PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLII: New England Patriots vs. New York Giants

Pages : [1] 2

GuerillaBlack
01-20-2008, 10:12 PM
From Glendale, Arizona.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/20/NFL-SB_2339.png

I really wanted it to be Packers-Patriots, but this doesn't look to be a very bad Super Bowl. I have the Patriots winning in a possible blowout, so this Super Bowl will be like what the Giants faced way back in 2001 against the Ravens.

My prediction: Patriots 31 - Giants 17

Khari
01-20-2008, 10:13 PM
go Patriots!

kastofsna
01-20-2008, 10:16 PM
hope the Giants win.

stingray
01-20-2008, 10:17 PM
From Glendale, Arizona.

http://www.fremontdie.com/images/NFL%20Products/SUPERBOWL-42-LOGO.gif

I really wanted it to be Packers-Patriots, but this doesn't look to be a very bad Super Bowl. I have the Patriots in a blowout, so this Super Bowl will be like what the Giants faced way back in 2001 against the Ravens.

It was a good game when they played last time about a month ago. It's not like the Pats are blowing everybody away in the playoffs.

WesmanTexanfan
01-20-2008, 10:19 PM
go Giants!!!!

StarStruck
01-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Congrats to the G-Men. Good luck in the Super Bowl

GuerillaBlack
01-20-2008, 10:29 PM
If the Giants win, would it be the first time in NFL history, that two brothers (that are NFL QB starters), won a Super Bowl back to back?

toronto
01-20-2008, 10:49 PM
As I said on another board, I truly believe in karma. The Giants decided that playing hard in week 17 and stopping history was important, and ended up giving the best team in football a really tough game.

Now look at 'em. They deserve it, even if Coughlin is one of the most miserable human beings I've ever seen coach a football team. He did an awesome job throwing his own kicker under a bus by berating him for having the audacity to miss a FG, then expect him under even more pressure to shrug it off.

stingray
01-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Coughlin is one of the most miserable human beings I've ever seen coach a football team.

Don't forget about the other coach in the Super Bowl. I think he wins that contest.

Showtime100
01-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Now for the next two weeks we are going to be up to our necks in Boston vs New York playoff/championship BS from all sports. YESPN will make sure of it.

Bill Bucknor, get your hardhat on, you are going to need it.

GuerillaBlack
01-20-2008, 11:30 PM
What's YESPN?

Hookem Horns
01-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Man, that game just about caused me a nervous breakdown. I was at a bar in Austin surrounded by a bunch of Packer fans and disgruntled Cowboys fans rooting against the Giants. When Tynes missed that 30 something yarder I thought it was over. I am still in shock that the Giants are in the Super Bowl. 5 weeks ago when they lost to the Skins and Shockey went down I thought the season was over. All I wanted was a rematch with Dallas and a chance to take them out of the playoffs. I was not expecting a trip to the Bowl. They may get killed against the Pats however they have shown some serious nads in this postseason. Hate on Eli all you want but he has been money on the road and hasn't let the pressure or the crowd noise affect him.

Showtime100
01-20-2008, 11:43 PM
What's YESPN?

It's my name for ESPN. The YES Network stands for Yankees Exclusive Sports or something to that effect. Since ESPN doe's care for the rest of the country, that's my little name for them.

Speedy
01-21-2008, 12:29 AM
I'll take;

Patriots 19
Giants 0

eriadoc
01-21-2008, 12:57 AM
Hate on Eli all you want but he has been money on the road and hasn't let the pressure or the crowd noise affect him.

Manning is coming into his own. He posted decent numbers in 2005 and 2006, but they were all int he first half, and as he faded down the stretch, his team did. Now, he's playing solidly when it's needed most. I find myself pulling for him, despite the fact that he's a Manning.

I like the matchup. I said after the Pats-Giants game in the final week that the Giants could beat anyone, and they almost have. Time for the final round against NE.

PapaL
01-21-2008, 05:58 AM
Eli is maturing right before our eyes. It all really started in the last week of the season vs NE.

Gotta pull for the underdog all the way; Go Giants!

I think NYG have already shown that they can hang with NE. They were a little banged up going into that last game so hopefully their secondary gets healed up in the next two weeks and Plaxico (who totally owned GB) gets closer to 100%.

nunusguy
01-21-2008, 07:48 AM
All you Packers & Cowboys fans need to understand one thing: the Giants are
the best team in their conference right now and are the most deserving representative from the NFC to play in the SB in 2 weeks. They won on your fields in the most stressful and most challenging of circumstances.
Now for this season your teams are just as irrelavant as all the other 28 teams in the NFL not going to the SB and the next season is concerned: your 2007 season is over and you are 0-0 in the standings for your current season. Good luck to all in 2008 !

SheTexan
01-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Go Giants!!!!!!

toronto
01-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Wow, I completely forgot that the G-men have done this without Shockey. That makes me respect their accomplishment even more.

HoustonFrog
01-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Predictions

New England romps. They have gone to the running game and haven't been as formiddable in the cold. But when they played in pass happy weather the beginning of the year it was ugly. Warm weather Super Bowl equals alot of passing.

Eli has a bunch of stinkers next season and people start asking what happened after the end of this year. Guarantee it. Mark it down.

Great run by the G-Men though. Props to going on the road and doing what they did

Double Barrel
01-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Go Patriots - the true America's team! :patriot

Khari
01-21-2008, 10:52 AM
eli in the superbowl makes me ill.......go pats

:thinking:

Kaiser Toro
01-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Patriots in a wipe out. Nice run by the Giants though.

HoustonFrog
01-21-2008, 11:28 AM
All you Packers & Cowboys fans need to understand one thing: the Giants are
the best team in their conference right now and are the most deserving representative from the NFC to play in the SB in 2 weeks. They won on your fields in the most stressful and most challenging of circumstances.
Now for this season your teams are just as irrelavant as all the other 28 teams in the NFL not going to the SB and the next season is concerned: your 2007 season is over and you are 0-0 in the standings for your current season. Good luck to all in 2008 !

I've given them props. Great run. Disagree with the bolded part but I find relevance in every season.

Hookem Horns
01-21-2008, 01:05 PM
I've given them props. Great run. Disagree with the bolded part but I find relevance in every season.

What's to disagree with that? The Giants made TO and company choke on their popcorn in their own building. TO was crying like the punk he is afterwards along with so many of their whiney, excuse laden fans. They go into Green Bay and shut down Bret Favre when the game is on the line, a guy who is known for late game heroics. They end up winning despite 2 missed FGs and that Burress dropped pass within the 5 yard line at the end of the 1st half which resulted in zero points. These guys have won an NFL record 10 straight road games. How are they not the best team in the NFC right now? Who's better? If you dare to say Dallas then I'll have some popcorn and Kleenex ready for you.

http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif http://forum.rexannes.com/images/smilies/BooHooSmiley.gif

Texan_Bill
01-21-2008, 01:10 PM
I give all the props in the world to the Giants. That's four straight games they have looked pretty darn good.

They played the Patriots tough (even though the result was a loss)
Handled 'their business' against Tampa
Smacked Dallas
Shut Favre down.

They made a run at the right time of the year and did what they needed to do to get to the big dance...

HoustonFrog
01-21-2008, 01:11 PM
What's to disagree with that? The Giants made TO and company choke on their popcorn in their own building. TO was crying like the punk he is afterwards along with so many of their whiney, excuse laden fans. They go into Green Bay and shut down Bret Favre when the game is on the line, a guy who is known for late game heroics. They end up winning despite 2 missed FGs and that Burress dropped pass within the 5 yard line at the end of the 1st half which resulted in zero points. These guys have won an NFL record 10 straight road games. How are they not the best team in the NFC right now? Who's better? If you dare to say Dallas then I'll have some popcorn and Kleenex ready for you.

http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif http://forum.rexannes.com/images/smilies/BooHooSmiley.gif

You could have saved the rant. I didn't disagree that they weren't the best team in the NFC and I gave them props. What else do I have to say?They ran the table in 3 away games. That's great. I disagree with saying that it makes 28 other teams irrelevant. To me that is the loser excuse of "we are in the same place as everyone else if we finished 4-12 and a team lost like the Packers or Chargers." True in a way but the season is still relevant in what you have to build on. Again, you went off for no reason and I had the bolded part I was responding to. Try decaf :)

nunusguy
01-21-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm just saying every team lacks relavance for the 2007 season at this point except for the ones in the SB game, the Pats & Giants.

