PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone become more of a Cowboy fan when...

Chance_C
01-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Wade Phillips became the coach? I'm just wondering because I've always been a fan of whoever was playing the Cowboys. But when watching them (2 games ago) and Marion broke off a good run, I yelled go Marion!! I looked around, and sure enough it was me who said it, but I couldn't believe it. Has the departure of Bill Parcells and the arrival of Wade Phillips made anyone look at the cowboys differently? Hell, I even kinda like T.O......someone help me!

ATRAIN
01-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Wade Phillips became the coach? I'm just wondering because I've always been a fan of whoever was playing the Cowboys. But when watching them (2 games ago) and Marion broke off a good run, I yelled go Marion!! I looked around, and sure enough it was me who said it, but I couldn't believe it. Has the departure of Bill Parcells and the arrival of Wade Phillips made anyone look at the cowboys differently? Hell, I even kinda like T.O......someone help me!

LOL your a fan of the players not of the team, in a messed up way thats ok. Now if you would said Brady then we would have a problem hahahha.

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Did anyone become more of a Cowboy fan when...

NO!!!!

And Chance, you should be receive 20 lashes for that. :pirate:

Chance_C
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
LOL your a fan of the players not of the team, in a messed up way thats ok. Now if you would said Brady then we would have a problem hahahha.

No, that's not it. I just can't stand Jerry Jones or Bill Parcells (might like him if he's our coach, but I'm happy with Kubiak), and I think since Wade has become the coach some of the arrogance has worn off, and I like the team more as a result of it.

Chance_C
01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
And Chance, you should be receive 20 lashes for that.

I know, and it's the type of response I expect. I'm just having these feelings and I don't know what to do...
Seriously though, I'm looking forward the their game against the Giants this weekend. Did you know that they have never met in the playoffs before? I think that the Giants are rolling enough that it's gonna be a good game.

ATRAIN
01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
No, that's not it. I just can't stand Jerry Jones or Bill Parcells (might like him if he's our coach, but I'm happy with Kubiak), and I think since Wade has become the coach some of the arrogance has worn off, and I like the team more as a result of it.

Uhhh I haven't seen the arrogance wear off. My roomate is not only a VY homer, but a Cowboy homer. He talks shit about the Texans just to piss me off. I hope they lose next week so I can laugh at him.

GlassHalfFull
01-07-2008, 02:26 PM
I know, and it's the type of response I expect. I'm just having these feelings and I don't know what to do...
Seriously though, I'm looking forward the their game against the Giants this weekend. Did you know that they have never met in the playoffs before? I think that the Giants are rolling enough that it's gonna be a good game.

I suggest serious counseling. The answer to your question is NO

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 02:28 PM

It might be better to remain in the closet on this one...

I thought the Giants looked good yesterday and last week even though they lost to the Patsies.... So, if anything else it should be a good game...

Go Giants.... (that hurt, but....)

HOU-TEX
01-07-2008, 02:29 PM
I'd rather pee against a strong wind with my mouth wide open than support anything related to the Cowboofoos. :elle:

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I'd rather pee against a strong wind with my mouth wide open than support anything related to the Cowboofoos. :elle:

Better than you peeing on my leg and telling me that 'it's raining'.....

HoustonFrog
01-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Already was there decades ago...its ok, I'm a good fan and spend my time here for the Texans:shades:

Chance_C
01-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Already was there decades ago...its ok, I'm a good fan and spend my time here for the Texans

Texans' fan first and foremost. Can't even say I'm a Cowboys' fan because I'm not. But the disdain for them was softened with the hiring of Phillips. Never even logged on to a Cowboys' board.

