PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens of the Dallas Cowboys to Jessica Simpson: Back off our quarterback

Hagar
12-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Terrell Owens of the Dallas Cowboys to Jessica Simpson: Back off our quarterback (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-tojessicasimpson&prov=ap&type=lgns)

He just can't keep is big mouth shut!

:zipit:

Kaiser Toro
12-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Awesome! Dallas is about to implode.

SA Texan
12-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Goooo Jessica!

adam
12-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Back off my man!

That's only slightly homoerotic.

StarStruck
12-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Sounded like a joke to me. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Romo hasn't taken a lot of ribbing about his performance when his girlfriend was in attendance. Now of course the ultra sensitive would be offended. Hopefully a football player has thicker skin. Personally, I hope that he was putting too much pressure on himself to impress his woman, than having a Kurt Warner type of injury. I didn't feel offended when a friend told me to back away from the roulette table because he seemed to have bad luck when I showed up. No problem, I would never want to be the one to slow his roll.

GlassHalfFull
12-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Hey, lets start a fund to buy tickets for Jessica for the rest of the Cowgirls games. Dread, are you in?

StarStruck
12-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Hey, lets start a fund to buy tickets for Jessica for the rest of the Cowgirls games. Dread, are you in?

Romo only has one free pass. From this point forward, he better scramble, pass and act more like Mario Williams is behind him than Jessica in the stadium.

Specnatz
12-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Sounded like a joke to me. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Romo hasn't taken a lot of ribbing about his performance when his girlfriend was in attendance. Now of course the ultra sensitive would be offended. Hopefully a football player has thicker skin. Personally, I hope that he was putting too much pressure on himself to impress his woman, than having a Kurt Warner type of injury. I didn't feel offended when a friend told me to back away from the roulette table because he seemed to have bad luck when I showed up. No problem, I would never want to be the one to slow his roll.

I know I have homeristic tendecies but you take it above and beyond the cal of duty.

Ribbing in the locker room is one thing, but to say that on the air and say the entire clubhouse is no fan of hers at this point is just being an ASS.

StarStruck
12-19-2007, 07:37 PM
I know I have homeristic tendecies but you take it above and beyond the cal of duty.

Ribbing in the locker room is one thing, but to say that on the air and say the entire clubhouse is no fan of hers at this point is just being an ASS.

If one chooses to be offended, then so be it. I expect more Texans fans to see this in a negative light than Romo. Look for reasons to hate long enough and you will find some, served TO style.

T.O.'s advice to Romo
6:46 PM Wed, Dec 19, 2007 | Permalink
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
For those folks tired of girly gossip, breathe easy. This post has nothing to do with Jessica Simpson.

T.O. said this morning that he'd advise Tony Romo to sit out Saturday if his bruised right thumb needs the rest.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/tmacmahon/stories/121707dnspomacmahon.2bab5c1.html

"Be smart and realize that with the guys we have in this locker room, I feel like we can go into Carolina with Brad [Johnson] and win," T.O. said. "If it takes him to sit out a week to rest that thing, then I would really encourage that."

TEXANS84
12-19-2007, 07:44 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/hockey/archives/jessica.jpg

StarStruck
12-19-2007, 07:48 PM

lol

Showtime100
12-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Look for reasons to hate long enough and you will find some, served TO style.

Look for reasons to be a fan long enough.........j/k.

HoustonFrog
12-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Wasn't Romo supposed to be a mess this year because of the fumbled snap?That's what I thought.:cowboy1: I doubt this causes any problems.

Dread-Head
12-19-2007, 08:20 PM

Normally I would be...but I think she gets in free.

StarStruck
12-19-2007, 08:24 PM
While on the TO subject, here's another one to critique.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/12/to_says_nfls_right_to_crack_down_on_roy.html

Dread-Head
12-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Terrell Owens of the Dallas Cowboys to Jessica Simpson: Back off our quarterback (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-tojessicasimpson&prov=ap&type=lgns)

He just can't keep is big mouth shut!

