PDA

View Full Version : Texans release Echemandu; sign Robinson, Beach

alphajoker
12-27-2007, 10:03 AM
That sux for Eche to get released a day after Christmas. And it looks like we got another Green Bay guy in Beach.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?STORY_ID=4089#

Mr. White
12-27-2007, 10:07 AM
This is great news. I've been asking myself what we're missing in our run game lately and Arliss Beach was the first name that popped into my head. It's that obvious.

I wonder what the hell took so long to make this happen.

Texan_Bill
12-27-2007, 10:20 AM
*shakes head and shrugs shoulders*

Errant Hothy
12-27-2007, 10:33 AM
That sux for Eche to get released a day after Christmas. And it looks like we got another Green Bay guy in Beach.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?STORY_ID=4089#

From the same story:
Robinson (6-3, 296) was signed by the Texans as an undrafted free agent on May 8, 2007 after spending his colligate days at Mississippi State. He started 28 games recording 104 tackles and 18 for loss during his four seasons. During the preseason, Robinson finished with four tackles and a half sack. He was signed to the Texans practice squad on September 3.

Beach (5-10, 219) was signed by the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent from the University of Kentucky on May 5, 2006. He spent the 2006 season on injured reserve. He was released by the Packers this spring and signed with the Dallas Cowboys on Aug. 23, 2007. He was released by Dallas on Sept. 1.

Some more info on Robinson:
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=660994#post660994
Deljuan Robinson, DE, Mississippi State
6’ 3 1/8” 299 lbs. 5.07
The Chronicle listed him as a DE (which could mean so did the Texans), but I’ve only seen him listed as a DT. Pro Football Weekly says he has a “very serious injury concern”, but I can’t find what it is. Thanks to Lucky it was heart surgery to fix a leaky valve. Pro Day numbers: 27” vertical, 9’ 5” broad jump, 4.74 short shuttle, 7.54 three cone, and 23 reps at 225.

I quess Walker showed more then Eche did over the last 3 weeks. End of the season/back of the roster type moves, or are they trying to protect these guys once rosters expanded again in the offseason?

alphajoker
12-27-2007, 10:46 AM
From the same story:

Some more info on Robinson:
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=660994#post660994

I guess Walker showed more then Eche did over the last 3 weeks. End of the season/bacl of the roster type moves, or are they trying to protect these guys once rosters expanded again in the offseason?

Yes, how to hold onto the football.

SheTexan
12-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Sounds like a medical staffs nightmare. Just how many players have Smith and Kubes picked up that have been on IR anyway? Since we lead the NFL this year of players on IR, don't you think they could look for someone HEALTHY!!! GEEEEZZZZ!!!!

Overalls
12-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Sounds like a medical staffs nightmare. Just how many players have Smith and Kubes picked up that have been on IR anyway? Since we lead the NFL this year of players on IR, don't you think they could look for someone HEALTHY!!! GEEEEZZZZ!!!!

They should feel right at home on this team.

TEXANS84
12-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Will Demps was on IR, turned out to be ok.

Errant Hothy
12-27-2007, 12:55 PM

Yeah cause a) a player picked up in Week 16 is most defiantly going to make a huge impact on the current season and b) nobody ever gets better or recovers from an injury.

Maddict5
12-27-2007, 01:14 PM
This is great news. I've been asking myself what we're missing in our run game lately and Arliss Beach was the first name that popped into my head. It's that obvious.

I wonder what the hell took so long to make this happen.

im sure packer fans were saying the same thing about ryan grant at the start of the season:)

Silver Oak
12-27-2007, 01:41 PM
someone sound the alarm...pessimism is once again running amok on texanstalk.com!

PapaL
12-27-2007, 02:28 PM
someone sound the alarm...pessimism is once again running amok on texanstalk.com!

Gotcha covered:

http://instapinch.com/blog/wp-content/photos/wambulance.gif

adam
12-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Yawn. :coffee:

Maddict5
12-27-2007, 06:27 PM
That sux for Eche to get released a day after Christmas.

LONG HOLIDAYS!!

BigBull17
12-28-2007, 01:24 AM
Yeah cause a) a player picked up in Week 16 is most defiantly going to make a huge impact on the current season and b) nobody ever gets better or recovers from an injury.

ANd with the undrafted FA guys on IR, its stuff like pulled hammies and an injured self esteem. They throw guys there to protect them, much like NY tried with Demps, but he wouldnt let them. Guys like that on IR are a little different.

beerlover
12-28-2007, 02:01 AM
Anyone know all the RB's Texans have signed, released, re-signed, traded, etc. etc. etc. from last season to now? I'll get it started :whip:

*roster, *IR, *waived, *released, *retired,*practice squad,*traded

Darius Walker
Ron Dayne
Ahman Green
Chris Taylor
Samkon Gado
Adimchinobe Echemandu
Wali Lundy
Domanick Davis Williams
Arliss Beach
Vernand Morency

CloakNNNdagger
12-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Anyone know all the RB's Texans have signed, released, re-signed, traded, etc. etc. etc. from last season to now? I'll get it started :whip:

Darius Walker
Ron Dayne
Ahman Green
Chris Taylor
Samkon Gado
Adimchinobe Echemandu
Wali Lundy
Domanick Davis Williams
Arliss Beach
Vernand Morency

void my post

Malloy
12-28-2007, 10:21 AM
I like the color-coding :)

Specnatz
12-28-2007, 11:10 AM

While you may not like it but she has a point, it seems every guy we sign has just come off an injury it does get just a little frustrating because it seems that is right where then end up going back to.

adam
12-28-2007, 11:15 AM

Darius Walker
Ron Dayne
Ahman Green
Chris Taylor
Samkon Gado
Adimchinobe Echemandu
Wali Lundy
Domanick Davis Williams
Arliss Beach
Vernand Morency

Of all the non-retired people on that list, Walker and Dayne are the only ones that have shown signs of being worth a damn. Taylor has potential, and I would like to see him get some action next season. Ahman Green is a joke.

