PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar fan weighing in about the game

scottone928
12-25-2007, 09:07 PM
First and foremost Merry Christmas everyone!!! I think the Texans will win this game in what I feel will be a win,win situation. First off for the Texans, you guys will not have a losing season. I think that shows how tough the AFC South is. No one in our division will have a losing record and that is why our division is the best in the NFL. Second for my Jags we are going into the playoffs hot! I hope we go back up to Heinz field in a blizzard. We have done really well against the Steelers in the past. In all honesty we will probably play our starters for a series of two and pull them. Since we do not have a first round bye, it is probably the best thing. I wish this game was a little earlier in the season because I really enjoy the game these two play, even though we have come on the short end as of late ;). I hope you guys wear the "battle red" uniforms, those are really cool. Well I hope for no injuries and pull for the Jags in the play-offs. Enjoy the game and once again happy holidays!

GO JAGS!!!

AnthonyE
12-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks and Merry Christmas to you, too.

According to HoustonTexans.com, we will be wearing the Battle Red uniforms. And I hope your right about our win. :P

If we were in the playoffs, I'd be scared to death to face y'all.

No injuries is all I hope for this week.

SheTexan
12-26-2007, 10:12 AM
A classy post Scott, and thanks for coming our way. There might be a slim chance our Texans will pull this one off, but not likely. Just depends on which of our schizophrenic TEXAN teams decides to show up. Sometimes our boys just can't seem to get the gray matter functioning correctly and until they do, our fans will continue to ride the never ending roller coaster with our team. Beside's, our newie coach has been OUT coached to many times this year to count. Hopefully though, we are on our way up the hill and will be contenders next year. A true diehard never gives up hope!!!:texflag:

GOOO JAG'S or COLT'S!! I really don't care at this point. Just make sure those TENNHEADS DO NOT rep our division!!!!

ATX
12-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Fred Taylor and MJD scare the hell out of me this year.

alphajoker
12-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Fred Taylor and MJD scare the hell out of me this year.

Yeah, MJD is a wrecking ball, man. He's quick and has great lower balance. I would not want to tackle him head on. :yikes:

Second Honeymoon
12-26-2007, 11:09 AM
The Jaguars are playing a true team game where different guys are stepping up each week. All 3 phases of their team have contributed to their playoff run. Taylor really stepped up in the Steelers game too. That was a big game for both teams and Taylor tore em up at heinz.

I think the Texans will come out fired up and in their red unis and take an early lead but ultimately lose the game. The Texans are going to be thinking about Cancun and the Jags are going to be preparing to face Pittsburgh in a Wild Card matchup.

The Jags as a whole should be a much more focused team going into this game. Maybe not a lot to play in the W/L column but a lot to play for in terms of preparation, stability, and continuity. Dungy knows its a mistake to 'take the gloves off' and JDR knows the same. Look at the Patriots. If they Pats were 15-1, they still wouldn't be resting Brady. The good coaches demand and get total focus each week and the Colts proved that last week by trouncing our Texans. Del Rio has been known to have a trick or two up his sleeve (this year's timely early onside kick v. Texans really shifted momentum) but they play a pretty conservative scheme overall for their offense and defense. It all bodes well for an 0-6 divisional run by the Texans in easily the best division in the NFL.

threetoedpete
12-26-2007, 11:37 AM
All of the above is true. What is also true is they are set up to play in bad weather. As long as their o-line stays healthy they have more than a chance against anyone.

And Merry Chritmass backattcha.

Hardcore Texan
12-26-2007, 12:15 PM
If I was a Patriot or a Colt, I would seriously be concerned about how good Jax is playing right now....very physical and very tough. We will have our hands full this week, like G'Ma said it depends which team shows up for us. I hope we can pull it out, we play much better at home.

:fans: :texflag:

WWJD
12-26-2007, 12:20 PM
The Jags are a scary team. They're tough on defense, they have an outstanding running tandem and their quarterback is solid and doesn't turn the ball over.

