PDA

View Full Version : 08 Fa

BigBull17
12-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Anyone know where I can find a link to a list of 08 FA?

TEXANRED
12-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Anyone know where I can find a link to a list of 08 FA?

with a little help from out friends at Yahoo.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=All&y=2008

BigBull17
12-19-2007, 10:44 PM
with a little help from out friends at Yahoo.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=All&y=2008

Thanks

TexanAddict
12-20-2007, 01:42 AM
Also here:

Link (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/nfl/freeagentsDB.html)

TheRealJoker
12-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Does anyone have any updates on Justin Fargas, Fred Taylor, and Derrick Ward? They were listed as UFA but I was wondering if they've resigned. I'm particularly interested in Justin Fargas.

He's young and fast but doesn't have the same hype as Michael Turner despite proving he is a starting caliber running back this season. Despite only starting 7 games so far this season he's already over 1,000 yards.

He could be the homerun back we've been looking for and I think he'd do very well as a feature back for this football team. Been in the league since 2003 but there's not a lot of tread on those tires, plus he's proven he can carry the load this season.

GuerillaBlack
12-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah I would like him here. If the Texans win out, or at least go .500, he will be interested (hopefully). Our O-Line is also better than Oakland's (at least I think so).

ATX
12-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Turner is alot better than Fargas IMO.

Texan_Bill
12-20-2007, 12:40 PM
As far as RB's go, I noticed that Vernand Morency - of the Houston Texans is a RFA. :pirate:

ATX
12-20-2007, 01:04 PM
As far as RB's go, I noticed that Vernand Morency - of the Houston Texans is a RFA. :pirate:

Yeah, that first link is way off, probably written in 05 or 06.

TheRealJoker
12-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Turner is alot better than Fargas IMO.

He may be, but he's also less proven than Fargas. I'd prefer if we spend $$ in free agency we'd spend it on a proven commodity that is also young and has low tread on his tires than a young low tread unproven commodity.

steelbtexan
12-20-2007, 05:37 PM
I've been banging the drum for huggy bears son (Fargas for some time). He hurt his knee & is out for the season. Has anyone heard how bad he hurt the knee?

ATX
12-20-2007, 09:28 PM
He may be, but he's also less proven than Fargas. I'd prefer if we spend $$ in free agency we'd spend it on a proven commodity that is also young and has low tread on his tires than a young low tread unproven commodity.

Sure he hasn't carried the load a full season, but his numbers are continuously high, especially yards per carry, and he has several carries over 70 yards. I think he would start over Fargas on the Raiders......and several teams for that matter. He has more experience than Schaub had, so I don't see it as that big of a deal. Fargas hasn't really done much other than this year IIRC.

tulexan
12-20-2007, 09:37 PM
I would take Turner over Fargas 10/10 times even if he is more expensive. He is big, fast, has proven success in the league, and very little wear on his tires. What more do you want? He'll get a lot of money, but he isn't going to get crazy money because teams don't pay running backs a lot unless they are drafted high or have several years of being one of the top running backs in the league. Chester Taylor would be a good comp to Turner. He was a backup who did very well, decided to enter FA and got a 4 year 14.1MM contract with 5.6MM guaranteed. I would be surprised if Turner gets a contract that is much higher than Ahman Green's 4 year 23MM and I would have no problem giving him that kind of money.

TheRealJoker
12-20-2007, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with signing Turner for a contract similar to Taylor's. But I dont think someone who has never carried the rock over 100 times in an NFL season and has the luxury of being the backup to the best RB in the NFL is a proven back.

Which is why i'd be more inclined to pay Fargas, he's proven he can carry the load at this level. As good as Turner looks as a backup, its still as a backup and a much easier spot to be a backup than most teams imo.