And all the rest of us are starting at scratch again right now at 0-0.

kastofsna
01-21-2008, 01:26 PM
if you're a true fan of the game you're not going to just dismiss the season as irrelevant because you don't make it to the Super Bowl. lots of great games throughout the year, lots of great moments, lots to talk about throughout the season, lots of time wasted on this board and other boards and on sports talk radio....pretty foolish just to dismiss all of that as "irrelevant."

Hookem Horns
01-21-2008, 01:35 PM
You could have saved the rant. I didn't disagree that they weren't the best team in the NFC and I gave them props. What else do I have to say?They ran the table in 3 away games. That's great. I disagree with saying that it makes 28 other teams irrelevant. To me that is the loser excuse of "we are in the same place as everyone else if we finished 4-12 and a team lost like the Packers or Chargers." True in a way but the season is still relevant in what you have to build on. Again, you went off for no reason and I had the bolded part I was responding to. Try decaf :)

I apologize if I misinterpreted your post. I had BS heaped on me in loads lastnight by disgruntled Cowboys fans during the game so I might be a little sensitive right now.

disaacks3
01-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Man, that game just about caused me a nervous breakdown. I was at a bar in Austin surrounded by a bunch of Packer fans and disgruntled Cowboys fans rooting against the Giants. When Tynes missed that 30 something yarder I thought it was over. I am still in shock that the Giants are in the Super Bowl. 5 weeks ago when they lost to the Skins and Shockey went down I thought the season was over. All I wanted was a rematch with Dallas and a chance to take them out of the playoffs. I was not expecting a trip to the Bowl. They may get killed against the Pats however they have shown some serious nads in this postseason. Hate on Eli all you want but he has been money on the road and hasn't let the pressure or the crowd noise affect him.

I truly think the two are related in a significant way. Losing the force / personality that is Shockey (especially in the huddle) has forced Eli into becoming a leader or failing. It looks like it forced him to step up (or grow up) and become the guy the Giants thought they were getting from Day 1.

Second Honeymoon
01-21-2008, 01:50 PM
A Boston v. New York SuperBowl makes me cry. Like we don't hear about these city's teams enough as is. We are never going to hear the end of this regardless of which team wins.

The Pats win. National media never lets us forget it.
The Giants win. National media never lets us forget it.

It's just a shame that such a historic Super Bowl is basically New York v Boston. I would have much rather preferred to have Favre and the Pack over the GMen. Favre just didn't get it done....props to the Giants and especially Eli and Plax because they dominated that game. Winning 3 road games in a row is impressive even in the regular season, much less the postseason...and Coughlin opting to kick the 47 yard field goal in OT was a ballsy move in those conditions and with his kickers prior screwups.

new york v boston superbowls make me puke
oh and this only means a whole new slew of Manning commercials with 2 times the Manning power

Mr teX
01-21-2008, 01:53 PM
So when does the official "Belichick & Brady own the manning family" thread get started, now or after the superbowl?

Seriously, i despise the patriots only b/c Simms & Esiason take turns gargling brady's man sack every week, but the reality of it is, The patriots beating the Giants in this year's superbowl is just about as sure as death & taxes.
Belichick just won't let that happen

I'll be rooting for Eli & the G-men but i can't see them winning.

axman40
01-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Eli's coming! Patriots better "Walk Walk"!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAnVaGv9d2s
Dance Chicas!
:cowboy1:

Second Honeymoon
01-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I truly think the two are related in a significant way. Losing the force / personality that is Shockey (especially in the huddle) has forced Eli into becoming a leader or failing. It looks like it forced him to step up (or grow up) and become the guy the Giants thought they were getting from Day 1.

Great point. A friend and I were talking about that yesterday. It seemed that they started playing good football once Shockey went down. Shockey may be a little overhyped but he is still a good football player. That didn't make sense but maybe it did just what you claim, and forced Eli to step up and be more of a vocal leader going into the playoffs.

HoustonFrog
01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I apologize if I misinterpreted your post. I had BS heaped on me in loads lastnight by disgruntled Cowboys fans during the game so I might be a little sensitive right now.

No problem, I figured. As a Cowboy fan myself I've learned that scoreboard always has it and that you gusy got hot at the right time and are playing some great ball. I was nervous after the TB game and openly rooted for TB because I thought we might lose. If you go on the road for 3 weeks and win, your team is kicking tail. Enjoy it.

QUOTE=nunusguy;828510]I'm just saying every team lacks relavance for the 2007 season at this point except for the ones in the SB game, the Pats & Giants.

And all the rest of us are starting at scratch again right now at 0-0.[/QUOTE]

I got ya. Considering the SB runner up has always followed with a stinker in the next year they might have a disadvantage though:)

Mr teX
01-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Great point. A friend and I were talking about that yesterday. It seemed that they started playing good football once Shockey went down. Shockey may be a little overhyped but he is still a good football player. That didn't make sense but maybe it did just what you claim, and forced Eli to step up and be more of a vocal leader going into the playoffs.

Eli's never been that bad as long as he has protection.

When shockey was healthy i think they felt obligated to use him in the passing game, this left Eli vulnerable alot too, so teams would blitz like all hell to get him uncomfortable.

He's been getting protection these last couple of weeks in part b/c the TE's they have outside of shockey don't have his skill set so they just keep them in as an extra blocker most times.

the emergence of a run game has helped him alot too.

Second Honeymoon
01-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Eli's never been that bad as long as he has protection.

When shockey was healthy i think they felt obligated to use him in the passing game, this left Eli vulnerable alot too, so teams would blitz like all hell to get him uncomfortable.

He's been getting protection these last couple of weeks in part b/c the TE's they have outside of shockey don't have his skill set so they just keep them in as an extra blocker.

yeah its crazy. gilbride is the OC in the Super Bowl. He lived 35-3. He had a hand in it too. But now he lives the dream. never liked the guy's system but he has stayed employed for a long time and that isn't easy in today's league.

Hookem Horns
01-21-2008, 02:34 PM

I agree with this 100%. Boss is a better blocker and can also make clutch catches. As much as I like Shockey at this point I am wondering if he still has a place on the team. He is extremely talented and one tough son of a gun, however his emotional outbursts on and off the field can be very disrupting. It might be coincidence however the Giants started playing better as a team when he went out.

Goldensilence
01-21-2008, 03:16 PM

I think theres a lot in that. Part of it has been Plax not disapearing in Big games like he's been prone to in the past. He really put it on Al Harris last night. Overall the team stepped up big and can pressure the opposing QB well.

I think this Pats team will be well motivated to finish off strong. Not a big fan of either team really but I'll watch the game and hope the Giants at least make it close.

Wolf
01-21-2008, 03:30 PM
he Patriots are favored by 13 to 14 points against the New York Giants (13-6) at Las Vegas sports books, a higher-than-normal spread to entice underdog bettors on the biggest booked game of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
"The Patriots are still considered by far the best team in the league," said Jay Kornegay, sports book director at the Las Vegas Hilton. "We obviously make that line to get equal action on both sides. To do that, because of the perception of the Patriots, we have to increase their number more than usual."

Bets were flowing in on the Patriots early in the season as they destroyed opponents and the spread, but the team has won by a margin that was larger than the spread only once in its last eight games, said Chuck Esposito, Caesars Palace's assistant vice president of race and sports book operations.

"A game of this magnitude, historically you'll see some money on the favorite," said Esposito, who put the Patriots as 14-point favorites. "I think that's one of the reasons that the number might be a little bit high."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-superbowl-odds&prov=ap&type=lgns

BigBull17
01-21-2008, 09:25 PM
These next two weeks will make me physically ill. I couldnt imagine a worse thing to happen. The only way it could be worse is Colts/ Giants

GuerillaBlack
01-21-2008, 09:52 PM
These next two weeks will make me physically ill. I couldnt imagine a worse thing to happen. The only way it could be worse is Colts/ Giants
Is it that bad?

