PDA

View Full Version : Patriots' historic game to be available to all of America, after all

axman40
12-26-2007, 04:33 PM
The New England Patriots (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/profile?team=NE)' shot at history Saturday night will be available for every household in the country with a television after months of wrangling.
The game against the New York Giants (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG), in which the Patriots could become the first NFL team to go 16-0 in the regular season, was originally scheduled to be shown only on the NFL Network, which is available in fewer than 40 percent of the nation's homes with TVs.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80579400&template=with-video&confirm=true
:cowboy1:

kastofsna
12-26-2007, 05:38 PM
luckily my gf's office is throwing a slightly belated christmas party so i'll be attending that.

TEXANS84
12-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Good. Now my annoying Pats fan wont have to come over to my house and watch it.

Double Barrel
12-26-2007, 05:46 PM
So, big bad NFLN isn't so heartless after all, 'eh?

I wonder if ESPiN would do the same thing if it was on MNF . :hmmm:

axman40
12-26-2007, 06:20 PM
So, big bad NFLN isn't so heartless after all, 'eh?

I wonder if ESPiN would do the same thing if it was on MNF . :hmmm:
I reckon if ABC asked The NFL for permission and Roger gave them an OK , it could be done.
This just proves to me that the Eric Cartman style of marketing does not work for the NFL.
:texflag:

Double Barrel
12-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I reckon if ABC asked The NFL for permission and Roger gave them an OK , it could be done.
This just proves to me that the Eric Cartman style of marketing does not work for the NFL.
:texflag:

That would all depend on ABC not having a new episode of Desperate Housewives, of course. :shades:

I honestly think NFLN should do what it does, but work a deal with some of the networks to show their big games. Maybe reserve HD for NFLN or something, but let the nation see the dern games.

disaacks3
12-26-2007, 07:01 PM
ahh...the wonders that a Writers Strike can accomplish never cease to amaze... :cool:

mexican_texan
12-26-2007, 07:02 PM
That would all depend on ABC not having a new episode of Desperate Housewives, of course. :shades:

I honestly think NFLN should do what it does, but work a deal with some of the networks to show their big games. Maybe reserve HD for NFLN or something, but let the nation see the dern games.
I kinda like CBS's HD broadcasts more than the NFLN's, but yeah, you have a point. I'm sure the NFLN is going to use this opportunity to advertise themselves throughout the game.

axman40
12-26-2007, 08:45 PM
I kinda like CBS's HD broadcasts more than the NFLN's, but yeah, you have a point. I'm sure the NFLN is going to use this opportunity to advertise themselves throughout the game.
I have no problem with that.I would encourage ALL TEXANS fan in the Austin area to watch the game on the NFL Network or NBC !ALL year long KEYE 42 has been very hostile to the TEXAN'S fans and now We have a chance to show them our thanks!Call Gary Vinson and let him know why you will be watching this game on the other networks! I just checked their website and right now NFL TBA is scheduled for Sunday at noon!
:fans: :texflag:

Wolf
12-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Kerry to the rescue... first internet and now this .between him and clinton there is nothing that can't be accomplished

It looks like the NFL Network has decided that fans are important. The game Saturday night to see if the New England Patriots can go 16-0 this season will be simulcast on CBS, NBC, and the NFL Network.

So, the game between the New England Patriots and the New York Giants will be available for every household in the country with a television. Nice. I have a TV.

U.S. Senator John Kerry, D-Mass, had recently asked the NFL to show the Patriots Giants game to the 60% of the United States who would not get to see it. Kerry threatened to hold congressional hearings on the issue if they did not show it. I’m sure that scared the heck out of the NFL. (That last sentence was a joke).

Previously, Montana’s Senator Max Baucus and Jon Tester had asked the NFL to air the Denver Broncos Houston Texans game December 13 on regular television for Montana’s Denver Bronco fans to see. That did not happen. It appears that Sen. Kerry has more clout than Baucus and Tester combined. Nonetheless, thanks for trying boys.

http://takeitontherun.blogspot.com/2007/12/john-kerry-to-rescue.html

mexican_texan
12-26-2007, 09:40 PM
I have no problem with that.I would encourage ALL TEXANS fan in the Austin area to watch the game on the NFL Network or NBC !ALL year long KEYE 42 has been very hostile to the TEXAN'S fans and now We have a chance to show them our thanks!Call Gary Vinson and let him know why you will be watching this game on the other networks! I just checked their website and right now NFL TBA is scheduled for Sunday at noon!
They'll probably show the Texans game. I'm pretty sure the Titans game got moved to primetime.

mexican_texan
12-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Kerry to the rescue... first internet and now this .between him and clinton there is nothing that can't be accomplished

http://takeitontherun.blogspot.com/2007/12/john-kerry-to-rescue.html
Denver didn't get local coverage? We got it here in Houston on what used to be UPN.

NitroGSXR
12-26-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm ok with KEYE. At first, I bought into the KEYE sucks hype but I now feel different. I personally received no hostility from them. Now that I look back at it, I think we were the hostile ones. We tried to force them to show the Texans. We threatened them. We slandered them. We created anti-KEYE websites and all that. I dunno about the hostility now.

I think they did the best they could. It's not in their hands... it's in the Texans. We keep losing. We have to win in order to gain network recognition. It's all about dollars and Vince brings those dollars to Austin. See... go into the stores. ANY store. You will see a massive amount of Cowboys and Titans (specifically Vince Young) gear. Walk around town. Look at what people are wearing. I went to a couple of Longhorn games and the Vince Young hype is still throbbing. What I'm trying to say is that I saw the stadium decked with not just merely Vince Young Longhorn jerseys but Titans jerseys. This city truly loves Vince Young and us Texans fans were trying to fault KEYE for that. I understand their choices. It's what I'd do if it were my station, Texans fan or not. Business is what this is all about. The Texans are not very marketable in Austin right now and Vince Young is.

I've now come to terms that Austin is a Vince Young town and the residents want to see Vince Young play some football.

Oh well. :texflag: :fans: :texan:

ATX
12-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Great, I'll sleep alot better tonight knowing the game will be on TV.

SheTexan
12-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Sounds like a good time to take my grandkids to see the Chipmunks!!:)

Joe Texan
12-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Sounds like a good time to take my grandkids to see the Chipmunks!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAlol:

Errant Hothy
12-27-2007, 12:57 PM
ahh...the wonders that a Writers Strike can accomplish never cease to amaze... :cool:

No doubt, CBS and NBC are probably both desperate for anything to put on that night.