:zipit:

Dare I dream that T.O.'s Dallas Honeymoon is over? Did the REAL T.O Finally show up? Somehow I knew he would. The only other receiver in the NFL whom I find more entertaining than this muff-hugga is Chad Johnson...but then "Ocho-Cinco" is just plain entertaining. :user:

StarStruck
12-19-2007, 08:32 PM
The only other receiver in the NFL whom I find more entertaining than this muff-hugga is Chad Johnson...but then "Ocho-Cinco" is just plain entertaining. :user:

That opinion would change if Ocho-Cinco were to wear the Star.:)

FILO_girl
12-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Maybe Jessica could wear a lovely pink #81 to the next Cowboys game. :woot2

Dread-Head
12-19-2007, 10:09 PM
That opinion would change if Ocho-Cinco were to wear the Star.:)

(ahem) Despite my IMMEASURABLE (and in my opinion JUSTIFIED) rancor of the Dallas Cowboy organization. I would never imply that I didn't respect them OR some of the fine individuals who play for them. I respect any team that could win 4 superbowls. I know you're about to correct me and remind the that they won five, but that last one where Neil O'Donnel dedicated the 4th quarter of the MOST important game of his career to throwing to guys in white jerseys was a GIFT. O'Donnel knows it, Larry Brown knows it, Emmit, Troy, Michael and even the caretaker coach SWITZER knows it.
I think Landry was one of the greatest coaches in the history of football. Bob Lilly, Randy White, Roger "The Dodger" Staubach, Tony Dorsette, Ed "Too tall" Jones, Emmerson Walls, Golden Richards and Danny White have my eternal respect. But that doesn't mean that I LIKE the muff-huggas!
I think most receivers are a type of vermin just below sewer rats and divorce attorneys. They are loudmouthed braggarts who GENERALLY deserve the vicious collisions they get when going across the middle...BUT as receivers go I respect T.O. He's far from overrated. He IS as good as many say he is and will make it into the hall of fame without question. I still find the man as entertaining as he ever was, but I kind of wish that were playing for another team AND would stop shooting himself in the foot before he runs out of toes.
I respect T.O. a thousand times more than I would EVER respect Michael Irvin because:

1. T.O. has never been arrested.
2. He's yet to violate the NFL's substance abuse policy
3. unlike Irvin's b-yatch @ss he earns his receptions by burning DBs rather than using Irvin's pattented "push off." It's easy to be one of the top receivers when you're constantly committing offensive pass interference and getting away with it.

Yes I would respect Chad Johnson if he were a Cowboy, I just wouldn't like him. T.O.'s only fault is that he doesn't know when to zip it. I hope I didn't offend you with my opinion, but bear in mind it is simpy my opinion.:user:

StarStruck
12-19-2007, 11:06 PM
(ahem) Despite my IMMEASURABLE (and in my opinion JUSTIFIED) rancor of the Dallas Cowboy organization. I would never imply that I didn't respect them OR some of the fine individuals who play for them. I respect any team that could win 4 superbowls. I know you're about to correct me and remind the that they won five, but that last one where Neil O'Donnel dedicated the 4th quarter of the MOST important game of his career to throwing to guys in white jerseys was a GIFT. O'Donnel knows it, Larry Brown knows it, Emmit, Troy, Michael and even the caretaker coach SWITZER knows it.
I think Landry was one of the greatest coaches in the history of football. Bob Lilly, Randy White, Roger "The Dodger" Staubach, Tony Dorsette, Ed "Too tall" Jones, Emmerson Walls, Golden Richards and Danny White have my eternal respect. But that doesn't mean that I LIKE the muff-huggas!
I think most receivers are a type of vermin just below sewer rats and divorce attorneys. They are loudmouthed braggarts who GENERALLY deserve the vicious collisions they get when going across the middle...BUT as receivers go I respect T.O. He's far from overrated. He IS as good as many say he is and will make it into the hall of fame without question. I still find the man as entertaining as he ever was, but I kind of wish that were playing for another team AND would stop shooting himself in the foot before he runs out of toes.
I respect T.O. a thousand times more than I would EVER respect Michael Irvin because:

1. T.O. has never been arrested.
2. He's yet to violate the NFL's substance abuse policy
3. unlike Irvin's b-yatch @ss he earns his receptions by burning DBs rather than using Irvin's pattented "push off." It's easy to be one of the top receivers when you're constantly committing offensive pass interference and getting away with it.

