PDA

View Full Version : Charles Spencer Vows to Return

Allstar
01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
"Offensive tackle Charles Spencer, one of the most promising prospects from the Texans' 2006 draft class, missed the entire 2007 season to injury. Spencer has no intention of missing 2008."

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/#

threetoedpete
01-09-2008, 03:42 PM
stop teasing me. I'll believe it when he's laced up, locked and loaded. Smells like Boselli II to me.

CloakNNNdagger
01-09-2008, 04:32 PM
stop teasing me. I'll believe it when he's laced up, locked and loaded. Smells like Boselli II to me.

With the Bronco offense, the lineman have traditionally been chosen to weigh around or below 300 pounds. Spencer had a history in college of having his weight get away from him. His playing weight at the beginning of the season was around 340 pounds. The Texans were wanting to see that weight drop some for increased agility at the LT spot in a "bronco-type offense." I saw Spencer recently and he shows signs of having gone significantly the other direction, which is understandable with his injury and lack of mobility during his early rehab period. I have posted my impressions on his type of devastating injury and its implications in other threads. However, as part of his rehab, weight control/loss will be that much more important............in fact, as important to his rehab as to his potential return to the LT position on the our "new" team..................my best wishes for Charles and his difficult plight.

adam
01-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Great. Then he should have no problems competing with the LT we hopefully will draft in the first round of this years draft. I am no willing to bank on Charles Spencer's return, we made that mistake with Tony Boselli. Never again. I hope.

TexansFanatic
01-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Great. Then he should have no problems competing with the LT we hopefully will draft in the first round of this years draft. I am no willing to bank on Charles Spencer's return, we made that mistake with Tony Boselli. Never again. I hope.

Bingo.

ATXtexanfan
01-09-2008, 06:01 PM
that hat was distracting, hopefully he'll make it back and at least provide much needed depth on the o line

tulexan
01-09-2008, 06:03 PM
that hat was distracting, hopefully he'll make it back and at least provide much needed depth on the o line

Was that a 3D hat?

sakebomb
01-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Dude has only played about 5 quarters of football right? Wasn't it the second game of season last year he got injured. I will believe it when I see it with my own two eyes. It is still going to be a long road back for the big man.

Napa Auto Parts
01-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Smells like Boselli II to me.

May be in the injury department but tony at least proved to be a probowl tackle for a few years.

Hagar
01-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Something tells me that the mind may be willing, but the body is weak.

I'll believe it when I see it.

ObsiWan
01-10-2008, 02:03 PM

Big difference here is, Spencer actually PLAYED a few downs for the Texans. Boselli NEVER DID.

Spencer got hurt whilst in the service of the Texans. Boselli was damaged goodswith a big-a$$ed contract upon arrival and "Do Not Return" stamped on the receipt.

I have confidence that Spencer will at least make a partial comeback. He may never be what we'd hoped he would, but I think he'll be at least good enough to let us dump Jordan Black.

b0ng
01-10-2008, 02:17 PM
...but I think he'll be at least good enough to let us dump Jordan Black.

Cause Jordan Black has hurt us a bunch of times with his play on the field?

I hear he's a better guard anyway.

ObsiWan
01-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Cause Jordan Black has hurt us a bunch of times with his play on the field?

I hear he's a better guard anyway.

The KC fans warned us (just like some of us tried to warn the Panther fans) but we didn't listen. I'm betting that Black can't beat out Spencer if he returns at 80-90% of what he was.

And I doubt that Black is better at the guard spot than Weary (assuming he comes back), Pitts, Studdard, Brisell, or McKinney.

The Pencil Neck
01-10-2008, 04:25 PM
The KC fans warned us (just like some of us tried to warn the Panther fans) but we didn't listen. I'm betting that Black can't beat out Spencer if he returns at 80-90% of what he was.

And I doubt that Black is better at the guard spot than Weary (assuming he comes back), Pitts, Studdard, Brisell, or McKinney.

I don't think Black makes the team.

