PDA

View Full Version : Who is your least favorite NFL analyst or television personality?

Hardcore Texan
01-12-2008, 10:42 PM
A LOT of mine are on ESPiN. I really, really, really, can't stand Trey Wingo aka the Birdman. That's what I call him, that's what he looks like, he is so critical of every athelete that is not on a popular team and such a smart ass, he gets on my last freakin nerve. Must be nice to set around and point out other people's flaws, birdman.

Showtime100
01-12-2008, 10:58 PM
A LOT of mine are on ESPiN. I really, really, really, can't stand Trey Wingo aka the Birdman. That's what I call him, that's what he looks like, he is so critical of every athelete that is not on a popular team and such a smart ass, he gets on my last freakin nerve. Must be nice to set around and point out other people's flaws, birdman.

I like that assessment. I don't like to see him doing a split screen interview. The guy looks into the camera as if he can barely hear the answer to the question when what he's really doing in his own mind is waiting for the guy to screw up on that 'hard-hitting' question he just asked. That look of his is hilarious.

Tony Kornheiser gets my vote. I dislike him so much I don't even know if he's a legitimate answer to this question.

GuerillaBlack
01-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Brian Gumbel puts me to sleep.

TexanSam
01-12-2008, 11:36 PM
I never really liked Tony Siragusa much. Don't know if he counts though since he's just a sideline reporter.

And just about everyone on the CBS and FOX pregame shows

sixfour
01-12-2008, 11:42 PM
John Madden. His time has long passed.

Speedy
01-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Chris Collingsworth. I hate that guy. Annoys the *&@# out of me. I couldn't stand him when he played either. Just an annoying, know-it-all pee are eye see kay!!

TexanSam
01-13-2008, 02:16 AM
Chris Collingsworth. I hate that guy. Annoys the *&@# out of me. I couldn't stand him when he played either. Just an annoying, know-it-all pee are eye see kay!!

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that. He always comes off as an obnoxious, egotistical jerk.

kastofsna
01-13-2008, 02:41 AM
Kornheiser. everyone else is okay.

favorites are Michaels and Madden. Madden knows more about what's going on during any given play better than anyone. a genius in his role.

sakebomb
01-13-2008, 08:56 AM
I never really cared for Brent Musburger. Dude always seems to be sniffing the jocks of the Longhorns.

The1ApplePie
01-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Michael Smith:
He was great on ATH, but reading from a script, he has the charisma of a stump

toronto
01-13-2008, 09:26 AM

At least he has the guts to criticize someone. I do agree that he's full of himself. But it beats Phil Simms, who I believe has slept now with the half of the NFL, if I were to consider his words in every broadcast. He gushes so much it's stupid.

Speaking of gushing, Jim Nantz is the alltime worst for me. His love affair with Tiger Woods is so nauseating that I can barely watch the Masters anymore. He's also the same way now with Tom Brady.

MojoMan
01-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Stephen A. Smith, hands down. I instantly hit the mute button or the channel change button whenever he speaks. Thankfully, he does not seem to come on very much anymore.

WesmanTexanfan
01-13-2008, 10:46 AM

there he is, thats mine, hes so dumb, says such stupid things...... i wonder if hes from dallas???

hot pickle
01-13-2008, 10:47 AM
i dont like stuart scotts eye...:cute:

GP
01-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Dislike/don't care for:

1. PAUL MAGUIRE -- The "best" of the Houston Haters. There was not an Oilers game he called that I didn't have to take deep breaths into a paper sack just to stay alive by the end of the game. No surprise that he hated the Oilers, especially since he played for the Bills for about 6 years. Do we really expect unbiased analysis/commentary during the Oilers/Bills feud of the 90s?

2. Collinsworth -- Acts like he knows everything. The word "twirp" comes to mind.

3. Gumbel -- For going along with Collinsworth's act (enabling him), and for talking in a hushed, calm "newscaster voice" during a game.

