PDA

View Full Version : Texans @ Colts Gameday Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

TEXANRED
12-23-2007, 03:12 PM
We are imply out matched..........

But then is that a suprise to anyone?

Kinda, when its our starters against there second stringers.

disaacks3
I just find it sort of sad, though understandable in the midst of such a pathetic loss, that Sage having a bad game is indicative of his permanence as a back-up, where as Schaub can have an equally bad game and get off of the hook. I don't think either QB sucks, but I've seen nothing that would imply that Schaub is any better than Rosenfels. Which seems to be what people are implying. Tell us where Schaub got a legitimate chance as an NFL starter before Houston. While you're at it, tell us how many years Sage has in the league now vs. Schaub. Stop comparing them like the frame-of-reference is perfectly identical.

I say we blame brakos also. Yep, he snake-bit poor Sage again.

euro-Texan
Put Travis (the hitman) Johnson back in. He's piised and ready to kill

TexSon
12-23-2007, 03:13 PM
It's amazing how proficient this team is in destroying any goodwill. As soon as you think they have turned a corner, they play the worst game of the season.

TheIronDuke
I hate Peyton as much as anyone else but it's truly beautiful to watch him work. He reads defenses with ease and is always in control.

The1ApplePie
Will Sorgi come in a show Sage and Matt how a career back up Winz da gamez?

dtran04
It looked like Manning was coming out. Maybe w/ Sorgi, they will score a little slower. Mercy please.

b0ng
12-23-2007, 03:14 PM
I just find it sort of sad, though understandable in the midst of such a pathetic loss, that Sage having a bad game is indicative of his permanence as a back-up, where as Schaub can have an equally bad game and get off of the hook. I don't think either QB sucks, but I've seen nothing that would imply that Schaub is any better than Rosenfels. Which seems to be what people are implying.

I'm in that club too...just personal opinion but I'd imply that Schaub has played better than Rosenfels. Rosenfels has had a couple of decent games and has looked good in garbage time but after watching both guys I'd be much more inclined to start Schaub than Rosenfels if both healthy.

This, also Sage has been a backup for close to 7 years now, and Miami has had nobody. He could've easily competed if he had the talent.

Schaub is still pretty much unproven, but his flashes of brilliance (Carolina game, KC Game, NO Game) have far exceeded what Sage Rosenfels has shown.

Call it a mancrush on Matt Schaub, or some sort of love for Matt Schaub, or I'm swinging off of Matt Schaubs jock by it's two straps. But I believe that if the line issues are addressed, that Schaub has the higher ceiling of our two QB's.

He is somewhat "fragile", but I think protection would clean up this issue more than anything else.

Ckw
Man I want to see both Dungy and Peyton get hurt. Those pieces of crap. I've always respected Dungy but the way he is running up the score and going for it on 4th and 2 is making me sick. They are both pieces of crap.

gwallaia
Oh well. At least I have a long weekend.

Wolf
Will Sorgi come in a show Sage and Matt how a career back up Winz da gamez?

huh?

Maddict5
But can't take a hit to save his life.

..so far. still that doesnt make him a bad qb (hes good imo)

adam
I'm in that club too...just personal opinion but I'd imply that Schaub has played better than Rosenfels. Rosenfels has had a couple of decent games and has looked good in garbage time but after watching both guys I'd be much more inclined to start Schaub than Rosenfels if both healthy.

I think both play a similar sort of football. The only real difference I've noticed is that Schaub is more of an accuracy based QB (shorter passes, more completions, etc), where Rosenfels is more of a gunslinger of sorts. Either one, when playing up to their potential, has the ability to lead the team to victory. It's just a shame that Rosenfels will never get as much credit and will get more blame for doing the same things that Matt does simply because we paid out of the ass for Matt and no one wants to admit that it has serious retrospective bonehead potential.

brakos82
12-23-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm watching 2 garbage games as KC gets set to tie it... :bat:

Ckw
12-23-2007, 03:15 PM
And all you guys bad mouthing Schaub are clueless. The only thing that has helped Sage has been AJ, someone Schaub did not have for most of his season. And when Schaub did have AJ, he looked 10 times better at his worst than Sage has at his best.:texflag:

