but you are still throwing every fan that backs the team into one category and I find that to be my problem. When you are a kid and grow up in an area and that is your team you can't think, "well hell, we are winning Super Bowls, so I'll be obnoxious." I lived and died by the team but was never in people's faces. My family wasn't either. Many of them are from east so they aren't even fans. I never grew up knowing fans that did it.

I get that some people are happy in other misfortunes. But considering it is a one way street I think alot of people's hate is situational, such as with your unfortunate situation. Sorry you dealt with that. I've rarely sat here on this board and pumped up the Cowboys. In fact it isn't why I'm here. I'm not on a Cowboy board. So I think your blanketing of the fan base is incorrect when there are many like me who respect other fans and sit places like this daily enjoying their company while being a fan. On the other hand I sit here and hear people say it is OK for Texan fans or whomever to act the same way they despise because of past experiences. Go figure. I'm not going to change your mind but if I pigeon holed fan bases based on what I've heard the last two weeks I'd think that people are trying their best to catch up in the a-hole category. As far as character. I'll take guys like Aikman, Staubach, etc over the last 3 decades. They have plenty of character. I won't sift through all teams past but it seems you are doing the same thing with the franchise as you are doing with the fanbase...few equal the whole and I'll turn a blind eye at what is being thrown back. For every T.O or Irvin there are 20 Aikmans, Woodson, Romos, Wittens, Novacheks, etc, etc.

Hey, as I said, minds won't change but I respect your super fandom, writings and posts and understand the above situation. I just think some people refuse to acknowledge there are many good fans because then it ruins their idea that they have to hate all things Cowboys, including every single fan.

Hardcore Texan
01-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Again, I respect your opinion, per usual, but you are still throwing every fan that backs the team into one category and I find that to be my problem. When you are a kid and grow up in an area and that is your team you can't think, "well hell, we are winning Super Bowls, so I'll be obnoxious." I lived and died by the team but was never in people's faces. My family wasn't either. Many of them are from east so they aren't even fans. I never grew up knowing fans that did it.

I get that some people are happy in other misfortunes. But considering it is a one way street I think alot of people's hate is situational, such as with your unfortunate situation. Sorry you dealt with that. I've rarely sat here on this board and pumped up the Cowboys. In fact it isn't why I'm here. I'm not on a Cowboy board. So I think your blanketing of the fan base is incorrect when there are many like me who respect other fans and sit places like this daily enjoying their company while being a fan. On the other hand I sit here and hear people say it is OK for Texan fans or whomever to act the same way they despise because of past experiences. Go figure. I'm not going to change your mind but if I pigeon holed fan bases based on what I've heard the last two weeks I'd think that people are trying their best to catch up in the a-hole category. As far as character. I'll take guys like Aikman, Staubach, etc over the last 3 decades. They have plenty of character. I won't sift through all teams past but it seems you are doing the same thing with the franchise as you are doing with the fanbase...few equal the whole and I'll turn a blind eye at what is being thrown back. For every T.O or Irvin there are 20 Aikmans, Woodson, Romos, Wittens, Novacheks, etc, etc.

Hey, as I said, minds won't change but I respect your super fandom, writings and posts and understand the above situation. I just think some people refuse to acknowledge there are many good fans because then it ruins their idea that they have to hate all things Cowboys, including every single fan.

Most of us can not stand the loud mouth, blabbering, bandwagon fans that are quick to tell us our team sucks but can not hold an intelligent conversation about one single player on their team. Or there are some who know a little about the team, but walk around and talk about them, how great they are, and however one sucks in some air of greatness despite the fact they have not had a successful post season in over a decade. These are the fans I can't stand, and Jerry Jones of course. I am pretty indifferent about half of the players on the team except for the uniform they wear.

I see this subject two ways:

1. You (not HF, but you in general) are allowed to be talk smack, proclaiming your team to be the best and I can excuse the fact that you can't name 5-10 players on your team, or just 3 lineman. If you were born, grew up, or now live in said city. (in this case Dallas), the ole Hometown thingy as an excuse basically.

B. If you weren't born, or grew up or now live in this city than I feel to proclaim yourself as a fan you should be educated about your team. At least be able to know what their record was the last couple of years, at least be able to know the majority of the lineman's names, or large chunk of the roster. At least know if your teams runs the 3-4 or the 4-3 defense. In other words, back up your smack talk with a little knowledge so that you can make a case for yourself, other than your teams sucks and the cowboys rule.

It's the latter that annoys the hell out of me.