Unless he turns out to be remarkably suited to what Gibbs is doing.

But I'm not expecting that at all.

gtexan02
01-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Spencer will have been out of football shape for almost 2 years. Plus if he ever comes back, he'll have lost a LOT of muscle and conditioning. If he ever comes back, dont expect the big nasty you're used to.

PS: Ron Dayne should send him an apology

Hervoyel
01-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Tony Boselli vowed to return as well.

Bennie Joppru vowed to return. I think he did it three times? Was it four?

Domanick Davis vowed to return and then to add insult to (career ending) injury so did Domanick Williams (and I didn't even know who he was or that he got hurt!)

I think it will be fantastic when Charles Spencer steps back on the field and resumes his promising career at either G or LT. At the same time I think the Texans should be planning for the future like they've already reached the injury settlement with him. It's the only sensible way to approach this kind of problem.

Fox
01-10-2008, 06:06 PM
I think it will be fantastic when Charles Spencer steps back on the field and resumes his promising career at either G or LT. At the same time I think the Texans should be planning for the future like they've already reached the injury settlement with him. It's the only sensible way to approach this kind of problem.

It's gonna suck big time if a guy like Spencer who had so much potential can't fully come back from an injury suffered so early in his career, but as Herv said, whether he will make it back or not we should prepare as though he isn't even going to be an option.

b0ng
01-10-2008, 10:55 PM
It's gonna suck big time if a guy like Spencer who had so much potential can't fully come back from an injury suffered so early in his career, but as Herv said, whether he will make it back or not we should prepare as though he isn't even going to be an option.

It does suck, but that's what happens in football. I'd rather that have happened when it did (When we had no shot of doing anything that season), than to have him perform beautifully for that year and this year, and then have his leg broken in the 2nd game of the '08 season, when we were supposed to be pushing for playoffs.

If he comes back, great, but if he doesn't come back, I don't want that to be the reason the Texans fail at protecting the QB or having an awful running game this coming up season. That would show a wholehearted lack of preparation.

TexansFanatic
01-10-2008, 11:24 PM

Domanick Davis vowed to return and then to add insult to (career ending) injury so did Domanick Williams (and I didn't even know who he was or that he got hurt!)

Agree 100%.

BSofA04
01-10-2008, 11:29 PM
I agree as well. Although I doubt he'll have the footwork to become a LT or even a RT for that matter. Guard would be his best bet to make an impact on the field without hurting the team. I'd imagine that it'd be pretty hard to push him around on the interior, seeing that he's pushing 340 lbs.

gary
02-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Charles Spencer is coming back this year? If healthy he can sure help out that O lne IMO.

ArlingtonTexan
02-09-2008, 06:17 PM
The answer is that noone knows including the Texans and Spencer.

gary
02-09-2008, 06:20 PM
I hope he does and is healthy.

threetoedpete
02-10-2008, 12:50 AM
We should find out one way or the other the next eight weeks what his progress is.

infantrycak
02-10-2008, 08:49 AM
On Friday, Rick Smith said Spencer has been running for several weeks and has experienced no pain.

edo783
02-10-2008, 09:37 AM
On Friday, Rick Smith said Spencer has been running for several weeks and has experienced no pain.

If the no pain part is actually true, that sounds good, actually it sounds great, but color me skeptical as the team has a history of putting a positive spin on injuries and then the old "Woops can't go" thing jumps up.

Koolaid Time
02-10-2008, 10:40 AM

Dominic Davis and Dominic Williams are the same person-- he just changed his last name.

You are right, we have heard this same song 3 or 4 times before... and its always the same verbage....

"He is running without pain" They used the exact same words on Davis/Williams.

This lasts until the second practice of camp when the knee then blows up to the size of a melon.

Honestly, I think the Texans Medical Staff used to work for the Kremlin...Remember “Leonid Brezhnev has a mild case of flu”……?