Wolf
12-23-2007, 03:16 PM
I think both play a similar sort of football. The only real difference I've noticed is that Schaub is more of an accuracy based QB (shorter passes, more completions, etc), where Rosenfels is more of a gunslinger of sorts. Either one, when playing up to their potential, has the ability to lead the team to victory. It's just a shame that Rosenfels will never get as much credit and will get more blame for doing the same things that Matt does simply because we paid out of the ass for Matt and no one wants to admit that it has serious retrospective bonehead potential.

helps to be a QB with AJ in the lineup

brakos82
Hey! Remember when we were 2-0...

me neither... :gun:

GlassHalfFull
Man I want to see both Dungy and Peyton get hurt. Those pieces of crap. I've always respected Dungy but the way he is running up the score and going for it on 4th and 2 is making me sick. They are both pieces of crap.

I took going for it on 4th and 2 more of an indication of lack of faith in Vinatieri than wanting to run up the score. He hasn't kicked one over 30 yds. this season.

adam
12-23-2007, 03:17 PM
This, also Sage has been a backup for close to 7 years now, and Miami has had nobody. He could've easily competed if he had the talent.

Schaub is still pretty much unproven, but his flashes of brilliance (Carolina game, KC Game, NO Game) have far exceeded what Sage Rosenfels has shown.

Call it a mancrush on Matt Schaub, or some sort of love for Matt Schaub, or I'm swinging off of Matt Schaubs jock by it's two straps. But I believe that if the line issues are addressed, that Schaub has the higher ceiling of our two QB's.

He is somewhat "fragile", but I think protection would clean up this issue more than anything else.

He has also had moments of sheer incompetence. Hell, even Carr had moments of brilliance (not that I am comparing the two). I will just have to see much more of Schaub before I believe in him. That said, if he doesn't hack it after next season, I would kick him to the curb. This isn't QB school, I don't want to see my team suffer another 5 years with a bad QB.

The1ApplePie
And all you guys bad mouthing Schaub are clueless. The only thing that has helped Sage has been AJ, someone Schaub did not have for most of his season. And when Schaub did have AJ, he looked 10 times better at his worst than Sage has at his best.:texflag:

If the Texans wanted an injury prone QB made by a WR, wasn't Culpepper a free agent?

TEXANRED
Oh well. At least I have a long weekend.

:beerfunnel:

disaacks3
12-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Hey! Remember when we were 2-0...

me neither... :gun: Remember who we played next to stall that momemntum?

TheIronDuke
Alright, 3rd quarter's over and the game's way out of reach. Time for Sage to shine!

Wolf
If the Texans wanted an injury prone QB made by a WR, wasn't Culpepper a free agent?

and Shaub was injury prone prior to this season?

Hardcore Texan
they just pulled the coverage in Dallas and went to the bengals/browns.

Anyone know how to listen on line?

Showtime100
Well, I said I'd bet ten bucks I lose the Texans at 2:30. It's 2:18 and I'm having to watch the EFFING Brrowns vs the EFFING Bengals. THANKS KEYE!!! (assh@les)

brakos82
12-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Remember who we played next to stall that momemntum?
The creepy guy from the Twilight Zone?

adam

:rolleyes: The old A.J. argument. Not to say that he doesn't help any QB look good. However, A.J. being on or off the field does change Schaub over/under throwing his reciever's and making mistakes under pressure. A.J.'s presence doesn't change how Schaub throws the football.

Ckw

Ha! I don't totally agree with you (Schaub will probably be a better QB than Culpepper) but rep. Funny.

euro-Texan
The Armed Forces Network just switched to the Browns game. I guess I will just ahve to read posts to find out how bad my team continues to play.

HOU-TEX
12-23-2007, 03:20 PM
I was wondering how long it'd be before we got to see the typical Texans to show up.

Until this team starts playing with any sort of consistancy they with continue to be mediocre at best.

