PDA

View Full Version : Foxsports: top FA (who could the Texan could target?)

Wolf
12-23-2007, 06:11 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7592192?MSNHPHMA

it is a little early (maybe a game early) but here it is.

Suggs and Julius Jones?

Sanders would get franchised

I put Julius Jones, but depending on ahman and if he can comeback

tulexan
12-23-2007, 06:13 PM
The Burner

brakos82
12-23-2007, 06:18 PM
The Grammar Police. :wild:

Maddict5
12-23-2007, 06:35 PM
are these the same guys that had weaver @ #6 2 yrs ago?

wwffan99tx
12-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Jared Allen. Put him out there with Mario and QB's will feel the pain.

b0ng
12-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Ryan Lilja looked good today.

steelbtexan
12-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Faneca, Justin Smith, & Eugene Wilson

TexanSam
12-23-2007, 08:56 PM
If we could get Jared Allen to team up with Mario Williams, I'd pee in my pants because I'd be so happy! I'd also go after either Julius Jones or Justin Fargas. Fargas is having a very solid year playing for a crappy Oakland team.

ObsiWan
12-23-2007, 09:32 PM
None of these guys look like "must haves" to me.
If I were to spend the boatloads of cash they're going to ask for, I'd spend it on a shutdown CB. And maybe Eugene Wilson or Gibril Wilson since we still need an impact safety.

Although if Tennessee wanted to let Albert Haynesworth walk, I'd definitely talk to his agent; if for no other reason than not to have to play his @ss next year.

Second Honeymoon
12-24-2007, 12:17 PM
I think Asante Samuel is probably our best bet to help our team immediately. We just can't count on Dunta to be 100% and if we do, shame on us.

Haynesworth and Faneca would both help our teams immensely but McNair is too much of a wuss to hire someone with a meanstreak like Haynesworth. He wants 'gentleman' and 'med school students' and 'choirboys' so he can continue to be a losing owner. God forbid having players with an edge or pride. if he didn't learn this lesson with Mr. Mittens for 5 years, I doubt he will ever get it through his thick head.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE FROM ME AND MY FAMILY

Leahmic223
12-24-2007, 10:50 PM
About Sanders...how could he be franchised...I don't really understand the rule but I thought the Colts already franchised Freeney, and if so they could STILL franchise Sanders?

Because i'm all for stealing talent from the Titans, Colts, and Jags.

PapaL
12-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Franchise tag is renewed every year (in most cases); it can not be used twice in the same year.

twelvegage
12-25-2007, 07:14 AM
IMO, do WHATEVER it takes to get Asante Samuel. However, should he decide that Houston's not a good fit for him, then I'd say go for Nnomdi Assumaghiajkedolkje, or whatever his name is. That guys been locking folks down for 2 years now in Oakland. He's young, and should be cheaper than Samuel. If we saved money on the CB position, hopefully that'd leave a little more money open to go in another direction, maybe a RB. I also like Fargas. I'm not so sold on the fact that he can do it all by himself for an entire season, but there's not many of those backs left in the league anyways, and I think he'd work PERFECTLY with the Dayne Train.

I think Faneca's too old to be throwing the money that he'll require, and he's not a LT =/ I think the Burner might be something special, but I'm a little hesitant on him. I'd say as long as he doesn't go in-division (which we don't have to worry about) then we have nothing to really worry about, I feel that we could snag somebody in this draft to work in with Dayne/Green/Fargas should Walker and Taylor not work out.

The1ApplePie
12-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Suggs all the way. Could fix both the pass rushing DE and OLB problems

If the Texans switch back to the 3-4 (or at least expand the hybrid system) and draft Conner
OLB: Suggs
ILB: Ryans
ILB: Conner
OLB: Mario

The Burner is a system back that is a product of the Chargers O-Line and Fullback. Sproles puts up similar numbers, and I don't see him getting named a football Jesus

Asante= System corner that will get overpaid, and then toasted like Jason David

Fargas has been fragile all his career, except his contract one.

