PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Mittens

prostock101
12-24-2007, 08:13 AM
The last post about our wayward son. Apparently he is so bad that he is third string behind an undrafted free agent with no experience and a 44 year old with a bad wheel.

Just for giggles, let's have a poll and see where Mr. Mittens goes from here....

FILO_girl
12-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Maybe his future in in hair couture...?
A book tour touting 'Helmut Hair, not an Issue Anymore'...?

Hmmm, maybe we need a thread titled "Books DC would write"... :whip:

Mr. Mittens...lmao!

I have him headed to the AFL2

alphajoker
12-24-2007, 08:56 AM
I think he'll be released by Carolina, possibly make some teams training camp roster as another "arm" then released again. His football playing career is slowing coming to an end, but I could see him back at Fresno State as a coach or something. He is good at the "tuck and roll" manuever, so maybe he'll coach gymnastics.

WWJD
12-24-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm not a Carr football fan but I'll take the high road and hope that whatever does he is happy and well.

Texan_Bill
12-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Perhaps Disney is hiring:

http://www.scavengeinc.com/images/rubies/2810n.jpg

brakos82
12-24-2007, 10:26 AM
I think he only has 4 fingers too... :user:

Texan_Bill
12-24-2007, 10:52 AM
I think he only has 4 fingers too... :user:

That explains the fumbles now, doesn't it.... :pirate:

Second Honeymoon
12-24-2007, 11:20 AM
carr sucked, sucks, and will continue to suck. nothing new.

he will be doing analysis work on some 3rd rate NFL 'experts' show. I know the networks wont touch him with a ten foot pole. they know what a loser the guy is regardless of how 'cute' and 'choirboy' he is and he has too much money to put him through the total ridicule and humiliation of the CFL.

BSofA04
12-24-2007, 11:44 AM
If you read the boards over at carolinahuddle.com, they would be shocked to see Mr. Mittens in a Panther uniform next year. My vote is that he gets released, picked up by the Patriots and becomes Brady's little duffle bag boy.

kiwitexansfan
12-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Released, and he goes home to his lovely little family and gets fat off the millions, and millions of dollars he has stashed away.

Texan_Bill
12-24-2007, 12:26 PM
"Starting at quarterback for your Texas Copperheads, number 8.... David Carr"

ATX
12-24-2007, 12:51 PM
"How to Play Possum" The most recent book by David Carr, author of "The Fetal Position", "How to Make Millions-Texans Style", "Road Kill", and current #1 bestseller "Mr. Mittens".

StarStruck
12-24-2007, 01:16 PM
This is not one of my giggling moments. I believe that Carr will be released after this season, and given the damage to career, I doubt if there will be any takers unless the contract is so small, that it probably wouldn't be worth the effort.

I wonder given the Texans being a brand new franchise if David's career would have taken a different path if he would have been given the opportunity to serve as back up to Banks or some other seasoned veteran. It was clear to me before Carr was offered his last contract for the Texas that he would continue to be a struggling QB and often wonder if things would have been different is he had not been given the whole ball of wax from day one.

At any rate, I wish him well is his career path from the point. I believe that Carr's future is secure enough that arena football isn't an option.

austintexanite
12-24-2007, 01:46 PM
I think he's done, we might hear from him for couple more years trying to make some teams, but overall...nada.

SheTexan
12-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!! Hope you all feel better now!!! It's a real shame none of you have anything better to do than ridicule and trash a young man just because you don't like him. Real classy TEXAN fans!!

brakos82
12-24-2007, 02:55 PM
HWWDNSO is a ***********************************!

StarStruck
12-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!! Hope you all feel better now!!! It's a real shame none of you have anything better to do than ridicule and trash a young man just because you don't like him. Real classy TEXAN fans!!

Come on SheTexan, be fair. You ALL and NONE of you aren't repersentative to EVERYONE that posted in this thread. :)

austintexanite
12-24-2007, 03:05 PM

How did I trash him? I just stated that I don't think he'll play in the NFL anymore.

ATX
12-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I feel sorry for a guy who has millions and set this franchise back years.

WWJD
12-24-2007, 03:23 PM

Not me! I said I hope he's happy and well. And I mean that....David was a class guy when he was here in Houston. Even when his wife got doused with beer he handled himself with class!