Wolf
01-22-2008, 12:26 AM
geeze everyone jumping in on the mask thing.. they should know it won't work on Brady

http://q1043.com/pages/onair/morningshow.html?gclid=CNWg__-MiZECFRuhFQodsVWjGg

Q104.3 is all about psyching out Brady for the Super Bowl, and we've created this Bridget mask to help you guys do it! Download it, print it out on a color printer, cut it up, paste it to a stick and voila! Carry it with you around the city, take it with you to the big game -- don't let any opportunity to psyche Brady out pass!

Hookem Horns
01-22-2008, 01:13 AM
These next two weeks will make me physically ill. I couldnt imagine a worse thing to happen.

Ummm, Titans vs Cowboys would be the worst thing that could have happened. Just imagine 2 weeks of TO, VY, Romo, Bud, and Jerry. I am getting nauseated just thinking about it considering I would have to root for the Cowboys.

austintexanite
01-22-2008, 01:24 PM
I'll take the Giants in a close game. It would be a great upset, and I hope it happens, but odds are the Patriots will win.

Texan_Bill
01-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Ummm, Titans vs Cowboys would be the worst thing that could have happened. Just imagine 2 weeks of TO, VY, Romo, Bud, and Jerry. I am getting nauseated just thinking about it considering I would have to root for the Cowboys.

Ummmm, you forgot Jessica Simpson...........

76Texan
01-22-2008, 04:35 PM

The Giants have really played well of late. They got the momentum, and the stars have been aligning.

That said, I think the Pats will still cover the spread, 56-0 to 42-14.:wild:

It's not often I get to mess with Hookem! http://texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

SheTexan
01-22-2008, 05:51 PM

Beat me to it Hookum! I can't think of a worst nightmare for a SB. I wouldn't root for either team if that happened. I'd just take a nice long cruise, go overseas for a month or so, blow my TV up, turn off the radio, stick my head in the dirt, take lots of phenergan and stomach meds, stay drunk for about six months, and curse the football gawds for ever allowing something so horrible to happen to the game of football!!!

Texan_Bill
01-22-2008, 05:53 PM

Beat me to it Hookum! I can't think of a worst nightmare for a SB. I wouldn't root for either team if that happened. I'd just take a nice long cruise, go overseas for a month or so, blow my TV up, turn off the radio, stick my head in the dirt, take lots of phenergan and stomach meds, stay drunk for about six months, and curse the football gawds for ever allowing something so horrible to happen to the game of football!!!

Cowboys v. Titans....???? Well, I would just have to check-out... :gun:

Double Barrel
01-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Cowboys v. Titans

I...think...I'm....gonna'...be.... http://www.creedfeed.com/community/images/smilies/custom/vomit.gif

Speedy
01-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Just a few things for the Super Bowl you might know already, or if you don't, you do now.

Patriots are favored by 14 (open), already down to 11˝ as of 1/23/08.
O/U is 53˝.
The SB favorite is 23-16-2 ATS and 30-11 straight up.
The favorite has won the last 4 SB's straight up and 7 of the last 9.

Including playoffs, the Patriots are 10-8 ATS. They were 8-0 ATS in their first 8 games and are 2-8 since, including 0-5 in their last 5, but remember, they still won every single game.

Including playoffs, the Giants are 13-6 ATS. 8-2 in their last 10, and 5-0 in their last 5.

Assuming the roof is closed at University of Phoenix Stadium, there have been 12 previous Super Bowls played indoors. The NFC representitive is 8-4, however, the AFC team has won the last 3 indoor SB's. The Giants are 9-1 in their last 10 games indoors. The Patriots are 9-0 in their last 9 under a roof.

The Patriots are 8-1 in their last 9 games against NFC East opponents, including a Super Bowl win over Philadelphia and 2-0 against the Giants.
The Giants are 4-4 in their last 8 against the AFC East (0-2 vs. NE)

This is the 12th time the Super Bowl participants have met during the regular season. The Pats and Giants met in week 17 with NE winning 38-35.
In the previous 11 times, the team that won the regular season matchup is 5-6 in the Super Bowl rematch.
The Patriots are 24-7 since 2001 against teams they've faced a 2nd or 3rd time in the same season.

The NFC holds a 21-20 edge in the SB, but the AFC has won 8 of the last 10.
The team that wins the coin toss is 19-22 in the SB.
The team that wins the coin toss has lost 4 straight SB's, and 9 of the last 11.
The Patriots lost the coin toss in all 3 of their SB victories.

The Patriots have 20 players with SB experience, the Giants have 3.

Oldest individual SB record: Highest yards per carry - 10.5, Tom Matte, Baltimore Colts, SB III.

There has never been a punt return for a TD in Super Bowl history.

kastofsna
01-23-2008, 09:33 PM
has anyone else realized how much this year's super bowl reminds me of the '86 Super Bowl? the almighty Bears vs. the road warrior Patriots team that beat a few division champs to get to the big game. hope the outcome is a bit better.

WesmanTexanfan
01-23-2008, 09:47 PM

It hurts to even think of:elle:

drewmar74
01-23-2008, 11:43 PM
It hurts to even think of:elle:

QFT

swisher
01-24-2008, 12:04 AM
Just a few things for the Super Bowl you might know already, or if you don't, you do now.

Patriots are favored by 14 (open), already down to 11˝ as of 1/23/08.
O/U is 53˝.
The SB favorite is 23-16-2 ATS and 30-11 straight up.
The favorite has won the last 4 SB's straight up and 7 of the last 9.

Including playoffs, the Patriots are 10-8 ATS. They were 8-0 ATS in their first 8 games and are 2-8 since, including 0-5 in their last 5, but remember, they still won every single game.

Including playoffs, the Giants are 13-6 ATS. 8-2 in their last 10, and 5-0 in their last 5.

Assuming the roof is closed at University of Phoenix Stadium, there have been 12 previous Super Bowls played indoors. The NFC representitive is 8-4, however, the AFC team has won the last 3 indoor SB's. The Giants are 9-1 in their last 10 games indoors. The Patriots are 9-0 in their last 9 under a roof.

The Patriots are 8-1 in their last 9 games against NFC East opponents, including a Super Bowl win over Philadelphia and 2-0 against the Giants.
The Giants are 4-4 in their last 8 against the AFC East (0-2 vs. NE)

This is the 12th time the Super Bowl participants have met during the regular season. The Pats and Giants met in week 17 with NE winning 38-35.
In the previous 11 times, the team that won the regular season matchup is 5-6 in the Super Bowl rematch.
The Patriots are 24-7 since 2001 against teams they've faced a 2nd or 3rd time in the same season.

The NFC holds a 21-20 edge in the SB, but the AFC has won 8 of the last 10.
The team that wins the coin toss is 19-22 in the SB.
The team that wins the coin toss has lost 4 straight SB's, and 9 of the last 11.
The Patriots lost the coin toss in all 3 of their SB victories.

Oldest individual SB record: Highest yards per carry - 10.5, Tom Matte, Baltimore Colts, SB III.

There has never been a punt return for a TD in Super Bowl history.

The NFC has won the coin toss 10 years in a row. I wonder what the odds are on that?

There has never been an overtime game in Super Bowl history.

Double Barrel
01-24-2008, 10:55 AM

That could make a lot of difference in the long run.

Can you believe Jabar Gaffney is going to play in the Super Bowl?! :thumbup

Texan_Bill
01-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Can you believe Jabar Gaffney is going to play in the Super Bowl?! :thumbup

But the guy isn't very fast.

He can't 'separate' from the defender, and he runs poor routes.... :pirate:

santo
01-24-2008, 11:54 AM

When David Carr is quarterback...:thinking:

Mr teX
01-24-2008, 12:23 PM

Relax fellas, i think that everyone knew he was better than he had an opportunity to show here, but he's like brady's 4th option & let's not make him out to be better than he is just b/c he's going to the bowl.

I happy for him but remember,
They tried to run with him last year as a #2 & the pats still figured they needed to get WR's in FA so that kind of tells you their thinking about dude. Oh yeah, there's that brady guy too.

Double Barrel
01-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Nobody is nominating him for the HoF or even Pro Bowl. I'm just happy for a player drafted as a Texan. I would have felt the same for Morency if the Packers had made it, too.

Texan_Bill
01-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Nobody is nominating him for the HoF or even Pro Bowl. I'm just happy for a player drafted as a Texan. I would have felt the same for Morency if the Packers had made it, too.

