PDA

View Full Version : Ok, who's bright idea was it.....

RTP2110
11-25-2004, 04:53 PM
....to let the Lions play the Colts on Thanksgiving??? Ok, some say more people would watch if it was the Colts because they are a more well known team. But I think more people would like to have seen a Texans/Lions game which would have been a little bit closer that 41-9.

Side note: Why was Manning benched in this game after having a huge lead but not against us????

texans
11-25-2004, 05:09 PM
becase if they split with us they wont to ba able to say they blow us out

Youngstown Colt
11-25-2004, 06:08 PM
i will say this, total points become a tiebreaker when 2 division teams are tied for the lead in the division, and have split the season series. but thats the only reason i can think of.

Ihategeeks
11-25-2004, 06:39 PM
....to let the Lions play the Colts on Thanksgiving??? Ok, some say more people would watch if it was the Colts because they are a more well known team. But I think more people would like to have seen a Texans/Lions game which would have been a little bit closer that 41-9.

Side note: Why was Manning benched in this game after having a huge lead but not against us????

The Lions pissed off the NFL gods at some point, and have been paying for 5 decades.

LiveForTheGame
11-25-2004, 06:44 PM
He was benched after 6 TD passes with time remainging in the 3rd quarter. He didn't throw 6 against us and it was spread more throughout the entire game so they didn't get up really big until the 4th quarter.