PHAROAH
02-10-2008, 10:42 AM
I think he will be back the human spirit is something people can't measure and the way it's looking he may be back maybe not as a stater in the beginning but eventually he will work his way into the lineup some point during the year. I just want the guy to make it back since so many people want to move on without him, I am praying he make all the way back and then some.

CloakNNNdagger
02-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Dominic Davis and Dominic Williams are the same person-- he just changed his last name.

You are right, we have heard this same song 3 or 4 times before... and its always the same verbage....

"He is running without pain" They used the exact same words on Davis/Williams.

This lasts until the second practice of camp when the knee then blows up to the size of a melon.

Honestly, I think the Texans Medical Staff used to work for the Kremlin...Remember “Leonid Brezhnev has a mild case of flu”……?

Keep in mind that with the type of extensive injuries which include the joint bone and cartilage surfaces and their surrounding joint support structures, straight shot running is only the bare minimum requirement for return. How his knee joint responds to hard lateral stresses will be the real key. No matter what position on the line Spencer is anticipated to fill, his ability to hold up to lateral movements against significant resistance is what will be the key limiting factor, especially in the lateral "sweeping" techniques required of the OL in the ZBS.

Maddict5
02-10-2008, 01:11 PM

:wild:

he was joking :thisbig:

good to hear positive news about charles... im not quite as cynical as others on this subject.. will he be the same? possibly not but i think he will return

gary
02-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Do you all think Spencer will be our G or LT?

Honoring Earl 34
02-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Do you all think Spencer will be our G or LT?

I don't know how or where he'll fit in with Gibbs .

Spencer is more of a Dallas lineman ... big and strong .

nunusguy
02-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Keep in mind that with the type of extensive injuries which include the joint bone and cartilage surfaces and their surrounding joint support structures, straight shot running is only the bare minimum requirement for return. How his knee joint responds to hard lateral stresses will be the real key. No matter what position on the line Spencer is anticipated to fill, his ability to hold up to lateral movements against significant resistance is what will be the key limiting factor, especially in the lateral "sweeping" techniques required of the OL in the ZBS.

Sobering reminder about what's really ahead and the kind of challenges young
Mr. Spencer has in the 2008 season.
All of us are of course pulling for him and he's in our thoughts and prayers.
In the meantime, we fans should probably adopt an attitute of low expectations and hope for a pleasant surprise.

gary
02-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Saalam is kind of old and slow.

Honoring Earl 34
02-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Saalem is kind of old and slow.

Yep ... the Texans could use several upgrades on the OL . I'm not really counting on Spencer until he goes through two a days .

CloakNNNdagger
02-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Sobering reminder about what's really ahead and the kind of challenges young
Mr. Spencer has in the 2008 season.
All of us are of course pulling for him and he's in our thoughts and prayers.
In the meantime, we fans should probably adopt an attitute of low expectations and hope for a pleasant surprise.

Well said..........

gary
02-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Yep ... the Texans could use several upgrades on the OL . I'm not really counting on Spencer until he goes through two a days . Maybe another year or so out of him.

CT CSTM
02-10-2008, 10:34 PM
, I hope Charles Spencer comes back and if he does he should try to loose weight, maybe go from 350-Lbs. to 330-Lbs. or 320-Lbs.

Charles isn't 350, he was at the combine cause his agent told him to put on a bunch of weight so he'd hit the 350 mark. I guess he thought it would make him go higher. He's down in the 320's now, he dropped a little below that right before he started to work out heavy again so he could replace the "fat" pounds with muscle. He has no doubt he'll be back, his mind is right and that will help tremendously to get his body back right...You guys don't give up on ole #77!

painekiller
02-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Charles isn't 350, he was at the combine cause his agent told him to put on a bunch of weight so he'd hit the 350 mark. I guess he thought it would make him go higher. He's down in the 320's now, he dropped a little below that right before he started to work out heavy again so he could replace the "fat" pounds with muscle. He has no doubt he'll be back, his mind is right and that will help tremendously to get his body back right...You guys don't give up on ole #77!