Yes I would respect Chad Johnson if he were a Cowboy, I just wouldn't like him. T.O.'s only fault is that he doesn't know when to zip it. I hope I didn't offend you with my opinion, but bear in mind it is simpy my opinion.:user:

I like Mike! Even prayed for him back in the day when he was acting a plum fool, but even then could see the diamond in the rough. I recall when Emmitt and Dione began appearing on TBN, along with a few other Cowboys, and I thought if only they could get to Michael. In due time he appeared on Christian broadcasting as one of the most humble and repentent individuals that I have seen.

It's unfortunate the Mike caused a lot of pain to himself, family and team before maturing, yet he doesn't shy away from acknowledging his past and the price paid (look up, stand up, and never give up).

Many people talk about how great things were when Tom Landry was coach, a man that most hold fond memories as a gentleman above most. However, he had his share of characters too, so the Johnson/Switzer days were not the beginning of interesting people within the organization. I also remember reading about a couple of parties that Dorsett hosted that had some interesting results.

Neal O'Donnell is special, our honorary MVP. He will always have a special place in Boys fans heart. Switzer will also always be special as well, but it goes back to the days when he coached at OU. Dante Jones mom told an intersting story about his sense of humor while still coaching at OU. Oh, whatever happened to Larry Brown, as well as Alvin Harper? Oh, but New England wouldn't have won their 1st superbowl without the benefit of the tuck rule.

I do think that some of the challenges that TO has had going back to the days of the 49ers and Eagles probably clouded the fact that TO is a comedian, and much of what he says and does is pure comedy. Aside from that though, he has a work ethic that is second to none.

Specnatz
12-20-2007, 02:11 AM
If one chooses to be offended, then so be it. I expect more Texans fans to see this in a negative light than Romo. Look for reasons to hate long enough and you will find some, served TO style.

T.O.'s advice to Romo
6:46 PM Wed, Dec 19, 2007 | Permalink
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
For those folks tired of girly gossip, breathe easy. This post has nothing to do with Jessica Simpson.

T.O. said this morning that he'd advise Tony Romo to sit out Saturday if his bruised right thumb needs the rest.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/tmacmahon/stories/121707dnspomacmahon.2bab5c1.html

"Be smart and realize that with the guys we have in this locker room, I feel like we can go into Carolina with Brad [Johnson] and win," T.O. said. "If it takes him to sit out a week to rest that thing, then I would really encourage that."

So now TO is giving bullintin board material to the Panthers? He is not very bright his he. I mean even my blond niece who is 23 going on 16 knows more about when to keep her mouth shut than he does.

Texan_Bill
12-20-2007, 07:49 AM

That would have been a great "Caption This" pic

Texan_Bill
12-20-2007, 07:50 AM
So now TO is giving bullintin board material to the Panthers? He is not very bright his he. I mean even my blond niece who is 23 going on 16 knows more about when to keep her mouth shut than he does.

23 huh???? Don't bring her around these parts.

Dread-Head
12-20-2007, 09:52 AM
I like Mike! Even prayed for him back in the day when he was acting a plum fool, but even then could see the diamond in the rough. I recall when Emmitt and Dione began appearing on TBN, along with a few other Cowboys, and I thought if only they could get to Michael. In due time he appeared on Christian broadcasting as one of the most humble and repentent individuals that I have seen.

It's unfortunate the Mike caused a lot of pain to himself, family and team before maturing, yet he doesn't shy away from acknowledging his past and the price paid (look up, stand up, and never give up).

Many people talk about how great things were when Tom Landry was coach, a man that most hold fond memories as a gentleman above most. However, he had his share of characters too, so the Johnson/Switzer days were not the beginning of interesting people within the organization. I also remember reading about a couple of parties that Dorsett hosted that had some interesting results.

Neal O'Donnell is special, our honorary MVP. He will always have a special place in Boys fans heart. Switzer will also always be special as well, but it goes back to the days when he coached at OU. Dante Jones mom told an intersting story about his sense of humor while still coaching at OU. Oh, whatever happened to Larry Brown, as well as Alvin Harper? Oh, but New England wouldn't have won their 1st superbowl without the benefit of the tuck rule.

I do think that some of the challenges that TO has had going back to the days of the 49ers and Eagles probably clouded the fact that TO is a comedian, and much of what he says and does is pure comedy. Aside from that though, he has a work ethic that is second to none.

Primetime was fun to watch. He was possibly the best corner to ever play the game my only problem with HIM wasn't that he played with the Cowboys but the fact that he was such a ronin.
I would believe what you said about Irvin were it not for the fact that he got arrested last year for having a CRACKPIPE in his car. His excuse? "It belongs to a friend."
I have more respect for Johnson than I EVER will for Switzer. Johnson BUILT that team. although if someone was dumb enough to give me (was it 8 or 11) first round draft picks for ONE guy I could go to a superbowl too. They were on autopilot when they went to a superbowl with him at the helm.
O'Donnel an honorary Cowboy? I'm not surprised. The Steelers have completely disowned him for the gift he gave you. I agree with you about the tuck rule. When I learned the game of football if you got hit while standing up and the ball came loose we called it A FUMBLE! But here's the thing. That Raiders game was a gift...but the superbowl they won...WASN'T.
Like I said. I find T.O. entertaining and respect the bigmouthed future hall of famer...doesn't mean I like him.

HOU-TEX
12-20-2007, 10:01 AM
She's still pretty dadgum Hot. Just sayin :heart:

:includeme:

Double Barrel
12-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Awesome! Dallas is about to implode.

yessssssssss, much to my amusement. :whistle:

Jessica could distract me any day. I'd let her. :cowboy1:

Texan_Bill
12-20-2007, 10:41 AM
PERVS!!!!!!

*types in 'Jessica Simpson' in Google image search*

Specnatz
12-20-2007, 10:45 AM
23 huh???? Don't bring her around these parts.

Good Idea.

Vinny
12-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I just saw the clips and everyone was laughing as he was giving them quotes...On espn's NFL today TO also elaborated that the media made it look more serious than it was and that it was just light humor for the most part.

indiantexan
12-20-2007, 04:28 PM
I can't wait for TO to destroy the Cowboys franchise.

AnthonyE
12-20-2007, 10:38 PM
I can't wait for TO to destroy the Cowboys franchise.

Only about half a season away. ;)

I don't know, I find this whole story hilarious.

Any word on Romo meeting TO at the flagpole? :fight:

Blazing Arrow
12-20-2007, 10:50 PM
WHAT!!!??? TO speaks out against a team mate ... especially his QB??!!

You jest ....

That is as likely as the setting of the sun ... :gun:

Blazing Arrow
12-20-2007, 10:53 PM
And honestly Jessica tang or ridiculed by the public ... raise you hand if you could careless about what the "public" said if you were hitting that?

All I can say if I was him .... :cool:

StarStruck
12-20-2007, 11:27 PM
WHAT!!!??? TO speaks out against a team mate ... especially his QB??!!

You jest ....

That is as likely as the setting of the sun ... :gun:

Awesome! Incredible! Astonishing! Amazing! Things are still cool at the Ranch. :cool: :highfive: :redtowel: :popcorn: Carry on!

Dread-Head
12-21-2007, 07:48 AM
And honestly Jessica tang or ridiculed by the public ... raise you hand if you could careless about what the "public" said if you were hitting that?

All I can say if I was him .... :cool:

Don't blame Ms. Simpson for Romo screwin' up. Was it HER fault when the Patriots came into Texas Stadium and beat the Cowgirls like a kettle drum? Face it, some times you get your @ss kicked because the other guy was more prepared and wanted it more than you did.
The girls went into the Philly game with a (we've only lost one game and this one's at home) swagger. They assumed because they manhandled Philly IN Philly that this was going to be a cakewalk for them...well it wasn't. When you don't take your opponet seriously he already has the advantage.
Dallas kicked their own butt, Ms Simpson just happened to be there when it happened. But if she IS the reason they lost and brings bad luck I'm with Glass Half Full, I say we chip in and get her season tickets.

:splits:

Texan_Bill
12-21-2007, 08:21 AM
Don't blame Ms. Simpson for Romo screwin' up. Was it HER fault when the Patriots came into Texas Stadium and beat the Cowgirls like a kettle drum? Face it, some times you get your @ss kicked because the other guy was more prepared and wanted it more than you did.
The girls went into the Philly game with a (we've only lost one game and this one's at home) swagger. They assumed because they manhandled Philly IN Philly that this was going to be a cakewalk for them...well it wasn't. When you don't take your opponet seriously he already has the advantage.
Dallas kicked their own butt, Ms Simpson just happened to be there when it happened. But if she IS the reason they lost and brings bad luck I'm with Glass Half Full, I say we chip in and get her season tickets.

:splits:

Well, Mr. Westbrook and of course the Eagles defense (to include, but not limited to Mr. Dawkins, Mr. Shepard et al) helped in said butt-kicking.

WWJD
12-21-2007, 08:33 AM
What a bunch of publicity for NOTHING...he was joking.

And for the record Jessica was there at the Thanksgiving game and he played very well. I highly doubt this is the first time Tony has had a date at a game. More likely he has a girl sitting in the stands for every game.....

I find this type of stuff hysterical!

Texan_Bill
12-21-2007, 08:35 AM
What a bunch of publicity for NOTHING...he was joking.

And for the record Jessica was there at the Thanksgiving game and he played very well. I highly doubt this is the first time Tony has had a date at a game. More likely he has a girl sitting in the stands for every game.....

I find this type of stuff hysterical!

Quit being the voice of reason. Using Jessica and TO is just plain good fun for fodder.

WWJD
12-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Quit being the voice of reason. Using Jessica and TO is just plain good fun for fodder.

Ha!

I'm a woman...far be it for me to sit back and let another woman get blamed because her man has a bad day at the office.

If Tony played poorly that's HIS fault and not hers.

You guys.....

Specnatz
12-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Ha!

I'm a woman...far be it for me to sit back and let another woman get blamed because her man has a bad day at the office.

You guys.....

I have never jumped on Jessica (I would like to though) :cool: I was bashing TO and his comments because it is always fun to jab at comwboy fans.

ATX
12-21-2007, 12:03 PM
I dislike Jessica (no brains) Simpson as much as I dislike Tony (jelly fingers) Romo and the Cowboys (criminals).

Texan_Bill
12-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Ha!

You guys.....

But if he has a 'great day at the office', you women will be the first to yell: "behind every good man is a better woman"..... See ya can't have it both ways...

Texan_Bill
12-21-2007, 12:15 PM
I dislike Jessica (no brains) Simpson as much as I dislike Tony (jelly fingers) Romo and the Cowboys (criminals).

No room for any atonement there.... :pirate:

WWJD
12-21-2007, 12:26 PM
But if he has a 'great day at the office', you women will be the first to yell: "behind every good man is a better woman"..... See ya can't have it both ways...

Ha! A battle of the sexes....

My feeling is real simple on this. If I'm a fairly big guy like Romo (I'm guessing he's 6'1" or 6'2") and REALLY MASSIVE GUYS are chasing me and trying to shorten my life the last thing I'd be thinking about is my girlfriend.

:)

Vinny
12-21-2007, 01:47 PM
I can't wait for TO to destroy the Cowboys franchise.Looks like he's made it better to me.