PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best chance of beating the Pats

whiskeyrbl
12-30-2007, 06:57 AM
Hate to say it but if anyone does I think it will be Jacksonville

SheTexan
12-30-2007, 07:38 AM
That's funny Whisky, I do too. I voted before I looked at your post also.

kastofsna
12-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Indianapolis.

NitroGSXR
12-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Green Bay and maybe the Cowboys.

Hervoyel
12-30-2007, 09:49 AM
I voted on Jacksonville too before reading anyones posts. I don't know why I think that but I just do. Something about that two-headed monster running game of theirs makes me think they could actually pull it off in a lower scoring kind of game. The weather up north doesn't seem to bother them much and they just seem like a really tight team these days.

I should add though that I hope nobody does beat them this year. I want to see them run the table.

axman40
12-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Since The Texans did not make the list ,I voted NOBODY!
:texflag::homer:

Thorn
12-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Since I believe the Pats go 19-0 this year, I voted nobody. I don't think anyone stops them this year. Jacksonville might slow them down a tad, and Indy might keep up with them most of the game, but the Pats are just to awesome this season.

kastofsna
12-30-2007, 10:40 AM
i don't like "nobody" being on a poll like this. the question is who has the BEST shot at beating them, not who WILL beat them.

hot pickle
12-30-2007, 03:54 PM
i hate to say this but i say dallas......:texflag:

Topher
12-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Jax :gun:

adam
12-30-2007, 04:42 PM
I would say Jacksonville. The Pats only defensive weakness is their run defense. If Jacksonville can exploit that, run the clock, and keep Brady off of the field, they can hammer out a win.

kastofsna
12-30-2007, 05:56 PM
I would say Jacksonville. The Pats only defensive weakness is their run defense. If Jacksonville can exploit that, run the clock, and keep Brady off of the field, they can hammer out a win.
the Pats' safeties aren't very good, either. very exploitable. of course, having two of the best corners in the league might mask that a bit.

sakebomb
12-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Indy has the weapons to do it. You have to outscore them and Manning is the QB to do it.

Needless to say it is going to be tough. N.E. can do it all and home field advantage on top of that.

jgl35
12-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Green Bay if they get there. Physical DB'S and they know Moss. Farve will use same game plan that the Eagles used.

mike moffat
12-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Indy or Green Bay could do it. They will have to bring their "A" game.

headsplint
12-31-2007, 12:42 PM
I said Indy but if I would have read the entire list of options I would have chosen nobody. Sorry, but noone beats the Pats this year.

BigBull17
12-31-2007, 01:35 PM
I said San Diego. They have a team that can get after you on D and run the ball with power. As long as Norv Turner remembers who his best player is.

Lucky
12-31-2007, 03:30 PM
I want to see the Pats offense when the weather turns bad in Foxboro. Warm weather teams like the Jags and Chargers seem built for bad weather.

Blazing Arrow
12-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Funny the Titans did not make this list .... considering we have consitantly played the Colts as well as we have for the last couple of seasons it would seem if Haysworth can get in at Brady we will be able to stop the Moss bomb.

The SD game you will see LT crying on the bench like in the first half of our last game. We had them and let them go. This time around it will be different.

Dread-Head
12-31-2007, 04:28 PM
As long as it's not the Vuggin' Cowboys...I don't give a $hit.

kastofsna
12-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Funny the Titans did not make this list .... considering we have consitantly played the Colts as well as we have for the last couple of seasons it would seem if Haysworth can get in at Brady we will be able to stop the Moss bomb.
all i can think of is Vinny Testeverde coming in and throwing a last minute TD against the Titans in garbage time.

i think people don't expect you to compete with the Patriots because no one expects you to compete with the Chargers.

Blazing Arrow
12-31-2007, 05:31 PM
all i can think of is Vinny Testeverde coming in and throwing a last minute TD against the Titans in garbage time.

i think people don't expect you to compete with the Patriots because no one expects you to compete with the Chargers.

