PDA

View Full Version : Earl Supports Patriots*

brakos82
01-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Thank God for this article. I was beginning to think everyone in America had lost their ****ing minds.

Pro football: Hall of Famer Campbell says Patriots deserve asterisk

Chad Peters
Express-News Staff Writer (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/football/nfl/cowboys/stories/MYSA121307_Campbell.en.e642169.html)

Having gradually lost interest in the pro game, the legendary Earl Campbell said he doesn't follow the NFL much these days.

But that didn't stop the Hall of Fame running back from sounding off Wednesday on one of the league's season-long hot topics.

Stating the New England Patriots' “Spygate” scandal “was nothing but pure cheating,” Campbell drew a stark contrast between the character of Cowboys coach Wade Phillips — a longtime friend going back to their time together with the Houston Oilers — and Patriots coach Bill Belichick.
In fact, if Campbell had his way, he said Belichick would be out of the NFL and the Patriots would be stripped of their three Super Bowl victories following the spying incident that drew Belichick a $500,000 fine and cost the Patriots a first-round pick.

“I think if I was the commissioner, I would fire him,” Campbell said. “And I'd also fix it so he couldn't coach in the NFL anymore. And those teams that played (and won three Super Bowls), I'd consider that a tie. The other teams would get a ring, too.”

Campbell was one of a handful of former professional athletes in town to promote the launching of the Triton Sports Center, a health club that will provide young athletes specific sports training — particularly in football — from pros. The center, located southeast of the Loop 1604 and U.S. 281 intersection, is expected to open late in the spring.

Campbell, who was using a walker, said his inspiration to help such a venture is to provide young athletes life lessons and the value of education through sports.

Considering as much, Campbell said it's a “bad example” if the Patriots (13-0) go on to win the Super Bowl.

“We try to teach our young kids how to be honest and all that,” Campbell said, “and here we've got grown people. ..... (Belichick) is no better than those guys in baseball taking them steroids.

“..... If they win the Super Bowl, I think there should be an asterisk by the Patriots' name. And if they don't win, I still think there should be an asterisk by their name. Because that's wrong. A lie is a lie.”

Campbell said his opinion wouldn't change even if other teams also were found to employ secretive videotaping tactics.

“Belichick got caught,” he said. “He did a good job of doing it, too. ... He got away with it.

“I often wondered because, man, when you win the Super Bowl, it's like you move on and go to other teams. But all those guys kept staying there. I knew there was something. And all of a sudden this cheating came out and I said, ‘Ah, boy. That's it.' ”

Asked what he would think if he discovered one of his former coaches videotaped opponents, Campbell said he “wouldn't respect him as an individual.”

Campbell likely wouldn't expect Phillips to be accused of such.

Praising his former coach for “his character and what he stands for,” Campbell said Phillips deserved the success he has had in leading the Cowboys to a franchise-best 12-1 mark.

Smiling widely, Campbell recalled how he used to like to “mess around” with Phillips — the Oilers' defensive coordinator in Campbell's first three NFL seasons (1978-80) — during extra-point drills. Campbell would interrupt the drills by getting linemen to jump offside.

“Wade would get so upset,” Campbell said, laughing heartily.

kastofsna
01-16-2008, 06:13 PM
what a moron.

Grid
01-16-2008, 07:32 PM
We should ban kastofsna.

gg no re
01-16-2008, 07:34 PM
I support kastofsna*

WesmanTexanfan
01-16-2008, 07:38 PM
he cheated........ plain and simple....... cheating is cheating is cheating.... i still think they would be killing teams but still..... i dunno how ida handled it, but it would have been different than what happened.....

for the record id still be investigating NBA refs as well, if i could.... to dismiss the fixed games thing as one person is rediculous....

Hervoyel
01-16-2008, 08:08 PM
what a moron.

Are you referring to Mr. Earl Campbell by any chance? I just want to be sure before I make a decision.

WesmanTexanfan
01-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Are you referring to Mr. Earl Campbell by any chance? I just want to be sure before I make a decision.

i dont think he knows what hes saying..... hes dillusional...

ChildressTitanMan
01-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Earl is a living legend who never minces his words & he's on the money.