SheTexan
12-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Well, I was trying to be nice and not call anyone out cause that always seems to get me in a sheeeettttt load of trouble, SOOOOOO, I apologize to those who have an open mind and don't blame ONE player for the failure of this franchise. I have NOT gotten on a DC soap box and I won't start now. This is Christmas, a time of year to be forgiving and caring, and a time of year to put the past behind us and move on!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

12-24-2007, 06:01 PM
The last post about our wayward son. Apparently he is so bad that he is third string behind an undrafted free agent with no experience and a 44 year old with a bad wheel.

Just for giggles, let's have a poll and see where Mr. Mittens goes from here....

carry on my wayward son... there'll be peace when you are done...

...and by done, i mean released in the offseason, and out of the league ala tim couch.

Second Honeymoon
12-26-2007, 08:53 AM
David Carr still sucks just like he always has since Day One. He is the biggest QB bust in history. At least Leaf wasn't picked #1 overall, so David gets teh nod over Ryan for overall suckitude. Thanks Charlie and Bob for drafting that primadonna loser.

As for blaming Carr for the blatant failure of the franchise, David is not the only one to blame. I also blame those who had a part in hiring/resigning David in the first place and those who to this day still make excuses for his pathetic NFL career. That list includes McNair, Asserley, Capers, McKinney, Kubiak, and some of the more out-of-touch fans (God bless Dunta for calling it like it is...so refreshing).

David might be the one who sucks and ultimately its on him for being so crappy, but its on everyone else for drafting him, signing him, resigning him, coddling him, and to this day continuing to make excuses for him and 'cover' for him. One day there will never be a Carr-related post in this thread and based on the precipitious fall his career is having, it wont be long. I don't think this forum has an Arena League or CFL forum after all, and David is such a pathetic QB he would have a hard time making the roster in either of those leagues. Just a pathetic pathetic QB and a completely unprofessional and undedicated professional athlete. His work ethic and intelligence are just woefully lacking enough to be even a marginal NFL QB.

Have a Happy New Year everyone and God bless all of you. Much love to all.

FILO_girl
12-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Well, I was trying to be nice and not call anyone out cause that always seems to get me in a sheeeettttt load of trouble, SOOOOOO, I apologize to those who have an open mind and don't blame ONE player for the failure of this franchise. I have NOT gotten on a DC soap box and I won't start now. This is Christmas, a time of year to be forgiving and caring, and a time of year to put the past behind us and move on!

Happy New Year everyone!!!
I don't believe anyone did blame Carr for all our problems in this thread, nor did I see anyone wish him personal ill will. We all have opinions on the performance of each individual cog in the Texans machine, and if someone agrees with any assessment on any given comment...well...it is the Miracle season. :texflag:

TEXANS84
12-26-2007, 09:47 AM
At this point in time, who cares anymore?

gary
12-26-2007, 09:55 AM
At this point in time, who cares anymore? I agree that's what I'm saying.

Revolution
12-26-2007, 10:22 AM
I wish him the best, but what I think is funny is that I knew exactly who you were talking about when the title said "Mr. Mittens".

:user:

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Happy New Year to all!

hollywood_texan
12-26-2007, 04:43 PM

David Carr got paid $35 million and got the opportunity of a lifetime!

No one should feel sorry for him and he should not expect anything from anybody else that does not know him personally.

I am sure there are a great number of athletes in high school that have gotten so called "trashed" worse than David Carr and never saw a dime for their lashings.

Carr is a grown man with a big bank account, give it a break trying to shame people on Christmas! Now that was really classy of you!

Dread-Head
12-26-2007, 05:03 PM
This is not one of my giggling moments. I believe that Carr will be released after this season, and given the damage to career, I doubt if there will be any takers unless the contract is so small, that it probably wouldn't be worth the effort.

I wonder given the Texans being a brand new franchise if David's career would have taken a different path if he would have been given the opportunity to serve as back up to Banks or some other seasoned veteran. It was clear to me before Carr was offered his last contract for the Texas that he would continue to be a struggling QB and often wonder if things would have been different is he had not been given the whole ball of wax from day one.

At any rate, I wish him well is his career path from the point. I believe that Carr's future is secure enough that arena football isn't an option.

I agree with you whole heartedly in this one. Had Carr had time to serve as a back up for a year or so would he have been better under fire? If he'd had an offensive line worth mentioning would he have been a better QB? We'll never be able to get beyond the realm of speculation on this one.
BTW despite my unflinching RANCOR for your favorite football team I have to admit that is quite the spiffy new avitar. I like it.