Poor decisions at QB, turnovers and poor tackling. :gun:

Davebo

This isn't Pop Warner football.

If you don't want them to run up the score, STOP THEM!

I'd prefer a 56 to 7 loss rather than endure the pathetic "don't embarrass them" play.

Kubiak... who will be your new defensive coordinater?

brakos82
Favre-o just got INT'd.

TEXANRED
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsdrksdny89pq wha=- \yq234y 124y 38=\j[p
awg \awh \qw- q i=

GlassHalfFull

I think people have been too quick to call Schuab fragile. He took some very hard hits. What I would consider faulting him for is not having the situational awareness to avoid the hits. I also thought it was very bad playcalling in the Titans game, to call a pass play the next play after Schuab was obviously shaken up on the previous play.

brakos82
12-23-2007, 03:21 PM
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsdrksdny89pq wha=- \yq234y 124y 38=\j[p
awg \awh \qw- q i=
I'm about an hour behind you. :drunk:

TEXANRED
12-23-2007, 03:21 PM
The Armed Forces Network just switched to the Browns game. I guess I will just ahve to read posts to find out how bad my team continues to play.

i will keep you updated, we're losing.

Wolf
12-23-2007, 03:22 PM
:rolleyes: The old A.J. argument. Not to say that he doesn't help any QB look good. However, A.J. being on or off the field does change Schaub over/under throwing his reciever's and making mistakes under pressure. A.J.'s presence doesn't change how Schaub throws the football.

that argument doesn't help your pro-sage cause

The1ApplePie
12-23-2007, 03:22 PM
The Colts still aren't Pats bad.

At least they aren't throwing bombs when they are up by 50.

Ckw
12-23-2007, 03:23 PM

I feel you. My only point is there is no reason for everyone to make Schaub out to be on the same level or below Sage's level. Schaub is a much better QB, much more accurate, but he definitely needs to get the injury thing under control. After AJ went out, Schaub looked average to below-average aside from the NO games. But when it all comes down to it, I don't care who the QB is as long as we are winning games. Right now that hasn't been happening as much as I'd like with either guy.

Vinny
12-23-2007, 03:23 PM

I'd prefer a 56 to 7 loss rather than endure the pathetic "don't embarrass them" play.

yep, yep, and yep.

Wolf
12-23-2007, 03:24 PM
we can all agree on this: both QB's are better than what we had

TheIronDuke
Wow, did Sage just throw another pick?

Yep.

Hardcore Texan
Does anyone know where I can listen to the game online????

euro-Texan
Pull Him!!!

TEXANRED
:shots: :shots: :shots: :shots: :shots: :shots:

Ckw
12-23-2007, 03:25 PM

About the only good thing to come out of this game. Hopefully Richard Smith is gone. Bring on Jethro Franklin or Frank Bush. Just somebody new please.

Vinny
Sage is a career back up. He's a good reserve though...so we got that going for us.

brakos82
I wouldn't do that.

TexanSam
I think even video game Manning is thinking "Holy Sh*t!" after watching real Manning today

Showtime100
I just called KEYE........and was made fun of. I'm raising holy Hell about that.

TexanSam
Where's GP?

TheIronDuke

http://sportsradio610.com

But I wouldn't recommend listening, it's hard enough watching this crap.

TEXANRED
Pull Him!!!

Hey, we're still losing

brakos82
Post #100 in this thread. At least I'm winning in something today. :doot:

Vinny
12-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Wow, did Sage just throw another pick?

Yep.
He would have 4 or 5 today but the Colts defenders were too shocked to catch a couple of his throws right to them.

Ckw
Well at least an Aggie made the play. Whoop!

Wolf
dang I had a flashback of earlier thread .. "int" and" pull him" along with an "where can I listen to the game online"

I had to look at the time and page of this thread

seriouly it was deja vu with the posting and responses

euro-Texan
we can all agree on this: both QB's are better than what we had

Hmm, you did see the last play right? This performace has to go down as one of the 5 worse QB performances in Texans history.

The1ApplePie
12-23-2007, 03:27 PM
I don't think the Texans have a QB at all.

Both seem to have the same amount of talent, but one is fragile and the other crumbles under preasure.

Trade for Sorgi?

TexanSam
12-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Put Shane Boyd in. He can't be any worse

Wolf
12-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Hmm, you did see the last play right? This performace has to go down as one of the 5 worse QB performances in Texans history.

nope was in other room :hides: you mean worse than YkW?

disaacks3
:rolleyes: The old A.J. argument. Not to say that he doesn't help any QB look good. However, A.J. being on or off the field does change Schaub over/under throwing his reciever's and making mistakes under pressure. A.J.'s presence doesn't change how Schaub throws the football. OK, i've been wiling to give ya' the benefit of the doubt here too, but acting like losing your ONLY Pro-Bowl receiver doesn't affect the overall passing game is just silly.

I think Sage is an upper-tier BACKUP, but he's had a legit chance to be a starter and it hasn't happened. This is Schaub's FIRST chance as a starter - if our O-Line hadn't "whiffed" a few times against the Titans Defense, Sage would still be riding the pine.

Ckw
Where's GP?

Gary Payton?

TexSon
12-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Skinny receivers trucking our linebackers.

:rolleyes:

euro-Texan
Sage has a Vince-like 53 QB rating

TexanSam

There's a boat load of competition in that regard

GlassHalfFull
12-23-2007, 03:30 PM
OK, i've been wiling to give ya' the benefit of the doubt here too, but acting like losing your ONLY Pro-Bowl receiver doesn't affect the overall passing game is just silly.

I think Sage is an upper-tier BACKUP, but he's had a legit chance to be a starter and it hasn't happened. This is Schaub's FIRST chance as a starter - if our O-Line hadn't "whiffed" a few times against the Titans Defense, Sage would still be riding the pine.

I agree. Sage has had opportunities during his 7 yrs in the league. There is a reason (and we've seen 3 of them today) that he hasnt started regularly.

TEXANRED
12-23-2007, 03:30 PM
they are not hurt, they just want out of this game.

To quote a line from necessary roughness, "If this wasn't AstroTurf I would bury myself right there."

Ckw
12-23-2007, 03:31 PM
I agree. Sage has had opportunities during his 7 yrs in the league. There is a reason (and we've seen 3 of them today) that he hasnt started regularly.

There should have been 4-6 reasons...

Hardcore Texan
http://sportsradio610.com

But I wouldn't recommend listening, it's hard enough watching this crap.

Why are they talking over Mark Vandemeer.....I can't hear the game.

brakos82
Maybe we should move to the Astrodome... :tomato:

Wolf
they are not hurt, they just want out of this game.

To quote a line from necessary roughness, "If this wasn't AstroTurf I would bury myself right there."

2 hurt on one play?

The1ApplePie
12-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Maybe we can resign Carr, then put all 3 QBs into some kind of Island of Dr. Moreau experiment:

Carr's toughness and mobility
Matt's Arm and awarness
Sage's intangibles

Matt Carrenfels for MVP baby!

TheIronDuke
12-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Why are they talking over Mark Vandemeer.....I can't hear the game.

I don't know, I listen on the radio. Who's talking over Mark Vandermeer?

b0ng
12-23-2007, 03:34 PM
He has also had moments of sheer incompetence. Hell, even Carr had moments of brilliance (not that I am comparing the two). I will just have to see much more of Schaub before I believe in him. That said, if he doesn't hack it after next season, I would kick him to the curb. This isn't QB school, I don't want to see my team suffer another 5 years with a bad QB.

You're just taking your hurt feelings from having Carr on the team for so long and trying to transfer them to the new guy (Schaub).

Pretty much the games where Schaub has done well, and even some games he hasn't, he's made Kevin Walter, and Andre Davis threats. He's shown plenty enough for me to think that if he has a better offensive line and more of a running game that he can be good for 250+ yards and a few TD's every game. I also think his interceptions will go down because he will have had another year in the system.

Yeah suffering for 5 years with a bad QB is bad, but this is Schaubs 1st year, and I think he's done enough to be playing for the Texans in his second.

brakos82
12-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Can we move this to the Carr thread? We have a game to lose here!

AnthonyE
12-23-2007, 03:36 PM
If we go 7-9 this season, I'll be pissed.

Not much of an improvement over last season...

euro-Texan
A Carr led team beat the Colts exactly once. Out of what, ten games?
Whoop dee freakin doo.

I sure hope we're not saying that about the new guy in four years

brakos82
If we go 7-9 this season, I'll be pissed.

Not much of an improvement over last season...
Maybe I should wait to head back to Houston then...

euro-Texan
12-23-2007, 03:37 PM

Classic! That is going to be my new signature if you don't mind

Vinny
12-23-2007, 03:37 PM
done :heart:

Hardcore Texan
12-23-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't know, I listen on the radio. Who's talking over Mark Vandermeer?

I clicked on the link and then click on Listen Live.....and it is around the league updates over Mark in the background.....I can't even hear the play by play. Or Mark at all for that matter.

euro-Texan
12-23-2007, 03:38 PM
I wonder how many times Sage will throw behind AJ before he gets him killed?

Shaft75
12-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Word of the day...

Ineptitude

TEXANRED
12-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Oh No.....we Suck Again!!!!!!!!!!

brakos82
12-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Classic! That is going to be my new signature if you don't mind
Go right ahead...

Guess you already did... except you forgot an end quote...

The1ApplePie
12-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Maybe its time to draft the Mighty Quinn

Well, too late:gun:

euro-Texan
12-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Well that sure wasn't a late hit

brakos82
12-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Whoop-de-do...

Showtime100
12-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Jennifer @ KEYE likes to make fun of Texans. I'm thinking evil thoughts. Thing is, Gary not only wouldn't fire her, but would probably give her a raise.

Gary Vinson @ KEYE (512) 490-2159. Ask for Jennifer to be fired.

GlassHalfFull
12-23-2007, 03:44 PM
I hope the fans don't over react about this loss. We played very well the last two games and started believing again. This game is a reality check. We are playing an excellent football team and they are beating us. No reason to throw the team or coaches under the bus for today.

BSofA04
12-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Jennifer @ KEYE likes to make fun of Texans. I'm thinking evil thoughts. Thing is, Gary not only wouldn't fire her, but would probably give her a raise.

Gary Vinson @ KEYE (512) 490-2159. Ask for Jennifer to be fired.

What did she say?

crunkbuc4d1
12-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Anybody that's a member or future member of The Captain's Deck, join us in the chat room for the Bucs game. It'll be nice to have some fans from our favorite board hanging around with us. The crew should be ready to go in the next 20 minutes.

TEXANRED
12-23-2007, 03:50 PM
What did she say?

I am sure nothing that wasnt true.

TheIronDuke
12-23-2007, 03:50 PM
I clicked on the link and then click on Listen Live.....and it is around the league updates over Mark in the background.....I can't even hear the play by play. Or Mark at all for that matter.

I think you have to be in Houston to hear it. Try a proxy address or use http://www.ninjaproxy.com I don't know if it'll work but it's worth a shot.

Showtime100
12-23-2007, 03:51 PM
What did she say?

As she was laughing she asked me if I thought the Texans would make a miraculous comeback. I said it didn't matter, I'm here to watch my team, my team, the AFC rep from Texas. She said it's not like they're the Cowboys while laughing. I got too angry to talk in a civilized manner by then and ended the conversation.

euro-Texan
12-23-2007, 03:52 PM
you know I think we can pull this one off. If we score here, onside kick and score withing 16 seconds. Then repeat about 5 times

Showtime100
12-23-2007, 03:54 PM
I am sure nothing that wasnt true.

It wasn't professional for starters, and again, it doesn't matter. The Texans should be on over the battle of Ohio.

SheTexan
I hope the fans don't over react about this loss. We played very well the last two games and started believing again. This game is a reality check. We are playing an excellent football team and they are beating us. No reason to throw the team or coaches under the bus for today.

The Colts are playing without 5 of their starters. NO excuse for such poor play. JMO! This is typical Kubiak inappitude coaching. Our guys do not seem to be prepared, and once again, we are being out coached. For those who want baby Shanahan as our next OC, better think twice. I'm getting sick and tired of coaches using the TEXANS as a "learning" experience. FOR GAWDS sake, give us ONE FRIGGIN coach who knows what the hell he is doing!!!!:mad:

b0ng
As she was laughing she asked me if I thought the Texans would make a miraculous comeback. I said it didn't matter, I'm here to watch my team, my team, the AFC rep from Texas. She said it's not like they're the Cowboys while laughing. I got too angry to talk in a civilized manner by then and ended the conversation.

It's allright, rooting for the Cowboys will get her in the end.

brakos82
12-23-2007, 03:58 PM
38-15

euro-Texan
12-23-2007, 03:58 PM
onside kick!!!

Showtime100
12-23-2007, 03:59 PM
It's allright, rooting for the Cowboys will get her in the end.

Yeah, I don't sound it right now, but life is good. The wife and I are home for the Holliday's, it's just irritating when stacked on top of the rest of KEYE's bs.

euro-Texan
12-23-2007, 03:59 PM
quitters!!!!

TEXANRED
12-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm out.

:shots: :shots: :shots: :shots: :shots: :shots:

brakos82
12-23-2007, 04:01 PM
It's snowing in Buffalo.

Vinny
12-23-2007, 04:02 PM
oh well...unless we beat Jacksonville next week this season's record will end up no better than Capers best season.

euro-Texan
12-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Give Kubia credit for lulling Jax into not practising for next weeks game

Showtime100
12-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Give Kubia credit for lulling Jax into not practising for next weeks game

With an assist from the Raiders. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons%20II/thhilarious.gif

b0ng
12-23-2007, 04:10 PM
oh well...unless we beat Jacksonville next week this season's record will end up no better than Capers best season.

It'll also be no worse than Capers best season either! :splits:

TexanSam
12-23-2007, 04:20 PM
I wonder if the Texans would have played any better if we still had playoff hopes, no matter how slim they may have been

brakos82
12-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Troy Smith looking good so far.

How bad is Miami losing?

I won this thread. :tease:

Leahmic223
12-23-2007, 04:30 PM
I wonder if the Texans would have played any better if we still had playoff hopes, no matter how slim they may have been

Something I wonder too.

If they would have played with more heart had they still had a chance to sneak in, then I have to put the blame on Kubiak for not getting them fired up to play this game.

Look at the Bears and Bengals. They still played a good game of football despite having no hope of getting in. Why can't we do that? I guess next week at home they are just going to mail it in and call it a year...we'll see.

tulexan
12-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Troy Smith looking good so far.

How bad is Miami losing?

I won this thread. :tease:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/6e/400px-Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

brakos82
12-23-2007, 04:33 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/6e/400px-Choco_chip_cookie.jpg
What about the whipped cream? :bat: :sarcasm:

Texans_Chick
12-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Something I wonder too.

If they would have played with more heart had they still had a chance to sneak in, then I have to put the blame on Kubiak for not getting them fired up to play this game.

Look at the Bears and Bengals. They still played a good game of football despite having no hope of getting in. Why can't we do that? I guess next week at home they are just going to mail it in and call it a year...we'll see.

The Texans play terrible on the road. They do.

You can't make mistakes on the road. You double plus can't make mistakes against the Peyton.

The End.

Ckw
12-23-2007, 04:35 PM
The Colts are playing without 5 of their starters. NO excuse for such poor play. JMO! This is typical Kubiak inappitude coaching. Our guys do not seem to be prepared, and once again, we are being out coached. For those who want baby Shanahan as our next OC, better think twice. I'm getting sick and tired of coaches using the TEXANS as a "learning" experience. FOR GAWDS sake, give us ONE FRIGGIN coach who knows what the hell he is doing!!!!:mad:

Boy when the team sucks, let's blame the ____. I mean there's no way the loss couldn't have been a team effort (or lack thereof). These posts are boring and just plain ignorant.

