PDA

View Full Version : Jaguars are going to win the superbowl

powerfuldragon
01-07-2008, 12:29 PM
last season, we were the last team to beat the colts before they went on to win the superbowl. this year'll be no different. instead of expounding on this airtight nugget of truth, i'll just tell you that the jags are gonna be pissed that they let us drop a 42-28 steamer on them and use it as motivation to beat the unbeatable pats, from there, they'll beat Sandianapolis in the AFC title game.

Superbowl: Jac v. GB ... brett favre will have to sit out because of osteoporosis in his left hip and maybe some bursitis. Jacksonville wins 24 - 15

GP
01-07-2008, 12:49 PM
last season, we were the last team to beat the colts before they went on to win the superbowl. this year'll be no different. instead of expounding on this airtight nugget of truth, i'll just tell you that the jags are gonna be pissed that they let us drop a 42-28 steamer on them and use it as motivation to beat the unbeatable pats, from there, they'll beat Sandianapolis in the AFC title game.

Superbowl: Jac v. GB ... brett favre will have to sit out because of osteoporosis in his left hip and maybe some bursitis. Jacksonville wins 24 - 15

About 10 minutes before I read your post, I was looking at espn.com and I also had the htought that the Jags are probably the toughest team RIGHT NOW.

I think the Jags win the Super Bowl, which is going to result in a big pile of Jags fans annoying us (and other AFC South teams' fans) forever. And I do mean FOREVER.

Jags will win. They're the Steelers from a few years back: Good running game, savvy QB, and a gritty coach.

TexansLucky13
01-07-2008, 12:52 PM
The weather conditions are favorable in Foxboro for next weekend, according to reports. If that turns out to be true, the Pats win. There isn't a doubt in my mind. No wind, no rain and cold.

Judging from what I saw in the second half of the Steelers-Jags game, I am not impressed with Jax's pass defense. Mathis is a stud, but he is the only standout in the secondary. We all know that they have arguably the most formidable defensive line in football, but the Patriots have one of the best offensive lines.

We will see, but I don't foresee the Patriots giving up anything to the Jaguars. I am only worried about the Colts.

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 12:54 PM
There's a little team up there in Yankee Land that disagrees. Although, I will say that I think right now the Jags would be a tougher test for them then Indy... (right now, that is).

Chance_C
01-07-2008, 12:59 PM
I think the Jags have the best shot of anyone at upsetting them. Ball control offense is what it will take the beat the Pats.

Chance_C
01-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Besides they have one of my two favorite running backs in the NFL right now. How can you not like MJD and Marion the Barbarian Barber?

ATRAIN
01-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Besides they have one of my two favorite running backs in the NFL right now. How can you not like MJD and Marion the Barbarian Barber?

MJD and his little mighty mouse pose is funny

Tedc
01-07-2008, 01:05 PM
The Jags???

:thumbdown

Chance_C
01-07-2008, 01:07 PM
MJD and his little mighty mouse pose is funny

I wouldn't mind seeing him do it for us......instead of against us.

kastofsna
01-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Patriots win big.

hadaad
01-07-2008, 03:00 PM

I am willing to suspend my disbelief for the rest of the post for the sake of humour but if you really expect me to believe that Brett Favre will miss any games, particularly the Super Bowl, you must think I'm a complete nitwit. He'll be under centre if they have his carcass in a wheel barrow. And he'd still throw a touchdown and two interceptions.

PapaL
01-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Can't win if you don't have the ball. I think JAX has a serious shot at losing to IND in the AFC Championship game.

NYG are riding a big wave right now. They are hot at the right time and could easily beat DAL. Though with Eli at QB - I just get the feeling he's going to screw it up somehow.

Double Barrel
01-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Go Pats! Only three more wins until you are the Greatest Team in History. :howdy:

Tedc
01-07-2008, 03:19 PM
NYG are riding a big wave right now. They are hot at the right time and could easily beat DAL.

Are these the same Giants I have been watching barely make the playoffs and had a hard time (first half) against the Bucs??

Beat Dallas??

I really wish I could believe you but I stopped doing drugs years ago....

beerlover
01-07-2008, 03:20 PM
the pats are gonna have to earn it.

whats Hendersons status?

SheTexan
01-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Since this is an opinion board, here goes!!

I'm SICK of the Pats!! End of statement!

I'll never pull for the Colts again, simply because they allowed the Tennheads to make the playoffs by playing their bench warmers.

SOOOOO. GO JAGS!!! I can't believe I'm actually saying that, but, I sincerely mean it! I hope they pull off the supposedly impossible and kick the Pats a**es!!!! They manage that, the Colts/Chargers won't stand a chance. THey are HOT right now, and playing good football.

IF by some chance they make it to the SB and play against GB, my heart and sentiments will be with GB. If that team from up in N. Texas makes it and the Jags play them in the SB, I will go out and buy a black and teal jersey, just for the day!!

axman40
01-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Step away from the crack pipe!
:cowboy1:

gwallaia
01-07-2008, 04:42 PM
If anyone can beat the Pats, its the Jags.

Double Barrel
01-07-2008, 05:45 PM
If anyone can beat the Pats, its the Jags.

They said that about the Colts, Steelers, and Cowboys, too. :howdy:

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 05:54 PM
They said that about the Colts, Steelers, and Cowboys, too. :howdy:

YUP.. I think most people agree with you. The only thing is that the Jags have the right idea going about how to beat the Pats, but as we all know theories and practical applications are two different animals.