I for one, and I think most probably feel this way, don't have a problem with any fan of any team that is respectful, knows what he/she is talking about, enjoys the sport and likes to discuss with fellow NFL fans of any team. This is clearly where you are coming from. You grew up with a passion for your team and you know what your are talking about. I respect that any day of the week. Heck, most of my in-laws are all cowboys fans. I don't dislike or hate them because of it, it's mostly just because they are my in-laws. J/K, my father-in-law is a great guy, I have tons of respect for him. Of course he is also a Sooner fan, so we give each other a good ribbing on a regular basis, he obviously has misguided football fandom. That's my take on things.

Just out of curiosity, would you consider yourself a huge Texans fan also?

HoustonFrog
01-25-2008, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE]

Most of us can not stand the loud mouth, blabbering, bandwagon fans that are quick to tell us our team sucks but can not hold an intelligent conversation about one single player on their team. Or there are some who know a little about the team, but walk around and talk about them, how great they are, and however one sucks in some air of greatness despite the fact they have not had a successful post season in over a decade. These are the fans I can't stand, and Jerry Jones of course. I am pretty indifferent about half of the players on the team except for the uniform they wear.............................................. .................................................. .............................

Just out of curiosity, would you consider yourself a huge Texans fan also?

Nice post and I'll try to respond because this thread interests me

1) No, I'm not a huge Texans fan but I am a Texans fan that is growing with them. My first football love will always be the Cowboys. As I said I grew up in the area and knew everything about all the players, etc but because of my brothers also liked the Oilers and Houston teams. When I moved here in 93 I lost no allegiance but I liked Houston teams so there was no reason not to cheer. Especially since the Rockets won two straight championships when I moved here. I actually came to the boards to discuss Carr, liked the people and stayed. I like talking Texans...and everything else. I had a hard time getting fully behind the Texans with Carr but like their direction now and root a little differently.

2) Just to get this out there, I acknowledge the Boys ineptness the last decade but it helped me become a better fan. It used to ruin my Sundays if they lost. I got used to a few bad seasons and let it roll a little more because in order fro them to improve the franchise had to stop doing some dumb things.

3) I understand bandwagon fans. From what I gather most are a younger fanbase that jumped on in the 90s and have no clue what it was like to feel or be in the midst of 20 winning seasons straight and to see the Steeler/Cowboy Super Bowls as a kid and name the teams..Cliff Harris, Charlie Waters, Drew Pearson, Golden Richards, Jay Saldi, Butch Johnson, DD Lewis, Too Tall, Harvey, etc, etc. Most have no clue what it felt like to watch "The Catch" and throw your TV tray as an 11 year old. So I can see where this is bothersome.

4) I get semi-annoyed with the Jerry Jones thing. I get that he comes off as a villain of sorts. I understand that he screwed up with Jimmy Johnson and many say with the handling of Landry. But overall he is a good man and knows business and his team and pretty much revolutionized the league for all owners with his stadium deals, etc. Bob McNair has the Jerry Jones' to thank. The league looks to him for many of its problems. He assumed the Texas Stadium lease while other owners "borrowed" the stadiums for game time. They laughed at him for this and he then made a debt ridden franchise worth a billion. He took the stadium and rented it out for concerts, etc to bring in revenue and then made the deals no other owners had ever made with Pepsi, Nike and American Express. He made owning stadiums profitable and other owners jumped in. He was responsible for the stadium revenue you see today, that at the time helped pay for players and keep other players signed before the cap. Heck Jerry was one of the owners pushing to get a franchise back down here. There is alot more to a man than people see and what they automatically hate. McNair and Jones are friends so unless you don't trust your own owner then you are barking up the wrong tree:

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/stories/101506cptexanslede.375c214.html

Jones has also gained a friend and another big-market ally in NFL circles. Jones said McNair was "one of the top four to five owners" the moment he stepped into the league. He values McNair's integrity and commitment and took a boat trip with him this summer.

"He fires me up," Jones said.

"We're good friends," McNair said. "We work on a lot of things together that are league matters, and we're usually on the same side of the fence.

"As this has gone forward and we've gotten to know each other well, I'd say there is a high level of trust. We talk about a lot of things that are important to each of us and are helpful to each other."

Hardcore Texan
01-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Jones has also gained a friend and another big-market ally in NFL circles. Jones said McNair was "one of the top four to five owners" the moment he stepped into the league. He values McNair's integrity and commitment and took a boat trip with him this summer.

"We're good friends," McNair said. "We work on a lot of things together that are league matters, and we're usually on the same side of the fence.

"As this has gone forward and we've gotten to know each other well, I'd say there is a high level of trust. We talk about a lot of things that are important to each of us and are helpful to each other."

I did not know they were friends, that's interesting, thanks for sharing.