4. Tasker -- A true Houston Hater who only praises when it's overly obvious

5. Shannon Sharpe -- Can't understand him, but he seems to get a lot of laughs from the rest of the CBS crew.

6. Deion Sanders -- Sarcastic and cocky, as usual.

JayCee
01-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Tony Kornheiser & Gumbel.

edo783
01-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Collingsworth is so arrogant and full of himself and yet.............I have more rushing yards in the NFL than he does!

The Pencil Neck
01-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Collingsworth is so arrogant and full of himself and yet.............I have more rushing yards in the NFL than he does!

But doesn't he have the longest TD throw in Florida history.

toronto
01-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Dislike/don't care for:

1. PAUL MAGUIRE -- The "best" of the Houston Haters. There was not an Oilers game he called that I didn't have to take deep breaths into a paper sack just to stay alive by the end of the game. No surprise that he hated the Oilers, especially since he played for the Bills for about 6 years. Do we really expect unbiased analysis/commentary during the Oilers/Bills feud of the 90s?

What I always found utterly hilarious about Maguire was his ability to argue and overrule himself while he commentated. It became a parody because you knew he'd do it every game. Man did he suck.

kastofsna
01-13-2008, 01:29 PM
apparently everyone watches every game on mute.

Second Honeymoon
01-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Paul McGuire, Shannon Sharpe, Tony Kornhole, and Todd Christensen.

as for new guys that suck I would say Bryant Gumble calling NFL games on NFL Network is totally horrible. Bryant Gumble is so pretentious and lame, you are pretty much forced to hit the MUTE button. Bryant sGumble turns an NFL game into an afternoon tea party wankfest anytime he opens his mouth. gumble makes wayne brady look like Louis Farrakhan (thanks chappelle)

kastofsna
01-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Gumbel definitely needs to abandon his professionalism and spice it up with some urban slang so he can be one of them REAL blacks.

edo783
01-13-2008, 03:33 PM
But doesn't he have the longest TD throw in Florida history.

I think so. The joke part of my post is that he has -12 yards rushing in the NFL and as for me I have none, so I have more.:) Must not have been much of a joke when I have to explain it I guess.

ChrisG
01-13-2008, 06:42 PM
i like listening to the
1) Afternoon Blitz with Adam Schein, Solomon Wilcots and Jim Miller
2) Pat Kirwan, Tim Ryan & Bob Papa on Moviní The Chains

they usually know what they are talking about...

all on Sirius

Dread-Head
01-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Gumbel definitely needs to abandon his professionalism and spice it up with some urban slang so he can be one of them REAL blacks.

(SIGH) "Real" blacks?

:thinking:

Dread-Head
01-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Whenever Shannon Sharpe speaks, he spits. He spits in the face of every black man who ever had to EARN his way into a college or university. It saddens me to think that his presence on the CBS sports team is simultaneously denying a qualified, articulate former athlete a job and some villiage somewhere a perfectly good ID-YUT.
Ironically enough however he isn't my LEAST favorite sportscaster. That honor belongs to Bob Costas. Every time that punk speaks I want to shove my FIST down his throat!

toronto
01-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Whenever Shannon Sharpe speaks, he spits. He spits in the face of every black man who ever had to EARN his way into a college or university. It saddens me to think that his presence on the CBS sports team is simultaneously denying a qualified, articulate former athlete a job and some villiage somewhere a perfectly good ID-YUT.
Ironically enough however he isn't my LEAST favorite sportscaster. That honor belongs to Bob Costas. Every time that punk speaks I want to shove my FIST down his throat!

I have always liked Costas - I don't mind his voice, delivery or opinions.

One guy I also like especially in terms of sideline reporting is Jim Gray - one of the few that actually acts like a journalist and asks non-softball questions.

I also will forever like Dick Enberg - he could get senile and miss player names/numbers and I'd still love to listen to his voice....

