PDA

View Full Version : HPF:1st Dream of a Virgin Offseason

Wolf
01-11-2008, 03:09 PM
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/scout/images/PICTURE_scout152.gif

I didnít want to let this guilty pleasure happen, thinking about who Iíd love the Texans to sign in free agency. Not yet, at least. Itís too early in the offseason.

I really like to wait until late February to dig into the free agency options, once we know how all the teams handled their franchise and transition tags and whether they re-signed their own players. That, and it usually takes me that long to remember to shy away from wanting to see the Texans spend any big money on free agents, mostly since they have failed miserably just about every single time they signed someone.

But here we are, Januaryís a *****, and the Texans are out of the playoffs. So I have some free time on Sundays once again to let the mind wander.

And as much as I want to take Bob McNairís checkbook and hide it between my sofa cushions until April, there are just some guys that might be available in March (if weíre really, really lucky), the kind of players that have got me daydreaming of spending the sort of cash that might even make Richard Branson blush.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/scout/scout152.html

dtran04
01-11-2008, 03:35 PM
I like the idea of Dansby.

Wolf
01-11-2008, 03:42 PM

There are too many needs to address in Aprilís draft, and outside linebacker seems like one that will be missed. Dansby, 26, is productive as a tackler and disruptive as a blitzer, and he is just as much of a threat in coverage. Under a new coaching staff this year in Arizona, Dansby moved inside and helped stabilize the defense with more tackles, sacks, and forced fumbles.

Paired with DeMeco Ryans, himself converted to middle linebacker just two years ago, these two could let each other fly all over the field making plays for the Texans. Me likey the dream of a DeMeco freed from feeling like the only one out there who can make a play sometimes.
from the link

that would be interesting

WesmanTexanfan
01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
what does richard branson have to do with this.... or does he???

dtran04
01-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Apparently the Cardinals would use the franchise tag instead of letting Dansby go.

Wolf
01-11-2008, 03:53 PM
what does richard branson have to do with this.... or does he???

nothing really they used him because of the word Virgin (I supposed) for Virgin records or whatever they are

WesmanTexanfan
01-11-2008, 03:54 PM
nothing really they used him because of the word Virgin (I supposed) for Virgin records or whatever they are

oh, word....

Maddict5
01-11-2008, 06:53 PM
i had a somewhat similiar crazy off-season dream a few nights ago- i wont lie it was awesome(and it was somewhat realistic/not impossible:))... i think it was 2 nights after i made a thread about a similiar idea in the draft forum- anyway here it was:

the texans signed asomugha and dansby in FA before having a crazy draft day: iirc it went something like this:

we traded sage and next yrs 2nd rder to the bears for their pick and took ryan clady (this MB was going wild fyi)
at pick 18, kenny phillips, campbell, stewart and mendenhall were all still there and we decided to take phillips.. at this pt, everybody here was going crazy with excitement (bar the obligatory sage thread that is created lol) as you can imagine and we're all posting with excitement on our new players and about next yr..

next thing, the commish comes up to the podium and says: ' there has been a trade. With the 19th pick, the TEXANS select Calais Campbell, DE, Miami and we just go nuts (think like when AD scored to make it 38-36 v the tacks). turns out we traded next yrs 1st and 4th, plus this yrs 4th to make the trade (yes my dream was that precise actually:)

then in the 3rd rd we took jamaal charles and the longhorn section of the fanbase went crazy too!

at this point the guys on the tv were all over the texans saying how they had not just propelled themselves into the playoff picture but had emerged as a massive threat to indy's divisional stranglehold

then the rest of the draft went like this:
5th: some qb (im guessing my subconscious made up a fake name)
6th: some o-lineman (ditto)
7th: woke up sorry

it was a crazy dream really, loved it- top dream of '08 so far! so good i didnt mind writing 5? paragraphs on it lol

steelbtexan
01-11-2008, 07:04 PM
i had a somewhat similiar crazy off-season dream a few nights ago- i wont lie it was awesome(and it was somewhat realistic/not impossible:))... i think it was 2 nights after i made a thread about a similiar idea in the draft forum- anyway here it was:

the texans signed asomugha and dansby in FA before having a crazy draft day: iirc it went something like this:

we traded sage and next yrs 2nd rder to the bears for their pick and took ryan clady (this MB was going wild fyi)
at pick 18, kenny phillips, campbell, stewart and mendenhall were all still there and we decided to take phillips.. at this pt, everybody here was going crazy with excitement (bar the obligatory sage thread that is created lol) as you can imagine and we're all posting with excitement on our new players and about next yr..

next thing, the commish comes up to the podium and says: ' there has been a trade. With the 19th pick, the TEXANS select Calais Campbell, DE, Miami and we just go nuts (think like when AD scored to make it 38-36 v the tacks). turns out we traded next yrs 1st and 4th, plus this yrs 4th to make the trade (yes my dream was that precise actually:)

then in the 3rd rd we took jamaal charles and the longhorn section of the fanbase went crazy too!

at this point the guys on the tv were all over the texans saying how they had not just propelled themselves into the playoff picture but had emerged as a massive threat to indy's divisional stranglehold

it was a crazy dream really, loved it- top dream of '08 so far! so good i didnt mind writing 5? paragraphs on it lol

Way to think out of the box. I would do things differently, but I like the way you think.

steelbtexan
01-11-2008, 07:11 PM
I would trade for a no 1 this year by trading an 09 mumber1 & the rights to Mathis. If I could get the rights to Oher & Mendenhal

mexican_texan
01-11-2008, 07:24 PM

Wow. My dreams usually involve midgets, guns, and hot women, though not always in that order.

