PDA

View Full Version : Off season shoulder surgery for Schaub?

Line_Producer
12-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Just glanced at the ticker at the bottom of the nfl network. It's proclaiming that Schaub is destined for surgery. What's the story? I thought it was 'merely' dislocated. :wild:

Cheers.
-wil

dtran04
12-15-2007, 04:07 PM
That's what Adam Scheftler (sp?) reported online for the game.

dickieb
12-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Good thing it isn't his on his throwing arm.

nunusguy
12-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Schaub has a history here as he missed several games because of the same
kind of injury in his senior year at Virginia.

edo783
12-15-2007, 05:48 PM
What I don't understand is why don't they just go get it done now and have more healing time before next year? I suppose they are waiting to see if it will heal on its own.

TheIronDuke
12-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Have the Texans made any announcements about Schaub's availability for the rest of the year? Not that I wouldn't take the Texans info on his injury with a grain of salt but I am hoping that he can get some more playing time before the season's over.

Line_Producer
12-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Have the Texans made any announcements about Schaub's availability for the rest of the year? Not that I wouldn't take the Texans info on his injury with a grain of salt but I am hoping that he can get some more playing time before the season's over.

Since it is his off shoulder, the FO might be waiting until the season is over...seeing as we don't have a number 3 qb right now.

Schaub could come back in a pinch if he had too.

The Pencil Neck
12-16-2007, 02:05 AM
What I don't understand is why don't they just go get it done now and have more healing time before next year? I suppose they are waiting to see if it will heal on its own.

Schaub wants to play.

EDIT: I THINK Schaub wants to play. I think that's why he got the second opinion on it.

Texans Pride
12-16-2007, 02:12 AM

I tend to be in the same camp here. Sage is doing a great job right now. The chances of us making the wildcard are slim, however, even if we do, Sage has proven he deserves the opportunity to compete.

Let Schaub have the surgery and begin the healing process. When camp comes around, he can take the job over if that's the best on-field position.

Andrew6
12-16-2007, 02:14 AM
I tend to be in the same camp here. Sage is doing a great job right now. The chances of us making the wildcard are slim, however, even if we do, Sage has proven he deserves the opportunity to compete.

Let Schaub have the surgery and begin the healing process. When camp comes around, he can take the job over if that's the best on-field position.

The best on the field and not the highest paid

Texanmike02
12-16-2007, 05:40 AM
Schaub has a history here as he missed several games because of the same
kind of injury in his senior year at Virginia.

Almost. It was his other shoulder though.

Mike

otisbean
12-16-2007, 10:20 AM
If he is having a surgery then he probably has a labrum, tear or a injury to the ligaments (most likely). Surgery is a wise option as ligaments don't heal well on their own. As long as they don't find some hidden problem he should come back at 100%.