Thorn
12-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Ahman Green is a joke.

Not if he's healthy. But that is, of course, the problem. LOL

headsplint
12-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Not if he's healthy. But that is, of course, the problem. LOL

His health is a joke...:)

nero THE zero
12-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Of all the non-retired people on that list, Walker and Dayne are the only ones that have shown signs of being worth a damn. Taylor has potential, and I would like to see him get some action next season. Ahman Green is a joke.

Ahman Green is the best runningback we have ever had when he is on the field. He might be injured but he is far from "a joke."

Errant Hothy
12-28-2007, 12:02 PM
I still don't get the man-love for Taylor.

PapaL
12-28-2007, 12:06 PM

Darius Walker
Ron Dayne
Ahman Green
Chris Taylor
Samkon Gado
Adimchinobe Echemandu
Wali Lundy
Domanick Davis Williams
Arliss Beach
Vernand Morency

Way to help the color blind out here.

adam
12-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Ahman Green is the best runningback we have ever had when he is on the field. He might be injured but he is far from "a joke."

What has Ahman Green done to establish himself as the best RB we've ever had on the field? In the 5 games he's started, he averaged 3.7 yards a carry with a longest run of 18 yards. He also only mustered 2 TDs in 5 games. You could take his receiving into account (123 yards on 14 catches), but even then he pales in comparison to Dominick Davis and is only marginally better than Darius Walker (who over 2 games started has the same YPC as Green). Ahman Green is far from the best we've ever had and could be arguably one of the biggest front office flops in team history. He can't stay on the field, and when he's on it he doesn't live up to expectations.

brakos82
12-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Way to help the color blind out here.
:tease:

disaacks3
12-28-2007, 03:40 PM

Darius Walker
Ron Dayne
Ahman Green
Chris Taylor
Samkon Gado
Adimchinobe Echemandu
Wali Lundy
Domanick Davis Williams
Arliss Beach
Vernand Morency

Good stuff Wes...

I guess it only "seemed" like we averaged one-a-week. :cool:

austintexanite
12-28-2007, 04:20 PM
I was actually surprised when I found out that we had released Joe. Hope he catches on somewhere next year.

mexican_texan
12-28-2007, 04:32 PM
I was actually surprised when I found out that we had released Joe. Hope he catches on somewhere next year.
I saw much, much more from Gado this year than from Echemandu.

Thorn
12-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Let us hope, during the off season, that a decent running back comes our way.

Lucky
12-28-2007, 05:07 PM
I still don't get the man-love for Taylor.
He played well in the win over the Browns in the last game of '06. You remember, when the Texans lost the chance to draft Adrian Peterson. :gun:

GuerillaBlack
12-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Chris Taylor wasn't that bad. We should stll draft a young RB regardless, but I think Chris Taylor could be our change of pace back. Maybe a Marion Barber.

PapaL
12-28-2007, 05:45 PM
What has Ahman Green done to establish himself as the best RB we've ever had on the field? In the 5 games he's started, he averaged 3.7 yards a carry with a longest run of 18 yards. He also only mustered 2 TDs in 5 games. You could take his receiving into account (123 yards on 14 catches), but even then he pales in comparison to Dominick Davis and is only marginally better than Darius Walker (who over 2 games started has the same YPC as Green). Ahman Green is far from the best we've ever had and could be arguably one of the biggest front office flops in team history. He can't stay on the field, and when he's on it he doesn't live up to expectations.

You can't bring up his previous injury history and not bring up his previous yardage. You can pretty much combine the history of our running backs and Ahman would be better across the board. When the guy was on the field he would be pulled late in games (as per game plan).

I'm not an avid Ahman supporter/basher but the jury is still out - inconclusive.

CloakNNNdagger
12-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Chris Taylor wasn't that bad. We should stll draft a young RB regardless, but I think Chris Taylor could be our change of pace back. Maybe a Marion Barber.

One of the reasons that there was hesitation to move Taylor into the "big league" last season was that he hadn't learned the term "blocking."

Overalls
12-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Even if healthy and even if he returns to prior form, AG is still going to be on the north side of 31 when the season starts next year. I was in favor of him coming here am not ready to completely write him off but even when we signed him I only thought of him as a stop gap RB. We need a young stud RB to take over for him even if he does come back strong. My dream draft scenario would have us trading down a 5 to 10 spots and picking up a
2nd round pick. With the 1st round pick choose either a O-Lineman or RB, whichever is rated higher and then use the 2nd on the position that we didn't choose in the 1st. I'm not sold on any of the FA RBs but there are some O-Line men we could pick up in FA. We have the money to make a few real strong FA signings.

Good luck to Eche.

:fans:

bigbrewster2000
12-30-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm not an avid Ahmad supporter/basher but the jury is still out - inconclusive.

Who is Ahmad?:backsout: :shades:

PapaL
12-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Who is Ahmad?:backsout: :shades:

Thanks for your insightful post.