Wow, that's a lot of money in one room when those two get together.....I wonder if it is like those small business loan commercial by Capital One?

Double Barrel
01-25-2008, 11:03 AM
One of my best friends is a Texans fan...at least on the outside. But cut him, and he bleeds blue and silver.

I've never understood dual allegiances as a fan. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that I don't understand it.

We thought we 'cured' him of his mental illness. There was always an understanding about his devotion to the team, and as a good friend, we just accepted it for what it was. The early '90's brought out a certain arrogance in this normally humble guy, but growing up in H-town, I'm quite familiar with the temporary chest-puffing that Cowboys fans-who-never-lived-in-Dallas display. His story was growing up in El Paso, so it was understandable that he bandwagon the one Texas team with championship history.

Long story short, fast forward to the birth of the Texans, a time when Dallas was a bottom feeder. He embraced the Texans (although showing up for the first game with a Texans jersey and Cowboys hat was a serious chain yank), and has been a loyal fan ever since....

...well, until the Cowboys started winning again.

Now, he's torn. He wonít admit it, but we can see it. The Texans have six seasons of futility, no winning season, and the Cowboys are one of the better NFC teams. It's tearing him apart! He says he can handle it, but there are concerns he might be giving up his season ticket (especially with the logic that he's only attended two Cowboys games in Dallas his entire life). Bob McNair raising ticket prices hasnít helped, in spite of the fact that Jerrah has raised his prices like a million percent.

We mess with him about it...to a point. You always know when you're getting close to "the line" with a buddy. It's a point where your jokes are no longer being taken as humor, where the emotion of your team losing causes you to disengage your normal social skills and replaces it with a irrational devotion to your franchise. And for some reason, this illness is especially contagious with Cowboys fans. No other fanbase will get as emotional when their team is chuckled at. Maybe Yankees fan, but itís not a long list.

Dude is even hating on the Patriots, ONLY because he doesn't want any other team to have the same glory that the Cowboys have in their history (verbatim: "FIVE Super Bowl rings in NINE appearances. No other team comes close! yada yada blah blah blah" :listening ). Heck, that's a reason to ROOT FOR the Patriot in and of itself, to rattle the Cowboys and their fans off their little smug perch. I plan on messing with him at the Super Bowl for rooting for one of the Cowboys division rivals, a team he's always purported to hate, only because he doesn't want the Patriots to be seen in the same light of glory as the Cowboys (and he pointed out, even if the Pats win, they only have four rings. Go figure.)

Anyway, the point of my ramble is that our bud, as much as we love him dearly, is the classic example of Cowboys fan not-from-Dallas. Iíve got family members that are the same way. They say they are Texans fans, but are quick to defend the Cowboys with barbs about Texans history. This is akin to being with your wife but getting defensive about your ex-girlfriend. Itís hard to figure out, and I doubt Iíll ever truly understand. Not that I really want to, in all honesty.

Texan_Bill
01-25-2008, 11:15 AM
They say they are Texans fans, but are quick to defend the Cowboys with barbs about Texans history. This is akin to being with your wife but getting defensive about your ex-girlfriend. It’s hard to figure out, and I doubt I’ll ever truly understand. Not that I really want to, in all honesty.

Be sure to remind them that it took Dallas 6 seasons to have their first non-losing season too....

Year League Team Wins Losses Ties
1965 NFL Dallas Cowboys 7 7 0
1964 NFL Dallas Cowboys 5 8 1
1963 NFL Dallas Cowboys 4 10 0
1962 NFL Dallas Cowboys 5 8 1
1961 NFL Dallas Cowboys 4 9 1
1960 NFL Dallas Cowboys 0 11 1

Also remind them, the Texans have never had an O'fer season...

WWJD
01-25-2008, 11:15 AM
I've never lived in Houston and yet I like the Texans.

I've lived in Dallas and have followed the Cowboys for years and that's not going to change.

I'm a fan of both teams.

I guess I've been "fan" profiled. I am smart for liking the Texans but I must be an ***** because I like the Cowboys as well. Go figure.

michaelm
01-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I am smart for liking the Texans but I must be an ***** because I like the Cowboys as well. Go figure.

Seems like you've got it in the right perspective... J/K

Double Barrel
01-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I've never lived in Houston and yet I like the Texans.

I've lived in Dallas and have followed the Cowboys for years and that's not going to change.

I'm a fan of both teams.

I guess I've been "fan" profiled. I am smart for liking the Texans but I must be an ***** because I like the Cowboys as well. Go figure.

You are the exception to the rule, my friend. You actually bring the curve up for the rest of your brethren. :shades:

michaelm
01-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Be sure to remind them that it took Dallas 6 seasons to have their first non-losing season too....