Khari
01-13-2008, 09:06 PM
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/stephen-a-smith1.jpg

^ that guy .... and this guy v

http://www.clearchannel.com/radio/images/JimRome.jpg

ObsiWan
01-13-2008, 10:05 PM

Wingo is at the TOP of my list. He was all over us for picking Mario instead of VY/RB. To my knowledge, most of the other talking heads have said, some grudgingly, that maybe Mario was the right choice. Not Wingo.

Bob Costas. He strikes me as an little, annoying, know-it-all weasel. He and Wingo and Jim Rhome seem to enjoy asking the type of questions that piss people off.

Kenny Mayne is climbing the ladder too. But I think its not so much him as it is those silly GameDay segments he does. When he's being a SportsCenter anchor, he's okay.

And then there's whoever CBS picks to do the Texans' games. As gameday guys go, we always seem to get the second tier announcers.

ObsiWan
01-13-2008, 10:11 PM
duplication.

TexanSam
01-13-2008, 11:25 PM
And then there's whoever CBS picks to do the Texans' games. As gameday guys go, we always seem to get the second tier announcers.

I'm not a big fan of any of the announcing crews on CBS. FOX has much better pairings IMO. I think Troy Aikman and Joe Buck do a great job. I wish the NFL were like every other sport though and let each team have their own broadcast crew on TV instead of just having them on radio.

Showtime100
01-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Geez, I didn't think of Rome. What - Is - Up with that??

Aztequila
01-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Merrill Hoge & Tony Kornheiser.

BSofA04
01-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Kornheiser is my least favorite on MNF. It's weird because I like watching him on PTI but can't stand him in the booth. I feel like he has nothing to add and makes stupid remarks as an attempt to be funny.

As for all-time worst analyst...well it's gotta be Bill Walton. I know he's basketball, but his analogies get on my nerves.

Previous analyst no longer working for MNF.......Dennis Miller. I'll leave it at that.

BSofA04
01-14-2008, 01:10 AM

He's just boring as hell.

b0ng
01-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Brian Gumbel puts me to sleep.

It appears he has enough for a first down.

Texan_Bill
01-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Who is your least favorite NFL analyst or television personality?

Ralph Cooper on Channel 13's 'Extra Points':
He can not finish saying one thought without ending it in 'in my opinion'. No ****** Sherlock... Thats why you are on the show is for 'your opinion'. We ALL know its 'your opinion'. You were asked to be on the show to give your 'opinion'.

:gun:

Brent Musberger and any game announcer that continually says 'that time'.

:gun: :gun:

Dread-Head
01-14-2008, 01:56 PM
I have always liked Costas - I don't mind his voice, delivery or opinions.

One guy I also like especially in terms of sideline reporting is Jim Gray - one of the few that actually acts like a journalist and asks non-softball questions.

I also will forever like Dick Enberg - he could get senile and miss player names/numbers and I'd still love to listen to his voice....

When the Houston Rockets made it to the NBA finals. Costas spent the entire series talking about how the Rockets were outmatched and out classed. When the Rockets played the Knicks in the deciding game Costas lead the national media in saying it was more of a Knick loss that a Rocket Victory. In other words the Rockets didn't play well, the Knicks simply played poorly and the Rockets merely benefited. He's earned my disrespect for that.

Khari
01-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Kornheiser is my least favorite on MNF. It's weird because I like watching him on PTI but can't stand him in the booth. I feel like he has nothing to add and makes stupid remarks as an attempt to be funny.

As for all-time worst analyst...well it's gotta be Bill Walton. I know he's basketball, but his analogies get on my nerves.

Previous analyst no longer working for MNF.......Dennis Miller. I'll leave it at that.

bill 'throw it down big man' walton sucks badly :pirate:

ATX
01-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Not a football commentator, but Bill Walton takes the trophy as the biggest douche bag of a commentator.