SheTexan
01-07-2008, 02:54 PM
I like and respect Wade Phillips so it makes it hard to feel the SAME intense dislike for the "girls" I have felt for so many years, BUT, NO way in hell would I EVER want them to win!! I wouldn't care if my grandson was playing for them, or I was sleeping with the coach!:cool: SO, dear friend, the answer is NO!! Repect the man, remain a Cowboy hater!!:fans:

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 02:56 PM
I like and respect Wade Phillips so it makes it hard to feel the SAME intense dislike for the "girls" I have felt for so many years, BUT, NO way in hell would I EVER want them to win!! I wouldn't care if my grandson was playing for them, or I was sleeping with the coach!:cool: SO, dear friend, the answer is NO!! Repect the man, remain a Cowboy hater!!:fans:

I kinda dig his daughter..... :winky:

Wade Phillips has a hot daughter (http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45218&highlight=Wade+Phillips+daughter)

austintexanite
01-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Nope, I actually laughed when he was named their coach. A lot of friends of mine are Cowboy fans and they didn't really say anything good about him.

GlassHalfFull
01-07-2008, 03:17 PM
I would love to see Dread's response to this question. Calling Dread, we need you in this thread.

Double Barrel
01-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Did anyone become more of a Cowboy fan when... Wade Phillips became the coach?

With my ever growing hatred of anything Tennessee Titans, I have to admit that I don't hate the Cowboys like I used to.

So, recently I tried to not dislike them...but I failed. I'm a failure!! I just couldn't do it. Try as I might, every once of my being has always hated the Cowboys, and when push came to shove, I could give a rat's ass that they're from Texas.

Although, I will admit there is one time that it is allowable to root for the Cowboys: when they play the Titans.

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 03:31 PM
With my ever growing hatred of anything Tennessee Titans, I have to admit that I don't hate the Cowboys like I used to.

So, recently I tried to not dislike them...but I failed. I'm a failure!! I just couldn't do it. Try as I might, every once of my being has always hated the Cowboys, and when push came to shove, I could give a rat's ass that their from Texas.

Although, I will admit there is one time that it is allowable to root for the Cowboys: when they play the Titans.

Awesome post.....

Although, when the Tinnbreds play the Cowgurls, I just pray that both teams come down with flu like symptoms severe enough that neither team can take the field, resulting in a forfeit for both teams.

PapaL
01-07-2008, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't like the Cowboys if we lost our team and they relocated to Houston.

Chance_C
01-07-2008, 03:35 PM

LOL

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 03:38 PM

OUCH!!! Thats a tough one...

If that were to happen, I guess I would retire and live in Hawaii.

ATRAIN
01-07-2008, 03:42 PM

LOL :) aint that the truth!!

StarStruck
01-07-2008, 03:52 PM

I've always been a fan, but I can understand how you feel. We are a welcoming group so get in where you fit in and have fun. That is what I've done here and it has been fun.

HoustonFrog
01-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Texans' fan first and foremost. Can't even say I'm a Cowboys' fan because I'm not. But the disdain for them was softened with the hiring of Phillips. Never even logged on to a Cowboys' board.

That's the funny part. Grew up a diehard Cowboy fan. Still love them. But never have visited a Cowbou board and only come here.

Double Barrel
01-07-2008, 03:58 PM

It's Bud Adams' fault that they weren't the Houston Cowboys to begin with. He made a backroom deal to prevent the NFL from using Rice Stadium, because he knew his AFL could not compete head-to-head with an NFL presence in the same city. The NFL decided to go with Dallas then, so Hunt moved his Dallas Texans to Kansas City and became the Chiefs.

Yet another reason to hate Bud Adams and the rat carcass on his dome.

headsplint
01-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I despise the Cowboys as a team but man I got some love for Romo, Whitten, and Barber. Barber is just sick. Plain sick. and Romo is really fun to watch, he pulls some stuff out of his ass that blows me away. I can respect individuals on the Cowboys but the team as a whole blows. Still have to say though Go Giants!!! (this weekend)

cuppacoffee
01-07-2008, 04:35 PM
when...:pigfly:

and hell freezes over.

Go Giants...:play:

:coffee:

SheTexan
01-07-2008, 04:47 PM
and Romo is really fun to watch, he pulls some stuff out of his ass that blows me away.

OH I could have SOOO much fun with that line!! BUT, I'll play nice and keep my fingers from flying all over this keyboard! Just funnin ya, don't be mad!!

MARCIE, TD, WHERE'S THAT PIC I SENT YA!!!!???

adam
01-07-2008, 06:38 PM
No. I have never cheered for the Cowboys, and will never do so.