It took the Pats 3 requests/ultinatums & 10 days before they finally turned over a truckload of tapes dating back to 2000. Goodell then took a mere 36 hrs to say the tapes were not incriminating & had been destroyed.

What a crock,thats more suspect than Michael Jackson.

BTW we should ban kanofsna.:thinking:

TEXANRED
01-16-2008, 08:38 PM
We should ban kastofsna.

Or beat him senseless.

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2008, 09:53 PM
what a moron.

So now Campbell is a moron? :elle:

As the # one draft pick on a rival board you have some balls man! :wild:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-16-2008, 09:59 PM
So now Campbell is a moron? :elle:

As the # one draft pick on a rival board you have some balls man! :wild:

Don't mistake courage for stupidity.

Showtime100
01-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Don't mistake courage for stupidity.

LOL.... kastofsna's rep power 20, 19, 18..........

kastofsna
01-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Having gradually lost interest in the pro game, the legendary Earl Campbell said he doesn't follow the NFL much these days.
he doesn't know what he's talking about, he's a blathering moron, every team does it, yada yada yada.

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2008, 10:40 PM
he doesn't know what he's talking about, he's a blathering moron, every team does it, yada yada yada.

When you keep shoveling the hole gets bigger .... just an FYI

kastofsna
01-16-2008, 11:55 PM
what "hole" are you referring to exactly.

Blazing Arrow
01-17-2008, 12:04 AM
what "hole" are you referring to exactly.

seriously you are a boot licker .... it almost makes me vomit when you post ...

get a spine ... enjoy your #1!

Blu
01-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Have to disagree with MRHOUSTON OILER HOF'er CAMPBELL
that ment everything to everyone in Houston from way back.

Hey if anything Earl was just tring to make Wade(JErry Jones Sock Puppet) look good in the fish rap and for that I give him neg rep.
:cowboy1:

TexanSam
01-17-2008, 12:21 AM
I would have to disagree with Campbell's opinion on this one.

Hookem Horns
01-17-2008, 12:23 AM

This being the same guy that thinks the BCS is a great system and playoffs in college football would be a bad idea. :elle:

bah007
01-17-2008, 12:24 AM
This being the same guy that thinks the BCS is a great system and playoffs in college football would be a bad idea. :elle:

Dang. He is a smart guy.

kastofsna
01-17-2008, 01:35 AM
you guys would probably vote for the guy if he ran for president simply because he's Earl Campbell. fine with me. just don't pretend your agreeing with him has to do with anything else.

wicked_wayz
01-17-2008, 01:52 AM
In fact, if Campbell had his way, he said Belichick would be out of the NFL and the Patriots would be stripped of their three Super Bowl victories following the spying incident that drew Belichick a $500,000 fine and cost the Patriots a first-round pick.

“I think if I was the commissioner, I would fire him,” Campbell said. “And I'd also fix it so he couldn't coach in the NFL anymore. And those teams that played (and won three Super Bowls), I'd consider that a tie. The other teams would get a ring, too.”

i respect earl campbell alot but i just don't agree with how he would deal with the spygate scandal.

Showtime100
01-17-2008, 05:43 AM
you guys would probably vote for the guy if he ran for president simply because he's Earl Campbell. fine with me. just don't pretend your agreeing with him has to do with anything else.

The whole thing just blew right over your head, didn't it??

TEXANRED
01-17-2008, 06:53 AM

Dont get all high and mighty, Marino was a hack with really good regular season stats.

I bet you have several pairs of Isotoner gloves somewhere in your house.

ChildressTitanMan
01-17-2008, 07:15 AM

Goot lawd man.You really don't think the Pats committed a crime & got away with it? Your a divisional rival,I doubt many of your fellow Dolphins fans share
your opinion on this one.http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/Childress79/bwtf.gif

Specnatz
01-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Goot lawd man.You really don't think the Pats committed a crime & got away with it? Your a divisional rival,I doubt many of your fellow Dolphins fans share
your opinion on this one.http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/Childress79/bwtf.gif

No they are to busy sitting in the dark waiting to pop the cork on the bottle of champaign.

HOU-TEX
01-17-2008, 09:25 AM
what a moron.