Good to see you posting again, thanks for the update. I saw his weight had ballooned on the web page, they had him around 350lb this last season and that is to high IMO. Hearing he is running and has his weight in the 320's is a good thing to hear. I am pulling for #77.

Triple347
02-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Since we are unsure of Spencer's availability to play LT, and we are not 100% sure who will be the LT of the future, I was wondering people's thoughts on possibly moving Pitts back out there. Of course, it is based on a few contingencies, such as not drafting a LT, finding a suitable replacement at LG, etc. However, I have been thinking about that and was wondering other's thoughts.

Dallas_Texan
02-11-2008, 12:38 PM
"Offensive tackle Charles Spencer, one of the most promising prospects from the Texans' 2006 draft class, missed the entire 2007 season to injury. Spencer has no intention of missing 2008."

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/#

Neither did Bennie Joppru! :cowboy1:

badboy
02-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Since we are unsure of Spencer's availability to play LT, and we are not 100% sure who will be the LT of the future, I was wondering people's thoughts on possibly moving Pitts back out there. Of course, it is based on a few contingencies, such as not drafting a LT, finding a suitable replacement at LG, etc. However, I have been thinking about that and was wondering other's thoughts.Welcome to the board. Your thoughts have been hammered in the past. Coaches have had opportunity to move Pitts back to LT and have not done so despite his longevity and ability to stay in the game. Posters come down on either side as to whether Pitts should be moved.

gary
02-11-2008, 04:39 PM
We should draft an extra LT just in case.

V3rm0nt3r
02-11-2008, 04:57 PM
We should draft an extra LT just in case.

yeah but not the first day.

im not being optimistic but we have Salaam, and Winston. Im not saying that Salaam is a great ot because he's not but we have bigger 1st day needs in RB, CB, and id say DE across from Mario as Weaver shouldn't keep his job with his pay.:bat:

gary
02-11-2008, 07:00 PM
yeah but not the first day.

im not being optimistic but we have Salaam, and Winston. Im not saying that Salaam is a great ot because he's not but we have bigger 1st day needs in RB, CB, and id say DE across from Mario as Weaver shouldn't keep his job with his pay.:bat: Agree.

Texans Horror
02-11-2008, 09:02 PM
I think the Texans will try to milk another year out of Salaam and see if Big Nasty can come back. I have seen nothing to give me an iota of confidence that he'll be back, and I disagree with that mentality and still think they should take the best left tackle they can for the job, but I'm not in the Texans' draft war room.

rickyb
02-11-2008, 09:21 PM
I don't know how or where he'll fit in with Gibbs .

Spencer is more of a Dallas lineman ... big and strong .

Yeah, big and strong linemen are overrated. (I'm kidding!) :-)

Maddict5
02-12-2008, 05:27 AM
anthony collins

TEXANRED
04-04-2008, 11:23 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/

Go up and click on the Football link, he's the first interview up top.

He carries an air of nasty about him. Have you ever talked or been around a guy that you know could or would snap your head off at any time? Watch the look on his face when, I think it was Tim Milton, asks him if he ever doubted himself. Essentially it was the same question that he just asked rephrased. Spencer gets this, "What did I just tell you?" look.

I hope he can come back, and I hope he is nasty b/c this OL needs some toughness to it.

ObsiWan
04-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the link. He's got a ways to go conditioning-wise, but if he keeps hanging out with Dunta, he'll make it.

I just hope he's mobile enough for Gibbs' scheme.

Goldensilence
04-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Was such a great feeling to see him out on the field participating in some light drills. Looks like his conditioning is off and he's still a big guy. Having a guy like Dunta around can only help you. I realllly hope To see him make it back that'd be a huge lift to this line if he made it back in any capacity.

False Start
04-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Cool video . My , hes one BIG dude ! I never really noticed that before .

PapaL
04-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Just noticed this was an old thread. For those looking for the video it is called:
"04.04.08 : Spencer recovering well"

Wow - he really is huge. Either that or he was being interviewed by 5 dwarfs.