Texan_Bill
01-14-2008, 02:10 PM
When the Houston Rockets made it to the NBA finals. Costas spent the entire series talking about how the Rockets were outmatched and out classed. When the Rockets played the Knicks in the deciding game Costas lead the national media in saying it was more of a Knick loss that a Rocket Victory. In other words the Rockets didn't play well, the Knicks simply played poorly and the Rockets merely benefited. He's earned my disrespect for that.

Napoleanic syndrome..... afterall, he's 5'-2" - a buck -o-five...

powerfuldragon
01-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Len Pasquarelli

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/hu_071024nfl_pasquarelli.jpg

any credibility hey may have ever had flew out the door when i first laid eyes on that mess of a combover.

Second Honeymoon
01-14-2008, 02:23 PM

what's a 'real black'? for lack of a better word, Bryant Gumble is just too 'vanilla' of a sports broadcaster...no edge, no insight, no enthusiasm...Trust me, I don't want him to morph into Stuart Scott or Scoop Jackson. That is my point, I don't want him to. He needs to be himself. Just be himself not doing NFLN broadcasts anymore.

He is a great professional who made big strides in tv journalism for his community. I just don't want him doing football because it just doesnt work. Stick to the US Open or the Olympics or your emmy-winning HBO series if you want to do sports. Just don't do play by play anymore for NFLN. I am sure that this will be addressed this offseason leading up to next year because it was horrible.

Texan_Bill
01-14-2008, 02:45 PM
what's a 'real black'? for lack of a better word, Bryant Gumble is just too 'vanilla' of a sports broadcaster...no edge, no insight, no enthusiasm...Trust me, I don't want him to morph into Stuart Scott or Scoop Jackson. That is my point, I don't want him to. He needs to be himself. Just be himself not doing NFLN broadcasts anymore.

He is a great professional who made big strides in tv journalism for his community. I just don't want him doing football because it just doesnt work. Stick to the US Open or the Olympics or your emmy-winning HBO series if you want to do sports. Just don't do play by play anymore for NFLN. I am sure that this will be addressed this offseason leading up to next year because it was horrible.

As a kid, I remember him from the NFL pre-game show on NBC. I think he's alright in that type of role - just not calling live action...

Of course I liked CBS better... Phyllis George and then Jayne Kennedy....

Mr teX
01-14-2008, 02:55 PM
www.aeanet.org/images/txja_emmitt_smith.jpg

this dude b/c he can't even get out what he's trying to say; he continuously stumbles over his words & it just sounds awful.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.masterpiecepumpkins.com/Graphics/FOX-TerryBradshaw%2520%2520_orig.jpg&imgrefurl=http://collegefanatics.com/boards/showthread.php%3Ft%3D25521&h=393&w=300&sz=14&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=eBLDc-MiI2p6KM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=95&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dterry%2Bbradshaw%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D2 0%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

A special runner up to this yahoo b/c he seems like he can't control himself up there; he just throws the whole chemistry of the 4 off.

Mr. White
01-14-2008, 02:56 PM
I never really cared for Brent Musburger. Dude always seems to be sniffing the jocks of the Longhorns.

I agree with half of this post.

I also can't take Musberger, but I think he's more of a front-runner than a jock-sniffer. He acts like he's wearing crimson and cream undergarments when UT (or anyone else) plays OU.

If he's sniffing anyone's jock, then it's Bob Stoops.

Mr. White
01-14-2008, 03:02 PM
My least favorite has gotta be Steve Tasker. That's one reason why I'm glad the Texans finally made .500.

It seems like we were stuck with that guy every week the first 4-5 years.

chicagotexan2
01-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Emmitt Smith. I have no idea what he says or what he's trying to say. This guy just is not a good analyst. And why are you always leaning Emmit? Keyshown is a close second. Steve Young tries too hard to be contrarian and is almost a joke about it. James Brown is up there too. Bigtime buttkisser.