WesmanTexanfan
01-07-2008, 06:39 PM

k dogg, maybe you should think about an institution, marion is awesome and they are retrded for not playing him more...... but c'mon they are still the cowboys and it still dallas...

THE COWBOYS ARE BETTER WITHOUT TO........ he puts so much presure on tony to give him the ball all the time, thats the only reason hes got high numbers this year and on top of that he drops more balls then ive seen anyone consistantly do at any level...... he sucks, hes over rated, and a cancer to football, sometimes i think players with great skill but are greedy and selfish are worse then players who arnt that good, bad team player, and he has yet to prove me wrong..... if more cowboy fans could visit dallas, theyre would be less of them..... maybe take a trip up 45

Dread-Head
01-07-2008, 07:28 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Become a Cowgirl fan? I'd rather get a prostate exam from Captain Hook during an earthquake, at night, during a blackout while he's wearing his rusty hook with the barbed tip, while he has the shakes AND uncontrollable muscle spasms...WHILE I'm insultin' his mama...AND braggin' about sleepin' with his wife!

Showtime100
01-07-2008, 07:30 PM
The guy has coached the Bills, that didn't soften me up on the Bills either. I can't see a scenario that would make me a Cowboy fan. Geez. There, I posted on this thread and didn't even scream.

GlassHalfFull
01-07-2008, 07:31 PM
I would love to see Dread's response to this question. Calling Dread, we need you in this thread.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO!

Become a Cowgirl fan? I'd rather get a prostate exam from Captain Hook during an earthquake, at night, during a blackout while he's wearing his rusty hook with the barbed tip, while he has the shakes AND uncontrollable muscle spasms...WHILE I'm insultin' his mama...AND braggin' about sleepin' with his wife!

See, I told ya we needed Dread's reply.

GuerillaBlack
01-07-2008, 07:38 PM
It's Bud Adams' fault that they weren't the Houston Cowboys to begin with. He made a backroom deal to prevent the NFL from using Rice Stadium, because he knew his AFL could not compete head-to-head with an NFL presence in the same city. The NFL decided to go with Dallas then, so Hunt moved his Dallas Texans to Kansas City and became the Chiefs.

Yet another reason to hate Bud Adams and the rat carcass on his dome.

You serious? So all of that "history" with the Cowboys would have actually happened in Houston?

Tedc
01-07-2008, 07:42 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/Tedc/failure.jpg

aj.
01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
The only thing Wade does for me is remind me of the need for someone to build a Fan Hall of Fame website for "NFL head coach with the most clueless looks on the sideline." Wade, Pardee, and Capers are first ballot inductees.

HoustonFrog
01-07-2008, 07:58 PM
k dogg, maybe you should think about an institution, marion is awesome and they are retrded for not playing him more...... but c'mon they are still the cowboys and it still dallas...

THE COWBOYS ARE BETTER WITHOUT TO........ he puts so much presure on tony to give him the ball all the time, thats the only reason hes got high numbers this year and on top of that he drops more balls then ive seen anyone consistantly do at any level...... he sucks, hes over rated, and a cancer to football, sometimes i think players with great skill but are greedy and selfish are worse then players who arnt that good, bad team player, and he has yet to prove me wrong..... if more cowboy fans could visit dallas, theyre would be less of them..... maybe take a trip up 45

Are you making this up?Did you see them without TO the other day?Witten had 15 catches in a game and TO has been shut down some games. I think you have your facts screwed up. He dropped alot last year, not this year. TO may be alot of things but this year he hasn't exhinbited the bad behavior and is an All-Pro. The guy played his tail off. He can be a punk...bigtime.. but you are missing the boat on many things.

StarStruck
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/Tedc/failure.jpg

Great that he did. A body is a terrible thing to waste, oops, I think that's suppose to be mind.

Dread-Head
01-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Great that he did. A body is a terrible thing to waste, oops, I think that's suppose to be mind.

The IRONY is that I like Terrel Owens. I became a fan of that big-mouth when he played for the 9ers, scored that TD in Texas stadium and posed in the middle of that damned star. He's one of those jerks who makes the game more fun to watch. Like Chad Johnson. He's an entertainer...although Ocho-Cinco is much better at the "entertainer" aspect. The only thing about T.O. and his big mouth that I DON'T like is the team for whom he CURRENTLY plays.

