View Full Version : Cam Cameron Fired

kastofsna
12-31-2007, 03:50 AM
probably as early as tomorrow. oh well.

and Detroit might want him as OC.

edit: it's official. Cameron got fired.

kastofsna
12-31-2007, 03:52 AM
as for Miami's next coach....Tony Sparano, probably. current Dallas assistant head coach and o-line coach. apparently his mentality is the opposite of Cameron's. definitely a Parcells kinda guy.

Specnatz
12-31-2007, 04:42 AM
How stupid!

kiwitexansfan
12-31-2007, 12:22 PM
That is pretty stupid, how are you supposed to implement your system, get your personnel in place, turn a team around in one year.

On top of that the Dolphins played hard all year from what I have seen/heard which speaks volumes for Cameron's efforts.

This would be another example of why the Dolphins are such a bad organisation, they can't leave well enough alone.

kastofsna
12-31-2007, 01:02 PM
GM Randy Mueller has officially been fired today.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/362372.html

also fired are director of player personnel Mike Baugh and college scouting coordinator Rick Thompson.

SF49erFaithful
01-02-2008, 02:36 AM
as for Miami's next coach....Tony Sparano, probably. current Dallas assistant head coach and o-line coach. apparently his mentality is the opposite of Cameron's. definitely a Parcells kinda guy.
What is Cameron's mentality exactly?

mexican_texan
01-02-2008, 02:52 AM
What is Cameron's mentality exactly?
Judging from his almost winless season, he's "mentally" gone.

kastofsna
01-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Sparano is a lot like Parcells in that he's a no-nonsense guy who will shout and scream and belittle you if he has to, Cameron is the opposite. real calm, doesn't raise his voice much, etc

kastofsna
01-02-2008, 01:26 PM
also looks like Miami's new defensive coordinator is going to be Todd Bowles, current Cowboys secondary coach.

which means good ole Dom Capers is going to be gone.

The Pencil Neck
01-02-2008, 02:29 PM
which means good ole Dom Capers is going to be gone.

Hey. Maybe Parcells will make Dom the new HC!

That would be cool.

Not for you, though.

SF49erFaithful
01-02-2008, 05:19 PM
So when's this dude gonna get the axe?

kastofsna
01-02-2008, 06:09 PM
if it happens i'd prefer sooner rather than later. the GM is gone, the DC is gone, we desperately need a new ST coach.

SF49erFaithful
01-02-2008, 06:43 PM
In light of a recent report about Gailey being a possibility for the 49ers next OC, I was curious, how was he as Miami's OC back in 2000?

kastofsna
01-02-2008, 07:26 PM
we probably had our best offense since Marino retired under Gailey. nothing exciting, but consistent. considering our QB was Jay Fiedler, our RB was Lamar Smith, and our leading receiver was Orande Gadsden, that's saying something. there was a small contingent of people who wanted Gailey to be Dolphins HC last year.

kastofsna
01-02-2008, 07:32 PM
PFT reporting that Cameron was informed last night that he's gone.

SF49erFaithful
01-02-2008, 07:56 PM
PFT reporting that Cameron was informed last night that he's gone.

I read that, but PFT doesn't exactly have the best sources. So it could be hogwash.

kastofsna
01-02-2008, 08:09 PM
yes but they get some things right well in advance too many times for me to ignore them.

texasguy346
01-03-2008, 06:19 AM
I wonder how it will be before the Tuna gives Chris Palmer a call to be the OC.

GuerillaBlack
01-03-2008, 09:18 AM
I read that, but PFT doesn't exactly have the best sources. So it could be hogwash.

yes but they get some things right well in advance too many times for me to ignore them.

He was fired. Heard it on Mike and Mike just now.

PapaL
01-03-2008, 09:38 AM
It's on the ESPN website; link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3178646)

Cameron out as Dolphins coach

Dolphins coach Cam Cameron was fired Thursday morning, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports, continuing the team's shakeup following the hiring of Bill Parcells as head of football operations.

Cameron's fate was decided a day after the Dolphins hired Jeff Ireland as their new general manager and less than a week after Cameron finished a 1-15 season in his first year as an NFL head coach.

Parcells' call also means the Dolphins will have their fifth head coach in five seasons in 2008.

Bad personnel decisions over the past decade are a major reason for the decline of the Dolphins, once a perennial playoff team. They're sitting out the postseason for the sixth year in a row, and only an overtime win against Baltimore last month prevented them from becoming the NFL's first 0-16 team.

