PDA

View Full Version : MMQB: Schaub and Texans

The Pencil Neck
01-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Check it out:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/12/30/week17/6.html

h. If Matt Schaub's any good, Houston's going to win 10 games next year and be the second wild-card team. You read it here first.

:fans:

adam
01-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Those are nice words. However, this is the same magazine that predicted Carolina would win the Super Bowl last year.

sakebomb
01-01-2008, 10:22 AM
I've always thought he was a smart guy.:)

The Pencil Neck
01-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Those are nice words. However, this is the same magazine that predicted Carolina would win the Super Bowl last year.

It's not about the prediction, it's about the good words. It's always rare for anyone to predict anything good for us. So it's nice to see someone not predicting a 4-12 season.

As for the prediction, I'm a firm believer that the experts' knowledge doesn't give them any more ability to pick winners and losers than the normal fan. And I think there are several people in our pick'em fantasy league that bear that out.

mexican_texan
01-01-2008, 01:32 PM
He's been quick to praise the Texans. He had us in his "fine fifteen" two or three times this season.

Errant Hothy
01-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Check it out:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/12/30/week17/6.html

h. If Matt Schaub's any good, Houston's going to win 10 games next year and be the second wild-card team. You read it here first.

:fans:

I wish hoping that Matt is what the coaches think he is was the only issue with this team.

eriadoc
01-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Hey, in 11 games, Matt Schaub only threw 9 picks this season. Of course, I could point out other stats of note, but since I'm a Schaub fan, I'll leave it at that. :)

adam
01-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Hey, in 11 games, Matt Schaub only threw 9 picks this season. Of course, I could point out other stats of note, but since I'm a Schaub fan, I'll leave it at that. :)

One could say that in 11 games he only threw 9 TDs as well. :)

Either way, I want to see him get some action next season. Hopefully, he is everything that he was cracked up to be. If he isn't, Sage has shown us that he is the real deal and I would gladly accept him as the starter if Schaub were to lay a turd next season. I have enough faith in Schaub to see what he can do. I'll give him 5 games before I start calling for his head. Also, if he gets injured next season, I think it will be a clear sign of where this is going.

SICLICK
01-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Next season will tell me what I need to know about Matt Schaub.