YoungTexanFan
12-25-2007, 09:47 AM
IMO, do WHATEVER it takes to get Asante Samuel. However, should he decide that Houston's not a good fit for him, then I'd say go for Nnomdi Assumaghiajkedolkje, or whatever his name is. That guys been locking folks down for 2 years now in Oakland. He's young, and should be cheaper than Samuel. If we saved money on the CB position, hopefully that'd leave a little more money open to go in another direction, maybe a RB. I also like Fargas. I'm not so sold on the fact that he can do it all by himself for an entire season, but there's not many of those backs left in the league anyways, and I think he'd work PERFECTLY with the Dayne Train.

I think Faneca's too old to be throwing the money that he'll require, and he's not a LT =/ I think the Burner might be something special, but I'm a little hesitant on him. I'd say as long as he doesn't go in-division (which we don't have to worry about) then we have nothing to really worry about, I feel that we could snag somebody in this draft to work in with Dayne/Green/Fargas should Walker and Taylor not work out.

Actually, Tenn was very interested in Turner as a RFA, expect them to show a high interest as an UFA, especially with the poor play of Vince this year.

YoungTexanFan
12-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Franchise tag is renewed every year (in most cases); it can not be used twice in the same year.

Freeny got a new deal, so expect Sanders to be franchised and then get a new deal. He is the catalyst to their defense.

painekiller
12-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Actually, Tenn was very interested in Turner as a RFA, expect them to show a high interest as an UFA, especially with the poor play of Vince this year.

And they have a lot of cap space available. We are in the middle of the pack and they are one of the teams with the most money available. That should sober some of us up.

Vinny
12-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Actually, Tenn was very interested in Turner as a RFA, expect them to show a high interest as an UFA, especially with the poor play of Vince this year.I doubt the Titans do this...they have high picks invested in their backfield (two recent 2nd round picks) and Turner is going to have a big payday. Young needs a go-to legit #1 WR more than anything. His WR corps is the worst in the NFL and have dropped a ton of passes this season.

Goldensilence
12-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Suggs would get my vote. I liked him out of college and i think we should restructure Weaver's contract if we can.

I think we're young at safety and still have some other guy's I'd like see develop. In the mean time Demps should be resigned.

I'm good with Asomaugh or Trufant. I've said it before and will just re-interate how post NE players make me nervous. I wouldn't mind jacking someone from the defensive coaching staff though.

twelvegage
12-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Suggs would get my vote. I liked him out of college and i think we should restructure Weaver's contract if we can.

I think we're young at safety and still have some other guy's I'd like see develop. In the mean time Demps should be resigned.

I'm good with Asomaugh or Trufant. I've said it before and will just re-interate how post NE players make me nervous. I wouldn't mind jacking someone from the defensive coaching staff though.

i agree with you on all counts. Personally, I think I'd rather get Asomaugh over Trufant. I would really like to see us snag Suggs, regardless of what position we have him at, he's a legitimate pass rusher.

And about Tenn going for Turner, I didn't know about them going for him before, but I just didn't think they'd really target him with LenDale having a 1000 yard season, Brown being a suitable backup, and then the guy out of Arizona they just drafted early this year - I just can't see them paying big money on a RB this offseason.

AnthonyE
12-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Jared Allen and Bob Sanders = Gold.

Faneca is next on my list.

threetoedpete
12-26-2007, 12:48 PM
If we could get Jared Allen to team up with Mario Williams, I'd pee in my pants because I'd be so happy! I'd also go after either Julius Jones or Justin Fargas. Fargas is having a very solid year playing for a crappy Oakland team.

Well I'm going to be shocked if the main guys on the list aren't tagged. K.C. doesn't tag Allen, means they are in major rebuilding mode. Not going to be shocked if they don't draft Gonzo's eventual replcement this draft.

I see no major difference between Suggs now and Weaver then. The grass is always greener in the other pasture. One of these days the Texan will quit reaching for the M & Ms bag when it comes to free agents.

Walker , Weaver ...Suggs? I see a trend.