PapaL
01-03-2008, 09:43 AM
So Bill brings in Jeff Ireland from Dallas to be the new GM.
Possibly bringing in Todd Bowles as the DC.

So what does that say about the young and up and coming OC of the Cowboys? Could he also be on Bill's radar?

kastofsna
01-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Capers has been fired, too. as has Houck, our great o-line coach. and the ST coach Keith Armstrong who is terrible, so sayonara to him.

oh well. i feel bad for Cameron.

eriadoc
01-03-2008, 11:26 AM
We should go after Houck.

TEXANS84
01-03-2008, 11:32 AM
We don't need Houck after our great 22 sack season.

eriadoc
01-03-2008, 11:35 AM
We don't need Houck after our great 22 sack season.

That stat only means slightly more to me than Carr's 69% completion ratio, or whatever it was. Meaningless.

TEXANS84
01-03-2008, 11:35 AM
That stat only means slightly more to me than Carr's 69% completion ratio, or whatever it was. Meaningless.

I should have put the "sarcasm" smilie with it.

eriadoc
01-03-2008, 11:36 AM
I should have put the "sarcasm" smilie with it.

Ahh! My apologies for misreading :)

kastofsna
01-03-2008, 12:11 PM
apparently Bob Knight told Parcells to get rid of Cameron. they were both head coaches at Indiana at the same time, apparently Knight wasn't a big fan.

kastofsna
01-03-2008, 12:21 PM
We should go after Houck.
yes you should. but reports are that he's retiring now.

drewmar74
01-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Sounds like the Tuna wants to keep Ricky around....

Bill Parcells apparently has reached out to at least one player whose Dolphins future appears in doubt -- Ricky Williams. Williams' agent, Leigh Steinberg, wrote in an e-mail to The Miami Herald that Williams received a letter from the Dolphins dated Dec. 31 and signed by Parcells renewing Williams' contract for 2008. Steinberg wrote that he will wait until Parcells has a chance to settle in with the Dolphins before contacting him. Steinberg also wrote that Williams is doing well in his rehabilitation from a torn pectoral muscle that ended his 2007 season after six carries against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Nov. 26.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/365133.html

kastofsna
01-03-2008, 02:36 PM
it's kinda funny to see Ricky still around since a few days ago Parcells made this speech about not wanting "dope smokers" and "pretty boys" on his team.

kastofsna
01-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Meanwhile, Chris Mortensen of ESPN has confirmed through sources that the Dolphins will consider six NFL assistants as Cameron's successor. Tony Sparano, the Cowboys' assistant head, is considered the favorite at this point. The other candidates:

• Maurice Carthon, Cardinals running backs coach
• Todd Haley, Cardinals offensive coordinator
• Mike Tice, Jaguars assistant head coach/tight ends
• Rex Ryan, Ravens defensive coordinator
• Leslie Frazier, Vikings defensive coordinator

SF49erFaithful
01-03-2008, 03:41 PM
I think the niners will make a strong push for Cameron. Should be exciting.

Specnatz
01-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Meanwhile, Chris Mortensen of ESPN has confirmed through sources that the Dolphins will consider six NFL assistants as Cameron's successor. Tony Sparano, the Cowboys' assistant head, is considered the favorite at this point. The other candidates:

Maurice Carthon, Cardinals running backs coach
Todd Haley, Cardinals offensive coordinator
Mike Tice, Jaguars assistant head coach/tight ends
Rex Ryan, Ravens defensive coordinator
Leslie Frazier, Vikings defensive coordinator

Mike Singletary needs to be considered.

kastofsna
01-03-2008, 04:19 PM
no thanks.

mexican_texan
01-03-2008, 04:50 PM
no thanks.
Oh, really now?

HOU-TEX
01-03-2008, 05:03 PM
no thanks.

Oh, really now?

Sure, who would want someone like Singletary when you've got masterminds like Mike Tice out there? :rolleyes:

For those that didn't get the rolling eyes smiley.

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

kastofsna
01-03-2008, 05:16 PM
who said i wanted Tice?

i'll take a guy like Sparano who not only has what Singletary offers with this disciplinary and motivational tactics but his pure abilities as a coordinator, which i've not seen from Singletary at all.

Mr. White
01-03-2008, 05:23 PM
who said i wanted Tice?

Why the hell not? :pirate: The boat parties in Florida would get way hotter with "the Captain" at the helm.

kastofsna
01-03-2008, 07:59 PM
The Dolphins are expected to target Giants QBs coach Chris Palmer to be their offensive coordinator if they hire Cowboys assistant head coach/offense Tony Sparano as head coach.
Palmer coached the quarterbacks under Bill Parcells in both New England and Dallas. Sparano is considered the leading candidate to succeed Cam Cameron, although Miami hasn't formally contacted him yet about an interview. Sparano will interview for the Falcons' head coaching gig on Friday.

