PDA

View Full Version : Jags.com:A look at the AFC South

Wolf
01-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Let’s take a look at the Houston Texans, who achieved the first non-losing season in their six-year history. The Texans clearly made gains. They have a cast of centerpiece players around whom coach Gary Kubiak can build his defense. They have arguably the most talented receiver in the game in Andre Johnson, and they would appear to now have a quarterback, Matt Schaub, capable of getting Johnson the ball.

What don’t the Texans have? That’s easy: a blue-chip running back.

That’s priority number one for the Texans in the offseason. If they can find a running back capable of balancing their offense, and if they can add more contributing pieces to their overall cast, the Texans could be a division title contender in 2008.

http://www.jaguars.com/News/Article.aspx?id=6709

nice props from a rivals site

dtran04
01-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Was he also the one that had an asterisk by the Patriots all season? LOL

Wolf
01-17-2008, 02:34 PM
will be an interesting off season that can sink or swim the Texans within our division

The Jaguars found their quarterback of the future in ’07 and the team is loaded with salary cap room and a full complement of draft picks as it heads into the offseason. Coach Jack Del Rio won’t be re-structuring his coaching staff this winter and that means the Jaguars already have a head start on next season. The situation looks good in Jacksonville.

with Texans,Jags and Titans all with salary cap room

not sure about Indy's cap situation

TEXANS84
01-17-2008, 02:40 PM
not sure about Indy's cap situation

8.4 million under.

PHAROAH
01-17-2008, 03:00 PM
CB & Running are our biggest needs and it looks like the CB position will probably be filled in F/A and that leaves a stud running back to be drafted and I hope it's not Kevin Smith from UCF.:fans:

Texanmike02
01-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Division title? Woah. I think the Texans, Titans and Jags will be playing for the Division wild card spots since they may just go ahead and allocate the South 3 playoff spots and let the division winners from the other divisions in. Blue chip running back is our biggest need? I keep wanting to agree but... what about OL and Secondary?

Mike

Specnatz
01-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Division title? Woah. I think the Texans, Titans and Jags will be playing for the Division wild card spots since they may just go ahead and allocate the South 3 playoff spots and let the division winners from the other divisions in. Blue chip running back is our biggest need? I keep wanting to agree but... what about OL and Secondary?

Mike

Mike they are not a sexy position pick.