CloakNNNdagger
04-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Having talked to him at a party and the beginning of the year, he is huge by any measure. But at the time he had to be weighing in at around 340. No doubt, Gibbs will want his weight down. Even so, if there was such a thing as a 2-gap left offensive tackle......................:sumo:

NitroGSXR
04-12-2008, 04:53 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/

Go up and click on the Football link, he's the first interview up top.

He carries an air of nasty about him. Have you ever talked or been around a guy that you know could or would snap your head off at any time? Watch the look on his face when, I think it was Tim Milton, asks him if he ever doubted himself. Essentially it was the same question that he just asked rephrased. Spencer gets this, "What did I just tell you?" look.

I hope he can come back, and I hope he is nasty b/c this OL needs some toughness to it.
I don't see the interview? What's it titled? The one that I clicked on was titled 'Path to the Drafts: CBs'.

On a side note, was there anything worth listening to on that? The reason I ask is because I'm Deaf and I would have to bother people and force non-Texan fans to listen to the interview and interprete most of it for me. Interviews on HoustonTexans.com are not closed captioned which sucks for me.

rush2112mn
04-12-2008, 05:10 PM
I hate to see Duanta Robinson in rehab. But maybe something good can come out of a bad situation. Spencer has said having Duanta there has been real motivating for him. He has someone there pushing him to work harder. I think that was has been missing in Spencer's rehab. Someone who is coming back and pushing him. I know he should be motivating himself, but to have someone there in the same situation someone he can relate to. Seeing how hard Duanta is working to get back has got to be rubbing off on him. I hope so.
:texans: :logo: :wherewill

PapaL
04-12-2008, 05:41 PM
I don't see the interview? What's it titled? The one that I clicked on was titled 'Path to the Drafts: CBs'.

On a side note, was there anything worth listening to on that? The reason I ask is because I'm Deaf and I would have to bother people and force non-Texan fans to listen to the interview and interprete most of it for me. Interviews on HoustonTexans.com are not closed captioned which sucks for me.

See my post all of two/three posts above yours:

Just noticed this was an old thread. For those looking for the video it is called:
"04.04.08 : Spencer recovering well"

Wow - he really is huge. Either that or he was being interviewed by 5 dwarfs.

Maddict5
04-12-2008, 05:44 PM

the video is now on page 2 of the 'football' section entitled 'spencer recovering well'

in fairness, HT.com do an excellent job of transcripting most interviews imo.. just takes a couple hrs

here's charles interview
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4246

T Charles Spencer

(on if he is excited to be out here) “It feels good, man. It feels good to be out here with the team again.”

(on coach Kubiak saying looks like he hadn’t run in quite a bit) “It’s been a while running. I’ve been running inside, but when you run outside it’s a lot different. So I’m getting used to it, running on the ground, and we should be ready to go.”

(on how he feels mentally and physically) “I’m excited, man, every day I come to work. I was dealing with a lot, but I never second-guessed myself, never doubted myself throughout the whole process. I look forward to contributing to this team.”

(on when he will return) “I don’t know. We’ll see. I take it a day at a time. We’ll see how I’m feeling.”

(on if he has any doubts he will be back) “Negative. I never have doubts.”

(on if has had any doubts along the way) “No. Never doubted myself. If you doubt yourself, you’ll never get things accomplished.”

(on the biggest thing he has to overcome) “Probably just getting back in shape. The football drills are a lot different than being inside lifting and doing some lateral things inside. Just getting back in football shape is probably the hardest thing right now.”

NitroGSXR
04-12-2008, 06:03 PM
the video is now on page 2 of the 'football' section entitled 'spencer recovering well'

in fairness, HT.com do an excellent job of transcripting most interviews imo.. just takes a couple hrs

here's charles interview
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4246
I've actually already read that.

For starters, I didn't put the video and the transcript together. I generally bypass the video section altogether but I faithfully read the transcripts.