Man, talk about :potkettle:

Everything you post on this board is moronic. What an asshat! :elle:

Texan_Bill
01-17-2008, 09:28 AM
what a moron.

http://thecaptainsdeck.net/Smileys/default/ban.gif

Them aint fightin' words in these parts - thems shootin' words!!!! :howdy:

Maddict5
01-17-2008, 09:51 AM
i dont know why everyone getting so sore with kast.. hes right.

belichick recorded some signs- something which is generally accepted that alot of others have done/ attempted in the past also.. and earl think goodell should sack bill and give back the 3 SB's over it? :crazy: if that wasnt earl and just some random poster you know y'all would calling him a dumbass

sounds to me like an old man talking like an old man :listening :rant:

and why should that incident put an * next to the pats anyway- does anyone honestly think that this was the main reason behind 17-0?? i thought so.. but if it makes people feel better i guess.. what was it that kanye west said again 'there'll always be haters, thats just the way it is....'

Hervoyel
01-17-2008, 11:08 AM
What you think about Earl Campbell's "take" on this subject means nothing. Whether you think he was right or wrong, ridiculous or insightful is immaterial. He IS Earl Campbell and this is a message board that focuses it's attention on the Houston Texans. Earl Campbell is a legend in these parts and he will always be accorded a certain amount of leeway by the people who saw him play and loved him for it.

Disagreeing with Earl Campbell is permissable. He is not infallible as he will readily admit. Showing a lack of respect for Earl Campbell is unforgivable in my opinion and calling him a moron (twice, in a single thread no less) is reprehensible. You've earned a permanent place on my ignore list. If I had the power to do so I'd send you on the walk of shame out the door.

The appropriate way to disagree with Earl Campbell while in the company of Houston Texans fans is as "wicked wayz" put it in post #22

i respect earl campbell alot but i just don't agree with how he would deal with the spygate scandal.

kastofsna you sorely dissappoint me.

Texan_Bill
01-17-2008, 11:10 AM
What you think about Earl Campbell's "take" on this subject means nothing. Whether you think he was right or wrong, ridiculous or insightful is immaterial. He IS Earl Campbell and this is a message board that focuses it's attention on the Houston Texans. Earl Campbell is a legend in these parts and he will always be accorded a certain amount of leeway by the people who saw him play and loved him for it.

Disagreeing with Earl Campbell is permissable. He is not infallible as he will readily admit. Showing a lack of respect for Earl Campbell is unforgivable in my opinion and calling him a moron (twice, in a single thread no less) is reprehensible. You've earned a permanent place on my ignore list. If I had the power to do so I'd send you on the walk of shame out the door.

The appropriate way to disagree with Earl Campbell while in the company of Houston Texans fans is as "wicked wayz" put it in post #22

/END THREAD!!!

HOU-TEX
01-17-2008, 11:12 AM

Aw come on Herv, I'm sure you have the power and if you did a little politickin you'd get him/her out the door. :cool:

opiedopie
01-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Earl is never wrong!!!!!

BigBull17
01-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Sorry, but gotta agree, Earl is a little off base. I think they should lose a multiple picks and get fined, but a asterik? They do something everyone does but were the only ones who got caught. If you are gonna make ties in superbowls, whats next? Send rings to all 32 teams so no one gets their feelings hurt? Give me a break. Indy pumps crowd noise. Where is the call for blood to get their home wins stripped from their last 8 years or whatever? :gun:

HOU-TEX
01-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Sorry, but gotta agree, Earl is a little off base. I think they should lose a multiple picks and get fined, but a asterik? They do something everyone does but were the only ones who got caught. If you are gonna make ties in superbowls, whats next? Send rings to all 32 teams so no one gets their feelings hurt? Give me a break. Indy pumps crowd noise. Where is the call for blood to get their home wins stripped from their last 8 years or whatever? :gun:

Off-base or not. Everyone, yes I mean everyone should :bowdown: to Earl '36" thighs' Campbell.
:texflag:

opiedopie
01-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Whatever Earl says should be chiseled in stone!

A columbia blue jersey with the numkber 34 should be the state flag!

Double Barrel
01-17-2008, 12:02 PM
I've always had great respect for #34, and still do.