Hardcore Texan
01-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Emmitt Smith. I have no idea what he says or what he's trying to say. This guy just is not a good analyst. And why are you always leaning Emmit? Keyshown is a close second. Steve Young tries too hard to be contrarian and is almost a joke about it. James Brown is up there too. Bigtime buttkisser.

Yeah, Steve Young gets on my nerves too, am I the only one who thinks he looks like a monkey? :thinking:

austintexanite
01-14-2008, 03:17 PM
I'll say Trey Wingo. He's sarcastic for no reason and acts as if his opinion matters. A lot of those talking heads get full of themselves for no reason.

chicagotexan2
01-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Yeah, Steve Young gets on my nerves too, am I the only one who thinks he looks like a monkey? :thinking:

If monkeys get a ton of face work done then yes he does.

Rex King
01-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Emmitt Smith. I have no idea what he says or what he's trying to say. This guy just is not a good analyst. And why are you always leaning Emmit?

I think he'll get better, kinda like how when Magic started, he was a clueless joke.

Musberger, Siragusa, Gumbel, Costas, Enberg, Smith, Kornholio, ok, all of them get on my nerves now and then. Even Bill Worrell and what's his name with the Rockets. The only guys who don't are probably the Astros TV guys. I miss Keith Jackson!

Brando
01-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Todd Christensen.

I forgot about him, he was the one that was part of the crew that called, let's just say, "The Greatest Comeback in NFL Playoff History"
I didn't like him at all, good TE though.

Tasker is horrible.

HOU-TEX
01-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Other than the obvious 'asshats' like Kornhole, Salisbury, etc.

If you were to look up the word asshat in the dictionary you'd find this picture next to it.

http://msglblwarm.vo.llnwd.net/o16/_img/marchers/1025836.jpg

In all the time I've been watching NFLN he has yet to pronounce a complete sentence correctly. Couple that with my hatred for him in his Steeler days= Asshat!

* Compliments to DB for expanding my vocabulary with the word 'asshat'.

toronto
01-15-2008, 12:23 PM
agreed on those that smacked Bill Walton. If he would ever shut the hell up, he'd actually get to analyze the game. God does he have verbal diaherrea.

drewmar74
01-15-2008, 12:36 PM
In all the time I've been watching NFLN he has yet to pronounce a complete sentence correctly. Couple that with my hatred for him in his Steeler days= Asshat!

I'd have to agree here. Woodson is as bad, if not worse than Emmitt Smith. Both of them are horrible and neither should be in broadcasting. Ineptitude at its finest.

I think its an interesting contrast between Terrell Davis and Rod "Asshat" Woodson on NFLN. I like Davis - he's a pretty good commentator if still a bit unpolished. Woodson, on the other hand, is a bumbling incompetent and good solely for entertainment value (entertainment = laughing when he screws something up).

DBCooper
01-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Now that Theesman is gone, Kornholer gets my vote.

bah007
01-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Robert Smith doing any show for college football.

Mike Patrick.

Texan_Bill
01-15-2008, 02:46 PM
This one:

http://www.redsoxtimes.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/erinandrews.jpg

Erin Andrews..... Not that she's bad or anything, I just tend to lose focus on the game.!!! :cowboy1:

BSofA04
01-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Len Pasquarelli

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/hu_071024nfl_pasquarelli.jpg

any credibility hey may have ever had flew out the door when i first laid eyes on that mess of a combover.

I know it's an HR issue, but someone at ESPN needs to tell him that his combover is on par with Trump. It's hidious. Fortunantly I have a full head of hair but if you're going bald, embrace the faiding hairline or just shave it. Any other attempt to "modify" said hair makes you look like a complete douche.

BSofA04
01-15-2008, 07:19 PM
This one:

Erin Andrews..... Not that she's bad or anything, I just tend to lose focus on the game.!!! :cowboy1:

Good god man. That's very, very nice.