Talk about a d'oh moment there on my end. Heh!

Either way, seems like he said a whole lot more than what was actually transcribed. Somebody mentioned Dunta being talked about by Charles? I didn't read anything in the transcript about that.

Rep left for you and Papal for your efforts.

CT CSTM
04-13-2008, 09:24 PM
You guys think Charles likes his nickname? Heres a special edition set of door panels we did for him,,,did it to remind him during his rehab!:shades:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/ToddKrueger/IMG_6956.jpg

Hung with him and his family today, he's more ready to go than ever! I'd hate to be the first DEnd that has to line up against him,,,

edo783
04-13-2008, 09:48 PM
[quote=CT CSTM;890672Hung with him and his family today, he's more ready to go than ever! I'd hate to be the first DEnd that has to line up against him,,,[/quote]

How did his weight look? Has Gibbs spoken with him yet?

painekiller
04-14-2008, 02:47 PM
You guys think Charles likes his nickname? Heres a special edition set of door panels we did for him,,,did it to remind him during his rehab!:shades:

I love the panel. That is so cool. I hope Charles knows the fans are pulling for him to recover.

Trail.Blazr
04-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Smells like Boselli II to me.

minus the HUGE cap hit?

actually, he's nothing like Boselli.... The FO didn't draft Spencer injured.

:crutch:

BrianH
04-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Good story behind Charles, Check it out

http://www.profootballcentral.com/audio/CharlesSpencer.mp3

Nawzer
04-22-2008, 05:57 PM
I would love to have a glut at the left tackle position for once. If Charles Spencer can make a succesful comeback it could really bolster that position for us. With him, Ephraim Salaam, and a possible rookie left tackle, we could be looking at some interesting scenarios. I'm really pulling for Spencer but at this point I think the Texans should plan as if he's not coming back.

Mailman
04-22-2008, 06:07 PM
I would love to have a glut at the left tackle position for once. If Charles Spencer can make a succesful comeback it could really bolster that position for us. With him, Ephraim Salaam, and a possible rookie left tackle, we could be looking at some interesting scenarios. I'm really pulling for Spencer but at this point I think the Texans should plan as if he's not coming back.

He hasn't been on the field for over 18 months, so I think they've had that approach for quite some time now.

Nawzer
04-22-2008, 06:11 PM
He hasn't been on the field for over 18 months, so I think they've had that approach for quite some time now.

They might've but when Ephraim Salaam is your starting left tackle you know it's not a winning approach. Ephraim is a great guy and does a serviceable job but clearly not the guy.

Wolf
05-08-2008, 01:13 AM
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008805070338

After almost two full seasons away from the NFL, Charles Spencer Jr. will finally be able to don the red, white and blue uniform of the Houston Texans again.
Advertisement

It looks as if it will be at a different position.

Spencer, a product of Poughkeepsie High School, was the 65th overall pick of the 2006 NFL draft out of the University of Pittsburgh. He won the starting left tackle spot for the Houston Texans in his rookie season.

In only his second career game, on Sept. 17, 2006, he suffered a broken leg in a game against the Indianapolis Colts.

The injury forced him to miss the rest of the 2006 season, as well as the entire 2007 campaign.

Now it looks as if he will assume the starting guard spot in 2008.

With the selection of Duane Brown, a tackle from Virginia Tech, by the Texans in the first round, it is evident that the Texans have a different plan for Spencer.

"Coach (Kubiak) said that I have a strong chance of being a starter at guard," said the 6-4, 350 lb. lineman. "I've worked some left guard last week and I've been at right guard this week."

Changing positions and fighting through adversity is nothing new to Spencer.

Although Spencer had been recruited to the University of Pittsburgh as a tight end, they converted him to the defensive line after a red-shirt year, before ultimately asking him to switch the offensive side of the ball.

"It's a real testament to his work," said current Poughkeepsie football coach Ken Barger about Spencer's position changes. "The best professionals had to overcome adversity along the way."
Familiar with playing guard

The position change will not be entirely new to Spencer though, as his junior year at Pittsburgh, he spent the season playing left guard.

