PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Selling Tix To Locals Only

Drew_Smoke
01-03-2008, 03:55 PM
What a great idea! The Texans should use this policy for PSLs too.

Drew_Smoke
01-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Or maybe not...

Ticketmaster to Sell Giants-Buccaneers Tickets to New York Fans

By Aaron Kuriloff

Jan. 3 (Bloomberg) -- Ticketmaster opened sales of tickets to the New York Giants-Tampa Bay Buccaneers National Football League playoff game, ending a restriction limiting sales to Floridians, New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo said.

Cuomo said in a news release that Ticketmaster, the largest seller of U.S. sports and concert tickets, ended the restriction after his office told IAC/InteractiveCorp.'s unit that the ban raised ``significant legal issues'' and was causing fraud as consumers tried to get around it.

The Star-Ledger of Newark, New Jersey, reported yesterday that New York fans who attempted to buy tickets to the Jan. 6 game in Tampa, Florida, using Ticketmaster's Web site received a message telling them that only Florida residents could purchase seats. A Buccaneers' spokesman told the newspaper the policy was an attempt by the team to ensure Florida fans see the NFL game.
A message left with IAC's communications office wasn't immediately returned.

Texan_Bill
01-03-2008, 03:58 PM

Link please.... :texflag:

Specnatz
01-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Link please.... :texflag:

I am not sure about the link but I saw this yesterday on espin, they were talking about the Eagles did this in a playoff game against the Cowgirls.

Texan_Bill
01-03-2008, 04:04 PM
I am not sure about the link but I saw this yesterday on espin, they were talking about the Eagles did this in a playoff game against the Cowgirls.

I was over on the deck and they were more worried about getting sold out in time to avoid a black-out. They never mentioned anything about how the tickets were being sold.

StarStruck
01-03-2008, 04:21 PM
So, if there are Texans fans living in other states, they shouldn't be able to buy Texans tickets because they aren't locals? I can see why that would raise legal issues, and I can also see locals buying the tickets and making huge profits because of supply and demand.

Double Barrel
01-03-2008, 04:28 PM

PSLs have already been bought and sold. The Texans would be in for a heckuva' lawyer fight if they tried to cancel PSLs because of an attempt to stock Texans fans.

Drew_Smoke
01-03-2008, 06:30 PM
The Chargers did it last year in the playoff game vs. New England, too.

disaacks3
01-03-2008, 06:47 PM
I'd be willing to bet that there ARE serious legal issues regarding limitation of sales to local state residents only...especially from somebody like Ticketmaster.

Say what you will about the NY AG office, but they DO get things done.