PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Jerome is giving up to Andre

Joe Texan
01-04-2008, 12:45 AM
MANVEL, Texas -- A Houston Texans player was once again cited for allowing his pit bulls to escape his Brazoria County property, KPRC Local 2 reported Thursday.

Jerome Mathis, 24, is a wide receiver for the Texans.

"To find out that this incident last night happened where it's just three days prior to his court appearance is absurd. I just can't believe an animal owner would be that reckless," said a female witness, who did not want to be identified.

Joe Texan
01-04-2008, 12:49 AM
http://www.click2houston.com/news/14974297/detail.html#

Maddict5
01-04-2008, 08:35 AM
sorry but i missed the part in the article where it says he set the pitbulls after AD (judging by the thread title) :)

BigWig
01-04-2008, 08:49 AM
We need Tedc to translate, he is the only one who knows Joe Texantalk!

Thorn
01-04-2008, 09:21 AM
hummm.....could mean that Mathis is gone after this incident, and by default AD takes over his role.

As if that hadn't already been decieded. LOL

Ole Miss Texan
01-04-2008, 09:55 AM
wow, I thought this was a re-post of when this happened earlier, it happend again!!???? Come on Jerome.

The Pencil Neck
01-04-2008, 11:23 AM
wow, I thought this was a re-post of when this happened earlier, it happend again!!???? Come on Jerome.

Yeah, it happened again. They even mention in the article how bad that's going to look because he's about to go into a hearing for his FIRST offense.

disaacks3
01-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Yep, 740 was all over it this morning on the drive in. I immediately got the implication of the thread title. (esp. given McNair's ongoing comments about high-character guys)

GlassHalfFull
01-04-2008, 11:45 AM
My canine escape artist passed away this fall. She could get out of any yard, and as soon as you blocked one hole, she found another. Luckily, she was a sweetheart and never appeared threatening to anyone. I had tags with our address and phone number on them, and I can't tell you how many times I got calls from someone saying they had found my dog. The whole neighborhood ended up knowing her and returning her.

So initially, I had some sympathy for Mathis and could understand how even a responsible pet owner's dogs could get out. However, when I got to the part of the story where the dogs were unvaccinated, he lost my sympathy. Mathis can afford the vet bill's and if he isn't vaccinating his pet's, I have my doubts about how responsible he is being in other areas.

I am not one to jump on the pit bulls are bad animal's bandwagon. But, if you own them in today's climate of pit bull fear - you need to be especially careful.

eriadoc
01-04-2008, 12:06 PM
My canine escape artist passed away this fall. She could get out of any yard, and as soon as you blocked one hole, she found another. Luckily, she was a sweetheart and never appeared threatening to anyone. I had tags with our address and phone number on them, and I can't tell you how many times I got calls from someone saying they had found my dog. The whole neighborhood ended up knowing her and returning her.

So initially, I had some sympathy for Mathis and could understand how even a responsible pet owner's dogs could get out. However, when I got to the part of the story where the dogs were unvaccinated, he lost my sympathy. Mathis can afford the vet bill's and if he isn't vaccinating his pet's, I have my doubts about how responsible he is being in other areas.

I am not one to jump on the pit bulls are bad animal's bandwagon. But, if you own them in today's climate of pit bull fear - you need to be especially careful.

According to the story of the first incident, the dogs had chased people into their abodes and up onto cars to avoid being attacked. So, while pit bulls may or may not be bad dogs, HIS pit bulls were aggressive. It is only common sense to keep your aggressive dogs (of whatever breed) confined. If they do escape, and you face charges, you damn sure better make sure they stay confined in the future.

Mathis failed all intelligence-related criteria in these incidents. Add this to his extensive injury resume, and he should be fired.

steelbtexan
01-04-2008, 12:16 PM
According to the story of the first incident, the dogs had chased people into their abodes and up onto cars to avoid being attacked. So, while pit bulls may or may not be bad dogs, HIS pit bulls were aggressive. It is only common sense to keep your aggressive dogs (of whatever breed) confined. If they do escape, and you face charges, you damn sure better make sure they stay confined in the future.

Mathis failed all intelligence-related criteria in these incidents. Add this to his extensive injury resume, and he should be fired.

Traded for a 4th or 5th rd.pick.

steelbtexan
01-04-2008, 12:17 PM
To Atlanta

adam
01-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Oh lord. This guy is an embarrassment. Considering Andre Davis' breakout season on special teams, I would say that he nothing more than dead weight on an all ready chubby team.

Bye bye Jerome.

Texanfan4ever
01-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Immediately if not sooner.

TheRealJoker
01-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Is Cincy in the market for an injury prone KR?

Hardcore Texan
01-04-2008, 02:11 PM

Great line. That's so true, as much money as he makes as a pro athelete, he needs to get his head out of his butt and handle his business, geez.

Joe Texan
01-04-2008, 02:21 PM
I had an aggressive escape artist Lab named Toro, He tried to bite my neighbor and it was off to the spca for him. If it had been a pit bull then I probably would have done it sooner. There is no room for an agressive dog where children play.

YellerLotYeller
01-04-2008, 02:37 PM
I feel sorry for the people who spent TOO much money on his pro-bowl jersey.

Yankee_In_TX
01-04-2008, 02:39 PM
To Atlanta

Ziiiiing! Too soon? Too soon?

FILO_girl
01-04-2008, 05:28 PM

Sorry to hear of your dog's passing...was she a dachshund by chance? I can't keep my escape artist in the yard either. I have posted about her before, and her Underground Weiner dog Railway system. Short of a concrete moat surrounding the fence...what can you do? :shades: But she is vaccinated, tagged and not a threat, unlike Jerome's problems....