But we took them to OT just a few weeks ago and they had to come back to even get that shot. I guess looking at actual games played does not make much sense though right?

dtran04
01-01-2008, 01:21 AM
In the playoffs anything can happen. I could see the Jags running over anyone. I can see the Cowboys tanking hard. Hell, even the great VY might throw some TD's. Who knows. It's a brand new season.

4Texans
01-01-2008, 06:09 PM
I went with the Jags. They just seem to play "different" than everyone else, and they're too scrappy.

HoustonFrog
01-01-2008, 06:46 PM
For the AFC it would be Jax 1st and then Indy. Jax plays the kind of ball that has given them trouble and they can play rough. Indy should have won the first time.

In the NFC I only see Dallas. Anyone saying Green Bay didn't watch the Dallas game where they were exposed. Good story but a weak 13-3 in my book.

Napa Auto Parts
01-02-2008, 12:17 AM
some teams are missing VY can beat the pats i mean the Titans can beat the Pats:sarcasm:

Blazing Arrow
01-02-2008, 11:33 AM
For the AFC it would be Jax 1st and then Indy. Jax plays the kind of ball that has given them trouble and they can play rough. Indy should have won the first time.

In the NFC I only see Dallas. Anyone saying Green Bay didn't watch the Dallas game where they were exposed. Good story but a weak 13-3 in my book.

Dallas was already completely owned this season by NE. I do not give them much of a shot if any to take down the Pats.

I still say Titans but we will get to prove that in 2 weeks.

Texan_Bill
01-02-2008, 11:45 AM

http://thecaptainsdeck.net/Smileys/default/bwahaharoll.gif

HoustonFrog
01-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Dallas was already completely owned this season by NE. I do not give them much of a shot if any to take down the Pats.

That was earlier in the season and a different time and place. I wouldn't call it owned. The Cowboys were within a TD in the 4th quarter and their offense moved the ball pretty effectively. In fact they showed some of the Pats weaknesses. Their secondary just couldn't keep up witht he Pats without Newman. I think the game would be alot better now. The Pats D has been exposed a few times this year. I'd call it a shootout. But Dallas did the same to the Pack and I'm not sure why people think they are so good.

HOU-TEX
01-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Honestly, I think the Pats will roll through the playoffs and win the Bowl, but if I had to pick someone that stands a fighting chance it'd be J-Ville. They've proven they can play very well in frigid conditions. A healthy Colts could probably hang as well.

The Titans....Pffft! Whatever! :gun:

Blazing Arrow
01-02-2008, 01:33 PM
The Titans....Pffft! Whatever! :gun:

Exactly what every said about our chances of making the playoffs at the beggining of the season. All we heard talk of was how the Titans totally blew the off season and how they would regress. Yup we regressed back to the playoffs. :cool:

ATX
01-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Exactly what every said about our chances of making the playoffs at the beggining of the season. All we heard talk of was how the Titans totally blew the off season and how they would regress. Yup we regressed back to the playoffs. :cool:

Y'all barely beat Indy's 2nd and 3rd stringers with playoffs on the line. Titans won't even get past the Chargers even with the better QB playing(Collins).

ATX
01-02-2008, 01:45 PM
I picked the Colts because they can hang with them and might possibly beat them if it's close in the 4th qtr. This would have possibly been Indy or Dallas's year if not for the Pats.

Texan_Bill
01-02-2008, 01:50 PM

I admit that I thought the Titans did a lousy job during the off-season and stand by that.

Two things I didn't count on were a) your running game and b) 'Fat Albert' Haynesworth.

Other than those two reasons for making the play-offs your receivers suck (Moulds was a nice pick-up :rolleyes: ) and your quarterback has regressed since his rookie year.

ATX
01-02-2008, 02:15 PM
The only reason the Titans made it in at the end was because of Kerry Collins. No doubt VY would have thrown a couple of picks in the 4th qtr. like he usually does and the Colts 3rd stringers would have won.

Blazing Arrow
01-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I admit that I thought the Titans did a lousy job during the off-season and stand by that.