Dread-Head
01-15-2008, 08:36 PM
As a kid, I remember him from the NFL pre-game show on NBC. I think he's alright in that type of role - just not calling live action...

Of course I liked CBS better... Phyllis George and then Jayne Kennedy....

I agree. The NFL on NBC circa 1980-something. He was great in studio.

powerfuldragon
01-16-2008, 11:18 AM
I know it's an HR issue, but someone at ESPN needs to tell him that his combover is on par with Trump. It's hidious. Fortunantly I have a full head of hair but if you're going bald, embrace the faiding hairline or just shave it. Any other attempt to "modify" said hair makes you look like a complete douche.
you can see the sadness the combover creates in his face.

Second Honeymoon
01-16-2008, 11:49 AM
This one:

for some reason I am now craving some melon or canteloupe for lunch. not even to eat, maybe just to hold and squeeze for a while.

ay carumba, that chick is smokin' and she isn't that bad of a sideline personality either.....

toronto
01-16-2008, 11:50 AM
This one:

Ok........

I don't care if she struggles to pronounce the name 'Smith' - she can announce for me anyday.

God dammmmmmmmmm

BTW, here's another announcer/broadcaster that I can't understand, but boy she can give me the news anyday, even if it is in French.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30v_g83VHK4

Wolf
03-24-2008, 07:03 PM
I couldn't find the other thread and maye it was on the official site

The Mayne Event Adrian Peterson's handshake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viXx3RfFc4Q

not least favorite but this was funny and I didn't want to start a new thread

Dread-Head
03-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Emmitt Smith. I have no idea what he says or what he's trying to say. This guy just is not a good analyst. And why are you always leaning Emmit?

I've heard Emmit announce. Sounded like he was eating a sandwich. The man makes Moses Malone sound like Sir Lawrence Olivier. Maybe they should just let that hot Cheryl Burke take over for him?

Dread-Head
03-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Len Pasquarelli

The way the studio lights hit it, it looks kind of like a little cloud gently floating juuuuust above his head. It's kind of serene in a ridiculous kind of way.

Texans_Chick
03-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Skip Bayless is the only man that even in the rare times that I agree with him, I still want to punch him in the face.

He is everything that is wrong with ESPN, with sports talk, and with sports writing in general.

He is a troll with no redeeming characteristics that I can think of other than having someone for Stephen A. Smith to point to and try to suggest that there is someone worse than him.

It is a shame really how his career evolved. There was a time where he cared about being a journalist but now he only cares about being a personality. I guess there is more money involved with that.

Hardcore Texan
10-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Time to revive this thread because I have two more to add to the list.

1. Lou Holtz - I can't stand this guy, or his stupid segments on Saturdays. This past Saturday he had some really dumb comments about Longhorn fans.....not the team or their play but insulted us fans. Then after they beat OU he jokingly tried to act like he was right all along. He just annoys the crap out of me.

2. And then there is Tony Cornholio on MNF. I don't mind him as much on PTI, but he is HORRIBLE on MNF, he takes away from the broadcast every time he opens his mouth. Plus he should accept reality and just shave his head or at least the comb over.

Showtime100
10-14-2008, 05:51 AM
Time to revive this thread because I have two more to add to the list.

1. Lou Holtz - I can't stand this guy, or his stupid segments on Saturdays. This past Saturday he had some really dumb comments about Longhorn fans.....not the team or their play but insulted us fans. Then after they beat OU he jokingly tried to act like he was right all along. He just annoys the crap out of me.

2. And then there is Tony Cornholio on MNF. I don't mind him as much on PTI, but he is HORRIBLE on MNF, he takes away from the broadcast every time he opens his mouth. Plus he should accept reality and just shave his head or at least the comb over.

I can't improve on that. What really scratches by blackboard is the way Holtz can't seem to finish a sentence ala Mike Ditka. I like Ditka, but when I hear a guy talking so hurriedly he doesn't complete the last word of most sentences it drives me nu...........I don't care for Hotlz so my patience for said offense is limited.