Mr. White
12-26-2007, 05:22 PM
David Carr couldn't score in a brothel. His modeling career starts this summer.

mexican_texan
12-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Tampa needs a few QBs this offseason. Raiders, Cards, Niners, Giants, 'Phins, Falcons, Titans, and maybe a few others, will be looking for starting and/or backup QBs. Carr will find something, probably at the minimum.

Dread-Head
12-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Dang. You guys are some mean ones aren't cha? I hope that man succedes if only to spite all the player-haters in this muff-hugga.

SheTexan
12-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Dang. You guys are some mean ones aren't cha? I hope that man succedes if only to spite all the player-haters in this muff-hugga.

DITTO!!!!:)

cuppacoffee
12-27-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm not a Carr football fan but I'll take the high road and hope that whatever he does he is happy and well.

:highfive:

Such a refreshing thought.

Some posters have difficulty taking the high road.

From a Panthers reporter on changes that need to be made by Carolina;

"Cutting David Carr’s going to be easy, but not for them. They regret putting the former No. 1 overall pick in the spot he was in, because it might have ended a promising career. It wasn’t his fault he had to play this year, but the playing was the last thing he needed."

We will never know what might have been under different circumstances.

I too wish him well.

http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/258594.html

:coffee:

Second Honeymoon
12-27-2007, 02:28 PM
:highfive:

Such a refreshing thought.

Some posters have difficulty taking the high road.

From a Panthers reporter on changes that need to be made by Carolina;

"Cutting David Carr’s going to be easy, but not for them. They regret putting the former No. 1 overall pick in the spot he was in, because it might have ended a promising career. It wasn’t his fault he had to play this year, but the playing was the last thing he needed."

We will never know what might have been under different circumstances.

I too wish him well.

http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/258594.html

:coffee:

our franchise committed themselves to Carr, but Carr did not commit himself to the franchise. that is the problem I have/had with Lil' Davey. he lollygagged, farmed his hair, and 'aww shucks'ed his way through 5 years and drove our franchise into the ground. he stole errr earned a fortune from the Texans and his family is set for life. Good for him. It ends there though. Now he is reaping what he sowed or more appropo, what he FAILED to sow. You get what you put into it and its obvious David put nothing into his job as NFL QB. Kudos to Carolina for realizing it after 1 year as opposed to our organization not realizing it until it was way too late. i am sure lil' davey is doing fine so excuse me if I don't shed any tears for him being a failure as an NFL QB. If you want to shed tears for him, that is fine and I respect that. Just don't pile on those who don't. He was well compensated and got what he deserved.

I am a true Texans fan. I care about my team and not personal allegiances to players and I care about my team winning. If your a good player, I like you. If you suck, go away. And I am not going to farm excuses for players failing and blaming it on everything else under the sun. I don't care about popularity contests, GQ cover shots, or Mimbo of the Year awards. I don't care about hair cuts or HEB commercials or his religion or any of that. See, I don't have a secondary agenda or any personal bias that others may have had/have. My only bias towards DC was that he sucked. Period. End of story. He sucked and now he is gone. Good for everyone involved....well not so much for David.

Was anyone actually surprised to see him fail miserably for the Panthers after witnessing him behind center for 5 years straight? It was funny how the Panthers OL became so horrible once David got in the game......sound familiar?

Texan_Bill
12-27-2007, 02:29 PM
I dont see where some light-hearted joking about David Carr needs to be taken so seriously.. I haven't seen (and maybe I missed some), where people attacked DC personally...

He hasn't seen near the ridicule that Ryan Leaf or other #1 busts took. All he's gotten is some mellow jokes.

Double Barrel
12-27-2007, 03:13 PM
"Mr. Mittens" :heh: sorry, that is funny!

lol:

BigWig
12-28-2007, 08:04 AM
I hope our newly demoted arena team which is now AF2 doesnt sign him, we really need to wins ome games!:wild:

Texan_Bill
12-28-2007, 08:09 AM
"Starting at quarterback for your Texas Copperheads, number 8.... David Carr"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Too late Wig^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope our newly demoted arena team which is now AF2 doesnt sign him, we really need to wins ome games!:wild:

Second Honeymoon
12-29-2007, 11:05 AM
BM,
I agree with you 100%. I don't let off the field BS or personal agendas/feelings get in the way of my feelings about my team or its players (past or present). I remain objective and always will be just like I am about everything in life. I just call it like it is and that means you have to call out David as being garbage and a complete failure as an NFL QB. Plain and simple. No excuses. And I am sorry, but I dont feel I have to feel sorry for him or give him some sort of unearned respect because he has had it 'so hard'. Last time I checked his bank account is huge and he was well compensated to play for our team.

And to anyone who thinks he is classy or accountable or even halfway professional, just remember what he said about the Texans when he got traded and how Carolina was a 'real team' and that he could have 'fun' now and how playing for the Texans just wasnt any 'fun'. Well he can stick the 'fun' where the sun dont shine for all I care. I could clean septic tanks by hand 365 days a year and still manage to find a way to have 'fun' for the amount of money he stole errrrr made.

I lost all respect for him when he made his comment 'I am just so happy to be with a real team' after he got traded to Carolina. IMHO, any real Texans fan would have cut ties with him after all those post-trade comments irregardless of personal bias or relationships especially after they saw how horrible he was behing a 'real offensive line' and a 'real team'. What is funny is that his 'real team' has a worse record than our 'horrible' and 'inept' franchise....hmm, I wonder what changed. addition by subtraction anyone? I bet David isn't having much fun being a 3rd string QB behind an undrafted rookie and a retired 50 year old QB they hired off of his couch....he is such a loser he probabl8y doesnt care as long as the checks still clear....so maybe Lil' Davey is still having fun. After all that is all that loser cares about. he can jump in a lake for all I care and no amount of pandering will ever change the fact that David Carr sucked, sucks, and will continue to suck.

Maybe he can do an Isotoner commercial as Mr. Mittens or do a spread for Playgirl.....

My 2007 'Carr Sucks' Rant #13,810,322

Have A Happy New Year, everyone.......oh and GO NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.....CHEATERS NEVER WIN!!!!

Honoring Earl 34
12-29-2007, 11:33 AM
OK, a tad harsh, but on point. I used to fall for the "Carr is a class guy" line myself - family oriented, religious, etc. But my Bible says I need to give my employer a good honest effort (even if I am a slave). Honeymoon is right: Carr took the money but never put in the effort. He skated by on the minimum effort required. His problem was not lack of phyiscal talent, it was lack of putting in the effort to develop himself. But he is still walking around with millions of Texans dollars in his pocket... I'm a season ticket holder, so yes, some of that money is MY money (although not as much as the real Bob McNair). So is he really "a class guy"? In retrospect, maybe not as much as he got credit for.

Unlike you, I don't believe this is a "failed franchise", I believe it is a "not yet successful franchise". No one thinks that Carr is the only reason for the problems this franchise has had, but any objective person would rate him very high on the list of "People Responsible for the Texans History of Problems".

This will kill a franchise . If Carr was Manning , he would have set the tone early on .

We developed a country club team because our lead dog , the numero uno player picked , face of the team , was a slacker . The coach will not have to ask the 45th player on the roster to bust his ass if the #1 player works his ass off .

You could see by the way the Texans drafted ( not taking OL early ) that they knew where the fault lied ... then they still resigned him . That reeks of the owner got to cozy with the help .

Carolina exposed him for what he was ... a say the right thing and deflect blame kind of guy . Finally the truth came out ... Carr cannot play .

Oh yeah ... why do you think so much pressure was put on Mario ? The 1# pick is supposed to be a no doubt star . It's not that he did'nt get coached right ... he had bad mechanics from the start ... clearly a front office screwup .

adam
12-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Carr's future is probably that of the journey man. He may make third string for a team somewhere, get released, and end up on a practice somewhere and hardly heard of again. Very similiar to Tim Couch, actually. The difference is that Couch actually wasn't as bad as people made him out to be. Carr was.

AnthonyE
12-29-2007, 02:36 PM
He'll go to the AFL. I'm sure he will flourish with a pass heavy offense earning 80k a year.

tulexan
12-29-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm predicting the opening of David Carr Chevrolet in Bakersfield, CA next year.

2BCF
12-31-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm predicting the opening of David Carr Chevrolet in Bakersfield, CA next year.

They better have a good HR dept., due to the high # of sacks.

Sack-n-Save might be a better business venture for the gloved one.

Second Honeymoon
12-31-2007, 01:57 PM

'Get your next car at Carr. Carr motors that is.'

Marcus
12-31-2007, 02:07 PM
For your enjoyment . . .

http://www.panthersfanz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12852

Thought you guys might be interested in the responses.

Honoring Earl 34
12-31-2007, 03:15 PM
For your enjoyment . . .

http://www.panthersfanz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12852

Thought you guys might be interested in the responses.

Dang Marcus , at the beginning of the season they were roasting Texan fans saying we were just a bad team and it was'nt Carr .

After we beat them , some woke up . After he started a few games and Steve Smith went off on him ... they turned on him .

I look at the senior bowl of 2002 ... actually google David Carr's senior bowl diary . It's a pretty good insight on what happened .

http://espn.go.com/ncf/seniorbowl/carrdiary1.html

http://espn.go.com/ncf/seniorbowl/carrdiary2.html

http://espn.go.com/ncf/seniorbowl/carrgamediary.html

drewmar74
12-31-2007, 05:23 PM
His Senior Bowl experience is tabbed as "fun" 13 times in that 3 episode diary.

What a shocker.

Bob McNair's earlier post about giving your employer a good honest effort was something that I had thought about many times but never posted just because I wasn't sure how well it would be received.

But since its out there, I'll give my $0.02 on it.

Carr, in my opinion, squandered a gift from God with his football career. He had a rare opportunity to make his family more money than most can dream of and set up his children's children's children so that they could be comfortable. Furthermore he could have made a huge difference in the lives of others with a fraction of his earnings by seeding into different ministries, churches, etc. All he had to do was work his tail off for a few years and then sit back and reap the rewards - the crop that his sweat would have grown for him.

Instead, he was reticent to accept blame and, from what I've read, was unwilling to put in the film study and practice time to develop what God blessed him with. So for being such a devout man, he surely did miss the boat on a huge blessing for him, his family, and for those less fortunate around him.

Oh well. I hate it for him, I really do. But I feel no pity for the man simply because he's still walking around with a ton of money that he didn't really earn (at least in my opinion).

GlassHalfFull
12-31-2007, 05:36 PM

What a shocker.

Bob McNair's earlier post about giving your employer a good honest effort was something that I had thought about many times but never posted just because I wasn't sure how well it would be received.

Carr, in my opinion, squandered a gift from God with his football career. He had a rare opportunity to make his family more money than most can dream of and set up his children's children's children so that they could be comfortable. Furthermore he could have made a huge difference in the lives of others with a fraction of his earnings by seeding into different ministries, churches, etc. All he had to do was work his tail off for a few years and then sit back and reap the rewards - the crop that his sweat would have grown for him.

Instead, he was reticent to accept blame and, from what I've read, was unwilling to put in the film study and practice time to develop what God blessed him with. So for being such a devout man, he surely did miss the boat on a huge blessing for him, his family, and for those less fortunate around him.

Oh well. I hate it for him, I really do. But I feel no pity for the man simply because he's still walking around with a ton of money that he didn't really earn (at least in my opinion).

This sort of leads in to some thoughts I've been having about 1st round busts. (And I am NOT talking about Mario here - I love him and think he is the exception to what I am mulling over.) Here are my thoughts, and I don't think they are complete or the final answer. But I wanted to throw it out for discussion

It takes a very special type of competitor/person to overcome the money and hype thrown at the top draft picks/big name players. How many 22 year olds are really prepared to deal with the attention the money brings? When you are a multi millionaire in your early 20's, it has to take something extra to care and put your body through the pain of becoming a premier athelete. Please don't flame me for saying this, yes this is what they are being paid the big bucks to do - but not everyone can stay hungry enough as a 22 year old millionaire to put in the effort required. My conclusion is that the huge contracts probably ruin some players, and this is a contributing factor to the number of 1st round busts that are seen.

Honoring Earl 34
12-31-2007, 05:41 PM
This sort of leads in to some thoughts I've been having about 1st round busts. (And I am NOT talking about Mario here - I love him and think he is the exception to what I am mulling over.) Here are my thoughts, and I don't think they are complete or the final answer. But I wanted to throw it out for discussion

It takes a very special type of competitor/person to overcome the money and hype thrown at the top draft picks/big name players. How many 22 year olds are really prepared to deal with the attention the money brings? When you are a multi millionaire in your early 20's, it has to take something extra to care and put your body through the pain of becoming a premier athelete. Please don't flame me for saying this, yes this is what they are being paid the big bucks to do - but not everyone can stay hungry enough as a 22 year old millionaire to put in the effort required. My conclusion is that the huge contracts probably ruin some players, and this is a contributing factor to the number of 1st round busts that are seen.

There is the problem . You can't measure what the greats have at the combine .

drewmar74
12-31-2007, 05:44 PM
My conclusion is that the huge contracts probably ruin some players, and this is a contributing factor to the number of 1st round busts that are seen.

I would tend to agree with that.

I think that some get the money in their hands and then get complacent. I think that some get to the big dance and aren't prepared mentally for the amount of work that is involved in staying at the top (I cite the Braylon Edwards commercial where he jokes that the NFL is a 12 month per year job - 13 months in a leap year).

I think that a great way to solve some of this is by generating contracts that are more performance based and less based on draft position. Or, how about throwing a cap on rookie contracts? Doesn't the NBA have a system like that?

GlassHalfFull
12-31-2007, 05:51 PM
I would tend to agree with that.

I think that some get the money in their hands and then get complacent. I think that some get to the big dance and aren't prepared mentally for the amount of work that is involved in staying at the top (I cite the Braylon Edwards commercial where he jokes that the NFL is a 12 month per year job - 13 months in a leap year).

I think that a great way to solve some of this is by generating contracts that are more performance based and less based on draft position. Or, how about throwing a cap on rookie contracts? Doesn't the NBA have a system like that?

This is where my thoughts were taking me. These ridiculus contracts for unproven (NFL level) players are getting to the point where it is a disadvantage to have a first round pick - just ask the Raiders. The last several (many) years, the press has decided who should be the top draft pick and woe to the team that goes outside the box and doesn't pick the press favorite. OK, I'm digressing.

brakos82
12-31-2007, 05:55 PM
This is where my thoughts were taking me. These ridiculus contracts for unproven (NFL level) players are getting to the point where it is a disadvantage to have a first round pick - just ask the Raiders. The last several (many) years, the press has decided who should be the top draft pick and woe to the team that goes outside the box and doesn't pick the press favorite. OK, I'm digressing.
Sounds familiar for some reason... :mario3:

Honoring Earl 34
12-31-2007, 10:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zeeMRDJ3Xs

WWJD
01-02-2008, 06:45 PM

What a shocker.

Just curious. How do you know how much he gave to churches? Ministries?

You presume a ton....he may very well have invested his money very wisely and may not have to worry about working again or his children for that matter.

The part about he missed a blessing just raised a flag with me.....his last contract I think had a signing bonus of something like $8 million. If that's missing a blessing well I'd like to be on the "missing" end of something like that.

drewmar74
01-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Just curious. How do you know how much he gave to churches? Ministries?

You presume a ton....he may very well have invested his money very wisely and may not have to worry about working again or his children for that matter.

The part about he missed a blessing just raised a flag with me.....his last contract I think had a signing bonus of something like $8 million. If that's missing a blessing well I'd like to be on the "missing" end of something like that.

I'll be the first to admit that my statements were presumptuous. However, I don't think that he maximized his potential and I don't think he fully committed to his employer. So said, (from where I am sitting) it doesn't look like he took full advantage of the opportunity that was before him. If so, I think its a shame.

Flip side of that is I don't know his entire story or circumstances so I should probably try to be less judgmental. If I had as many people passing judgment on my day to day actions, I'd probably be in deep kim-chi, Batman.

WWJD
01-04-2008, 08:40 AM
I'll be the first to admit that my statements were presumptuous. However, I don't think that he maximized his potential and I don't think he fully committed to his employer. So said, (from where I am sitting) it doesn't look like he took full advantage of the opportunity that was before him. If so, I think its a shame.

Flip side of that is I don't know his entire story or circumstances so I should probably try to be less judgmental. If I had as many people passing judgment on my day to day actions, I'd probably be in deep kim-chi, Batman.

No doubt he absolutely stunk it up as a player...whether from lack of skills or lack of effort I guess is for each person to comment on...no doubt though that his career has been a major wash.

HoustonFrog
01-04-2008, 08:48 AM
'Get your next car at Carr. Carr motors that is.'

Will it breakdown in heavy traffic?:whip:

HOU-TEX
01-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Will it breakdown in heavy traffic?:whip:

Why yes, It comes with the standard feature of running off the road before the white line at a stoplight to avoid that heavy traffic.

:whip:

brakos82
01-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Why yes, It comes with the standard feature of running off the road before the white line at a stoplight to avoid that heavy traffic.

:whip:

Do we have to get it changed every 5 years or 50000 miles? :whip:

axman40
01-04-2008, 09:59 PM
I vow to name all the cats in the Austin area Mr. Mittens!
:cowboy1:

Lucky
01-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Why isn't "Tour with Disney on Ice" one of the poll options?

http://www.madaboutmadrid.com/guide/disney.jpg