Two things I didn't count on were a) your running game and b) 'Fat Albert' Haynesworth.

Other than those two reasons for making the play-offs your receivers suck (Moulds was a nice pick-up :rolleyes: ) and your quarterback has regressed since his rookie year.

Fowler played well, our #1 pick Griffen has played very well on both D and special teams.

Both a) and b) I defended prior to the season ... funny how that worked out. Moulds was who we could get. Stalworth did not want to come here, Moss would not have even looked at us, And Keyshawn would rather sound like a moron in the booth then play for us. Bennett is garbage and proved it again this season in St Louis. All in all we did what we needed to. Tell me this ... if our offseason was so poor how did we improve our record. We really did not make any large aquasitions ... Young actually played worst ... so tell my crystal ball what was the reason?

TD
01-02-2008, 03:18 PM
But we took them to OT just a few weeks ago and they had to come back to even get that shot. I guess looking at actual games played does not make much sense though right?

Ha ha! Thanks for reminding me that they're still the old Oilers; always finding new ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The SD game was classically Oiler-esque.

Blazing Arrow
01-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Ha ha! Thanks for reminding me that they're still the old Oilers; always finding new ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The SD game was classically Oiler-esque.

It was classic Shwartz prevent. He roles over in the playoffs like that he will be looking for a job next season.

kastofsna
01-02-2008, 06:20 PM
a good reason Jacksonville won't beat New England: because if that matchup happens, every single person is going to be picking Jacksonville for the "upset," and NE won't buy it, and try that much harder to shut everyone up and say "uh, hello? 16-0 anyone?"

Honoring Earl 34
01-02-2008, 06:27 PM
If it's a nasty , cold , snowy , and windy day ... I give the Jags a 50/50 shot .

Brady underthrew Moss a few times this year after the weather turned cold . He does'nt have a real good arm .

The Jags will run the ball ... that translates well in bad weather . The Pats are'nt really a running team .

Ryan
01-02-2008, 08:03 PM
I voted Jax. They are a no nonsense team, that just plays zero mistake football and has the best duel threat running backs in the league. Not to mention their defense is very stout. But i still don't think they could beat them, much less any team.

Second Honeymoon
01-02-2008, 09:09 PM
I voted Colts but probably should have chosen Nobody being that the game is in New England. You can never rule out Manning and if he manages to lead his team to victory over the Pats, you have to give Peyton some love as the #1 QB in the history of the freaking league. It would be quite the feather in the cap of Manning's career and believe me, he will be highly motivated. I just don't if they have enough in the tank with all the departures and injury problems they have had.

The Pats are on a mission and if they make it to the Super Bowl, look for that game to be a complete laugher as no other team would have a snowball's chance in hell of beating the Pats with Brady at QB. Brady v. Romo? Tom err Todd Collins? Lil' Manning? VY?!?!?! give me a break. that would be a joke. At least with Brady v. Favre, you get a true hollywood marquee matchup. I just want someone to beat the Pats. I don't care who it is. If it ain't Manning, I don't think anyone but Favre would even make the 'big game' interesting.

ATX
01-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I'd throw up if the Cowboys beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I'd never hear the end of it from my friends who are Cowboy fans.

Second Honeymoon
01-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I'd throw up if the Cowboys beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I'd never hear the end of it from my friends who are Cowboy fans.

With Romo at QB, they won't get a sniff. That guy is a trainwreck waiting to happen.

kastofsna
01-02-2008, 10:24 PM
actually Romo is a very very good QB.

Blazing Arrow
01-02-2008, 10:30 PM
actually Romo is a very very good QB.

Other then totally botching last years playoff hopes ....