Also remind them, the Texans have never had an O'fer season...

funny, I busted that out on my cowgirl friends just yesterday. I'm not statistician, but I think both franchises were roughly .333 in their first six yeas. Someone who didn't sleep through math class confirm that?

bah007
01-25-2008, 11:20 AM
You are the exception to the rule, my friend. You actually bring the curve up for the rest of your brethren. :shades:

Ok I think I get it now.

It's okay to like the Texans even if you dont live in Houston.

But you can only like the Cowboys if you lived in DFW or else you are just a bandwagon fan.

I cant believe it has been that simple this whole time.

HoustonFrog
01-25-2008, 11:20 AM
One of my best friends is a Texans fan...at least on the outside. But cut him, and he bleeds blue and silver.

I've never understood dual allegiances as a fan. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that I don't understand it.

Agree in part. My allegiance is to my hometown team and my true love. I enjoy the Texans and will root for them. Just like I did the Oilers as a kid when I thought they were an awesome "AFC" team. But as I said, I'm not crushed with Texans defeats and up until the past years really kind of laughed at the losses because I wanted Carr gone so I could enjoy them. As I said though, I've never sat here and busted out Cowboy smack on people. In fact up until this week I really never talked Cowboys all to much. I like to talk history or football about them but have no notions of recent gradeur. I like to pride myself on well thought out posts concerning the things said though..such as the Jerry thing above. Some people might like to know. Its just like as an 8 year old my older brother went to UT when Earl was around. I loved all things UT all my life. When I got to 18 and got into to TCU and UT I went TCU. It was hard to root against my own college but I kind of did if it was UT. Now I am more a TCU honk because I take a little more pride in it. Still a UT fan though.

michaelm
01-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Agree in part. My allegiance is to my hometown team and my true love. I enjoy the Texans and will root for them. Just like I did the Oilers as a kid when I thought they were an awesome "AFC" team. But as I said, I'm not crushed with Texans defeats and up until the past years really kind of laughed at the losses because I wanted Carr gone so I could enjoy them. As I said though, I've never sat here and busted out Cowboy smack on people. In fact up until this week I really never talked Cowboys all to much. I like to talk history or football about them but have no notions of recent gradeur.

Stop being so congenial. You'll only confuse us, and force us to reevaluate our notions about cowboy fans, and goddanggit, I can't tell you none of us want that!!!
I'm no Norman Einstein, but that's gotta have some kind of time/space continuum type consequences...
We're talking about fabric of the universe type stuff here, man!!!

Link: In case people think I'm a complete id10t:
http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Joe_Theismann/

WWJD
01-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Agree in part. My allegiance is to my hometown team and my true love. I enjoy the Texans and will root for them. Just like I did the Oilers as a kid when I thought they were an awesome "AFC" team. But as I said, I'm not crushed with Texans defeats and up until the past years really kind of laughed at the losses because I wanted Carr gone so I could enjoy them. As I said though, I've never sat here and busted out Cowboy smack on people. In fact up until this week I really never talked Cowboys all to much. I like to talk history or football about them but have no notions of recent gradeur. I like to pride myself on well thought out posts concerning the things said though..such as the Jerry thing above. Some people might like to know. Its just like as an 8 year old my older brother went to UT when Earl was around. I loved all things UT all my life. When I got to 18 and got into to TCU and UT I went TCU. It was hard to root against my own college but I kind of did if it was UT. Now I am more a TCU honk because I take a little more pride in it. Still a UT fan though.

Speaking of Earl he's doing a promotion thru his Texas City dealership where you can (I think I have this right) go to a party with him....it's SB related. I heard the commercial on 610. Sounds like fun. When that dealership opened I went because it's right by the church I work at. Earl was very hobbled and I felt very sorry for his physical condition but he is a great guy and did as much as he could that day. I hope he is doing better!

Texan_Bill
01-25-2008, 11:32 AM
funny, I busted that out on my cowgirl friends just yesterday. I'm not statistician, but I think both franchises were roughly .333 in their first six yeas. Someone who didn't sleep through math class confirm that?

25 53
Winning Percentage 32.00%

2007 NFL Houston Texans 8 8 0
2006 NFL Houston Texans 6 10 0
2005 NFL Houston Texans 2 14 0
2004 NFL Houston Texans 7 9 0
2003 NFL Houston Texans 5 11 0
2002 NFL Houston Texans 4 12 0
32 64
Winning Percentage 33.00%

Just sayin'............................

WWJD
01-25-2008, 11:33 AM

Thanks! I'll shoot you a PM soon to catch up with you.