But I'll have to respectfully agree to disagree with him on this subject. :howdy:

kastofsna
01-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Dont get all high and mighty, Marino was a hack with really good regular season stats.

I bet you have several pairs of Isotoner gloves somewhere in your house.
you folks should've figured out a long time ago i'm not a blind Dolphins fan. i've found the Dolphins fans calling the Patriots cheaters ridiculous since they were so quick to defend last year's actions of recording Brady's signals and using them throughout practice the entire week. it's the same thing. it's embarrassing to see some of their reactions.

Dread-Head
01-17-2008, 01:36 PM
(Sigh) I HATE being the voice of reason...

Kastofsna is a pain in the @ss, but the man IS entitled to his opinion. We are after all an open forum. I disagree with the great Mr. Campbell and I wager that the issue that many have is the fact that he was refered to as a "moron." I disagree with K's assessment of Earl's comment, but I don't think it warrants a ban.

swtbound07
01-17-2008, 01:46 PM
nobody but nobody calls Earl Campbell a moron. i don't care if you agree with him or not, he is Houston, and he is a legend. Disagree if you want with the mans opinion, but the moron comments should get you a permanent ban.

kastofsna
01-17-2008, 02:33 PM
personally i think making fun of Katrina victims should get you a permanant ban. see, different strokes for different folks.

ATX
01-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Let's face it, Earl is getting up there in years and he probably isn't all there in the head. Calling him a moron is just plain moronic, calling his words moronic can be argued, but please.......this guy is an icon in Houston, show some respect.

PS Why did Earl end up going to the Saints? I'm not old enough to remember Earl and the reasons why he left.

swtbound07
01-17-2008, 02:39 PM
personally i think making fun of Katrina victims should get you a permanant ban. see, different strokes for different folks.

and now that you've insulted earl campbell, i'd be very suprised if anybody cares what you think. Why don't you just leave?

Texan_Bill
01-17-2008, 02:42 PM
He was actually traded, because Bud 'the bad rug' Adams beleived that his better days were behind him.... While there was some truth to that - Earl should have been able to call it quits on his own as an Oiler..Also, I think it was two years before that the Oilers fired Bum...

Bud Adams, what an assclown!!

Specnatz
01-17-2008, 02:46 PM
and now that you've insulted earl campbell, i'd be very suprised if anybody cares what you think. Why don't you just leave?

Well your still here after all your comments about Vick and other highly charged things, so he is not entitled to his opinion as much as you are entitled to yours. You are entitled to say something pretty damn stupid on a regular basis but he is not allowd to make just as many stupid comments.

There are just as many people who do not care what you think as there are with people who do not care what Kast says.

Oh hell I am sure you could find a few people think I am completely full of crap and do not care what I think as well.

swtbound07
01-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Well your still here after all your comments about Vick and other highly charged things, so he is not entitled to his opinion as much as you are entitled to yours. You are entitled to say something pretty damn stupid on a regular basis but he is not allowd to make just as many stupid comments.

There are just as many people who do not care what you think as there are with people who do not care what Kast says.

Oh hell I am sure you could find a few people think I am completely full of crap and do not care what I think as well.

When in rome, you probably shouldn't attack the romans. On a Houston board, you should probably leave earl campbell be. Would be a parallel if i went on the atlanta boards with my vick views, and it was a parallel when i went to the new orleans boards and told those people exactly what i thought of them. and guess what? they banned me....as well i expected them to.

Texan_Bill
01-17-2008, 02:49 PM

Well stated!!!! :whip:

Specnatz
01-17-2008, 03:06 PM
When in rome, you probably shouldn't attack the romans. On a Houston board, you should probably leave earl campbell be. Would be a parallel if i went on the atlanta boards with my vick views, and it was a parallel when i went to the new orleans boards and told those people exactly what i thought of them. and guess what? they banned me....as well i expected them to.

So you routinely go around trying to be a jerk? Is that what you are saying

Well stated!!!! :whip:

I figured you would make a comment on that. I am to please.

:specnatz:

swtbound07
01-17-2008, 03:10 PM
So you routinely go around trying to be a jerk? Is that what you are saying

I figured you would make a comment on that. I am to please.