GP
05-08-2008, 01:19 AM
Getting him back into the lineup is highest priority.

With him, the whole complexion of the offense changes. We'd have Duane on the left, Spencer on the right, and a solid center who probably should have been the starter for the Broncos.

Three solid guys on the line...makes me feel pretty good.

infantrycak
05-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Getting him back into the lineup is highest priority.

With him, the whole complexion of the offense changes. We'd have Duane on the left, Spencer on the right, and a solid center who probably should have been the starter for the Broncos.

Three solid guys on the line...makes me feel pretty good.

Winston is not a solid guy?--much less Pitts?

Second Honeymoon
05-08-2008, 02:04 AM
How about this lineup

Brown Spencer Myers Pitts Winston -1st Team
Black Weary Eslinger Studdard Salaam - 2nd Team
that lineup with that depth would be nice and allow us to survive the occassional nick or ding. its funny how our OL could go from being average to one of the best overall squads in the NFL.

especially if Gibbs can make a difference like most people think he will

dalemurphy
05-08-2008, 02:19 AM
How about this lineup

Brown Spencer Myers Pitts Winston -1st Team
Black Weary Eslinger Studdard Salaam - 2nd Team
that lineup with that depth would be nice and allow us to survive the occassional nick or ding. its funny how our OL could go from being average to one of the best overall squads in the NFL.

especially if Gibbs can make a difference like most people think he will

This is what I think would be amazing:

Brown, Pitts, Myers, Winston, Spencer

RButler, Eslinger, Frye

Now, obviously I'm assuming a lot:
1. Spencer is healthy, back to football shape.
2. Brown is ready to start
4. Butler has developed into a swing tackle now that he's not losing weight
5. Eslinger wins job over CWhite

Looking at that, though, we'd have a lot of quickness and athleticism at the guard spots with Winston, Pitts, Frye, Eslinger

Also, Frye would be able to play tackle or guard.

The tackles: Butler, Spencer, Brown would be the most athletic tackles in the NFL, as a group.

The line would be very young and potentially dominating in time.

PapaL
05-08-2008, 06:38 AM
Why are we so quick to move Pitts to RG? He's been the one constant on our line.

Brown, Pitts, Myers, Spencer, Winston

sakebomb
05-08-2008, 07:32 AM
I don't care where he is at on the OL. I just want the big man back!!!!

nunusguy
05-08-2008, 08:36 AM
"As long as I play football, I'll never be at 100 percent."
Don't get your hopes up.
I'm only wanting the best for Spencer, but for the sake of realistic expectations re his contributions to the team I'm keeping my expectations very low.

HOU-TEX
05-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Why are we so quick to move Pitts to RG? He's been the one constant on our line.

Thank you, and that includes Winston too. I like this Oline if the Big Nasty is back to form.:)

infantrycak
05-08-2008, 11:09 AM
"As long as I play football, I'll never be at 100 percent."
Don't get your hopes up.
I'm only wanting the best for Spencer, but for the sake of realistic expectations re his contributions to the team I'm keeping my expectations very low.

You have a link for that "quote?"

05-08-2008, 11:50 AM

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/a...=2008805070338

man, i think spencer will make a helluva guard... it feels damn good to have young talent on the o-line now, btw. sure beats the hell outta the cameron spikes/jimmy herndon/ryan young days!

infantrycak
05-08-2008, 11:54 AM
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/a...=2008805070338

Your link gave me a 404 error.

TexansSeminole
05-08-2008, 12:01 PM

Yea, I am not sure why people want to move Pitts, or Winston.

I think this is the ideal lineup for our O-line.

I doubt Brown starts at LT from the beginning, same goes for Spencer inside at RG.

nunusguy
05-08-2008, 12:54 PM
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008805070338
It's from the story in the link provided by "WOLF" - 'bout 4 posts above mine.