PDA

View Full Version : Pats fan tatoo's head

TEXANS84
01-14-2008, 11:19 AM
http://www.click2houston.com/2008/0111/15032858.jpg

LACONIA, N.H. -- New England Patriots fans have been buying hats or shirts to show off their team pride, but one fan is getting something a bit more permanent -- a helmet tattooed on his head.

Victor Thompson is taking his Patriots pride seriously with the extensive tattoo, reported Manchester, N.H., TV station WMUR.

"It just popped into my head that I wanted it to look like Tom Brady's helmet," Thompson said

http://www.click2houston.com/sports/15033070/detail.html#

...And it will...for the rest of your life.

Texan_Bill
01-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Foxboro, MASS. --"New England Patriots announce uniform and logo change for the 2008 season......" :gun:

Double Barrel
01-14-2008, 11:28 AM
If my team was two wins away from the perfect season, I'd....not sure what I'd do, but it would be something!

TexansLucky13
01-14-2008, 11:31 AM
I'd do it if the Texans were perfect in January.

PapaL
01-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Does he have the throw back on the other side?

powerfuldragon
01-14-2008, 11:45 AM
i wonder how the tat pen feels on the scalp... probably vibrates the brain to mush...

jerek
01-14-2008, 11:46 AM
I've toyed with the idea of a tattoo but I could never make myself do it, mostly because I was afraid of being more or less permanently stuck with something I didn't like. Style changes, and so do personal affiliations.

That, and they look really bad when you get old.

Double Barrel
01-14-2008, 12:02 PM
That, and they look really bad when you get old.

Don't we all! :shades:

powerfuldragon
01-14-2008, 12:07 PM
i want a tat for sure... theone i want rightnow is the Om/Aum written in an alternate sanskrit script called siddham

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/aumsiddh.jpg

Txn_in_Oki
01-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Wuss.

If he was a real fan he would have got the whole helmet done. EVERYTHING. Brand name, green dot, face mask. If you're going to do something dumb you might as well go all out and do it the right way.

Half-asser.

Hervoyel
01-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Seriously. This situation (an undefeated season) absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part (apologies to Animal House) and until I noticed he only had the logo I thought we'd found our man right here in this thread. Obviously not. It's not a helmet without the Riddell logo on his forehead.

He falls short of greatness.

Mr. White
01-14-2008, 12:51 PM
He should have got the old-school Patriot in the 3-point stance on his head. This modern one looks like the logo for the postal service.

OzzO
01-14-2008, 12:54 PM
i wonder how the tat pen feels on the scalp... probably vibrates the brain to mush...

That's what I was thinking - I don't think I'd ever do a tat on bone. Eeyouch

Double Barrel
01-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Wuss.

If he was a real fan he would have got the whole helmet done. EVERYTHING. Brand name, green dot, face mask. If you're going to do something dumb you might as well go all out and do it the right way.

Half-asser.

Now that would be hardcore!!

powerfuldragon
01-14-2008, 01:50 PM
face mask wouldn't be too painful if you get a kicker/punter one done as opposed to a lineman's face cage.

Hookem Horns
01-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Getting a tattoo for a football team is rather risky. I know some of you have gotten them (Preston, Andrew, etc) and they can look cool, however after getting burned by the Oilers I would never take that chance. Actually I am not a tattoo guy, however if I was I would think twice about getting a team logo etched on me. I wonder how many are still walking around with oil derricks. To me it's like having your wife's name tattoed on you. You just never know.

If you are going to get a tat, put it on your arm or leg, somewhere it can be hidden. That guy getting his head tatted up probably just eliminated about a thousand job opportunities. I hope he is confident in whatever career he is in since many employers make you cover up tats in certain fields.

BTW, I hate the current Pats logo and colors. The old logo and colors were MUCH better.

sakebomb
01-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Doing the chin strap would be cool.

drewmar74
01-14-2008, 04:24 PM
face mask wouldn't be too painful if you get a kicker/punter one done as opposed to a lineman's face cage.

Or trying to emulate LT's visor and face mask.

Ouch.

powerfuldragon
01-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Or trying to emulate LT's visor and face mask.

Ouch.

yeah... too many lines over the nose/mouth area...

imagine how bad a tattoo over the upper lip/ nose part of the face... philtrum, i think is the name for it.

Double Barrel
01-14-2008, 06:26 PM
If you are going to get a tat, put it on your arm or leg, somewhere it can be hidden. That guy getting his head tatted up probably just eliminated about a thousand job opportunities. I hope he is confident in whatever career he is in since many employers make you cover up tats in certain fields.

He could always grow his hair out? idonno:

powerfuldragon
01-14-2008, 06:37 PM
i hope he has pattern baldness.

Hookem Horns
01-14-2008, 06:40 PM

That thing goes beyond his hairline.

adam
01-14-2008, 11:09 PM
I have a good sized Texans tattoo on my right arm.

Andrew6
01-14-2008, 11:47 PM
the trick to getting the team tattoo, is to do it with out doing it if that makes sense. When I got mine I wanted a bull with the texans logo on the face. Right as I was getting it I though it would look better to go with the Texas state flag instead. This way I represent my team and my state. If Texans change logo I won't feel weird.271

couldn't make it bigger for some reason

stingray
01-15-2008, 12:20 AM
the trick to getting the team tattoo, is to do it with out doing it if that makes sense. When I got mine I wanted a bull with the texans logo on the face. Right as I was getting it I though it would look better to go with the Texas state flag instead. This way I represent my team and my state. If Texans change logo I won't feel weird.271

Did you get it on your arm?

Ckw
01-15-2008, 12:42 AM

Yeah where is that on you man? That is a cool tat bro.

SheTexan
01-15-2008, 07:01 AM
Yeah where is that on you man? That is a cool tat bro.

Andrew's tat is on his leg, and it IS an awesome tat!!

BTW: this OLD grandma has one, and I'm damn proud of it. I have the TEXAN logo on my calf. Got it done in the Spring of 2003. After beating those "boys" and at my age, I knew I would be a proud TEXAN for the rest of my life.

Andrew6
01-15-2008, 05:11 PM
It covers my calf, and Granny has a bad ass tattoo. so does "preston"? I think is his name. He's got a cool one on his lower arm.