PDA

View Full Version : Texans' Johnson fined $5,000 for hit

Wolf
12-29-2007, 09:09 AM
HOUSTON -- The NFL fined Texans defensive tackle Travis Johnson $5,000 for a late hit on Colts tight end Bryan Fletcher during Sunday's loss to Indianapolis.

The unnecessary roughness penalty was the second of the game for Johnson, who was earlier flagged for a late hit on Peyton Manning after the quarterback was sacked by Mario Williams. The NFL confirmed the fine Friday.

Johnson told Houston television station KRIV he wasn't trying to hurt Fletcher.

"I was in the air when the whistle blew," Johnson said. "You win some, and you lose some."

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_544967.html?source=rss&feed=3

ATX
12-29-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm surprised he wasn't slapped with a $1,000,000 fine for the "late" hit on Manning.

CloakNNNdagger
12-29-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm surprised he wasn't slapped with a $1,000,000 fine for the "late" hit on Manning.

The fine was not associated with the Manning hit because the NFL did not want it to seem as they were protecting the "untouchable Golden Boy."

Silver Oak
12-29-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm all for what the new Commisioner and the league is doing to clean up the NFL, but I do have a problem with the inconsistency of the fines being levied.

The guy who hit Schaub in SD got a $15K fine for flagrantly giving a concussion and knocking a QB out of a game, while TJ is assessed $5k for a borderline late hit on a receiver.

IMO, either the Schaub assassin should have been fined more, or TJ should have been fined less.

Kaiser Toro
12-29-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm all for what the new Commisioner and the league is doing to clean up the NFL, but I do have a problem with the inconsistency of the fines being levied.

The guy who hit Schaub in SD got a $15K fine for flagrantly giving a concussion and knocking a QB out of a game, while TJ is assessed $5k for a borderline late hit on a receiver.

IMO, either the Schaub assassin should have been fined more, or TJ should have been fined less.

I agree. Since the 2000 election Texans everywhere have been unfairly discriminated against. It is part of a vast Oklahoman/Lousianian/Fresnonian conspiracy.

dtran04
12-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Not that I condone it, but TJ's bang for the buck was very poor. :)

Second Honeymoon
12-29-2007, 12:50 PM
we need more players who arent afraid to hurt someone and hit the snot out of other guys. the way they were throwing the ball around up 30 points, I think we should have taken a shot at Manning and sent a message. Make them pay for their greed.

BigBull17
12-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Most of his Personal fouls are back lash from the Trent Green thing. He is a "monster" to the refs and the masses and they treat him like so.