PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Stecker 2nd best RB on the Saints?

TheRealJoker
12-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Is Aaron Stecker the 2nd best Saints RB on the Saints roster to their # 1 RB Deuce Mccalister? It appears that ever since he's been allowed to play now that Reggie is hurt and Payton isn't obligated to make use of his 60 million dollar decoy the Saints actually have a running game...

95 yards rushing and 2 tds today...plus 46 yards receiving and NO FUMBLES!!!

The Saints offense runs much smoother with the career 3rd down back playing RB and looking like a world beater since he is surrounded by all those weapons the Saints posess that make any RB worth their salt look good.

I hope Stecker is granted a bigger role next season, maybe they can make him a change of pace back to Deuce since he's the only other RB on their roster worthy of running the football.

Oh and he is their only 100 yard rusher this season...im happy for the Buc!!!

PapaL
12-16-2007, 04:42 PM
I picked up a few days ago off the waiver wire - WooHoo!

But yes - he is a better RB than Bush. Could possibly argue he is better than Deuce (now with yet another injury).

kastofsna
12-16-2007, 04:53 PM
obviously.

thunderkyss
12-16-2007, 05:03 PM
It would benefit the Saints to make Reggie their #2 reciever, opposite Colston.

With any luck, he'll turn into a Steve Smith type reciever.

Although Reggie has yet to show the mental/physical toughness of a Steve Smith.

I understand, that right now, we have no evidence to support Reggie has what it takes to become a $50 million reciever, but we know he isn't a league minimum running back.

The1ApplePie
12-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Healthy O-Line
Crappy teams (Cards, ATL)
Stecker has two knees, while Reggie only has one.
Brees throwing all over the field

The O-Line was terrible the first part of the season, and could not do a thing for Bush, Duece, or Brees.

Specnatz
12-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Healthy O-Line

The O-Line was terrible the first part of the season, and could not do a thing for Bush, Duece, or Brees.

Excuses!!

You sound like a 7 year old that just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

I mean there is no way it could be all the auditioning for 'Dancing with the Stars' that was the problem.

The1ApplePie
12-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Excuses!!

You sound like a 7 year old that just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

I mean there is no way it could be all the auditioning for 'Dancing with the Stars' that was the problem.

Cause Mario lovers weren't making excuses last year?

Wasn't he hurt and without help?

thunderkyss
12-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Healthy O-Line

IN '06, when they had everthing going for them, He still didn't do anything.

thunderkyss
12-16-2007, 05:38 PM

I think Mario played very well.

Don't need no excuses.

The1ApplePie
12-16-2007, 05:43 PM
IN '06, when they had everthing going for them, He still didn't do anything.

I think Mario played very well.

Don't need no excuses

Only fanboys thought Mario had a good year last year or that he could even carry Reggie or Vy's jock last year.

Just like only a fanboy would say Reggie was playibg better that Mario this year.

thunderkyss
12-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Only fanboys thought Mario had a good year last year or that he could even carry Reggie or Vy's jock last year.

Just like only a fanboy would say Reggie was playibg better that Mario this year.

It's all about expectations.

If some ***** thought Mario was going to set the rookie sack record being plugged into the NFLs worse pass rushing defense...... then that ***** will look at Mario's lack of sacks as a reflection of poor play.

He beat up on Left Tackles, right tackles, guards & what not all year long. No one wanted to run to his side of the line by years end.

Yet that same ***** would point to Reggie's first downs, and knack for keeping his team on the field as the main reason the Saints went to the NFC Championship game.

kastofsna
12-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Bush and Young are playing pretty much the same as last year. the difference is their teams aren't winning quite as much. winning cures all, in the end.

BigBull17
12-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Bush and Young are playing pretty much the same as last year. the difference is their teams aren't winning quite as much. winning cures all, in the end.

Yeah, but I was called a hater for giving credit to the team around those two. When they were doing well, its all them, but when things go poorly, its all the surrounding cast. Thing is, Mario had less of an impact then I would have hoped, but he showed flashes of being a scary defender and a great football player, despite having an injury that is horribly debilitating to a lineman. Its not an excuse, but it is a fact.

Specnatz
12-17-2007, 12:10 PM

I never made excuses and did not make any this year. He was inconsistant but showed flashes last year and that is what most people said. he played hurt whiched showed a lot especially because of the type of injury and without being able to practice.

I got lambasted this year when I said Mario was the most consistant lineman on the Texans, while he was still himself not as consistant as I wanted but he was still better than any lineman the texans had.

But you can't find one single fault of reggie. he is a third down/slot wr/kr and that is it he is not an every down back and unless you have that he is not very helpful to a team. He will never be the man to carry a team he is a piece and if used right with other pieces he can make a contribution to a team. He will never be the guy to say ok put it on me and I will carry the team. If you can't see that then I am sorry you do not know your football.

Your excuses are that he could not do it because of the line and other injuries but now that Stecker is doing what reggie could not do, prior to reggies injury, then it is because of others and not reggies own lack of ability. Like I said he is not a everydown back he dances way to much to get the tough yards of 3 to 5 range between the tackles and that is what teams need to keep defenses honest.

Look at the wins NO and the Texans have had. it is because they have had some sembelance of a running game in the heart of the line not the dancing around and not getting the job done where it counts. Guys like Portis, Marion Barber, LT, and Taylor and Jones-Drew help teams win, guys like reggie either make the highlight or low light but not get the wins.