I'm happy for the guy too and agree that he isn't exactly being nominated for Canton...

I was just being facetious because so many people ripped the guy apart whenever he was a Texan..

jerek
01-30-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm having a hard time being excited about this year's game. All of the media coverage is centered around statements like "will the Giants be able to ..."

Questions to which I always answer to myself:

No. They won't.

I will watch the Super Bowl--for tradition, for nostalgia, for the food and friends--but I can't imagine this game is even close. Even remembering that several teams I did not expect to do well played the Patriots close this year, so I am hoping to see the Giants really force the action. I know they are underrated, but they are not within a mile of the Pats on paper.

swtbound07
01-30-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm having a hard time being excited about this year's game. All of the media coverage is centered around statements like "will the Giants be able to ..."

Questions to which I always answer to myself:

No. They won't.

I will watch the Super Bowl--for tradition, for nostalgia, for the food and friends--but I can't imagine this game is even close. Even remembering that several teams I did not expect to do well played the Patriots close this year, so I am hoping to see the Giants really force the action. I know they are underrated, but they are not within a mile of the Pats on paper.

I don't think the pats can win this game. Sitting for 2 weeks basically being annointed.....i don't think they can overcome this ego trip that espn has been putting on. It happened to USC, and it will happen to New England...look for them to come out flat and unprepared.

HOU-TEX
01-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Personally, I'm getting tired of it already. I can't even watch NFLN lately due to all the coverage of the SB. I wish we could just get to Sunday evening, watch the game and be done with it.

I could care less who wins really, I just want a good game.

Then we can move on to things concerning the Texans like cuts, combine, free agency, draft, etc.

:texflag:

HoustonFrog
01-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Is anyone else like me and they almost forget about the game with 2 weeks off?It happened with Bowl games this year. I forgot completely about the NC game and didn't care. There are some great things like the Pats being 18-0 but after last week I'm in off-season mode. the coverage seems dated almost.

threetoedpete
02-02-2008, 02:19 AM
I don't think the pats can win this game. Sitting for 2 weeks basically being annointed.....i don't think they can overcome this ego trip that espn has been putting on. It happened to USC, and it will happen to New England...look for them to come out flat and unprepared.

I see the game as another Washington vs Denver matchup...remember the Doug Williams game ? Denver came in with a prety fair defense. The first quarter was a wash. Then Denver lost one safty starter...then they lost the second during the second quarter....then it was bombs away.

New England 44 ..................New York Football Giants 14.

Super Bowl XXII

http://www.superbowlhistory.net/superbowl/1980s.php

Super Bowl 22, played on January 31st, 1988 at Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego, California, saw Joe Gibbs' Washington Redskins maim Reeves' Denver Broncos 42-10. John Elway threw a 56 yard touchdown to Ricky Nattiel and Rich Karlis' field goal put the Broncos up 10-0. It was false hope for Denver as the Redskins ran off 42 unanswered points to win Super Bowl Twenty-Two. MVP Doug William's had a record tying 4 touchdowns to Ricky Sanders (2), Clint Didier (1), and Gary Clark (1).Two records fell as Sanders had 193 yards receiving and rookie runner Timmy Smith rushed for 204 yards. Led by Barry Wilburn and Alvin Walton the Redskins held Denver scoreless for the last three quarters

Txn_in_FL
02-02-2008, 02:29 AM
This will possibly be the first and last time I ever root for a New York team. Call me a hater but I want the Pats to lose this one. Nothing turns me off like the hype machine. I haven't seen ESPN in a week and I dont plan to until this is all over.

kastofsna
02-02-2008, 02:34 AM
haven't watched any coverage at all, and i may not be around to watch the game.

Txn_in_FL
02-02-2008, 02:41 AM
haven't watched any coverage at all, and i may not be around to watch the game.

Might just watch for the comercials.

TexanSam
02-02-2008, 02:51 AM
I can't wait to see the Salaam/Pitts ad!

axman40
02-03-2008, 01:36 PM
New England for the prefect season, 34-17!
:cowboy1:

drewmar74
02-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Giants in a nail biter. 23-20.

Ryan
02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Pats 49
Giants 33

TEXANS84
02-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Puppy bowl is pretty intense right now!

Specnatz
02-03-2008, 03:12 PM

Is that on the playboy channel? :specnatz:

kiwitexansfan
02-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Patriots 56 - Giants 10

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Just came back from Walmart :). Stocked up on some food and bought a big Super Bowl XLII cake. Party at my house.

Hutch13
02-03-2008, 03:47 PM
31-24 Patriots win.

SheTexan
02-03-2008, 04:06 PM

I've actually been watching that! FUNNY! Beats all the redundant crap about the Pats.:deadhorse I've had about all I can take of Terry Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson, and the game hasn't even started yet!

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I wonder how much an ad in the puppy bowl costs per minute.

WesmanTexanfan
02-03-2008, 04:23 PM
If Justice is so, the Giants will win, and the cheaters will lose....

Giant Tiger
02-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Manning is coming into his own. He posted decent numbers in 2005 and 2006, but they were all int he first half, and as he faded down the stretch, his team did. Now, he's playing solidly when it's needed most. I find myself pulling for him, despite the fact that he's a Manning.

I like the matchup. I said after the Pats-Giants game in the final week that the Giants could beat anyone, and they almost have. Time for the final round against NE.

I agree. The Giants are very underrated. I'm expecting a close game, with the Giants winning 26-24. :fight:

Khari
02-03-2008, 04:55 PM
can't they just play the game and forget the halftime show and pregame crap :thinking:

aj.
02-03-2008, 05:20 PM
When I saw the red carpet Ryan Seacrest thing on Fox, I turned it off. That represents everything that's wrong with the SB to me. There's nothing I need to see/hear for the 100 millionth time about this game, especially from the hollywood phonies so I'll turn it back to Fox about 15 minutes before gametime. In the meantime, NFLN isn't bad. I like listening to Adam Schefter, Jamie Dukes, and most of that crew. Baldinger, Wilcotts, and Dukes are actually talking football (gameplanning stuff, reviewing inactive lists etc.) as I write this an hour and ten minutes before gametime.

Spoke too soon.....Travolta getting interviewed by the NFLN chick telling us all he's sitting in the owner's box. My day is complete now that I know that.....

Looks like a no-compete clause. It's 4:30 and NFLN just switched to irrelevant programming.

JayCee
02-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Go Giants. Can't wait - had to take the day off work to watch this live! (since it's monday here).

Brando
02-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Go Patriots! I'm ready for gametime!

PapaL
02-03-2008, 06:11 PM
can't they just play the game and forget the halftime show and pregame crap :thinking:

Then what we do with those extra 18 hours of the day?

Your right - every year the stupid hoopla gets longer and longer.

NYG 28-21

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 06:12 PM

I'll second that motion.

Maddict5
02-03-2008, 06:20 PM
id love to see the 4-3 team with the heavy investment and emphasis on d-line pressure win :)... for our own peace of mind obviously

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm now ready for some football. The National Anthem helped spark the mood. Good job, Jordan!

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm now ready for some football. The National Anthem helped spark the mood. Good job, Jordan!

I wonder if she made the over/under on the bet on how long the anthem would last.

awtysst
02-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Bad decision. You need tds against the Pats. Ask SD where fgs get you.

kiwitexansfan
02-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Long clock killing drives.... the underdogs friend.

awtysst
02-03-2008, 06:59 PM

except when all you get is 3 points. The Pats will get a td right here and go up 7-3.

awtysst
02-03-2008, 07:03 PM

except when all you get is 3 points. The Pats will get a td right here and go up 7-3.

And there it is.

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2008, 07:03 PM
TD Patriots!

Haha, did anyone see that commercial making fun of TO?

Spled
02-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Gift interception from Giants receiver.

awtysst
02-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Solid stop by the giants D though. Gianst are controlling clock but Pats are leading where it counts: the scoreboard.

awtysst
02-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Giants are VERY lucky to have gotten that fumble back.

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Brady getting hammered.

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Is Brady ok?

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2008, 07:29 PM
He's fine but he just got sacked twice in a row.

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 07:31 PM
He's fine but he just got sacked twice in a row.

LOL, I don't think that's fine for Brady.

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 07:52 PM
That should be the half. :)

Spled
02-03-2008, 07:55 PM
I haven't seen red zone play that bad since the old Texans teams.

kiwitexansfan
02-03-2008, 07:59 PM
And there it is.

Kudos on your prognostication…..

I’m surprised by the low scoring affair, hopefully things will open up in the second half.

My 56-10 prediction seems to be in danger of failing to materialize.

JayCee
02-03-2008, 08:03 PM
More Bradshaw please.

Maddict5
02-03-2008, 08:03 PM
giants D-line is just dominant

SheTexan
02-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Giants D is fired up! If not for that pass interference call, they would be ahead, IMO. Brady is eating dirt!!!!:doot: NOW, if Eli will just settle down and get some points on the board, this game will have a happy ending, for me.

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Giants D is fired up! If not for that pass interference call, they would be ahead, IMO. Brady is eating dirt!!!!:doot: NOW, if Eli will just settle down and get some points on the board, this game will have a happy ending, for me.

Manning's receivers need to catch the ball and hold on to it. Way too many dropped passes. Smith has a lot to answer for in the locker room at halftime.

Notice that when they show Peyton, nobody is sitting anywhere near him. LOL He is probably pretty miserable to sit beside at a football game.

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 08:17 PM
My family and I are having a fight about who gets to come down on the field during the halftime show. They think the people are imported just for the half time show. I think they somehow gave field passes to people already there.

Who is right? Me or the trolls.

awtysst
02-03-2008, 08:19 PM
This is the way the previous Pats teams won. They hung tough until the end and then won it at the end. This year they had a lot of blowout wins sso they never really tasted a real hard nosed football game till the mid to later part of the season. Giants lead in all real categories except one: 7-3.

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
My family and I are having a fight about who gets to come down on the field during the halftime show. They think the people are imported just for the half time show. I think they somehow gave field passes to people already there.

If not mistaken, when the Super Bowl was in Houston, many of those who rushed onto the field were invited locals from various high school organizations.

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 08:25 PM
This is the way the previous Pats teams won. They hung tough until the end and then won it at the end. This year they had a lot of blowout wins sso they never really tasted a real hard nosed football game till the mid to later part of the season. Giants lead in all real categories except one: 7-3.

The Giants need to be up by at least two scores with less than a minute left in the game. Otherwise, I would expect to see the same comebacks that they pulled off when the games were close during regular season.

aj.
02-03-2008, 08:33 PM

The proceedings look exactly like what I saw at the SB here in Houston and for that, they had a special 'crowd' that did a rehearsed and organized rush to the stage during pregame and halftime entertainment. We saw them staging off camera for several minutes before the halftime during the NE vs. CAR SB here. If I had to guess at their orders, it was to jump up and down with excitement and hold up that lighter even if you don't know who they are. I'm pretty sure it wasn't people with game tickets if that's the point.

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Crap, I hate to be wrong. The good news is nobody else in my family reads the board, so they never have to know.

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Man, I was trying to watch the player limping and those cheerleaders backsides got in the way. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/whistling.gif

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Crap, I hate to be wrong. The good news is nobody else in my family reads the board, so they never have to know.

Shame. :cool:

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 08:53 PM
The lowest scoring Super Bowl to date is when Miami capped their perfect season, a 14-7 win over the Redskins. I guess the Pats want all of it, lol.

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Ha, they are complaining about the humidity in Arizona!!!!

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 09:02 PM
They should have gotten a discount on those bananas.

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Chester Pitts and Salaam's ad just came on.

awtysst
02-03-2008, 09:04 PM
University of Phoenix Stadium? Is that the same as the school that has online classes and has a reputation that is not stellar?
If so those guys are making n more money than I thought.

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 09:06 PM
University of Phoenix Stadium? Is that the same as the school that has online classes and has a reputation that is not stellar?
If so those guys are making n more money than I thought.

Yes. My first thought at the beginning of the game was so that's how they are spending part of those huge tuition fees.

kiwitexansfan
02-03-2008, 09:08 PM
The lowest scoring Super Bowl to date is when Miami capped their perfect season, a 14-7 win over the Redskins. I guess the Pats want all of it, lol.

Talk about real ambition right there. That is why they are a championship organisation.

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Wow! Is it possible for a team with a perfect season to lose to a Wild Card team? Oh dear!

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Wow! Is it possible for a team with a perfect season to lose to a Wild Card team? Oh dear!

Shh, no jinxing.

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Still nobody will sit near Peyton!

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Shh, no jinxing.

shh, ok! I thought I would be multi-tasking during the game, and I haven't gotten anything else accomplished.

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Brady just has a different look in his eye today and it's not a confident one. Especially here in the 2nd half.

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Brady just has a different look in his eye today and it's not a confident one. Especially here in the 2nd half.

Being sacked 4-5 times can't be helping the confidence. He usually isn't touched.

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Being sacked 4-5 times can't be helping the confidence. He usually isn't touched.

Oh so true. :)

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 09:18 PM

I think Brady is faking about his health and the Giants know it.

kiwitexansfan
02-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Now my prediction of the Giants scoring 10 has come to fruition, all I need is a 49 point 4th quarter from the Patriots…

A little far fetched but they will get at least one more TD to win it.

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Now my prediction of the Giants scoring 10 has come to fruition, all I need is a 49 point 4th quarter from the Patriots…

Are you watching it on tv and what time is it there?

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 09:21 PM

LOL, that was a good laugh. Now, the Giants need a TD on this drive.

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Starting to look like an upset.

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Starting to look like an upset.

Let's wait for the TD. Not enough of a lead to turn away the comeback kids. Come on Manning!

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Maybe the Pats got outspied for the first time this year...lol. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/keith.gif

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Moss!

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Time for a Plaxico Burress siting.

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 09:53 PM
wow, that was a miracle play.

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!!

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Giants TD!

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 09:59 PM
wow, that was a miracle play.

They'll be showing that one during Super Bowl C.

EDIT: If The Giants win, that is. :)

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 09:59 PM
What a game!!!!

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 10:02 PM
What a sack. He took the whole oline with him.

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Manning brothers back 2 back

Lucky
And the '72 Dolphins pop the champagne.

GuerillaBlack
http://www.woodhamwarriors.com/images/Giants.gif
NY GIANTS WIN THE SUPER BOWL!

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 10:06 PM
That punches a MAJOR hole into the "best ever" debate.

PapaL
02-03-2008, 10:07 PM
18-1 never felt worse! HAHAHAHA

gg no re
The only play I will remember from this game is when Eli shrugs off the Patriots rush and hurls that bomb to Tyree.

ChrisG
The Not-So Perfect Season
New England Patriots - 18-1-0*

* caught cheating in week 1

CONGRATS NYG! :doot:

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Congrats to the G-Men and the NFC.

Mr teX
02-03-2008, 10:09 PM
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belchick you classless piece of #@$!

GlassHalfFull
Who gets the MVP? Eli?

PapaL
Hey Bill - How was the view from the locker room?

jerek
WOW! Statistical law of averages says I should be able to predict the winner of games at a 50% success rate ... clearly I shouldn't quit my day job.

Glad I was wrong about this one ... love watchin someone kick the smug out of the Patriots. Hats off to Eli and the rest of the Giants ... phenomenal game.

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 10:10 PM
The only play I will remember from this game is when Eli shrugs off the Patriots rush and hurls that bomb to Tyree.

Your avatar looks very appropriate right now. :splits:

Lucky
Who gets the MVP? Eli?
I'd give it to the Giants defensive line.

PapaL
Who gets the MVP? Eli?

Tuck should get strong consideration. Eli made the plays to win. He should get it (Eli).

ChrisG
MVP should be Trye (sp?) - other than the entire giants D-Line

w/o him they would have lost

GlassHalfFull
I'd give it to the Giants defensive line.

Me too, I just don't think they will.

Mr teX
02-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Who gets the MVP? Eli?

Of course, Eli made the most memorable play of the night....... The should've-been-a-sack play.

No gravy train for you Junior!

kastofsna
ahhhhhhhh.

Tulip
The fact that I'm this happy makes me a very mean person, I think.

Drew_Smoke
02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Do You Believe In Miracles?

Sincerely,

Al Michaels

aj.
02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Outstanding.

I wouldn't want to be NE #27 right about now.

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 10:13 PM
The fact that I'm this happy makes me a very mean person, I think.

Don't feel bad, you are not alone.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Keep building up the defensive line, Rick Smith. That's all I was thinking while watching this game.

kiwitexansfan
Are you watching it on tv and what time is it there?

I’m at work in mid afternoon following online. I am having the game taped for later viewing.

Can’t believe the Giants got up….. Disappointed the Patriots didn’t seal the deal and get the historical perfect 17-0.

TexanSam
02-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Can't wait for even more Manning commercials!

Seriously, I can't. If Eli's as funny as Peyton then I have no problem with them being shown endlessly

Honoring Earl 34
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belchick you classless piece of #@$!

He went to fire the video guy .

SheTexan
WOW!! One of the best SBs ever!! Congrats to the Giants, a well deserved win!! My throat will be sore for days!!

I totally agree. The Giants D deserves the MVP, but, probably Eli will get it. Fantastic ending to a good year of football!!

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Outstanding.

lol, nor in the streets of Boston, let alone with a Giant jersey at the Bull & Finch.

PapaL
02-03-2008, 10:15 PM
NYG 4-0 The only perfect season that really matters; the post season.

Tulip
02-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Keep building up the defensive line, Rick Smith. That's all I was thinking while watching this game.

No kidding - if this game wasn't affirmation, I don't know what would be.

Maddict5
02-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Outstanding.

oh snap kast..

shutdown ellis hobbs lost the game :thisbig:

drewmar74
02-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Giants in a nail biter. 23-20.

Me, didn't miss it by that much.

PapaL
02-03-2008, 10:20 PM
oh snap kast..

I think Hobbs is still looking for his jock strap on the field.

Mr teX
02-03-2008, 10:20 PM
IPOD tracklisting for the NE Patriots:

New York, New York - Frank Sinatra
Everybody Hurts - REM
So Sick - Ne-yo
Ether - Nas

any others, feel free to add them..

Wolf
02-03-2008, 10:21 PM
I honestly couldn't believe bill didn't stay on the field for the last snap even though it really didn't matter

Maddict5
02-03-2008, 10:21 PM
id love to see the 4-3 team with the heavy investment and emphasis on d-line pressure win :)... for our own peace of mind obviously

this outcome pleased me... finish the job with calais campbell/terrell suggs??

Mr teX
02-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Ahhhhhhh, somewhere LT is doing the tootsie roll...

Tulip
02-03-2008, 10:23 PM
I honestly couldn't believe bill didn't stay on the field for the last snap even though it really didn't matter

He's a poor sport who can't stand losing. That's probably why he cheats.

(Having visions of Young Bill turning over the Monopoly board when he was losing and didn't want to play anymore.)

Lucky
02-03-2008, 10:23 PM
This Giants playoff run reminds me of the Rockets '95 championship. To win 3 in a row on the road to get to the Super Bowl and defeat the only 18-0 team in history is an unbelievable accomplishment.

kastofsna
02-03-2008, 10:24 PM
oh snap kast..

my favorite player in the world right now.

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 10:25 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Certainly doesn't help his rep does it?? Kind of VY-ish.

ensign_lee
02-03-2008, 10:25 PM
:doot:

awtysst
02-03-2008, 10:26 PM
This Giants playoff run reminds me of the Rockets '95 championship. To win 3 in a row on the road to get to the Super Bowl and defeat the only 18-0 team in history is an unbelievable accomplishment.

I was gonna say it reminds me of the Steelers win a few years back. They were a road team that clawed their way into the playoffs. They had a very strong D and a Qb that did enough not to lose the game. Well, maybe more Baltimore Ravens.

Tulip
02-03-2008, 10:26 PM

It absolutely is. I'm so negative about the Pats, but the Giants really earned this win. To be a Wild Card team, to win at Lambeau and then beat the "greatest team in the history of football" in the big game.....what a admirable achievement. Kudos to the defense (including the secondary, who made a key play on the ball covering Moss), the receivers, and Eli. It was one of the best playoff runs I can remember.

Dread-Head
02-03-2008, 10:27 PM
The ONE time I route for Tomasina Brady and those punk@ss muff-huggin' Patriots they #uck up! I want revenge! I want EVERY AFC defense that punk faces in the 2008 season to batter him around like a ragdoll and give him one of those Philadelphia Eagles on Michael Irvin hits. I want defenses to blind side him at every turn and bench him for half a season. Now I remember why I hate those muff-huggas!

awtysst
02-03-2008, 10:28 PM
The ONE time I route for Tomasina Brady and those punk@ss muff-huggin' Patriots they #uck up! I want revenge! I want EVERY AFC defense that punk faces in the 2008 season to batter him around like a ragdoll and give him one of those Philadelphia Eagles on Michael Irvin hits. I want defenses to blind side him at every turn and bench him for half a season. Now I remember why I hate those muff-huggas!

Interesting. Would you do me a favor and root for them EVERY WEEK from now on:)

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 10:28 PM
On the front of NFL.COM the title reads, PERFECT ENDING. What a perfect title.

TexanSam
02-03-2008, 10:30 PM

What makes you hate Brady? If anything, I would hate Belichek

PapaL
02-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Hopefully the trend of the SuperBowl losing team falling apart continues this year.

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2008, 10:31 PM
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/02/03/1202092278_7330.jpg

Wolf
02-03-2008, 10:32 PM
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/02/03/1202092278_7330-1.jpg

http://www.boston.com/sports/

awtysst
02-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Hopefully the trend of the SuperBowl losing team falling apart continues this year.

Yeah and then they will draft some stud and be solid for the next 10 years!

Lucky
02-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Party on, Eli! You earned it

http://2.content.collegehumor.com/d1/ch6/e/4/collegehumor.a04177eec529c6b2a12e172463804dcc.jpg

Wolf
02-03-2008, 10:34 PM
http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/c45d327269_tbardy.jpg

http://www.bostonherald.com/

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 10:34 PM
I honestly couldn't believe bill didn't stay on the field for the last snap

Why?

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2008, 10:35 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/208tavb.jpg

gg no re
02-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Party on, Eli! You earned it

http://2.content.collegehumor.com/d1/ch6/e/4/collegehumor.a04177eec529c6b2a12e172463804dcc.jpg
"Eli, you just won the Super Bowl! What are you going to do?"

"Ima get drunksfsfddfgfhdreerre!!!!!!"

Maddict5
02-03-2008, 10:37 PM
my favorite player in the world right now.

still makes him a pretty average cb:shades:

The1ApplePie
02-03-2008, 10:38 PM
The Media wants to know:

Can they still suck Brady's Belicheat's, and The Pats colelctive ****s?

Maddict5
02-03-2008, 10:38 PM
i can see the pats take jake long or clady if available after tonight

Wolf
02-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Why?

well I heard the Bill could be classless, but being they don't play the giants except once every three years or so, you'd think bill would have gained some respect for the giants and their coaching staff after this game and to show respect, I would think he would have stayed on the field till the last play was played

I guess he really is a sore loser

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Why?

Oh, I don't know, honor, integrety, being a man about losing a tough game. That's just me, I guess. I'm sure opinions vary.

awtysst
02-03-2008, 10:43 PM
i can see the pats take jake long or clady if available after tonight

Nah. Light just had a bad game, but he is great LT. They are going to lose Samuel and possibly Gay so they will take a CB. They could possibly look LB too if they trade down.

TexanSam
02-03-2008, 10:44 PM
I feel bad for Junior Seau

awtysst
well I heard the Bill could be classless, but being they don't play the giants except once every three years or so, you'd think bill would have gained some respect for the giants and their coaching staff after this game and to show respect, I would think he would have stayed on the field till the last play was played

I guess he really is a sore loser

When I saw it I thought that the game was over too. I guess he didnt see that there was a second left on the clock. If it was anyone other than Billichik they would get a pass. Billichik's history precludes it.

StarStruck
Oh, I don't know, honor, integrety, being a man about losing a tough game. That's just me, I guess. I'm sure opinions vary.

Isn't he the same guy who refused to shake Dungy's hand? The same who thought it funny to order in and leave popcorn all over the visitors locker room when the defeated the Cowboys? So, anything he does in the department of a sore loser or arrogance wouldn't surprise me. I shouldn't gloat, but I can't say I'm disappointed.

awtysst
02-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I feel bad for Junior Seau

Perhaps thats someone's way of saying it wasn't meant to be.

JayCee
why are you going to waste a days leave where the Pats are clearly going to win?..... thats why!

Ahhhh, what a game. Can't get over how well the Giants D played.

disaacks3
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8576/181inignottoonzxf5.jpg

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 10:46 PM

Isn't he the same guy who refused to shake Dungy's hand? The same who thought it funny to order in and leave popcorn all over the visitors locker room when they defeated the Cowboys? So, anything he does in the department of a sore loser or arrogance wouldn't surprise me. I shouldn't gloat, but I can't say I'm disappointed.

awtysst
02-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Can't get over how well the Giants D played.

I hope our D can step up like that too. I would love to see it. This is what happens when you have two dominating pass rushers.

WesmanTexanfan
02-03-2008, 10:47 PM

well said....

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan

well said....

That you Mr. Trump?? j/k

WesmanTexanfan
02-03-2008, 10:53 PM
That you Mr. Trump?? j/k

hahaha, im just extatic that i can watch ESPN now.....

they already got their front page!http://www.giants.com/

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I went over to a Pats message board to see how they are taking it (not well btw) there are 138 members and 1521 guests. Everyone wants to see their pain.

TexanSam
02-03-2008, 10:56 PM
I went over to a Pats message board to see how they are taking it (not well btw) there are 138 members and 1521 guests. Everyone wants to see their pain.

Psh we have them beat! The most users ever for us was 1,493 on 4/28/2006. I wonder how many guests we had then?

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Belachek(sp?): We had our chances... What chances? C'mon StarStruck, stop gloating.

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 10:58 PM
hahaha, im just extatic that i can watch ESPN now.....

lol, good point.

Tough gig being a Cowboy fan right now. I'm not trying to cheap shot them, but I wonder if some of the more, well, less mature ones are pissed about the HOF inductions + the Super Bwl outcome right about now. That isn't directed at any Cowboys fans that post here either (just to be clear).

Wolf
02-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Belachek(sp?): We had our chances... What chances? C'mon StarStruck, stop gloating.

yep had a field goal that they should have tried instead of going for it on 4th down. Mike Martzish type coaching there

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 11:05 PM
lol, good point.

Tough gig being a Cowboy fan right now. I'm not trying to cheap shot them, but I wonder if some of the more, well, less mature ones are pissed about the HOF inductions + the Super Bwl outcome right about now. That isn't directed at any Cowboys fans that post here either (just to be clear).

Personally, not really! I believe that we were the better team when playing the Giants, but didn't handle our business. So, the best team on that day won, and continued on to the Super Bowl--and congratulations are in order. I don't have a problem hating in the rivalry when we play each other, but, beyond that , that I have no problem being a united front in the division.

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2008, 11:13 PM
I can't even begin to imagine the psychological damage of going 18-0, then leading the Super Bowl with two minutes to go, and then losing. Seriously, that's the kind of thing that can mess your mind for life.

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Personally, not really! I believe that we were the better team when playing the Giants, but didn't handle our business. So, the best team on that day won, and continued on to the Super Bowl--and congratulations are in order. I don't have a problem hating in the rivalry when we play each other, but, beyond that , that I have no problem being a united front in the division.

Very true. :)

WesmanTexanfan
02-03-2008, 11:16 PM

LOL, they won the SB dogg, beat the "best team ever" in the biggest game ever...

edit: but i dont wanna get into that, so if you choose to counter, i wont responde to it out of rspect for the G-Men!!!!

WesmanTexanfan
02-03-2008, 11:16 PM
I can't even begin to imagine the psychological damage of going 18-0, then leading the Super Bowl with two minutes to go, and then losing. Seriously, that's the kind of thing that can mess your mind for life.

Its called justice.....

WesmanTexanfan
02-03-2008, 11:21 PM

whats the link?

GlassHalfFull
02-03-2008, 11:22 PM
There are currently 145 members and 1875 guests on the boards

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php?

lots of people want to gloat

axman40
02-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Congrats to the G-Men!
:)

WesmanTexanfan
02-03-2008, 11:37 PM
some quotes

NFL is rigged
True story.

The pain is too much. I'm friggin' done. My wife can sit and watch a game like this and say "too bad" and go to bed. Im going to be up unti 4am agonizing and never get over this. I cant take this anymore, I really can't. I never thought I'd feel worse than the 2003 ALCS, but this is worse. This cant be healthy, it can't.

Sports is supposed to be entertainment and stress relief for life. This crap is more stressful than my damn job. I can't take it anymore, I just can't.

jets fan: Please, try being a Jets fan, at least you have won a SB recently. 18-1 is something to be proud of!

pats fan: You know, as silly as it sounds, I think I'd welcome it. You're a Jets fan and it sucks on a different level, but you have NEVER felt like this, EVER. Trust me. I wouldn't welcome this hell on my worst enemy.

For all of the non-New York Giant fans who are reading this board now in glee, a few words:

No one here expects anyone to feel sorry for the fans of the New England Patriots. But as we give the Giants their fare credit and step aside to allow them their time, please be courteous enough to allow us our time.

For all of the angered, resentful Pats fans, a few words:

I wanted this one for one main reason - my son. Born in 2007, I've fantasized for 2 weeks of sharing the tale of the '07 Red Sox and Patriots - what they accomplished the year he was born.

Thanks to everyone who continues to make Patriots Planet such a special place. It hurts a lot right now. But over the course of days and weeks, jokes and stories will be told and things will get better.

But this is NOT the time to go throwing around wild, pissed-off rants. For one, you probably don't mean most of it. Two, you're probably just adding to the joy of some Patriots hater out there. Don't fuel them.

We're fortunate to have appeared in 4 SB's in 7 seasons. Any franchise in the NFL would change places with the Patriots, despite the results of SB XLII.

Keep your heads up, PP.

-Steve

I'm definitely staying the **** away from ESPN for at least a month. If not that. I'm so numb right now. All I kept thinking was, this isn't happening, it was destiny. But I guess that's why the games are played.

I'm okay for the most part right now. I mean, besides the huge empty feeling I got, and the hundreds of 'could've been's' in my mind. But the days to come will be like a really bad hangover.

Anyway, the only positive to get out of this for me is that I know how much I love this team. Good or bad, I'm still a Patriots fan. And if people will talk shit, so be it, I'll probably not be very courteous, and not very mature to all as my response. But it'll blow over in a few months, and hopefully next year is the year.

phins fan: Now you know how hard it is.
Pats congrats to a good season.

1972 Dolphins Still #1.

I dunno, the no holding call on the Eli scramble on the last drive was a travesty

Lets face it gang, the season is a disaster. I don't care how many points the offense scored, I don't care that the team went 16-0, I don't care that Brady and Moss broke records.

They lost. It's a choke. It's the greatest choke in the history of professional sports. It's bigger then the 'Skanks blowing a 3-0 lead to the Sox. It's Game 6 on steroids. It's brutal, it's ugly, and it sucks more then anything that has ever sucked before.

I can't remember the last time I was this upset over something. For all of you trolls out here right now wallowing in our pain...***** you. Chances are good to excellent that we pounded the piss out of whatever sorry-ass team you root for, and your team was home watching the game.

...why does this suck so incredibly much?

1). the defense had numerous opportunities to put this game away on the Giants' last possession and couldn't seal the deal
2). I hate the Giants and any other team from New York. Losing to these assholes is just plain miserable. Losing to the Cowboys or packers would have blown too, but this is FAR WORSE
3). (and this is the worst)- our season ended in a loss to a Manning, again. And, this time, it was the lesser Manning.

Right now, I absolutely despise the game of football. I hate the NFL, and I'm pretty sure I may never watch another game again. Don't believe me...? After Super Bowl XXXI I didn't watch a game for 2 years.

For those of you who have the guts to watch SC and the news for the next several days, I applaud you. You're better people then me. Yeah, maybe I'm a sore loser, but it hurts so I'm pretty sure that sore is appropriate.

I'm out of here, time to get ready for the Sox. I may get over this, I may not. At any rate, I'm out of here. If I don't come back enjoy life.

well there are alot more, but thats a taste, some good fans, some bad, and some funny....

Hookem Horns
02-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Wow, that was just sick. I don't think I will sleep tonight since I am still too jacked up. All I wanted was a Giants / Cowboys rematch and for the Giants to take out the Boys. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought this team could have went all the way. I definitely wasn't expecting them to beat the Patriots. The whole game I just kept waiting for the Patriots to take control of the game. The way they won was so awesome. The defense kicked their arrogant a**es ... and to think Brady was offended that Plex predicted that the Pats would only score 17 points. It turns out Plex was giving them too much credit and made the winning catch to boot.

How bout them Giants!!

WesmanTexanfan
02-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Wow, that was just sick. I don't think I will sleep tonight since I am still too jacked up. All I wanted was a Giants / Cowboys rematch and for the Giants to take out the Boys. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought this team could have went all the way. I definitely wasn't expecting them to beat the Patriots. The whole game I just kept waiting for the Patriots to take control of the game. The way they won was so awesome. The defense kicked their arrogant a**es ... and to think Brady was offended that Plex predicted that the Pats would only score 17 points. It turns out Plex was giving them too much credit and made the winning catch to boot.

How bout them Giants!!

CONGRATS HOOK'EM!!!!!!!!!!

J-Russ
02-03-2008, 11:41 PM
The Giants deserves a movie remake of their season. what a story.

WesmanTexanfan
02-03-2008, 11:42 PM
yep had a field goal that they should have tried instead of going for it on 4th down. Mike Martzish type coaching there

YOU ALWAYS TAKE THE POINTS!!!!

what a bad call there, i was so suprised they did that, what an arrogant move only pats and jags would pull that crap...

Ole Miss Texan
02-03-2008, 11:42 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/208tavb.jpg

How the Giants OL never held on the play is beyond me. 1:14 left in the game, 3rd and 5- down by 4.....what a great effort by ELI and a heck of a throw/catch!!!

I hope our D can step up like that too. I would love to see it. This is what happens when you have two dominating pass rushers.

This is what I was thinking all game. The Giants IMO had the best shot at beating the Pats because they have the best DL and had been dominant all season long. Gotta pressure Brady. We saw that today and that's the biggest reason why the Giants were in it and won it.

Kinda cool when you think about it... Texans are being built to be very similar. 1 pass rushing DE away from our secondary looking good!

WesmanTexanfan
02-03-2008, 11:44 PM
How the Giants OL never held on the play is beyond me. 1:14 left in the game, 3rd and 5- down by 4.....what a great effort by ELI and a heck of a throw/catch!!!

This is what I was thinking all game. The Giants IMO had the best shot at beating the Pats because they have the best DL and had been dominant all season long. Gotta pressure Brady. We saw that today and that's the biggest reason why the Giants were in it and won it.

Kinda cool when you think about it... Texans are being built to be very similar. 1 pass rushing DE away from our secondary looking good!

nice that the ref didnt call some kind of forward motion call either, and about the second comment.......yep

awtysst
02-03-2008, 11:45 PM
YOU ALWAYS TAKE THE POINTS!!!!

what a bad call there, i was so suprised they did that, what an arrogant move only pats and jags would pull that crap...

Think Billichik misses Vinaterri now?

awtysst
02-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Somehow, this seemed appropriate.

The outlook wasn't brilliant for the Mudville nine that day;
The score stood four to two, with but one inning more to play,
And then when Cooney died at first, and Barrows did the same,
A pall-like silence fell upon the patrons of the game.

A straggling few got up to go in deep despair. The rest
Clung to that hope which springs eternal in the human breast;
They thought, "If only Casey could but get a whack at that —
We'd put up even money now, with Casey at the bat."

But Flynn preceded Casey, as did also Jimmy Blake,
And the former was a hoodoo, while the latter was a cake;
So upon that stricken multitude grim melancholy sat;
For there seemed but little chance of Casey getting to the bat.

But Flynn let drive a single, to the wonderment of all,
And Blake, the much despised, tore the cover off the ball;
And when the dust had lifted, and men saw what had occurred,
There was Jimmy safe at second and Flynn a-hugging third.

Then from five thousand throats and more there rose a lusty yell;
It rumbled through the valley, it rattled in the dell;
It pounded on the mountain and recoiled upon the flat,
For Casey, mighty Casey, was advancing to the bat.

There was ease in Casey's manner as he stepped into his place;
There was pride in Casey's bearing and a smile lit Casey's face.
And when, responding to the cheers, he lightly doffed his hat,
No stranger in the crowd could doubt 'twas Casey at the bat.

Ten thousand eyes were on him as he rubbed his hands with dirt.
Five thousand tongues applauded when he wiped them on his shirt.
Then while the writhing pitcher ground the ball into his hip,
Defiance flashed in Casey's eye, a sneer curled Casey's lip.

And now the leather-covered sphere came hurtling through the air,
And Casey stood a-watching it in haughty grandeur there.
Close by the sturdy batsman the ball unheeded sped —
"That ain't my style," said Casey. "Strike one!" the umpire said.

From the benches, black with people, there went up a muffled roar,
Like the beating of the storm-waves on a stern and distant shore;
"Kill him! Kill the umpire!" shouted some one on the stand;
And it's likely they'd have killed him had not Casey raised his hand.

With a smile of Christian charity great Casey's visage shone;
He stilled the rising tumult; he bade the game go on;
He signaled to the pitcher, and once more the dun sphere flew;
But Casey still ignored it, and the umpire said "Strike two!"

"Fraud!" cried the maddened thousands, and echo answered "Fraud!"
But one scornful look from Casey and the audience was awed.
They saw his face grow stern and cold, they saw his muscles strain,
And they knew that Casey wouldn't let that ball go by again.

The sneer has fled from Casey's lip, the teeth are clenched in hate;
He pounds with cruel violence his bat upon the plate.
And now the pitcher holds the ball, and now he lets it go,
And now the air is shattered by the force of Casey's blow.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and little children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville — mighty Casey has struck out.

StarStruck
02-03-2008, 11:49 PM
LOL, they won the SB dogg, beat the "best team ever" in the biggest game ever...

edit: but i dont wanna get into that, so if you choose to counter, i wont responde to it out of rspect for the G-Men!!!!

I acknowledged as much. My point was that I thought that the Cowboys were the better team during the season in the division, but didn't step up to the plate when it matters the most. Aye, the Patriots were the better team all season long, but didn't step up to the plate when it matter the most. Do I hate, heck no, we didn't close, so get behind the team that did. The best thing for my team, now is learn from what wasn't done this year and try to build for the upcoming season. Again -- Congrats to the G-Men.

ATX
02-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Sometimes these coaches get a little too cocky and arrogant and do the stupid thing. It's a 48 yard FG in a stadium with a roof, your kicker has hit from 52, kick the damn field goal. I said the same thing when Dungy tried to get cute in their loss to the Chargers, when they lined up to go for it on 4th and 1, and instead got the penalty and Vinateri ended up missing the fg.

Hookem Horns
02-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Sometimes these coaches get a little too cocky and arrogant and do the stupid thing. It's a 48 yard FG in a stadium with a roof, your kicker has hit from 52, kick the damn field goal. I said the same thing when Dungy tried to get cute in their loss to the Chargers, when they lined up to go for it on 4th and 1, and instead got the penalty and Vinateri ended up missing the fg.

Them not going for the FG just showed their arrogance.

rollinstone18
02-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Very entertaining game, especially the 4th quarter. But I'm glad it's over and I'll be sure not to watch ESPN for at least a week. The New York/Boston, Brady/Belichick, Manning/Manning, '72 Dolphins/ Perfection narrative is nauseating.

Is anyone else thinking the Texans should draft another d-lineman? I'd welcome it. The Giants sold me.

Wolf
02-04-2008, 12:00 AM
If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

On more than one occasion this year, Bill Belichick and the Patriots have run up the score on an overmatched opponent, and forced an opposing coach to sit there and watch his beaten team go through the motions while their heineys were being handed to them.

But when the shoe's on the other foot, and Bill Belichick's team has been beaten, he can't sit there and take the pain for a few seconds.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/If-he-s-going-to-lose-Bill-Belichick-would-rath;_ylt=AumG6E0a4c4b7mxnMwZMqyJDubYF?urn=nfl,649 71