PDA

View Full Version : Monte Kiffin doesn't have a contract next season...

TheRealJoker
01-06-2008, 01:51 PM
I heard on the game today that Monte Kiffin is not under contract to be DC for the Bucs next season. Monte Kiffin just happens to be my all time favorite DC from when I rooted for the Bucs as my favorite team when the Oilers left town until the Texans came back. I still am a Bucs fan but I have to root against them when they play the Texans.

Back on topic, Kiffin has 8 top 5 defenses in 12 seasons with the Bucs and is the godfather of the Tampa 2 defense. I was pushing Ron Rivera before I heard this but Kiffin taught Ron Rivera and every other defensive assistant that came from the Bucs (HCs like Herm Edwards, Rod Marinelli, and Lovie Smith come to mind) this defense!!!

What are your thoughts on this? I say back a truckload of money onto his doorstep so he can bring the Tampa 2 to Houston!!!

Hardcore Texan
01-06-2008, 01:55 PM
I heard the same thing on the broadcast.....and I thought the same thing. The Texans should pursue him with everything they got.

It would be so sweet to have our young D molded by this guy. Please, please, please, let this happen.

TheRealJoker
01-06-2008, 01:57 PM
After I heard them say that there is nothing I want more this offseason than to have Monte Kiffin as our DC. No player would be as valuable to our team than Monte Kiffin would be as our DC.

Lucky
01-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Kiffin will either remain with the Bucs or join his son, Lane, in Oakland. He's not coming to Houston.

Hardcore Texan
01-06-2008, 02:15 PM
I would like for Ole Bob to see if a few million $ per year can change his mind.

kastofsna
01-06-2008, 02:19 PM
would have to take an obscene amount of money to get Monte to leave Tampa. he LOVES it here, for MANY reasons. i don't think he'll even consider joining his son in Oakland he loves it here so much.

The Pencil Neck
01-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Dude. Don't even get your hopes up. Really. Ain't gonna happen.

Lucky
01-06-2008, 02:33 PM
I would like for Ole Bob to see if a few million $ per year can change his mind.
Kubiak makes $2 million/year. Do you think they would offer an assistant more than the head coach makes? That's probably what will keep Kiffin out of Oakland, seeing that Monte already makes more than his son.

TexanSam
01-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Kiffin will either remain with the Bucs or join his son, Lane, in Oakland. He's not coming to Houston.

Lane Kiffin wanted to get rid of Rob Ryan as the DC in Oakland, but apparently Al Davis didn't let him.

Specnatz
01-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Lane Kiffin wanted to get rid of Rob Ryan as the DC in Oakland, but apparently Al Davis didn't let him.

Yeah I was going to post the same thing. It seems as they are saying .......... Not so fast my friend Ryan might not be as gone as first reported.

Hardcore Texan
01-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Kubiak makes $2 million/year. Do you think they would offer an assistant more than the head coach makes? That's probably what will keep Kiffin out of Oakland, seeing that Monte already makes more than his son.

Okay....so I can't recall off the top of my head what Kubiak makes, but thanks for insinuating that I don't understand how the infrastructure and payscale correlate to one another.

I thought the drift of what I said was understood.

How's this, how about paying him $1.95 million per year or give Kubes a raise and bring in Kiffin at an appropriate amount below the Head Coach but still more than he makes now. Is that better?

My point is I was speaking in general terms. And I also don't know what Kiffin makes, I would just love it if he were to land here. My first thought after hearing that in today's game was that is HIGHLY unlikely he leaves TB.