PDA

View Full Version : Mario Manningham and Adrian Arrington are no longer with the team.

Specnatz
01-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Nothing from the kids themselves but from Michigan Coach Rodriguez.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080109/SPORTS0201/801090384/1004/SPORTS

Hey Ryan you will be glad to hear Mallett gone as well. Now get Prior damn it.

Hagar
01-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Nothing from the kids themselves but from Michigan Coach Rodriguez.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080109/SPORTS0201/801090384/1004/SPORTS

Hey Ryan you will be glad to hear Mallett gone as well. Now get Prior damn it.Its a shame those boys will have wait a year to play. Seems to me that if your coach quites on you, the player should have a one time right to transfer.

Yankee_In_TX
01-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Kind of odd the way he seems disconnected with Arrington and Manningham. Wonder what that is all about.

Hey, I want Michigan to be a strong program again. I think a weak Michigan has made for a weak ohio State.

I'm neutral about Prior. Apparently we can't win a championship with or without a star QB.

Specnatz
01-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Its a shame those boys will have wait a year to play. Seems to me that if your coach quites on you, the player should have a one time right to transfer.

Arrington and Manningham will be entering the NFL draft from the way that is put.

tulexan
01-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Kind of odd the way he seems disconnected with Arrington and Manningham. Wonder what that is all about.

Hey, I want Michigan to be a strong program again. I think a weak Michigan has made for a weak ohio State.

I'm neutral about Prior. Apparently we can't win a championship with or without a star QB.

You can win a championship. You just need no top SEC teams to be in the championship game.

Yankee_In_TX
01-09-2008, 03:43 PM
You can win a championship. You just need no top SEC teams to be in the championship game.

Yeah, I got nothin'. And that's what sucks about it. Like when gator fans talk smack to me. I just got nothin'.

Specnatz
01-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I got nothin'. And that's what sucks about it. Like when gator fans talk smack to me. I just got nothin'.

I know the pain you speak of, very much so.

threetoedpete
01-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Its a shame those boys will have wait a year to play. Seems to me that if your coach quites on you, the player should have a one time right to transfer.

Yep I'm with ya on this one. Need to get Culberson and some of our congress people on it. Coach goes, all letters of intent are null and void. Then the former school could sue for breach of contract and damages.

Yankee_In_TX
01-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Yep I'm with ya on this one. Need to get Culberson and some of our congress people on it. Coach goes, all letters of intent are null and void. Then the former school could sue for breach of contract and damages.

Easier solution - restrict when coaches can be courted and/or leave. Make it standard in all NCAA contracts.

cuppacoffee
01-09-2008, 08:02 PM

I know the pain you speak of, very much so.

Like the quote says " Sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue"....:D

Or something like that.:shrug:

Hang in there Spec...help is on the way.

:coffee:

kastofsna
01-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Easier solution - restrict when coaches can be courted and/or leave. Make it standard in all NCAA contracts.
except then the big-time coaches would never sign those contracts. and thus they would eliminate those contracts.

Yankee_In_TX
01-09-2008, 08:31 PM
except then the big-time coaches would never sign those contracts. and thus they would eliminate those contracts.

If the NCAA and major conferences were in, the coaches would have no choice.

kastofsna
01-09-2008, 08:46 PM
which is why that would never happen, there's no incentive for the entire NCAA to join in on such a ridiculous clause in a contract.

threetoedpete
01-10-2008, 03:50 PM

Violation of the commerce clause. Can't retirct the movement of the coaches.
All you can do is hold them accountable for the current contract broken.

The players have no controll currently of the process. They are prety much as I understand it psedo indentured servants.

WesmanTexanfan
01-10-2008, 03:56 PM
rodriguez kinda sounds like a d bag in all that........ hmmmm wonder whats up?

Goldensilence
01-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Looks like Manningham is NFL bound as well as Arrington. Mario def has 1st round talent.

Kind of makes you wonder whats going on behind closed doors at UM. The Rodriguez era is starting off on an odd foot.

kastofsna
01-10-2008, 08:31 PM
not really that odd, both players are good enough to have decent draft grades. and perhaps they felt they wouldn't get a ton of catches in Rodriguez's offense.

and Mallett didn't like the hiring at all from the getgo, that much is obvious.

LonerATO
01-10-2008, 08:36 PM
sucks to be mallet but hey aggie fans could have a new qb coming

HOU-TEX
01-11-2008, 10:58 AM
I've heard Mallet is an a-hole.

IMO, neither one of them are first round talent.:cool:

bah007
01-14-2008, 08:07 PM
sucks to be mallet but hey aggie fans could have a new qb coming

Rumor is that Mallett is going to Arkansas.

A&M is his second choice though, I believe.

Errant Hothy
01-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Manningham offically NFL bound:

www.kffl.com/hotw

NFL | Manningham to enter NFL Draft
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:51:35 -0800

The Associated Press reports Michigan WR Mario Manningham has decided to enter the 2008 NFL Draft.

as is Arrington

NFL | Arrington to enter NFL Draft
Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:05:57 -0800

The Associated Press reports Michigan junior WR Adrian Arrington will enter the NFL Draft.