:specnatz:

there are certain factions i don't mind being thought of less then favorably by, yes.

kastofsna
01-17-2008, 03:29 PM
:fans:

Hervoyel
01-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Let's face it, Earl is getting up there in years and he probably isn't all there in the head. Calling him a moron is just plain moronic, calling his words moronic can be argued, but please.......this guy is an icon in Houston, show some respect.

PS Why did Earl end up going to the Saints? I'm not old enough to remember Earl and the reasons why he left.

Earl was traded to the Saints for I believe a first round draft choice in what many people in Houston feel was a disgraceful act by Ladd Herzog. He did this following the signing of Warren Moon who had been "seduced" by a bunch of money and the fact that he'd have his CFL coach (Hugh Campbell) here in Houston and Earl Campbell in his backfield. Both Campbells were gone in no time. Hugh was fired because frankly he stunk and Earl was traded to the Saints because Herzog knew that they would overpay for him.

Arguably nobody but Bum Phillips would have given up a pick that high for Earl in 1984 but the move did reunite the two of them in New Orleans.

Bum Phillips should not have been fired.
Earl Campbell should never have been traded.
Ladd Herzog should never have been allowed to escape the city limits with his hide intact.
Bud Adams should never be forgiven.

Texan_Bill
01-17-2008, 04:27 PM
He was actually traded, because Bud 'the bad rug' Adams beleived that his better days were behind him.... While there was some truth to that - Earl should have been able to call it quits on his own as an Oiler..Also, I think it was two years before that the Oilers fired Bum...

Bud Adams, what an assclown!!

Earl was traded to the Saints for I believe a first round draft choice in what many people in Houston feel was a disgraceful act by Ladd Herzog. He did this following the signing of Warren Moon who had been "seduced" by a bunch of money and the fact that he'd have his CFL coach (Hugh Campbell) here in Houston and Earl Campbell in his backfield. Both Campbells were gone in no time. Hugh was fired because frankly he stunk and Earl was traded to the Saints because Herzog knew that they would overpay for him.

Arguably nobody but Bum Phillips would have given up a pick that high for Earl in 1984 but the move did reunite the two of them in New Orleans.

Bum Phillips should not have been fired.
Earl Campbell should never have been traded.
Ladd Herzog should never have been allowed to escape the city limits with his hide intact.
Bud Adams should never be forgiven.

Good reading from EarlCampbell.com

One day, after taking his young son to get a haircut, Earl tuned into his favorite country radio station on the way to grab a quick lunch. He was shocked when he heard the disc jockey announce that he had been traded to the New Orleans Saints. He was about to be reunited with his favorite NFL coach, Bum Phillips. But Earl was furious that the Oilers and Bud Adams had failed to warn him of the upcoming trade. He knew the "business" of the NFL, but he was shocked and hurt that he had to hear about his trade over the radio. That night, Earl emptied his locker alone and thought about all the wonderful and exciting times he had as an Oiler, especially during the "Luv Ya Blue" years. He was grateful for the opportunity God had blessed him with. He knew it was time to look toward the future…and a long-awaited reunion with Bum Phillips.

After watching his two favorite coaches become the center of media firestorms, Earl now found himself in the middle of one. The Houston fans and media were angry to hear about his trade and the media in New Orleans felt Phillips shouldn't have traded a first round draft pick for an athlete they considered to be "past his prime." Amid the media criticisms, Earl finished his first season as a Saint with 468 yards on 168 attempts, while sharing playing time with a rookie. He was not disappointed by his efforts, but he knew that the fans and the media in his new home city were growing restless with their team and Coach Phillips. During the 1985 season, Bum Phillips, a dedicated hero to the game of football and to the numerous athletes he coached, decided to retire from the NFL, leaving the position to his son, Wade, who was an assistant under his father.

From: EarlCampbell (http://www.earlcampbell.com/oilers/oilers3.html)

WesmanTexanfan
01-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Earl is a living legend who never minces his words & he's on the money.

It took the Pats 3 requests/ultinatums & 10 days before they finally turned over a truckload of tapes dating back to 2000. Goodell then took a mere 36 hrs to say the tapes were not incriminating & had been destroyed.

What a crock,thats more suspect than Michael Jackson.