TEXANS84
01-03-2008, 11:13 PM
LOL, Chris Palmer

Specnatz
01-04-2008, 12:41 AM
The Dolphins are expected to target Giants QBs coach Chris Palmer to be their offensive coordinator if they hire Cowboys assistant head coach/offense Tony Sparano as head coach.
Palmer coached the quarterbacks under Bill Parcells in both New England and Dallas. Sparano is considered the leading candidate to succeed Cam Cameron, although Miami hasn't formally contacted him yet about an interview. Sparano will interview for the Falcons' head coaching gig on Friday.

Chris has done wonders with Eli, I mean he is just a chip off the old block and has as much talent as older brother has in his little finger.

kastofsna
01-04-2008, 12:55 AM
success as a position coach doesn't translate to success as a coordinator. and so on.

Hagar
01-04-2008, 02:21 PM
I'll be honest and say up front that I don't know a lot about Chris Palmer, but I really don't think you should judge him on his work with the Texans. Our coaching philosophy was pretty messed up under Dom and I can see how things would get pretty weird for his OC.

Palmer has had some success at New England and Dallas, so he must have something on the ball. Especially to work for Parcells, who I bet is a real task master.

kastofsna
01-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Chris Mortensen reporting that Tony Sparano would prefer coaching the Ravens.

Baltimore press reporting, however, that the Ravens are close to getting Jason Garrett.

mexican_texan
01-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Chris Mortensen reporting that Tony Sparano would prefer coaching the Ravens.

Baltimore press reporting, however, that the Ravens are close to getting Jason Garrett.
I doubt JJ lets Garrett go.

kastofsna
01-06-2008, 07:48 PM
in order for him to keep Garrett from fleeing to Baltimore or somewhere else, he'd have to basically just promote him to head coach right away.

mexican_texan
01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
in order for him to keep Garrett from fleeing to Baltimore or somewhere else, he'd have to basically just promote him to head coach right away.
According to PFT, Jones might do just that.

Specnatz
01-06-2008, 08:04 PM

Not neccessarily, Redskins signed D-Cord Williams to a specific contract that prevented teams from taking him as a HC without having to give up draft picks so depending on the structure of a contract it is completely possible to sign Garrett and keep him as offensive Coor without losing him as a HC for a few years.

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2008, 08:44 PM
According to PFT, Jones might do just that.

The hell? Let Wade go in just one year?

BSofA04
01-07-2008, 02:26 AM
The hell? Let Wade go in just one year?

As dumb as it sounds, JJ would be the man to do just that. Wade Phillips was supposed to be a puppet for him until Jarrett was ready to take over. Hell, I say do it. This way we can bring Wade home on the Texans staff.

kastofsna
01-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Miami has hired David Lee as quarterbacks coach. he was the offensive coordinator at Ole Miss and--surprise surprise--worked for Parcells in Dallas.

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Miami has hired David Lee as quarterbacks coach. he was the offensive coordinator at Ole Miss and--surprise surprise--worked for Parcells in Dallas.

I thought he was on tour with Van Halen... Don't tell me they imploded already.... :gun:

mexican_texan
01-07-2008, 04:49 PM
I thought he was on tour with Van Halen... Don't tell me they imploded already.... :gun:
No, he's talking about the guy that used to play for the Knicks.

Texan_Bill
01-07-2008, 04:56 PM
No, he's talking about the guy that used to play for the Knicks.

Right on!! I got it, now.

SF49erFaithful
01-08-2008, 01:41 AM
Just a little update on Cameron -

The 49ers and Rams are reportedly interested in him for their vacant OC spots. Also there have been rumors that Marty will be hired in Balt and will bring in Cam as OC. FWIW.....

The Pencil Neck
01-08-2008, 01:46 AM
Just a little update on Cameron -

The 49ers and Rams are reportedly interested in him for their vacant OC spots. Also there have been rumors that Marty will be hired in Balt and will bring in Cam as OC. FWIW.....

I've heard that it's BRIAN Schottenheimer that's been interviewed at Baltimore.

SF49erFaithful
01-08-2008, 01:52 AM
I've heard that it's BRIAN Schottenheimer that's been interviewed at Baltimore.

I believe I've read that Brain is indeed a candidate, but the info I reported was relayed from Jay Flazer on TV....I think he said Marty but I could be wrong.