HoustonFrog
01-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Stop being so congenial. You'll only confuse us, and force us to reevaluate our notions about cowboy fans, and goddanggit, I can't tell you none of us want that!!!
I'm no Norman Einstein, but that's gotta have some kind of time/space continuum type consequences...
We're talking about fabric of the universe type stuff here, man!!!

Link: In case people think I'm a complete id10t:
http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Joe_Theismann/

LOL..sorry!:)

Nevermind....forgot...:loser

Double Barrel
01-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Ok I think I get it now.

It's okay to like the Texans even if you dont live in Houston.

But you can only like the Cowboys if you lived in DFW or else you are just a bandwagon fan.

I cant believe it has been that simple this whole time.

I never said it's not o.k. to root for a team in a city you've never lived in. If I implied that, then that was not my intention.

Just be gracious about it, that's all. Like WWJD. She's a great ambassador for Cowboys fans. :)

Texans Chick mentioned Steelers fans. They are everywhere. But I've never felt a condescending attitude from them. Not to say it doesn't exist, but for the most part, it's a relative few. With Cowboys fans, it's an overwhelming majority in my experiences. And it sounds like I am not alone in these experiences.

HoustonFrog
01-25-2008, 12:06 PM
I never said it's not o.k. to root for a team in a city you've never lived in. If I implied that, then that was not my intention.

Just be gracious about it, that's all. Like WWJD. She's a great ambassador for Cowboys fans. :)Texans Chick mentioned Steelers fans.

They are everywhere. But I've never felt a condescending attitude from them. Not to say it doesn't exist, but for the most part, it's a relative few. With Cowboys fans, it's an overwhelming majority in my experiences. And it sounds like I am not alone in these experiences.

Yes she is. We have talked about it and she has the right attitude. Glad to see it and other fellow Cowboy fans with a good attitude.

WWJD
01-25-2008, 12:13 PM

Just be gracious about it, that's all. Like WWJD. She's a great ambassador for Cowboys fans. :)

Texans Chick mentioned Steelers fans. They are everywhere. But I've never felt a condescending attitude from them. Not to say it doesn't exist, but for the most part, it's a relative few. With Cowboys fans, it's an overwhelming majority in my experiences. And it sounds like I am not alone in these experiences.

Thanks DB. You explain things so wisely...I wish I had your gift for that.

I've always thought Steeler and Packers fans were the best "fans" if you will...they both travel well and their fans are passionate. Maybe Packer fans lead by a nose....they're everywhere.

WWJD
01-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Yes she is. We have talked about it and she has the right attitude. Glad to see it and other fellow Cowboy fans with a good attitude.

Thanks to you as well...:)

Texans_Chick
01-25-2008, 01:01 PM

No, I'm not saying that there aren't small pockets of good fans out there for the Cowboys. I'm am just saying the vast majority of Cowboy fans I run into are so arrogant, obnoxious and unpleasant to be around, that it is like the few well-mannered Cowboy fans do not exist. That the general view of your fanbase as a whole nationally is like that YouTube video.

You have to admit that the Cowboy fanbase as a whole is hard to stomach. That's the point I'm making. If you recognize that, then you can understand the general topic of this thread.

I have some good friends who are Cowboy fans. I can't stand to be around them during football season--some know that they are being asses and some don't realize how horrible they come across.

As for the statement in bold, there are a few teams in the league where really talented bad apples know that they can go to if they screw up. The Cowboys are one of those teams. I think that reflects on the character of your team. I'm not blaming you for rooting for the team you grew up with, despite the owner, because I know how that can be after years of Bud, but it is just what it is.

It's not just certain Texans fans that despise your team, what it stands for, and the way that your players and fanbase in general behaves. You can find that all over the country.

Notably, my evil nemesis that I fought was called "Annoying Cowboy Fan.*" As you are one of the rare Cowboy fans who isn't annoying, arrogant and braying, well then, I have no interested in smoting you and I wish you and those like you the best in everything except for happiness with your Cowboys.

*"Annoying Cowboy Fan" by the way, had one of the best outfits in evil nemesising out there. Basically, it is Cowboy boots, a Cowboys t-shirt stuffed into shorts, a big foam finger, gigantic Cowboy hat, star shaped sunglasses, and a gigantic diaper and pacifier. Must admit that I thought of that outfit when TO was crying about the media being hard on Tony because of their Mexican vacation. Somehow, I can't picture that happening during the Staubach years.

El Amigo Invisible
01-25-2008, 01:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9hxIQRcLIA&feature=related

Texan_Bill
01-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Dallas Cowboys suck ! Houston Texans vs Dallas Cowboys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZKjW1ampKE)

The Dallas Cowboys Suck! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4YzL-haXCg&feature=related)

Yankee_In_TX
01-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Seriously, they're the Cowboys. What more reason do you need? It's like asking why MLB fans hate the Yankees.