BTW we should ban kanofsna.:thinking:

hey michael never touched any kids inapropriately, il stand by that always... hes innocent i tell ya..... inocent!!!

WesmanTexanfan
01-17-2008, 04:35 PM

all you do is come over here and start crap, alllll the time..... GO AWAY. YOU CAN THINK IT BUT YOU DONT SAY IT, ESPECIALLY ON THIS BOARD!!!!

kastofsna
01-17-2008, 04:59 PM
yall b haterz

BSofA04
01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
yall b haterz

I think you need to take it down a notch man. Sorry man, but recently you've come across as arrogant. What's up with you?

kastofsna
01-17-2008, 05:55 PM
there's no arrogance. i voiced my opinion and i get threatened with a ban. i'm just basking in the irony of that coming from swt.

Texan_Bill
01-17-2008, 06:02 PM
there's no arrogance. i voiced my opinion and i get threatened with a ban. i'm just basking in the irony of that coming from swt.

I guess its true that over time, people will show their true colors.. It takes a great deal of arrogance to call Earl a 'moron'. Disagree with his view - fine, (although you would probably pay the price of your eternal soul burning in hell, and that's your option)... but disagree with some tact and class.

Thats like me calling the '72 Dolphins a bunch of pompous dolts that smell like a$$! :user: oh, but wait..........

*EDIT*
aixelsyd evah I

ATX
01-17-2008, 06:03 PM

Folks are pretty touchy with Houston legends around here. Kind of expected in these parts if you know what I mean.

swtbound07
01-17-2008, 06:03 PM

i think its a good thing for both of us that i don't still live in clearwater.

Double Barrel
01-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Folks are pretty touchy with Houston legends around here. Kind of expected in these parts if you know what I mean.

It's all we've got. We don't have NFL Championships to look back upon fondly.

Khari
01-17-2008, 06:13 PM
:elle: this thread needs an elle smilie

Spled
01-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Earl always had great character. People barely recognize that sort of thing anymore in the Pacman era.

brakos82
01-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Earl always had great character. People barely recognize that sort of thing anymore in the Pacman era.
Mike Vick says you're wierd.

kastofsna
01-17-2008, 07:16 PM
i think its a good thing for both of us that i don't still live in clearwater.
Clearwater is a gorgeous place to live, and i go there all the time for beer. not sure what your not living there has to do with anything.

stingray
01-17-2008, 08:00 PM
(Sigh) I HATE being the voice of reason...

Kastofsna is a pain in the @ss, but the man IS entitled to his opinion. We are after all an open forum. I disagree with the great Mr. Campbell and I wager that the issue that many have is the fact that he was refered to as a "moron." I disagree with K's assessment of Earl's comment, but I don't think it warrants a ban.

He's not a pain in the ass. He just wants attention. He's starving for attention. His daddy probably never hugged him when he was little. Just ignore him, he'll go away if no one pays attention to him.

brakos82
01-17-2008, 08:02 PM
I think the Earl thread has been hijacked...

kastofsna
01-17-2008, 08:02 PM
my late father taught me everything there is to know about seeking attention on internet forums, how DARE you sir

Grid
01-17-2008, 08:17 PM
His late father... hah... i think im gonna follow Herv on this one and go with the lifelong ignore.

WesmanTexanfan
01-17-2008, 11:20 PM

i aint down with the ban, but i mean just have some respect for earl, you gotta realize he is the man over here, and you must be more gentle with your comments towards him, thats all.....

WesmanTexanfan
01-17-2008, 11:28 PM
He's not a pain in the ass. He just wants attention. He's starving for attention. His daddy probably never hugged him when he was little. Just ignore him, he'll go away if no one pays attention to him.

c'mon now, thats not how we should be dealing with things..... yes he shouldnt bad mouth our legends but c'mon.... i promise earl doesnt care what kastofnsa thinks..... no offense kastofsna.... like i said earlier to think it, is ok, but here you just gotta think abut who your bad mouthin if you still want the respect youve gotten around here before this little incident..... though it dont change my opinion, i dont actually know any of these guys(yet) and i aint gunna pretend to know you, but your comments will always be here.....

kastofsna
01-17-2008, 11:42 PM
newsflash: the guy can be the greatest athlete ever to lace it up for a Houston sports team and still be an ***** about certain issues. he's way off here.

stingray
01-18-2008, 12:11 AM
newsflash: the guy can be the greatest athlete ever to lace it up for a Houston sports team and still be an ***** about certain issues. he's way off here.