Maddict5
01-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Wow. My dreams usually involve midgets, guns, and hot women, though not always in that order.

me too... but you cant dream about midgets every night :)

i just liked the detail of my texans dream

steelbtexan
01-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Dreams about the Texans should always involve the CHEERLEADERS.

hookinreds
01-11-2008, 08:02 PM
From the title, I thought this was going to be a thread updating TheRealJoker's offseason.

mexican_texan
01-11-2008, 08:11 PM
I've wanted him for years, I didn't realize he was still in his 20s. I think we were linked to him in trade rumors a year or two ago.

austintexanite
01-11-2008, 09:19 PM

Calmate Chespirito!!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-11-2008, 09:54 PM
I'd be extremely happy if we could somehow land Dansby and McCray this offseason.

sakebomb
01-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Dreams about the Texans should always involve the CHEERLEADERS.

Does it count if the midgets are wearing the cheerleader outfits?

Can they be riding a donkey too?

threetoedpete
01-12-2008, 09:22 AM

Ditto. Up grade at OLB wouldn't hurt. Cards can't tag two. Figure they'll tag the safty. They pick up Dansby and there isn't major improvement in turnover production...then you can throw Smith under the bus. He shouldn't cost any where near what Briggs will cost. And you'll get a younger player with more upside at better price.

Greenwood plays well. Greenwood also is feared by no one.

I stoped right there. Any scenrio having an untested rookie as your primary back up...not prudent... Let me finish it for you "we then claim David Carr off of waivers...."

Say hello to the March hair when you see him there Alice. Kubes & Smith are not going to do this.

http://www.bedtime-story.com/bedtime-story/classics-alice-7.htm

Maddict5
01-12-2008, 10:36 AM
I stoped right there. Any scenrio having an untested rookie as your primary back up...not prudent... Let me finish it for you "we then claim David Carr off of waivers...."

:)
going into next yr with salaam as your starting LT is just as inprudent.. and gary did make carr look like a nfl qb last year (although not a good one).. compare that to how he looked this year and id take my chances on him making the rook look ok if he was needed

and btw we wouldnt sign carr.... we'd take BVP back :doot:

steelbtexan
01-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Does it count if the midgets are wearing the cheerleader outfits?

Can they be riding a donkey too?

It's your dream. I say go for it. Midgets are cool people. Here's to the cheerleading outfits.

b0ng
01-12-2008, 06:43 PM

Say hello to the March hair when you see him there Alice. Kubes & Smith are not going to do this.

http://www.bedtime-story.com/bedtime-story/classics-alice-7.htm

I agree with the first part of your post but this is entirely unneccessary. So Rookies have no chance of making an impact at important positions at all? Are smoking crack?

1 name.

Joe Thomas

Besides, that is what Training Camp and OTA's are for. To see who can play and who can be a back-up. It's not like the Texans are just going to say "We drafted this guy in the 1st round, therefore he will start without any sort of thought at all".

Seriously, go back and look at other rookies who have started (not just backed up) and have done well. It would be prudent.

beerlover
01-13-2008, 01:37 AM
its just a dream anyway :elle:

Maddict5
01-13-2008, 08:01 AM
I agree with the first part of your post but this is entirely unneccessary. So Rookies have no chance of making an impact at important positions at all? Are smoking crack?

1 name.

Joe Thomas

Besides, that is what Training Camp and OTA's are for. To see who can play and who can be a back-up. It's not like the Texans are just going to say "We drafted this guy in the 1st round, therefore he will start without any sort of thought at all".

Seriously, go back and look at other rookies who have started (not just backed up) and have done well. It would be prudent.

hes talking about the 5th rd rookie qb.. not clady

lol @ us posting as if its reality

Corrosion
01-13-2008, 09:35 AM
:)

and btw we wouldnt sign carr.... we'd take BVP back :doot:

I HATE to say it but I'd take HWWNBM before Badlee Van Puke , That guy just makes me ...... wanna puke . There has to be some other option :gun:

Bubbajwp
01-13-2008, 11:05 AM
I HATE to say it but I'd take HWWNBM before Badlee Van Puke , That guy just makes me ...... wanna puke . There has to be some other option :gun:

Maybe we could bring him back as a cheerleader.

Goldensilence
01-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Maybe we could bring him back as a cheerleader.

I hear the Texans are interested in a sideline mime for Fans to heckle.

IF Sage did get traded really i'm not all that scared. There's always some journeymen QB's out there looking for a backup spot that can fill in nicely for a game or two. A guy like Gus Ferrorte(sp) or anyone else for that matter. If the guy can read a defense and get the ball out. While Sage and Todd Collins might get some interest i'm just s so sure teams are going to chomp at the bit and be willing to give up a second for either. For the record Collins did look more impressive.

PHAROAH
01-14-2008, 12:27 PM
I think that Nnamdi Asomugha fills the biggest need for the Texans because we are not sure how healthy Daunta will be coming off of that serious knee injury.:texflag: :pirate: :d:

badboy
01-15-2008, 01:58 PM

it was a crazy dream really, loved it- top dream of '08 so far! so good i didnt mind writing 5? paragraphs on it lolWIthout a 7th round selection, I am very disappointed in your dream.

badboy
01-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Wow. My dreams usually involve midgets, guns, and hot women, though not always in that order.Ok, who has the guns, midgets or women? Or both? There was no tequila?

badboy
01-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Ditto. Up grade at OLB wouldn't hurt. Cards can't tag two. Figure they'll tag the safty. They pick up Dansby and there isn't major improvement in turnover production...then you can throw Smith under the bus. He shouldn't cost any where near what Briggs will cost. And you'll get a younger player with more upside at better price.

Greenwood plays well. Greenwood also is feared by no one.

http://www.bedtime-story.com/bedtime-story/classics-alice-7.htmI would rather have Clady or another untested rookie back up at LT than Jordan Black. How many plays did Salaam miss in the lst two years?