Second Honeymoon
01-25-2008, 02:17 PM
That's funny, HT!

My son always asks who to root for when we watch football every Sunday. Of course, my own likes and dislikes come out, so he knows "never root for the Cowboys, unless they play the Titans" (bless his heart! ;)).

Now, I didn't realize how literal he took it until a couple of weeks ago when his school had "rodeo day", and all the children got to dress up in their boots and hats and all that western style. When I walked him to his classroom, I asked why he didn't want to dress up. He looked at me with this very serious stare and said "daddy, I don't like cowboys, remember?!".

Man, that was a proud dad moment, and almost brought some water forth from the ol' ducts. :D

thats a nice story, db. kids do say the darndest things....it takes forever to be able to rep someone again or I would

Second Honeymoon
01-25-2008, 02:24 PM
There is nothing wrong with following two teams as long as they aren't rivals and its best if they are in different conferences. You can't be a Redskins fan AND a Cowboys fan, though. Texans and Cowboys fan? It depends on the fan. Some see a rivalry between the Texans and Pokes, some don't. Personally, I don't, but that is just me.

bah007
01-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Seriously, they're the Cowboys. What more reason do you need? It's like asking why MLB fans hate the Yankees.

I hate the Red Sox and Cubs A LOT MORE than I hate the Yankees.

Pantherstang84
01-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Please no more YouTube links. I'm trying to catch my breath from laughing so hard.

Oh yeah.

The Cowboys > Kirby Vacuum Cleaners

Brando
01-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Dallas Cowboys suck ! Houston Texans vs Dallas Cowboys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZKjW1ampKE)

The Dallas Cowboys Suck! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4YzL-haXCg&feature=related)

Just look at the comments after the youtube videos and look at the Dallas fans responses. That's all you need to know about why fans across the NFL hate the Cowboys, not just Texans fans.

Texans_Chick
02-01-2008, 02:11 PM
I was asked to do a write up about this:

Bring Out Your Hate: New England Patriots or Dallas Cowboys? (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/01/bring-out-your-hate-new-england-patriots-or-dallas-cowboys/)

The thesis: Though a lot of fans hate the Patriots, it's not like the loathing that a lot of fans have towards the Cowboys and their fanbase as a whole.

Blazing Arrow
02-01-2008, 02:44 PM

Bring Out Your Hate: New England Patriots or Dallas Cowboys? (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/01/bring-out-your-hate-new-england-patriots-or-dallas-cowboys/)

The thesis: Though a lot of fans hate the Patriots, it's not like the loathing that a lot of fans have towards the Cowboys and their fanbase as a whole.

You should hold off on that one until after Sundays game. I could imagine a NE win and the endless talk of perfection for DECADES to come.

Texan_Bill
02-01-2008, 02:54 PM
You should hold off on that one until after Sundays game. I could imagine a NE win and the endless talk of perfection for DECADES to come.

Can't be any worse than the last 35 years of listening to the 'bittermen' in Miami... .:gun:

Double Barrel
02-01-2008, 03:42 PM

I talk to folks all around the country in my line of work, and it amazes me how many people just hate the Cowboys. Lots of reasons, but the common theme is a strong dislike for 'America's team' (a name which hasn't helped their cause with the haters).

Texans_Chick
02-01-2008, 03:57 PM
I talk to folks all around the country in my line of work, and it amazes me how many people just hate the Cowboys. Lots of reasons, but the common theme is a strong dislike for 'America's team' (a name which hasn't helped their cause with the haters).

Yeah, I have to say that the first comment to the entry was pretty typical of that.

WesmanTexanfan
02-01-2008, 05:09 PM

I dont see any team ever passing up my hate for the cowboys.....

The cowboys are really the only "team" that i hate, the others are just their fans like Boston fans, Cubs fans, Jazz fans, Manchester United fans, Titans fans(though this varies, based on personality) But the cowboys fans are like lost kids and i cant bring myself to telling some of them how i feel do to possibly bringing their "world" to a hault....

CloakNNNdagger
02-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Double Barrel

Yeah, I have to say that the first comment to the entry was pretty typical of that.

************************************************** ************************************************** ****************

"America's Team"??????...............no time in history has a team, owner, and fans continued to thump their chests and live in the past and continued to received so much undeserved "credit" by "buying" the lime light.................for so little production........for so long.

I've often thought that Jerry should take his sorry ass along with his game and his team and his fans from the NFL to the WWE, where they would find more of their "equals" and an appropriately captive audience.