Newsflash: It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

ATX
01-18-2008, 12:20 AM
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8479/0d2e882e63fabad23589bc3jf9.gif :survivor:

kastofsna
01-18-2008, 01:32 AM
Newsflash: It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
so if Hitler wore a smile during all those speeches, he's an okay guy then?

ChildressTitanMan
01-18-2008, 03:50 AM

The ban request was always sarcastic but that was before you compared Earl to Hitler.

I can't believe your suggesting that Hitlers first name was really Earl & the Germans weren't shouting Heil Hitler after all. :gun:

Texan_Bill
01-18-2008, 08:05 AM
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8479/0d2e882e63fabad23589bc3jf9.gif :survivor:

'Nuff said!!!!!!

Kaiser Toro
01-18-2008, 08:45 AM
The moronic statement in calling one of the greats a moron is expected since the member rarely uses couth nor exhibits the ability to contextually set up "the opinion." Moreover, the attention grabbing posts that flowed after ,with shovel in hand, are laughable as well.

Earl is awfully conservative when it comes to the rules in how penalties should be handed out. I happen not to agree with my favorite player of all-time on this issue.

I do think this is a classic case of a young member, who has been here for some time, just wanting attention.

huckdabuck
01-18-2008, 09:04 AM

REP+++++

HoustonFrog
01-18-2008, 09:29 AM
The moronic statement in calling one of the greats a moron is expected since the member rarely uses couth nor exhibits the ability to contextually set up "the opinion." Moreover, the attention grabbing posts that flowed after ,with shovel in hand, are laughable as well.

Earl is awfully conservative when it comes to the rules in how penalties should be handed out. I happen not to agree with my favorite player of all-time on this issue.

I do think this is a classic case of a young member, who has been here for some time, just wanting attention.

Well said. Agree 100%

Now can we have some sort of cage match with kast and a member to be named later.:sbad:

Texan_Bill
01-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Now can we have some sort of cage match with kast and a member to be named later.

kastof v. swtbound!!!!

Battle of the cyber-muscles! Which cyber-bully will win?!? :whip:

HoustonFrog
01-18-2008, 09:36 AM
kastof v. swtbound!!!!

That was my thought when the idea hit!:thinking: Good work.

swtbound07
01-18-2008, 10:11 AM
im in.

HoustonFrog
01-18-2008, 10:17 AM
im in.

Sweet!!:)

Double Barrel
01-18-2008, 10:27 AM

Godwin's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law) has been invoked. This thread is dead. :howdy:

Kaiser Toro
01-18-2008, 10:41 AM
kastof v. swtbound!!!!

It's a walk off
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/061020/15711__zoolander_l.jpg

kastofsna
01-18-2008, 11:36 AM
kastof v. swtbound!!!!

lol since when am i a cyber-bully.

HOU-TEX
01-18-2008, 11:52 AM
lol since when am i a cyber-bully.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I think of you as a cyber-asshat. :shades:

Specnatz
01-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I think of you as a cyber-asshat. :shades:

That right there somes it up for both.

kastofsna
01-18-2008, 12:04 PM
so are you a cyber-homophoner?

swtbound07
01-18-2008, 12:05 PM

"sums" it up for both. I would have thought that a grown man would know what words are appropriate for what situation. I apologize for misjudging your intelligence. Carry on.

WesmanTexanfan
01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
APOLOGIZE for your comments KAST..... C'mon DO IT, MAN UP

Texan_Bill
01-18-2008, 12:15 PM
APOLOGIZE for your comments KAST..... C'mon DO IT, MAN UP

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I want to see the cyber royal-rumble brew.

Spec. v. Kastof v. swtbound

*in best mills lane voice* "let's get it on!!"

HoustonFrog
01-18-2008, 12:22 PM

Much better than Douche in this situation. :)..

