PDA

View Full Version : Chron: "Dunta tackles rehab like it's a receiver"

TexanSam
01-02-2008, 01:51 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5418063.html

THERE'S a depression one deals with when he or she rehabs after a major injury.

Dunta Robinson knows nothing of this condition.

The Texans cornerback has attacked his rehab with the same intensity with which he goes after opponents on the football field. Intensity that doesn't allow room for doubt.

Remember that if you think about questioning whether Robinson will be the same player once he returns after surgery on his right knee.

"Not be the same? That ain't gonna be the case," Robinson said in a phone interview as he was leaving a rehab session Tuesday evening. "If I can walk, I can run. I will be back, and I will be me.

The most likely scenario calls for Robinson, 25, to be placed on the physically unable to perform list entering camp. If he isn't ready at the start of the season, he would not be eligible to be activated until after the sixth game.

Though he has been told he is ahead of schedule in the rehab, he smartly realizes to rush would be foolish.

"If it takes a little bit longer, then it takes a little longer," Robinson said. "I'm not going to jump out there at 75 percent and hurt myself again."

But you can bet he's going to jump out there.

Grid
01-02-2008, 02:28 AM
Well thats good to hear. This doesnt make me feel any better about his returning at 100%.. but he obviously has the right attitude and determination. If he doesnt return at 100%, it wont be because he didnt put in the effort.

Texans34Life
01-02-2008, 07:29 AM
AJ and Dunta - cornerstones of this franchise. End of story.

hookinreds
01-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Good read, thanks for posting. Unfortunately, we head into the offseason with an unknown at that position, but at least we draft a CB because we need one whether DR comes back as a CB or S, because we are short there regardless.

Porky
01-02-2008, 10:05 AM
I wonder if he will ever be the same, but if anyone can do it, it's Dunta. I wouldn't count on him being a real factor at all in 08. If he doesn't have the same speed as before, could he move to FS?

01-02-2008, 04:13 PM
I wonder if he will ever be the same, but if anyone can do it, it's Dunta. I wouldn't count on him being a real factor at all in 08. If he doesn't have the same speed as before, could he move to FS?

dunta will live and die a CB. he's not marcus coleman, he's legit.

BigBull17
01-03-2008, 02:30 PM
He may not be a number 1 CB when he returns, but who knows, maybe we draft a good one and he plays nickle back. This is of corse if he doesnt have the same speed he did before.

Double Barrel
01-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Even a 80% D.Rob is still better than the majority of CBs in the NFL.

I think he'll be better than 80%, though. With his drive, determination, and work ethic, it would not surprise me to see him near his top form by the end of next season.