WesmanTexanfan
02-01-2008, 10:13 PM
************************************************** ************************************************** ****************

"America's Team"??????...............no time in history has a team, owner, and fans continued to thump their chests and live in the past and continued to received so much undeserved "credit" by "buying" the lime light.................for so little production........for so long.

I've often thought that Jerry should take his sorry ass along with his game and his team and his fans from the NFL to the WWE, where they would find more of their "equals" and an appropriately captive audience.

excelent point, I love that thought, its very true, Ive never thought of it like that, but so so true

WWJD
02-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I dont see any team ever passing up my hate for the cowboys.....

The cowboys are really the only "team" that i hate, the others are just their fans like Boston fans, Cubs fans, Jazz fans, Manchester United fans, Titans fans(though this varies, based on personality) But the cowboys fans are like lost kids and i cant bring myself to telling some of them how i feel do to possibly bringing their "world" to a hault....

I assure you sir I am not a lost kid and I really don't worry about anyone bringing my world to a "hault"...I presume you mean halt but that is beside the point.

It's AMAZING to me how many threads there are on "hating" the Cowboys...it's mind boggling really....people spend so much time trumpeting their "hate" that they in actuality give the Cowboys more limelight...if you "hate" something ignore it...don't use it...don't subscribe to it....the constant talking about it merely adds more publicity to the Cowboys.

HoustonFrog
02-02-2008, 11:21 AM

There is so much to respond to here. What do you want the Cowboys to do in order to have a reputation...win EVERY year. I've also laid out all Jerry has done for the league and how he helped get the Texans here and is friends with McNair...go back and read it. Its funny how alot of you complain but you sound like two but haters who really have nothing real to say. I mean to turn this around, what has a Houston team ever done to throw out so much hate?As far as history, I'll give you the last decade but they still have made the playoffs. They also have a 20 year streak of winning records that has never been matched and have been to 8 Super Bowls, winning 5. What else do you want in the history of the game?LOL

I assure you sir I am not a lost kid and I really don't worry about anyone bringing my world to a "hault"...I presume you mean halt but that is beside the point.

It's AMAZING to me how many threads there are on "hating" the Cowboys...it's mind boggling really....people spend so much time trumpeting their "hate" that they in actuality give the Cowboys more limelight...if you "hate" something ignore it...don't use it...don't subscribe to it....the constant talking about it merely adds more publicity to the Cowboys.

Well said and it has ben my point all along. I'm not getting the hatred for Cowboy fans when the fans here in this thread are making asses of themselves by some of their statments. This is one of 3-4 threads on Cowboy hate. It lends credence to the fact that they are America's Team, love them or hate them. As I said, they didn't give themselves the label, they just marketed it smartly. Considering they have one of the highest sell out streaks at opposing stadiums and are the #1 team in jersey sales this yer it seems to have been working for them.

WesmanTexanfan
02-02-2008, 11:24 AM

Ya, sure your not....:sarcasm:

WWJD
02-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Ya, sure your not....:sarcasm:

Ha! You are so wrong...I'm old enough to be your grandmother and I've been watching football for more years than you've been on the earth.

Seriously you're entitled to your opinion and that's well and good but it's amusing how you're just stuck in this "I hate the Cowboys" mode day in and day out.

WesmanTexanfan
02-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Ha! You are so wrong...I'm old enough to be your grandmother and I've been watching football for more years than you've been on the earth.

Seriously you're entitled to your opinion and that's well and good but it's amusing how you're just stuck in this "I hate the Cowboys" mode day in and day out.

always, I wake up slap on my Armor Of The lord, and my "I hate the cowboys" hat.....:pirate:

StarStruck
02-02-2008, 04:18 PM
WWJD/HoustonFrog
I don't know if you saw TO on Leno last night, but it was an interesting interview. He talked about his childhood---thanked his grandma for raising. Explained that get ya popcorn ready phrase dates back to when he was with the 49ers. He said Jerry is a great boss and things couldn't be better in Dallas. He wouldnt change anything except being in the Super Bowl. When asked for his prediciton, he said he doesn't have a big favorite since Dallas isn't playing in it, but he would like to see New England reach perfection, though.

He said he did Michael Jackson dance contests when he was little. Then Jay asked him to do the dance; he did the moonwalk---pretty funny. He was good, too, and said he could have done better if he had on different shoes.

Pretty good interview

WWJD
02-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Nope I missed it...I don't usually watch much TV particularly talk shows.

Thanks for the info.