Disclaimer: HoustonFrog is only commenting on the use of asshat vs douche and not on the posters whom some say might fit the description. Don't take seriously. Taking this seriously can cause headache, coughing, 4 hour erections, upset stomach, dry mouth, nosebleeds and blurry vision. Call your doctor immediately if any symptoms persist more than 12 hours.

WesmanTexanfan
01-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I want to see the cyber royal-rumble brew.

Spec. v. Kastof v. swtbound

*in best mills lane voice* "let's get it on!!"

hahah...lol. My B

Texan_Bill
01-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Much better than Douche in this situation. :)..

Disclaimer: HoustonFrog is only commenting on the use of asshat vs douche and not on the posters whom some might fit the description. Don't take seriously. Taking this seriously can cause headache, coughing, 4 hour erections, upset stomach, dry mouth, nosebleeds and blurry vision. Call your doctor immediately if any symptoms persist more than 12 hours.

You are such a freakin' attorney!!!!

Texan_Bill
01-18-2008, 12:32 PM
hahah...lol. My B

No worries...

Now, sit back and watch......... :popcorn:

ATX
01-18-2008, 12:35 PM
This is like watching the special olympics, even if someone wins, they're still a retard.

kastofsna
01-18-2008, 12:42 PM
i sincerely apologize for offending any Houstonian for my comments on Earl Campbell.

however i do not apologize for calling swt a ****ing ***** for A) making fun of Katrina victims and B) clinging to Mike Vick and Vince Young's ***** like they were lifesavers and he fell off the Titanic.

WesmanTexanfan
01-18-2008, 12:44 PM
i sincerely apologize for offending any Houstonian for my comments on Earl Campbell.

however i do not apologize for calling swt a ****ing ***** for A) making fun of Katrina victims and B) clinging to Mike Vick and Vince Young's cocks like they were lifesavers and he fell off the Titanic.

thank you very much Kast..... i do appreciate it.... really i do....

HoustonFrog
01-18-2008, 12:44 PM
This is like watching the special olympics, even if someone wins, they're still a retard.

Wow, there are all kinds of comments that break wrong in here

Specnatz
01-18-2008, 12:47 PM

Yeah but you have to admit it was funny as hell.

ATX
01-18-2008, 12:48 PM

Yeah, hope I didn't offend anybody.......Friday humor.

HoustonFrog
01-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, hope I didn't offend anybody.......Friday humor.

I'm not offended personally by much. I just think the whole "retarded" thing treads on dangerous ice since you never know who has family, kids, etc who fall under the umbrella and are thus sensitive.

kastofsna
01-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm not offended personally by much. I just think the whole "retarded" thing treads on dangerous ice since you never know who has family, kids, etc who fall under the umbrella and are thus sensitive.
we can stop pretending that you're not talking about swt.

ATX
01-18-2008, 12:53 PM

Yeah, I thought about that while I was posting it actually. No offense to anyone with special needs kids or family sincerely.

WesmanTexanfan
01-18-2008, 12:54 PM

retard: a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social retard.

HoustonFrog
01-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I thought about that while I was posting it actually. No offense to anyone with special needs kids or family sincerely.

That's all I was saying :)

retard: a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social retard.

Context my man. "Retarded" and Special Olympics leans only one way.

Again, not my fight...just a shout out to look around

swtbound07
01-18-2008, 01:42 PM
you know what kast...you have a wonderful day.

ATX
01-18-2008, 01:43 PM
you know what kast...you have a wonderful day.

Ahh man, you edited it.

swtbound07
01-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Ahh man, you edited it.

i didn't edit...it got deleted by the powers that be. can't say what i wanna say, so won't say nothin

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Ahh man, you edited it.

Could have at least kept the word ****muppet. :popcorn:

Dread-Head
01-18-2008, 01:49 PM

Because Bud Adams is an @ss and figured he had sufficiently run Mr Campbell into the ground.

swtbound07
01-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Could have at least kept the word ****muppet. :popcorn:

thats my favorite obscenity. I made it up...and my goal is to one day get it said on hbo or a movie

ATX
01-18-2008, 01:51 PM
thats my favorite obscenity. I made it up...and my goal is to one day get it said on hbo or a movie

I'll be sure to add it to my vocabulary and spread its wisdom.