Ckw
12-23-2007, 04:37 PM
The Texans play terrible on the road. They do.

You can't make mistakes on the road. You double plus can't make mistakes against the Peyton.

The End.

Exactly. You can't throw 3 INTs on the road. But hey, let's all get together and bash Kubiak!! I'm so tired of the ignorance. We play well and everyone jumps on the Kubiak bandwagon. We don't play well and everyone calls for his head. Pick a side and stay there!

brakos82
12-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Exactly. You can't throw 3 INTs on the road. But hey, let's all get together and bash Kubiak!! I'm so tired of the ignorance. We play well and everyone jumps on the Kubiak bandwagon. We don't play well and everyone calls for his head. Pick a side and stay there!
Well he turned me into a newt.

A Newt?

Thorn
12-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Guess I didn't miss a whole lot today. From what I read on NFL.com, it's a typical Texan game. We score first, then the other team scores a bunch of TDs on us.

I do have a question, I saw in the stats where Mario got another sack. Did he knock Manning down good? Just wondering.

tulexan
12-23-2007, 04:42 PM

Kubiak had nothing to do with this loss. We played against one of the best teams in the league in their house with our backup QB starting. This game was a reality check. We can beat bad teams and mediocre teams when we are playing our best, but with our injuries we aren't talented enough to play with the big boys yet.

Ckw
12-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Well he turned me into a newt.

A Newt?

What exactly is a newt? What exactly was the point of your post?

Ckw
12-23-2007, 04:47 PM
I do have a question, I saw in the stats where Mario got another sack. Did he knock Manning down good? Just wondering.

It was ok. He came around from Manning's blind side and knocked into him. Wasn't anything big. Then TJ fell on top of Manning and they called unnecessary toughness for 15 yds. So it really ruined the moment.

tulexan
12-23-2007, 04:48 PM
What exactly is a newt? What exactly was the point of your post?

I don't know if you've noticed, but he is clearly going for quantity instead of quality with his posts.

12-23-2007, 04:50 PM
mario had a decent game today, got some good pressure... manning is just really, really good at getting rid of the ball.

Ckw
12-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I don't know if you've noticed, but he is clearly going for quantity instead of quality with his posts.

Hadn't noticed but thanks for clarifying. I was extremely puzzled.

ObsiWan
12-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Kubiak had nothing to do with this loss. We played against one of the best teams in the league in their house with our backup QB starting. This game was a reality check. We can beat bad teams and mediocre teams when we are playing our best, but with our injuries we aren't talented enough to play with the big boys yet.

Exactly.

We're pulling ourselves out of the mud, but we've a ways to go before we can shut down the likes of Manning or Brady. Some of y'all need to face reality.

Maddict5
12-23-2007, 05:36 PM
good posts guys^^

let the overreacters react... we got beat bad by a great team playing very well and we didnt play very well at all..bad days happen- the growing pains arent finished yet obviously

HOU-TEX
12-23-2007, 05:47 PM
mario had a decent game today, got some good pressure... manning is just really, really good at getting rid of the ball.

Not really. He stunk as bad as the rest of them against the run. He could pressure the QB all day long, but it doesn't mean diddly if the next run play goes for 15 yards.

We were horrible. They didn't show up to play. :gun:

Maddict5
12-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Guess I didn't miss a whole lot today. From what I read on NFL.com, it's a typical Texan game. We score first, then the other team scores a bunch of TDs on us.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG16&game_id=29425

1 min into it...a quality sack. beat a double-team (ragdolled the first guy and spun around the second before the bs call)

4Texans
12-23-2007, 06:41 PM
OH Well......... I didn't get to watch much of the game today, but it looks like we didn't show up today!

Come on 8-8!

Hervoyel
12-23-2007, 11:31 PM
You know, on days like today I think we should change the thread title to something else. It's hard to call what we saw today a "game" so "Gameday Thread" just doesn't work for me. We didn't really make much of a game of it.

Maybe we should call it "Texans at Colts Sacrificial Lamb Thread" or something.