PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Greenwood, Hutchins, and Winston

AnthonyE
01-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Additionally, three Texans earned spots on the USA TODAY AFC All-Joe team, which was published in today’s edition. Linebacker Morlon Greenwood, free safety Von Hutchins and tackle Eric Winston were all selected to the AFC squad.

The All-Joe team is comprised of players who excel in their roles, often allowing more heralded teammates to shine. The motto of the team is “If you work hard, good things will happen—to someone else.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4133

Congrats to these three. :)

DiehardChris
01-09-2008, 11:57 PM
LOL

I think it might be time to stop making up post-season awards... I feel their pain though, football season's almost over. :(

76Texan
01-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Wake up Chris! :cool:

TexanSam
01-10-2008, 02:00 AM
Hutchins?? I thought the guy was almost as bad as Petey at the end of the season

Silver Oak
01-10-2008, 07:57 AM
after the SD game and Dunta's injury, I was seriously thinking we might not win two more games. I was positive the secondary would be picked apart each week. The sky was definitely falling that day...

but the secondary, and defense in general picked up the slack and while they got passed on a lot, it wasn't near as bad as my gloom and doom forecast was, so congrats Von Hutchins...job well done!!!

Joe Texan
01-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Hutchins?? I thought the guy was almost as bad as Petey at the end of the season

Dude get to a doctor and have that checked

Maddict5
01-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Dude get to a doctor and have that checked

i disagree (and agree with sam).. hutchins was getting picked on pretty well by the end of the season.. not as bad as petey was but von didnt have dunta on the other side of him

ObsiWan
01-10-2008, 03:32 PM
i disagree (and agree with sam).. hutchins was getting picked on pretty well by the end of the season.. not as bad as petey was but von didnt have dunta on the other side of him

In Hutchins' defense (no pun intended) he was playing out of position. A safety pressed into service as a CB...! And a rookie CB on the other side!? I was like SilverOak, I thought we'd get totally toasted but those guys stepped up.

And lest we forget, it helped them (the DBs) bunches that Mario went on his sack binge during that stretch.