CloakNNNdagger
02-03-2008, 01:21 AM
There is so much to respond to here. What do you want the Cowboys to do in order to have a reputation...win EVERY year. I've also laid out all Jerry has done for the league and how he helped get the Texans here and is friends with McNair...go back and read it. Its funny how alot of you complain but you sound like two but haters who really have nothing real to say. I mean to turn this around, what has a Houston team ever done to throw out so much hate?As far as history, I'll give you the last decade but they still have made the playoffs. They also have a 20 year streak of winning records that has never been matched and have been to 8 Super Bowls, winning 5. What else do you want in the history of the game?LOL

Those who were part of this board from day one will remember the detailed chronicles I put together of "Jerry's" team, the shenanigans, renegade marketing, Jerry's coverups for the criminal elements and on and on. If you noticed, I have chosen not to waste my time with multiple posts on this thread. Those like you will continued to ask the same questions........and those like me will be giving the same answers. I respect your feelings, but I will stick to mine........that the Cowboys since they've become Jerry's Boys have not merited the label of "America's team," and, furthermore, have brought the name down.
And please don't try to make Jerry "Houston's savior"............The Oilers would have never been allowed to leave Houston had Jerry not given his full support and stamp of approval. This was related by Bud himself and other sources during the "Tennesse transition."

As I leave the subject of "America's team," I look forward to dialoguing with you on the subject of OUR team, my only team..........the Texans. :toast2:

mancunian
02-03-2008, 08:01 AM
I'd agree with that and it was one if not the main reason I dislike the Cowboys - and I felt like that a good 10 years before the Texans came around.

HJam72
02-03-2008, 09:41 AM
The only place there's ever been an "America's team" was in the Olympics.

Well, then....I guess most people root for the Globe Trotters. :thinking:

HoustonFrog
02-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Those who were part of this board from day one will remember the detailed chronicles I put together of "Jerry's" team, the shenanigans, renegade marketing, Jerry's coverups for the criminal elements and on and on. If you noticed, I have chosen not to waste my time with multiple posts on this thread. Those like you will continued to ask the same questions........and those like me will be giving the same answers. I respect your feelings, but I will stick to mine........that the Cowboys since they've become Jerry's Boys have not merited the label of "America's team," and, furthermore, have brought the name down.
And please don't try to make Jerry "Houston's savior"............The Oilers would have never been allowed to leave Houston had Jerry not given his full support and stamp of approval. This was related by Bud himself and other sources during the "Tennesse transition."

As I leave the subject of "America's team," I look forward to dialoguing with you on the subject of OUR team, my only team..........the Texans. :toast2:

Renegade marketing?The guy made the NFL owners the money they make today by putting together deals with Nike, etc. How do you think McNair and others can pay for this stuff. Right now, you are just talking out your backside. I never said he was the savior but he helped. And Bud is the reason the Oilers left. Sorry for that. I'll repost what I put in another thread for you

4) I get semi-annoyed with the Jerry Jones thing. I get that he comes off as a villain of sorts. I understand that he screwed up with Jimmy Johnson and many say with the handling of Landry. But overall he is a good man and knows business and his team and pretty much revolutionized the league for all owners with his stadium deals, etc. Bob McNair has the Jerry Jones' to thank. The league looks to him for many of its problems. He assumed the Texas Stadium lease while other owners "borrowed" the stadiums for game time. They laughed at him for this and he then made a debt ridden franchise worth a billion. He took the stadium and rented it out for concerts, etc to bring in revenue and then made the deals no other owners had ever made with Pepsi, Nike and American Express. He made owning stadiums profitable and other owners jumped in. He was responsible for the stadium revenue you see today, that at the time helped pay for players and keep other players signed before the cap. Heck Jerry was one of the owners pushing to get a franchise back down here. There is alot more to a man than people see and what they automatically hate. McNair and Jones are friends so unless you don't trust your own owner then you are barking up the wrong tree:

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/...e.375c214.html

I know he hasn't been perfect as an owner but people seem to hate just to hate without looking at the league.

Also, as far as my fandome, I grew up with it but it isn't like I came her eto talk Cowboys. Hell, I don't even think people knew my background until I explained after a year or so. I'm not here to talk noise. But I do like to talk the nonsense when the threads turn into useless spouting.

WWJD
02-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Ah I'm ambivalent for the most part over Jerry....I've had very minimual contact with him and he was very nice so I appreciated that. So many in high profile jobs/celebrities are not nice.
He's not one of the most powerful owners though because he's sat on his hands. He is a doer. Now whether you like what he does is the question.....

And all the "America's Team" stuff was there before Jerry came. That started with Tex and Jerry didn't have anything to do with that.

The Landry situation was handled very poorly. Coach Landry got over it though. He had a tremendous run; a legendary run as coach and nobody can ever take that away from him.