StarStruck
01-07-2008, 10:30 PM
The IRONY is that I like Terrel Owens. I became a fan of that big-mouth when he played for the 9ers, scored that TD in Texas stadium and posed in the middle of that damned star. He's one of those jerks who makes the game more fun to watch. Like Chad Johnson. He's an entertainer...although Ocho-Cinco is much better at the "entertainer" aspect. The only thing about T.O. and his big mouth that I DON'T like is the team for whom he CURRENTLY plays.

I liked TO when he was with the Niners as well. The star thing wasn't too cool, nevertheless, it was funny. He just took his show to the star in the endzone, and even though he is one of us now, he still has his antics whether it's the endzone star, donating balls to the Salvation Army kettle, or an assortment of other antics. The guy is funny. I also like Ocho-Cinco.

dtran04
01-07-2008, 10:33 PM
I like Wade's goofy fist pump when something goes right for the Cowboys.

Double Barrel
01-08-2008, 10:33 AM
You serious? So all of that "history" with the Cowboys would have actually happened in Houston?

yeah, kind of boggles the mind, 'eh?

StarStruck
01-08-2008, 10:38 AM
yeah, kind of boggles the mind, 'eh?

Would there have been 70K fans coming from everywhere except Houston for each home game?:)

WWJD
01-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Always have loved the Cowboys and frankly I questioned the hiring of Wade...I was wrong. He's done a great job.

Dread-Head
01-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I liked TO when he was with the Niners as well. The star thing wasn't too cool, nevertheless, it was funny. He just took his show to the star in the endzone, and even though he is one of us now, he still has his antics whether it's the endzone star, donating balls to the Salvation Army kettle, or an assortment of other antics. The guy is funny. I also like Ocho-Cinco.

When he's not playing your team, it's hard NOT to like Chad Johnson. The man is the Dennis Rodman of the NFL.

WesmanTexanfan
01-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Are you making this up?Did you see them without TO the other day?Witten had 15 catches in a game and TO has been shut down some games. I think you have your facts screwed up. He dropped alot last year, not this year. TO may be alot of things but this year he hasn't exhinbited the bad behavior and is an All-Pro. The guy played his tail off. He can be a punk...bigtime.. but you are missing the boat on many things.

i stick to it, like the titans would have won with kerry collins on saturday...... he makes the team worse, puts presure on romo to give it to him all the time, the reason they sucked the other night is cuz he makes tony throw to him so much that without him they were lost and that wouldnt happen if he wasnt such a team killer.... its the stefan marburry effect.... good at basketball one on one maybe but because he thinks hes sooooo good he takes the ball and hurts his team.....

The1ApplePie
01-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Been a Cowboy fan for life. Never liked the Oilers, they were always The Greazers in my house.

Of course, look at my age. When I was a young kid, The Cowboys were dominate, while the Oilers had The Comeback put on them, which of course killed the team.

StarStruck
01-10-2008, 04:56 PM
i stick to it, like the titans would have won with kerry collins on saturday...... he makes the team worse, puts presure on romo to give it to him all the time, the reason they sucked the other night is cuz he makes tony throw to him so much that without him they were lost and that wouldnt happen if he wasnt such a team killer.... its the stefan marburry effect.... good at basketball one on one maybe but because he thinks hes sooooo good he takes the ball and hurts his team.....

OH MY GOODNESS! :thinking: Incredible!

TexansLucky13
01-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Someone needs some shock therapy.

WesmanTexanfan
01-10-2008, 05:15 PM
its a yankee city in a southern state....... booooo dallas, i havnt met single decent soul from dallas that likes it, ive met plenty of dalas kids/people who dont like the white non cultured environment that they grew up in and though they might cheer for the cowgirls, they recognize their city's ignorance. i lived with 2 dallas kids for a year, honestly worst year of my life, both from jj pearce in north dallas but dont get me started on highland park people. but my beef with T.O. has nothing to do with the uniform he wears, hes a team killer....