PDA

View Full Version : All Sage Rosenfels does is win games...

TheRealJoker
12-14-2007, 09:42 AM
That guy is a winner I tell you what. He has that "IT" factor that lifts his team up and makes them play better which leads to wins. All of Mario's sacks and every other good play tonight was because of Sage "WINNER" Rosenfels!!!

PS: Does that description above remind you of anyone? Looks like we got someone with "IT" and still got Mario!!! :fans:

powerfuldragon
12-14-2007, 09:44 AM
i think i might have been the first to start one of these this season. beware the ones who wear the primary colors.

crunkbuc4d1
12-14-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm just glad he got the ball to Johnson for the TD. I took a chance and started him over Stallworth on my FF team.

SheTexan
12-14-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm just glad he got the ball to Johnson for the TD. I took a chance and started him over Stallworth on my FF team.

I played AJ also. All game long I was keeping my fingers crossed that AJ would score some points, for the TEXANS, as well as for ME!!!:wild:

crunkbuc4d1
12-14-2007, 11:21 AM
I played AJ also. All game long I was keeping my fingers crossed that AJ would score some points, for the TEXANS, as well as for ME!!!:wild:

There's nothing wrong with being a little selfish as long as the team wins.

euro-Texan
12-14-2007, 11:24 AM
That guy is a winner I tell you what. He has that "IT" factor that lifts his team up and makes them play better which leads to wins. All of Mario's sacks and every other good play tonight was because of Sage "WINNER" Rosenfels!!!

PS: Does that description above remind you of anyone? Looks like we got someone with "IT" and still got Mario!!! :fans:

I agree. He's a great BACK-UP

Wolf
12-14-2007, 11:32 AM
http://www.nfl.com/players/mariowilliams/gamelogs?id=WIL431243

Mario's play has really stepped up lately and along with AJ back has really helped this team.. Sage has done well and managed the game well

Marcus
12-14-2007, 11:41 AM
http://www.nfl.com/players/mariowilliams/gamelogs?id=WIL431243

Sage has done well and managed the game well . . .

Against who? . . three mediocre teams that didn't put any pressure on him?

I think I'll wait until after they play the Colts and Jags before I jump off the Schaub bandwagon.

HJam72
12-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Can't we just straddle the two bandwagons? Or jump back and forth quickly. :specnatz:

Wolf
12-14-2007, 11:46 AM

I think I'll wait until after they play the Colts and Jags before I jump off the Schaub bandwagon.

I am not on the Sage bandwagon, I still think Schaub is the guy, i was just pointing out that other players have stepped up and Sage is being a Trent Dilfer for us.. not hurting us, but steering the ship

and even if it was with teams that weren't good, it is a stepping stone..

Hardcore Texan
12-14-2007, 11:48 AM

Same here and it would have been much sweeter if he would have scored that second one, he was so close, he could have stuck the ball inside the pilon on the way but alas it wasn't meant to be.

Errant Hothy
12-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Schaub wins to when he has AJ, an effective running game and a multi sack game from the D-line.

Double Barrel
12-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Can't we just straddle the two bandwagons? Or jump back and forth quickly. :specnatz:

Me, too. I like both QBs and refuse to play the partisan game. Whoever Kubiak decides gets the start is our guy for the game. Regardless, we have one of the best backups in the league right now.

IlliniJen
12-14-2007, 11:51 AM

NEVER sit your studs. AJ is a stud.

Hardcore Texan
12-14-2007, 11:52 AM

A lot of this is tied to AJ. We are much better team with him on the field. Sage's two starts and wins were both with AJ in the starting line up. Schaub looked equally good against KC and Carolina when AJ was in.

I am not trying to take anything away from Sage, I agree with the "IT" factor thing. Great job by Sage!

I am glad we have them both, I don't want to see us trade either one. Most likely we will get to see Sage start the rest of the way out, there will be time for more evaluation then. Should be one heck of a battle in training camp, money aside and just competition. That's what I want to see, I will reserve my judgement until then.

tulexan
12-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Me, too. I like both QBs and refuse to play the partisan game. Whoever Kubiak decides gets the start is our guy for the game. Regardless, we have one of the best backups in the league right now.

I thought Carolina had one of the best backups in the league?

