PDA

View Full Version : Interesting stat on Titans defense

TheRealJoker
12-23-2007, 11:06 PM
I was watching the Tacks play the Jets for a bit and after Vince turned the ball over for the 2nd time the announcers said that the Tacks have turned the ball over 30 times and have only allowed 42 points off of turnovers this season with only 3 of them being touchdowns. That is a crazy stat imo, turnovers are supposed to lose you football games but with a defense like that bailing you out that gives your team a tremendous edge.

Yet another example of defense winning games, unfortunately I doubt they'll be winning a championship anytime soon. Its been proven a great defense can win with a bad offense as long as the qb takes care of the ball and is just a "caretaker" like Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. However, they cant win the big one with a turnover machine like Rex Grossman at qb.

But nonetheless that is the most impressive stat i've seen this season. I watched one sequence where the Jets had the ball for 12 plays on back to back drives in the redzone (Vincent fumbled as soon as the Tacks intercepted Pennington in the endzone) and came away with 0 points.

kastofsna
12-24-2007, 01:00 AM
while we're on interesting stats, the Patriots have outscored Miami 70-7 in the first half this season.

TheRealJoker
12-24-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm sorry to hear that.