Honoring Earl 34
01-02-2008, 10:31 PM

I'll tell you what ... the Redskins seem like a team of destiny in the NFC . Joe Gibbs in the playoffs ... hmmmm .... he used to be pretty good in those games .

kastofsna
01-02-2008, 10:47 PM
lol you must be thinking of Vince Young lol see i can be just like blazing arrow lol

Blazing Arrow
01-02-2008, 10:56 PM
lol you must be thinking of Vince Young lol see i can be just like blazing arrow lol

Seriosuly there is no way you can be like me ... there are so many reasons why I do not have time to list them. I think you might have meant to say you wish you were like me??? First step is not to go onto an AFC rivals board and lick cow booty. We can go to leason two once you have mastered this simple step ....

Maybe if a QB could hold onto a ball off a snap a team would go past the first round. :ok:

Blazing Arrow
01-02-2008, 10:59 PM

As I recall we are in the playoffs and you have the #1 ... maybe another bust will be on the board ... here is crossing your fingers. Fin fan plus smack = starkist :specnatz:

kastofsna
01-02-2008, 10:59 PM
i'm in love with the notion that people have that fumbling a snap for a field goal makes Romo a choke. a brilliant thought process.

ETA: whoa, epic double post there quoting the same post. faux pas

Blazing Arrow
01-02-2008, 11:00 PM
i'm in love with the notion that people have that fumbling a snap for a field goal makes Romo a choke. a brilliant thought process.

No it usually does not but when it cost you your chances at advancing one has to question ...

Blazing Arrow
01-02-2008, 11:01 PM
ETA: whoa, epic double post there quoting the same post. faux pas

No you just left so many opennings I felt it necassary to keep going ... should I continue? I bet I could make as many post dogging your half a$$ed one as you have words in the post. :cool:

But that would be like dolphin is a tuna net ...

kastofsna
01-02-2008, 11:05 PM
No it usually does not but when it cost you your chances at advancing one has to question ...
or perhaps it was a bad hold in bad conditions.

people desperately want to see him fail, and will cling to anything desperately to mark him as a failure. it's cute, really, the human mind.

kastofsna
01-02-2008, 11:06 PM
edit: ironic double post.

Mr. White
01-02-2008, 11:32 PM
edit: ironic double post.

I've had a few pints of irony myself tonight.

HoustonFrog
01-03-2008, 09:46 AM

What a joke. After that game people said he would be a wreck this year. He manned up and is an All-Pro who had a great year. Now people are saying he can't get it done. Some people just like to make up stuff...and I've supported you guys through the VY trash talk. You have no room.

or perhaps it was a bad hold in bad conditions.

people desperately want to see him fail, and will cling to anything desperately to mark him as a failure. it's cute, really, the human mind.

Exactly, typical. These seems like deflection from anothers QB problems.

Blazing Arrow
01-03-2008, 12:11 PM
I never said Romo was a bad or good QB ... I merely stated that he botched a snap and it cost the Cowboys the playoffs last season. Is anything in that not accurate?

Manning struggled through 5 playoffs before finally hammering it down and winning a super bowl. By your logic I also called Manning crap. Again not accurate.

kastofsna
01-03-2008, 12:12 PM
well technically it didn't cost them the playoffs, their defense let Shaun Alexander gain a bunch of yardage after that botched snap, which pretty much iced the game, when it could've given the Cowboys' offense plenty of time to make up for it.

Wolf
01-06-2008, 11:00 PM
jags get first crack

austintexanite
01-06-2008, 11:37 PM
I chose for Indy because they almost beat them this year, and were dominating a good portion of that game. I think Jax will give them a solid game, but will lose.

texanskan
01-07-2008, 11:54 AM
The Giants in the Super Bowl, I hope Favre gets in but I think it will be New York

ATRAIN
01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Jax can beat anyone if they are hot. That team is either "hot" or "cold" never in between.

GlassHalfFull
01-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I've decided the perfect ending to going undefeated in the regular season is to lose your first playoff game. Jags all the way.

ATRAIN
01-07-2008, 12:26 PM
I've decided the perfect ending to going undefeated in the regular season is to lose your first playoff game. Jags all the way.

That would be awesome!!!!

Chance_C
01-07-2008, 02:27 PM
I think that if anyone does it will be Jacksonville