PDA

View Full Version : Jaguars To Raise Ticket Prices

Wolf
01-04-2008, 05:38 PM
JAGUARS TO RAISE TICKET PRICES by Michael David Smith

It might seem strange for a team to follow up a season in which it couldn’t sell out its home games by raising ticket prices, but the Jacksonville Jaguars are prepared to do it.

Vito Stellino of the Times-Union reports that the Jaguars are raising prices from $2 to $8 per ticket per game. The cheap seats in 2008 will go for $390 for the 10-game season ticket package, which is an increase from $360 in 2007.

The increase is despite the fact that the Jaguars had three home blackouts in 2007. But Stellino reports that the Jaguars think they’ll sell out every home game in 2008, both because they made the playoffs this year and because they have a more attractive slate of visiting teams, including the Steelers and Packers.

The Jaguars’ average ticket price in 2007 was $64.33 for lower bowl and $38.33 for upper bowl. Only four teams in the league had cheaper tickets.

But no matter how low the prices or how good the team, the Jaguars apparently have no plans to change their policy of covering up 10,000 seats at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium. That policy was put into place after the 2004 season, when the Jaguars managed to sell out just two games.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Blazing Arrow
01-04-2008, 05:40 PM
In related news Jags order more tarps to cover their stands.

TEXANS84
01-04-2008, 05:42 PM
I expect ticket prices to raise on us as well. They raised after the 7-9 season, why should they not on our immaculate 8-8 season?

mexican_texan
01-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I expect ticket prices to raise on us as well. They raised after the 7-9 season, why should they not on our immaculate 8-8 season?
Sucks for y'all. Hope the scalpers aren't affected.

But anyway, its not like there's anyone to complain about Jaguars ticket prices, except maybe companies who make the black tarp.

Double Barrel
01-04-2008, 06:20 PM

Shoot, man, mine went up after the 2-14 season!! :elle:

TEXANS84
01-04-2008, 06:31 PM

I think you're actually right, I believe mine went up about $4.00 per seat per game.

Second Honeymoon
01-04-2008, 06:33 PM

Yes they did. And remember they made us pay the first installment BEFORE they made a decision on whether to retain Carr and/or draft Young. That was the closest I ever came to losing my PSL and not renewing. I am glad we re-upped even with them keeping Carr and blowing it but to this day my dad still hasn't totally bought into what the Texans are doing since they resigned Carr and let Young go to Bud. It was a tough pill for my old man to swallow and to be honest, he still hasn't bought into the new regime. Mario playing well gives him a glimmer but not enough to really make a difference. Kinda sucks because now he gives up his ticket half the time and that was good father-son time. Oh well, his loss I guess.