PDA

View Full Version : 8-8

kiwitexansfan
12-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Just thought I would say it feels weird getting to 8-8.

I thought it would be exciting or a relief but the feeling I have is hunger.

Not being losers isn't good enough, we need to win, a lot.

Too bad we have to wait till next year to do it.

Thorn
12-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Screw it. We are no longer a losing team. I love it.

Next year we'll worry about when we get there.

brakos82
12-30-2007, 03:57 PM
8-8... better than Caserly will ever do :user:

Wolf
12-30-2007, 03:57 PM
with all the injuries, I do love that we were able to make .500

mimartin
12-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Screw it. We are no longer a losing team. I love it.

Next year we'll worry about when we get there.

Yet, the Texans are not a winning team either. Nothing I see to get excited over. I thought they would be a lot further along by now.

It at least Kubiak seems to have them pointed in the right direction. They just need depth to survive when the injury bug bites and they need to draft something other than another defensive lineman.

rollinstone18
12-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Our first non-losing season!

:fans:

I'd feel better if our D didn't stink it up against Quinn Gray, but the future still looks bright for this team.

Mr PC
12-30-2007, 04:03 PM
My password login has been "eightandeight" since before the season started. Feels good to finally achieve a .500 season, now I can change my password.

8-8 in the toughest division in football, with more injuries than any other NFL team. Good job Texans.

brakos82
12-30-2007, 04:05 PM
My password login has been "eightandeight" since before the season started. Feels good to finally achieve a .500 season, now I can change my password.

8-8 in the toughest division in football, with more injuries than any other NFL team. Good job Texans.
I think you'll have to. :user:

Thorn
They just need depth to survive when the injury bug bites and they need to draft something other than another defensive lineman.

The offseason shall prove interesting.

axman40
Yet, the Texans are not a winning team either. Nothing I see to get excited over. I thought they would be a lot further along by now.

It at least Kubiak seems to have them pointed in the right direction. They just need depth to survive when the injury bug bites and they need to draft something other than another defensive lineman.
There are a couple of things that have me excited about next season.
1. Reduce turnovers,next year the Texans have to hang onto the ball better.
2. This year due to injuries we had to allow backups get playing time which should help our depth for next season.
If the Texans improve those 2 areas I see a winning season in 08!
:fans::texflag::cool:

mimartin
12-30-2007, 04:06 PM
My password login has been "eightandeight" since before the season started. Feels good to finally achieve a .500 season, now I can change my password.It worked, next year try nineteenandzero.

1. Reduce turnovers,next year the Texans have to hang onto the ball better.
How much of the lost turnovers improvement can be contributed to getting rid of one player? Still they have way too many turnovers, but you are correct they did improve. I just think most of that was due to having different quarterback at the helm.

Thorn
12-30-2007, 04:09 PM
My password login has been "eightandeight" since before the season started.

And your bank account is? .......

valleytexfan
12-30-2007, 04:09 PM
I'll take 8-8 it's improvement...let's improve in 2008! Good job Texans

junior
12-30-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm not excited about it, this is the worst record I thought we would have at the beginning of the year. To me getting excited about mediocraty is pretty pathetic. 10 wins now thats exciting, 8-8 is about my feelings ,not a loser but not a winner, not excited not angry.

brakos82
12-30-2007, 04:11 PM
And your bank account is? .......

Doubt that would help :user:

Mr PC
12-30-2007, 04:11 PM
It worked, next year try nineteenandzero.
hmmm....

Leahmic223
12-30-2007, 04:14 PM
I'll take 8-8 it's improvement...let's improve in 2008! Good job Texans

That's how I feel...its a improvement...I feel all a HC can do is improve every year and if you're doing that its only a matter of time...

Now...lets get some good FAs and have another good draft...In Rick We Trust.

TexanSam
12-30-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't feel excited or upset that we're at 8-8. Had we managed to keep Schaub and Johnson healthy for the entire season I would have liked to see how good we could have been. I guess I'm just happy we took another step forward, even though I think we had the potential to do better

Sideline
12-30-2007, 04:16 PM
I love it, Improving all the time. Its another step in the right direction.

