PDA

View Full Version : Chump Bailey's reaction to the loss

Hardcore Texan
12-14-2007, 10:52 AM
From now on I will refer to him as "Chump" Bailey, because that is exactly how he sounds.

"A team like this beating us by 18 points, I mean it's uncalled for," cornerback Champ Bailey said. "It should never happen."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20071213034&prov=ap

Uh......but it did, maybe next time you should show up. How about just giving a classy response and say the best team won.....and Denver was not that team. :cool:

brickman
12-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Chump is a great cornerback, but a classless individual. The Texans kicked you a** Chump.... deal with it. :texflag:

SheTexan
12-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Shanahan was classy though. I heard him say during the post game interview that they were out played and out coached. He didn't make excuses.

Champ Bailey's always been a CHUMP!! He's just ticked cause he got the crap knocked out of him.

euro-Texan
12-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Even as a die hard homer, I can't say I blame him. He surely was looking at this team as a young franchise who was starting their 5th RB, a back-up QB, more more members on the IR than the offense and practise squad combined and assumed, "a team like this" That's certanly how I felt after the Atlanta game. Even big wins over NO and Carolina never got enough press to make most notice. I'm sure he and others will take note after this one though.

Wolf
12-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Even as a die hard homer, I can't say I blame him. He surely was looking at this team as a young franchise who was starting their 5th RB, a back-up QB, more more members on the IR than the offense and practise squad combined and assumed, "a team like this" That's certanly how I felt after the Atlanta game. Even big wins over NO and Carolina never got enough press to make most notice. I'm sure he and others will take note after this one though.

agreed, teams will take notice even though looking at the starting lineup , you go "who is that?"

thunderkyss
12-14-2007, 11:26 AM
I agree with Champ, it never should have happened, it's uncalled for, and quite frankly if I were him, I'd be upset about it.

I'd ask on national television, if we have one of the best kickers in the league, why didn't we let him kick that 53 yard field goal?? I'd much rather be down 7-6 than walk away with no points.

They could have gone into half time down 9 to 10.

They didn't commit any turnovers. they moved the ball fairly well, but couldn't get into the endzone.

They had no pressure on the Quarterback whatsoever.

I bet you won't find anyone in the country who had the Texans as 18 point favorites.

HJam72
12-14-2007, 11:29 AM
No, but they should have. :texflag::fans:

gtexan02
12-14-2007, 11:37 AM
When Walter gave Chump that double move on the 3rd and short to get the 1st I was laughing out loud. He totally got beat by a guy I bet he has never even heard of. Its lucky he had safety help or that would have been a sure TD

Texan_Bill
12-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Champ = Chump

HOWEVAH, I don't mind his comments that much. He wanted to win, we kicked their A$$es and he was pi$$ed. If it were one of our guys, I'd want them to be pi$$ed too!

IlliniJen
12-14-2007, 11:43 AM
I read that last night and was thinking why he would believe such a thing, seeing as the Broncos have struggled this year, much the same way Houston has. They are NOT tremendously better than us, so I don't think he was justified in his response.

powerfuldragon
12-14-2007, 11:44 AM
let him eat his bitter pill.

Double Barrel
12-14-2007, 12:02 PM
let him eat his bitter pill.

Let him choke on it, too! :pirate:

threetoedpete
12-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Well he's a premere player stuck on rebuilding team. I'm quite sure he was tired and frustrated. That loss prety much drove a steak into the heart of thier play off hopes. Sorta like micro phones being stuck in front of Travis' face after the game when the Miami QB tried to wreck his knees with a cheap shot.

12-14-2007, 12:12 PM
When Walter gave Chump that double move on the 3rd and short to get the 1st I was laughing out loud. He totally got beat by a guy I bet he has never even heard of. Its lucky he had safety help or that would have been a sure TD

that was a thing of beauty.

Mr PC
12-14-2007, 12:25 PM

Getting straight up beat by a reciever like that was totally uncalled for Champ

bigbrewster2000
12-14-2007, 12:34 PM
I read that last night and was thinking why he would believe such a thing, seeing as the Broncos have struggled this year, much the same way Houston has. They are NOT tremendously better than us, so I don't think he was justified in his response.

Well the record says that they are not betterthan us period. So Chumps comments seem pretty pathetic when all you have to do is look at the record.

BigBull17
12-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Hes lucky we dropped alot of INTs, or it would have been way worse. I understand he is upset, but they came nowhere near stopping us in the 2nd half. We ran all over them, and as a byproduct, our PA was almost always open. We dominated every area of the game. Period. Thats kinda classless if you ask me. If we get a few of those turn overs, its easily a 38-40+point game for us.

austintexanite
12-14-2007, 12:42 PM
I remember reading that last night and I always thought of Champ as a classy guy. Oh well, another hero breaks my heart.

:sarcasm:

IlliniJen
12-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Well the record says that they are not betterthan us period. So Chumps comments seem pretty pathetic when all you have to do is look at the record.

I did some reading last night on TSN and the Broncs fans where saying some VERY familiar things about their team...lack of a pass rush, no protection of the QB...we've all felt that pain, right? I think it's interesting some of the parallels.

Nawzer
12-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Fred Bennet outplayed Champ Bailey last night. 'Nuff said.

Hardcore Texan
12-15-2007, 12:35 AM
I agree with Champ, it never should have happened, it's uncalled for, and quite frankly if I were him, I'd be upset about it.

I'd ask on national television, if we have one of the best kickers in the league, why didn't we let him kick that 53 yard field goal?? I'd much rather be down 7-6 than walk away with no points.

They could have gone into half time down 9 to 10.

They didn't commit any turnovers. they moved the ball fairly well, but couldn't get into the endzone.

They had no pressure on the Quarterback whatsoever.

I bet you won't find anyone in the country who had the Texans as 18 point favorites.

I understand his frustration, but those are classless comments......"any given sunday" and all that.

Let me ask this question, how many times was his name called by the play by play announcer?

ATX
12-15-2007, 12:44 AM
I understand his frustration, but those are classless comments......"any given sunday" and all that.

Let me ask this question, how many times was his name called by the play by play announcer?

Johnson burned him on that last big pass.

Joe Texan
12-15-2007, 12:53 AM
Had they used the Kicker they would have been closer than they were. How many times did shani want to get shut down on 4th down.

TheRealJoker
12-15-2007, 01:09 AM
They were outplayed and outcoached just like daddy Shanny said. It sounds like Champ still has some growing up to do and despite all of his talent is not displaying the class a team leader should be displaying.

He went down a notch in my book after that quote.

Lauren
12-15-2007, 02:46 AM
Fred Bennet outplayed Champ Bailey last night. 'Nuff said.
I love Bennett. His attitude out there on the field has quickly made me a fan of his.

I didn't understand the "a team like that" comment. We had the same record going into the game. I now see how he could have meant the whole injury/back-up thing. Regardless, we have some pretty good back-ups out there and it showed last night!

Malloy
12-15-2007, 07:38 AM
That loss prety much drove a steak into the heart of thier play off hopes.

A steak in the heart, that's gonna hurt :)

Sorry Pete, but that one made my day, coffee all over the place right now :)

edo783
12-15-2007, 09:56 AM
A steak in the heart, that's gonna hurt :):)

Dem steaks will get your heart ya know.:texflag: