PDA

View Full Version : Steel B,s Off Season Plan (Updated)

steelbtexan
01-20-2008, 02:17 PM
FA's (Resigned) Turk, Demps, C. Anderson, Kalu, Cochran, Hutchins

UFA's (signed) Drayton Florence, Paul Spicer, Gibril Wilson

DRAFT
RD.1 Jeff Otah LT
RD.3 Trae Williams DB
RD.4 Curtis Johnson LB
RD.5 Corey Boyd RB
RD.6 Ryan Wendell C
RD.7 Paul Shirley DT

I believe these additions would add to our talent base & fill most of the holes. I also believe that these players should be available in the rounds that I projected them to be drafted in.

WesmanTexanfan
01-20-2008, 02:20 PM
you left out andre davis he wants back and we want him back? is there a reason you left him out or just forgot?

rollinstone18
01-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Isn't Florence the guy who blindsided Schaub?

If so, :wild: NO THANKS.

steelbtexan
01-20-2008, 03:01 PM
I forgot about Davis. People need to get over that hit on MS. Florence is a good cover guy that should be reasonably priced.

WesmanTexanfan
01-20-2008, 03:04 PM
I forgot about Davis. People need to get over that hit on MS. Florence is a good cover guy that should be reasonably priced.

i concur, hes a good player...

edit: as long as he aint makin it rain in strip clubs im ok....

steelbtexan
01-20-2008, 03:45 PM
I do'nt believe he's PACMAN JR. I have not seen any reports of him being arrested since he's been in the N.F.L.

Lucky
01-20-2008, 03:52 PM
People need to get over that hit on MS. Florence is a good cover guy that should be reasonably priced.
Get real. Smith & Kubiak won't bring in Florence. Keep reading the FA lists and try again.

steelbtexan
01-20-2008, 04:02 PM
What does everyone think about the draft picks.

Silver Oak
01-20-2008, 04:58 PM
FA's (Resigned) Turk, Demps, C. Anderson, Kalu, Cochran, Hutchins

UFA's (signed) Drayton Florence, Paul Spicer, Gibril Wilson

DRAFT
RD.1 Jeff Otah LT
RD.3 Trae Williams DB
RD.4 Curtis Johnson LB
RD.5 Corey Boyd RB
RD.6 Ryan Wendell C
RD.7 Paul Shirley DT

I believe these additions would add to our talent base & fill most of the holes. I also believe that these players should be available in the rounds that I projected them to be drafted in.

No to Florence (me and Matt agree), I like Otah if he's there for us, and from what I saw of Boyd last night, 5th round would be a steal for him IMO.

WesmanTexanfan
01-20-2008, 06:04 PM
i say just draft another kid out of South Carolina they seem to know what their doing!!:fans:

FILOMAN
01-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Quick stat on Florence. They said on the radio today that in balls thrown to the person he was covering the completion rate was 75%. That doesnt sound too good to me???:fans:

steelbtexan
01-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Another college FA pickup after the draft would be Brandon Isaac CB-S South Carolina. He's been injured (shoulder) but he's very talented.

WesmanTexanfan
01-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Another college FA pickup after the draft would be Brandon Isaac CB-S South Carolina. He's been injured (shoulder) but he's very talented.

hhaha... really??? word

steelbtexan
01-20-2008, 06:42 PM
hhaha... really??? word

Really, I like Isaac alot.

I checked Florence stats on CBS sportsline play by play & N.E. seemed to be picking on Cromartie. You can usually tell if a cb. is getting picked on if he has a bunch of tackles. (Faggins) Florence had 2 solos & 1 assist. plus the 1 pick. Not a great game but not to bad considering they were going against Brady.