Go Texans!

adam
12-30-2007, 04:17 PM
It feels good. God bless Sage Rosenfels.

axman40
12-30-2007, 04:19 PM
It worked, next year try nineteenandzero.

How much of the lost turnovers improvement can be contributed to getting rid of one player? Still they have way too many turnovers, but you are correct they did improve. I just think most of that was due to having different quarterback at the helm.
No we had way too many turnovers this year , I hope WE improve next year . Can I say 100% that this will happen,No but I feel this issue will be addressed by the whole team.
:texflag:

Hardcore Texan
12-30-2007, 04:25 PM
I am very excited about it.

I don't understand how some of you can say it hardly means anything.

Kubiak/Smith have only had 2 seasons to rebuild basically from the ground up of a new franchise. And to do it with leading the league in IR'd players and turnovers, overcoming all of that in the toughest division in football. Plus we improved our record from last year on top of that by 2 wins.

Sorry, I don't get how fans would feel this way, this is a huge accomplishment showing that we are headed in the right direction with the playoffs reasonably in reach next year.

:fans: :texflag:

Bulluck53
12-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Congrats

Thorn
12-30-2007, 04:27 PM

Kubiak/Smith have only had 2 seasons to rebuild basically from the ground up of a new franchise. And to do it with leading the league in IR'd players and turnovers, overcoming all of that in the toughest division in football. Plus we improved our record from last year on top of that by 2 wins.

Sorry, I don't get how fans would feel this way, this is a huge accomplishment showing that we are headed in the right direction with the playoffs reasonably in reach next year.

Preach it brother.

kiwitexansfan
12-30-2007, 04:40 PM

I hear what your saying and expected to be giddy about 8-8, but the facts tell me that we were last in our division, its a long way to go.

I am confident we have the people in place off the field to get us there though.

MEGA SWATT
12-30-2007, 04:56 PM
8-8, way to go:texflag:

Texans Horror
12-30-2007, 05:00 PM
The players and coaches deserve every bit of credit they can get. It wasn't easy getting to 8-8, but the Texans did it, and in the toughest division in the NFL and with the most injured players. Congrats to the win, guys.

New_Texans
12-30-2007, 05:06 PM
i predicted the record, woot!

76Texan
12-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Congrats
Thanks! I believe we earned it! :specnatz:

SheTitan
12-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Congrats on the 8-8 record

2ToneBlue
12-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Gratz on the 8-8, just think you'd might be in a playoff hunt if this was the NFC :)

I'm glad you guys made it to .500 makes our division looks beastly to the rest of the world. You've made the AFC South proud :fans:

sakebomb
12-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Dude. We were 2-14 just two seasons ago. Getting to .500 is HUGE.

There is still a lot of work to do but the future is very bright.

OzzO
12-30-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm relieved if nothing else, with a little feeling of giddyness. After watching the past 5 years of pain, to achieve something we were close to hitting in the '04 season - it's nice to have that "box checked off" in achievements.

no, not happy with the mediocrity - as the ultimate goal still is to win the biggun' - but dang, at least it's a step in the right direction and you can see a future which is more than could be said before. Now, just to build on it for '08.

GO TEXANS!

GlassHalfFull
12-30-2007, 08:59 PM
6-2 at home and
2-6 on the road.

I guess the upside of this is the tickets holders got to watch more wins than not. Turnovers and playing well on the road are two areas to think about during the offseason. I had a great time rooting for the Texans this season and chatting with you guys on the board. I think I'll drink a toast tomorrow night to continued improvement.:fans:

maddogmrb
12-30-2007, 09:16 PM

I echo your thoughts HardCore. Congrats to the team and coaches and FO.

We should compete for playoffs next year.

What do we need to seriously believe we can uproot the Colts and Pats?
1- A better offensive line.
2- Better OLB.
3- Better SS & FS.
4- A real starting QB.
5- More consistency in the running game.
6- More impact play from the defensive line.

If all the other pieces are in place, we can win with Matt/Sage.
:d: :texflag:

AnthonyE
12-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Although I predicted 9-7, considering all the injuries and how down we all felt in the middle of the season, 8-8 feels good. It's an odd feeling not being a losing team.