I keep expecting Del Rio to mess it up but so far he's done a great job this year.

mootini
12-26-2007, 12:23 PM
The broom is coming!!! It hurt us last year, now it's your turn!!! 6-6 series will be tied. It's peanut butter jelly time!!!:splits: :splits: :splits:

TEXANS84
12-26-2007, 12:50 PM
The broom is coming!!! It hurt us last year, now it's your turn!!! 6-6 series will be tied. It's peanut butter jelly time!!!:splits: :splits: :splits:

Crem' de la Jaguar?

mootini
12-26-2007, 12:57 PM
No way, CREAM DA BEEF....way better!!! LOL
84...Texans will be looking good next season. The Texans defense is building up nicely.:d: I think the Texans need to establish a true RB this offseason and Safety. You got the QB/WR/TE positions locked down. Anyway, 7-9 or 8-8 is showing the Texans are headed in the right direction.

Crem' de la Jaguar?

Texan_Bill
12-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Glad to see you checking in Mootini!!

Your Jags look really freakin' tough this year. Your "D" is physical, and on "O" your running game looks like it could run over anyone. Mix in Garrad... 18TD's to only 3 picks... WOW!!! If I was either New England, or Indy I wouldn't be looking forward to playing y'all in the play-offs.

mootini
12-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks Bill, Hey, Your Texans have played well too this season...especially with ALL your injuries. I see the Texans making the playoffs next season...Mark my words!!!

Hagar
12-26-2007, 04:27 PM
I am very impressed with the Jags this season. They are playing football the way I like it - tough, in you face, smash mouth. (I wish we displayed more of these qualities). Even if we win this Sunday, I don't think it will matter too much, y'all have bigger fish to fry then us.

Knock out of few of Brady's teeth in the playoffs - he's too pretty to be a football player!!

Thorn
12-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks Bill, Hey, Your Texans have played well too this season...especially with ALL your injuries. I see the Texans making the playoffs next season...Mark my words!!!

All I can say is, if three teams from our division make it to the playoffs next year, I want the odd team out to be the Titans.

Double Barrel
12-26-2007, 06:12 PM
If I was a Patriot or a Colt, I would seriously be concerned about how good Jax is playing right now....very physical and very tough. We will have our hands full this week, like G'Ma said it depends which team shows up for us. I hope we can pull it out, we play much better at home.

The Jags are a good team right now, but the only team that can beat the Patriots is the Patriots. They can morph themselves to play any given game plan, and they've proven resilient time and time again this season.

As far as us vs. the Jags this weekend....I'm already getting used to the thought of a 7-9 record. Our team has rarely risen to any given challenge, so why would they change now.

Maddict5
12-26-2007, 07:32 PM
The Jags are a good team right now, but the only team that can beat the Patriots is the Patriots. They can morph themselves to play any given game plan, and they've proven resilient time and time again this season.

As far as us vs. the Jags this weekend....I'm already getting used to the thought of a 7-9 record. Our team has rarely risen to any given challenge, so why would they change now.

i disagree.. i think they'll come out (at home) pissed at how badly they played last week and will want to finish 8-8 to represent the progress made this year.. plus the fact the jags have nothing to play for and should be looking ahead and resting, ive us pencilled in for 8-8 myself :texflag: :fans:

axman40
12-26-2007, 08:56 PM
i disagree.. i think they'll come out (at home) pissed at how badly they played last week and will want to finish 8-8 to represent the progress made this year.. plus the fact the jags have nothing to play for and should be looking ahead and resting, ive us pencilled in for 8-8 myself :texflag: :fans:
Pencil being key for now.
:texflag:

Brandon420tx
12-26-2007, 09:16 PM
I just don't want to feel the shame of being swept by our division.

Wolf
12-26-2007, 09:18 PM
The Jags are a scary team. They're tough on defense, they have an outstanding running tandem and their quarterback is solid and doesn't turn the ball over.

I keep expecting Del Rio to mess it up but so far he's done a great job this year.

exactly what you need in cold weather ..pound the ball and play good defense

Double Barrel
12-27-2007, 10:38 AM

I really hope you're right. I've just been conditioned by 6 seasons of less-than-mediocre football that this franchise simply does not win the games that are 'must win'. Three years ago we should have beaten the Browns for an 8-8 record, and they laid an egg. Not only that, they come out the next season with the worst record imaginable, never having a lead in the first six games of the season.

Winning might be addictive, but losing is contagious. Unfortunately, our franchise seems to be more of the latter than the former in it's history.

Obviously, I beg to be proven wrong. .500 ball never looked so good if they can do it.