PDA

View Full Version : The Numbers and other foolishness

Thorn
12-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Since I donít go back to work until January 7th, itís a two-for-one thread from Thorn for tonight. You get your numbers for the Jacksonville game plus a Friday night drunk thread all in one. Looking at the numbers, the numbers pretty much say we are gonna get our butts kicked this Sunday. However, the Texans get to wear Battle Red. We shall see what we shall see.

If we lose, weíll probably draft somewhere between 11 and 15. If we win, weíll probably draft somewhere between 17 and 22. But you know what, I want to win anyway. I want a NON LOSING SEASON. And I want it this Sunday. I want at least one freakiní division win this season.

In the meantime, Iím heading for the Jack Daniels so donít expect me to be running my posts through Word anymore so they are readable.

Offense

Houston
336 YPG, 94 rushing YPG, 242 passing YPG, 22 points PG

Jacksonville
355 YPG, 153 rushing YPG, 202 passing YPG, 25 points PG

Defense

Houston
341 YPG, 115 rushing YPG, 226 passing YPG, 23 points PG

Jacksonville
315 YPG, 95 rushing YPG, 219 passing YPG, 17 points PG

Double Barrel
12-28-2007, 06:59 PM
I want a NON LOSING SEASON.

I second that motion!!! :fans: :texflag:

It won't surprise me if we win or lose, but man, a .500 season never looked so good. (how sad to say, really)

Thorn
12-28-2007, 07:14 PM
I just think it would be so cool, so great, to be in a division that all teams were 500 and above for the season. It's never been done bvfore. That's the the last bit of respect we cant get from this season.

To bad next season will be just as hard.

ATX
12-28-2007, 07:23 PM
I just think it would be so cool, so great, to be in a division that all teams were 500 and above for the season. It's never been done bvfore. That's the the last bit of respect we cant get from this season.

To bad next season will be just as hard.

It does piss me off that if we had beaten the Colts early on and pulled out that Tennessee game, this game would have been the biggest game in franchise history. Oh well, shoulda, coulda, woulda. Either way a good Jaguar ass kicking to end in a non-losing season would be great going into next year. :bat:

Thorn
12-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Either way a good Jaguar ass kicking to end in a non-losing season would be great going into next year. :bat:

Yes. Yes it woud. http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/images/graemlins/evil.gif

eriadoc
12-28-2007, 08:42 PM
It does piss me off that if we had beaten the Colts early on and pulled out that Tennessee game, this game would have been the biggest game in franchise history. Oh well, shoulda, coulda, woulda. Either way a good Jaguar ass kicking to end in a non-losing season would be great going into next year. :bat:

If, if, if ... if we had just won one game we should have won (Atlanta), we'd be sitting at 8 wins already. That loss sticks in my craw more than any other this season.

Thorn
12-28-2007, 09:01 PM
If, if, if ... if we had just won one game we should have won (Atlanta), we'd be sitting at 8 wins already. That loss sticks in my craw more than any other this season.

That was a dumb ass, stupid ass loss. It should have never happened. Had we been a (A) better coached team (B) better running game (C) AJ not injured (D) other excuses here (E) ****** it we lost anyway so what does it matter now (F) whatever

Well, you get my point. Itís done with. I canít tell you how much I hated that loss because it was so stupid and pointless. In any case, we are still back where we started. When the frigging century are we gonna have something other than a losers record?

Thatís all that matters. Jesus H. frigging sack the quaterback when it counts and do sometthing other than score on the frist damn possision Christ help us all before we all dive into a pit of self depression.

Speedy
12-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Yeah, a win is important. And I don't care who J-ville suits up, it'll still say 8-8 first non-losing season in team history in the books 3, 5, 10 years from now. Nobody will remember or care that the 8th win came in a meaningless game for the Jags.

This win is important if for no other reason than this team needs to learn to win a game they NEED to win. This will be their 3rd go at an 8th win and they came out and layed a big fat turd the first 2 cracks at it. That can't happen this time.

This is their playoff game. A chance to end the streak of losing seasons. They need to take it seriously, they need to be focused, they need to play a good solid football game. Anything less and this will be one pissed off madder'n hell fan.

Hardcore Texan
12-30-2007, 12:45 AM
I think we have a real solid shot at pulling out this W. And I want it as much as you guys do. We play much better at home and we almost always give jax a tough game, so I am looking forward to our TEAM kickin' some ass!

:fans: :texflag:

bckey
12-30-2007, 01:02 AM

Exactly what I was thinking.