When Kornheiser hears an opportunity to say something like when they aren't talking about the game itself, but rather a player or team situation, you can hear the light bulb go on in the tone of his voice and then he'll belabor that point until the next play is said and done and it's time for a commercial.

I'm still waiting on the article where Tony wants Ron Jaworski fired for "pantsing" him in a restaurant after the game. I don't think Jaws has much more patience left for what Kornheiser brings to the broadcast.

2BCF
10-14-2008, 02:23 PM

That's how I feel about S.A.S.
At least Sharpe is enthusiastic and a likeable guy. He's like the Magic Johnson of the NFL commentators. Well, maybe not that bad.

What I hate is Boomer's assinine treatment toward Sharpe. What a d###.

If I had to pick one commentator though, it'd be Joe Buck.
He seems to be undressing Troy with his eyes....creepy. :D

HOU-TEX
10-14-2008, 02:28 PM
I can't improve on that. What really scratches by blackboard is the way Holtz can't seem to finish a sentence ala Mike Ditka. I like Ditka, but when I hear a guy talking so hurriedly he doesn't complete the last word of most sentences it drives me nu...........I don't care for Hotlz so my patience for said offense is limited.

When Kornheiser hears an opportunity to say something like when they aren't talking about the game itself, but rather a player or team situation, you can hear the light bulb go on in the tone of his voice and then he'll belabor that point until the next play is said and done and it's time for a commercial.

I'm still waiting on the article where Tony wants Ron Jaworski fired for "pantsing" him in a restaurant after the game. I don't think Jaws has much more patience left for what Kornheiser brings to the broadcast.

I agree. IMO, you just can't get any worse than Holtz and Kornhole. Holtz can't speak clearly. Kornhole is just an moron. He adds nothing to football.

I'll throw Musberger in there too. Another blubbering buffoon. :gun:

YellerLotYeller
10-14-2008, 02:38 PM
John Clayton make Tony Kornhole look like a GQ Model....

http://www.thehookandlateral.com/images/coaches/john_clayton.jpg

He does know his stuff though.

nunusguy
10-14-2008, 02:46 PM

Clayton is a bit of a little nerd, atleast in appearance. But he has good sources and seems to have football smarts.
Nobody is even close to Kornhole IMO. He's not worthy of being near anything related to football, at any level, he's so incredibly ignorant about football and actually uninterested about it. And yet he's got the MNF gig. Life is truly unfair as they say.

Brando
10-14-2008, 02:49 PM

QFT! He does know his stuff but a little annoying.

Add Tony Kornhole and Steve Tasker. Gus Johnson...while he his calls the pbp exciting, most of the games he has called against the Texans have been when we were on the losing end. So his voice gets to me for that reason. I'm not saying he is one sided becuase he calls the game both ways. I just wish the Texans would win more games that he calls so I can enjoy his pbp.:)

HOU-TEX
10-14-2008, 02:52 PM

http://thetimetube.com/wp-content/uploads/Ugliest%20People/lyle_beaker.gif

Mr teX
10-14-2008, 03:49 PM
there's a couple...but mainly him.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/richard_deitsch/08/29/boomer.qa/p1_esiason.jpg

if tom brady would have him i seriously believe he'd marry him.....god awful amount of butt kissing going on with this dude..

FILO_girl
10-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Now that Theesman is gone, Kornholer gets my vote.
Agreed!
Every time I see Kornholio on MNF...a little song plays in my head...

"one of these things just doesn't belong here....."

I prefer 'assclown' to 'asshat' but both are perfectly acceptable.:cool:

3rd and Inches
10-17-2008, 08:53 PM
I dunno, as far as the game commentators I'd have to say that Randy Cross takes the cake for me. That guy is such a cluebag it's sickening to listen to him contradict himself a thousand times a game.

bah007
10-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Chris Rose

b0ng
10-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Tony Kornheiser