TEXANS84
01-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Its simple. All Jacksonville has to do is hit goliath in the mouth (which no team has done all season) and you'll see them fall.
Jacksonville can give them doses of their own medicine.

Bulluck53
01-07-2008, 06:01 PM
They won't win with Del Rio. He tried his best to throw away the Pitt game but couldn't succeed.

Double Barrel
01-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Its simple. All Jacksonville has to do is hit goliath in the mouth (which no team has done all season) and you'll see them fall.

Sure teams have done it. The Giants had punched them with the biggest lead all year, but the Patriots just hang tough and persevere.

Heck, the Colts and Cowboys had leads, too. And let's not forget a Ravens team on MNF.

The Jags lost to NEW ORLEANS, for crying out loud! No team that lost to the Saints this year deserves to go to the Conference Championship game. :shades:

Wolf
01-07-2008, 06:13 PM
follow baltimore's blueprint, Ravens had them on the ropes

if they can

dtran04
01-08-2008, 03:43 PM
JAX is being classy by listing the Patriots with an asterisk next to it on their power rankings. LOL. The class is shown throughout their organization. :)

sakebomb
01-08-2008, 09:59 PM
follow baltimore's blueprint, Ravens had them on the ropes

if they can

I agree. I think the Jags have a good shot. The Jags are a bunch of bad asses and don't take $hit from anyone. That being said I really hate the Jaguars and hope they lose.

I am looking forward to one hell of a weekend of football. What a bunch of great matchups.

mootini
01-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the love!!!:heart: BUT!!! PLEASE don't jinx us with this thread. One game at a time. :bat:

ATX
01-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the love!!!:heart: BUT!!! PLEASE don't jinx us with this thread. One game at a time. :bat:

Oh come on, the Jags will win the Super Bowl, they're unstoppable, way better than an overrated Pats team. :)

Texans_Chick
01-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Are these the same Giants I have been watching barely make the playoffs and had a hard time (first half) against the Bucs??

Beat Dallas??

I really wish I could believe you but I stopped doing drugs years ago....

I think it matters how TO can play with his ankle.

Interesting to see how Wade telling the guys to go away from football weekend helps or hurts. The Cowboys looked rusty bad against the Redskins. And another week off helps how?

Maybe this is wishful thinking as I am a ABC for the Super Bowl--anyone but the cowboys.

Ole Miss Texan
01-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Let's see an all Manning Super Bowl this year. Colts vs Giants!

WWJD
01-09-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't think the Jags will win the Super Bowl but they have been very impressive this year.

And for most of last of the past offseason I was reading that this was going to be a down year for them. Guess not.

They have as good a shot as anybody. Tough defense, solid running game and smart QB.

Del Rio has done a great job.

Blazing Arrow
01-09-2008, 10:46 PM
You do realize the pats have not been eliminated yet correct?

The1ApplePie
01-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Win or lose, the Jags will take out either Moss or Brady:doot:

FILO_girl
01-12-2008, 11:22 AM
PD, you have to admit to that crack habit. It makes you post this stuff.

GB will make a hellacious run at the Big Dance this year. AND...I think Brett will be back next year. He knows I am going to Lambeau to see him. :heart:
:doot:

Ugh...Jags. Dangerous this year but I could NEVER see myself supporting anything that even smells like they are involved. As much as I do not like the Pats...as long as my Pack are not in there...they will be who I would support on the Superbowl run. And I don't like 'em much either. Its a lesser of the two evils thing...

Today is a football fan's dream...awesome lineup! :)

Double Barrel
01-14-2008, 10:26 AM

What was that? I think Goliath just had the Jags for a little snack!

Did Tom Brady even break a sweat? Dude almost threw a perfect game.

TEXANS84
01-14-2008, 10:42 AM
What was that? I think Goliath just had the Jags for a little snack!

Did Tom Brady even break a sweat? Dude almost threw a perfect game.

2 incompletions. Wow.

He should have thrown a perfect game. One of the incompetions hit Welker right in the helmet, and the otherone was a fingertip drop by Stallworth.

Double Barrel
01-14-2008, 10:47 AM
2 incompletions. Wow.

He should have thrown a perfect game. One of the incompetions hit Welker right in the helmet, and the otherone was a fingertip drop by Stallworth.

A buddy of mine has argued with me for years about Tom Brady. I've thought he was an elite QB from the point he started, but he wanted to debate it. This season has obviously swayed the discussion my way.

powerfuldragon
01-14-2008, 11:52 AM
I think it matters how TO can play with his ankle.
speaking of TO, how many of y'all caught his tear shedding.... "He's m-m-my q-q-qu-qu-quarterback..."

Let's see an all Manning Super Bowl this year. Colts vs Giants!
No. that would be nauseating.... i don't want to be force-fed fluff pieces on the manning family... you watch the superbowl for the game and the ads... not because you're psyched that CBS/FOX/NBC is going to cut to archie's craggy face 20 times per minute.

PD, you have to admit to that crack habit. It makes you post this stuff.

crack, no way.... only things that grow out of the ground. and the occasional lysergic vacation...

kastofsna
01-14-2008, 01:14 PM
it's pretty obvious that you can't stop the Patriots offense with your front 4. you have to show some unique blitz patterns to mess with Brady a bit. if you don't do that, you WILL lose, because no matter how good your offense is, you're not going to keep up with the Patriots' offense, who can literally score on every drive if need be.