Double Barrel
12-14-2007, 11:59 AM

Panther fans were telling us that before the season started, 'eh? :shades:

euro-Texan
12-14-2007, 12:02 PM

yeah, but he's like 47 years old now

Mr PC
12-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Sage converted on some huge third downs. He made some really perfect throws this game and led the team to put up over 30 points on the Broncos. And he only gave up one turnover, going up against the toughest secondary in the NFL. Sage is the man, there is simply no denying that now.

austintexanite
12-14-2007, 12:44 PM

LOL...major rep:fans:

Mailman
12-14-2007, 12:54 PM
A lot of this is tied to AJ. We are much better team with him on the field. Sage's two starts and wins were both with AJ in the starting line up. Schaub looked equally good against KC and Carolina when AJ was in.

I agree with what you, but let's not forget about the Oakland game that Sage started. Interestingly, Sage didn't exactly light the world on fire without AJ in that game.

buddyboy
12-14-2007, 01:01 PM

Tell me if this is wrong, but is this sarcasm? Sorry, I'm a little slow and a lot of the responses seem to be implying that Joker was being serious when he said "All of Mario's sacks and every other good play tonight was because of Sage "WINNER" Rosenfels!!!"....Clarification please?

TEXANRED
12-15-2007, 11:14 AM

This is an odd statement considering Schaub got hammered by the Jags and attempted a late game come back on the Colts and still lost.

tulexan
12-15-2007, 11:41 AM
I agree with what you, but let's not forget about the Oakland game that Sage started. Interestingly, Sage didn't exactly light the world on fire without AJ in that game.

Did Sage light the world on fire in the game against the Broncos? He started flawless on the first drive, but then went through a long stretch of doing nothing including a turnover, and then made a few good passes while we relied on our running game.

He played well and won the game, but let's not get crazy and think he played an unbelievable game.

Joe Texan
12-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Sage has a better throw to the recievers. Schaub throws it high and behind the recievers resulting in a hard to catch easy to intersept ball. You can try to work on that but Sage definitely has a better throw.

TheRealJoker
12-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Tell me if this is wrong, but is this sarcasm? Sorry, I'm a little slow and a lot of the responses seem to be implying that Joker was being serious when he said "All of Mario's sacks and every other good play tonight was because of Sage "WINNER" Rosenfels!!!"....Clarification please?

I was doing an impersonation of fans of a certain quarterback in Tennessee...

adam
12-15-2007, 01:13 PM
I agree. He's a great BACK-UP

And what made Schaub anything more when we traded for him?

nunusguy
12-15-2007, 01:25 PM
I think Schaub is a slightly better talent plus he's several years younger than
Sage, but Schaubs durability concerns me a lot ?

GP
12-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Sage has a better throw to the recievers. Schaub throws it high and behind the recievers resulting in a hard to catch easy to intersept ball. You can try to work on that but Sage definitely has a better throw.

Quoted for truth.

How many high floaters has Sage lofted out there? Even the ball Sage threw that was tipped and intercepted was thrown on a straight line to AJ...and don't tell me Schaub's floaters were due to pressure by blitzing defenders--Sage was about to get sacked, had people all over him, and he still STEPPED INTO the throw, the ball was a tight spiral and was on a straight line.

Everything about Schaub, to me, looks cumbersome and slowed down.

GlassHalfFull
12-15-2007, 02:09 PM
I have read and watched the Sage threads the last couple of weeks without commenting. Mainly because I have been disgusted with the back and forth crap that has been posted. I want to go on record with the following:

I have been thrilled to see Sage come in and play so well. Thank God we have him and he has been able to perform and get wins the last couple of games.

But I see absolutely no reason to trash Schaub, just because you like what you have seen from Sage. Can't we be happy with our QB situation? It sure is a heck of a lot better than it was last year. Just because you like one player over another, there is NO REASON to villify the other. They are both Texans and I, for one, am glad to have both of them on the team.

TheRealJoker
12-15-2007, 02:19 PM
I have read and watched the Sage threads the last couple of weeks without commenting. Mainly because I have been disgusted with the back and forth crap that has been posted. I want to go on record with the following:

I have been thrilled to see Sage come in and play so well. Thank God we have him and he has been able to perform and get wins the last couple of games.

But I see absolutely no reason to trash Schaub, just because you like what you have seen from Sage. Can't we be happy with our QB situation? It sure is a heck of a lot better than it was last year. Just because you like one player over another, there is NO REASON to villify the other. They are both Texans and I, for one, am glad to have both of them on the team.

+ 1

HJam72
12-15-2007, 04:16 PM
So, how can we get both of them on the field at the same time? :user:

Two footballs? :)

....and the Texans score 12 points on one play--6 in AJ's right hand, and 6 in AJ's left hand.

....now, Kris Brown will attempt to kick both extra points. :splits: