PDA

View Full Version : Vote: Kris Brown/Salaam Superbowl commercial

TEXANS84
12-19-2007, 10:25 AM
http://superad.nfl.com/

Vote for Kris to get the Superbowl commercial ad. If one Texan deserves it for his charity work, it's him.

Yankee_In_TX
12-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Done. BUT watch the Salaam video, that's a funny story :)

adam
12-19-2007, 11:18 AM
That's a good ad. I also liked Salaam's.

Specnatz
12-19-2007, 11:26 AM
I like Browns because of the charity work, but Salaams is funny.

AnthonyE
12-19-2007, 05:00 PM
See the Hasselbeck one? on the splash page?

Poor guy looked like he wanted to cry.

powerfuldragon
12-19-2007, 05:16 PM

i got roy williams on the splash... left me with a lot of question marks floating about the grey matter.

powerfuldragon
12-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Done. BUT watch the Salaam video, that's a funny story :)
holy crap. this guy mentored the king of sandwiches himself. our damned franchise is steeped in nepotism and stuff.

powerfuldragon
12-19-2007, 05:22 PM
If one Texan deserves it for his charity work, it's him.
$27,000 and counting.

GlassHalfFull
12-19-2007, 06:29 PM
I have all the family email addresses voting.

mexican_texan
12-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Kris Brown is pretty marketable.

AnthonyE
12-21-2007, 12:29 AM
i got roy williams on the splash... left me with a lot of question marks floating about the grey matter.

Ah, if you click "Round one" after the splash, it's one of the winners. :O

Very good story, if you ask me.

I voted for Kris Brown.

Grid
12-21-2007, 02:10 AM
Voted Saalam.. had too..it was too entertaining of a story. Also voted for Hartwig, Vilma, and O Hara.

That Matt Hasselback one was great :D

Texans_Chick
12-21-2007, 08:19 AM

That one was awesome.

It is also an illustration of how it is cool to send words of encouragement to players on the team, especially those players who don't receive much mail.

They read those things.

In the Texans locker room, they can't miss where the mail is--it is between the player's lounge and the cafeteria.

Wolf
01-28-2008, 10:13 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/arash_markazi/01/28/on.scene/index.html?eref=si_latest

"Dead-end job, no aspirations, $6.25 was just going to get it done forever," deadpans Pitts. "You know what; it was a good thing that in, what was it? The seventh round someone decided to call you."

"Wow!" says Salaam. "I see how it is."

The good natured ribbing between the left side of the Texans' offensive line set the tone for the 10 hours of shooting the two were put through a couple weeks ago as they shot footage of an afro-wearing Pitts taking Salaam's groceries to his car, walking onto the football team before we fast forward ten years to when the two are teammates for the first time in the NFL.

Although the players were told to act natural in front of the camera, it was difficult to make the home locker room at the Rose Bowl feel like the one at Reliant Stadium, with extras walking around as Matt Schaub and Mario Williams. "The Mario Williams is about 40 and weighs about 390 pounds," says Salaam when he sees him. "That's funny."

Salaam was later sprayed with water to serve as sweat after a game while Pitts had dirt meticulously placed on his pants. "I don't sweat this much during a game," says Salaam. "It's seriously cold in here. We weren't swimming we were playing football."

"This is the first time I've ever had dirt choreographed on me," says Pitts. "And my pants don't ever get this dirty."

While a few liberties may have been taken in the shooting of the commercial, much like Salaam's telling of the story, the message remained the same, even if they would have liked to have scripted a better ending to their season.

"From bagging my groceries to playing with me in the NFL," Salaam said of Pitts. "And now we're in the Super Bowl...well, sort of."
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2008/writers/arash_markazi/01/28/on.scene/p1_pitts.jpg

TEXANS84
01-29-2008, 08:11 AM
footage of an afro-wearing Pitts taking Salaam's groceries to his car,
Oh, that is just going to be fantastic.

Texanfan4ever
01-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Oh, that is just going to be fantastic.

I am so excited for this. How cool that our two guys won. I read in the paper that it was going to be run in the beginning of the 4th quarter, if I remember correctly.

I can't wait to see it.

AnthonyE
02-04-2008, 12:59 AM
The new full commercial is on the website.

http://superad.nfl.com/