PDA

View Full Version : Texans battle red grades

euro-Texan
12-14-2007, 04:46 AM
QB: B+ Sage played really well and was only intercepted after a deflection that still should have been negated for P/I

RB: A- Dayne/Walker put up solid numbers albiet against a weak run defense. Walker looked like he concentrated more on not loosing the rock than he did picking up yards, but hey, no fumbles.

FB: A+ Textbook

WR: A I would have liked to see JJ a little more involved, but we sure didn't need him. AJ played at superstar level, while KW and AD were threats on every play

TE: A- OD didn't fumble!

OL: A+ Great protection and kept the holes open for the RB's

DL: A+++ Where has that pass rush been? Kept Young about 100yds less than last week

LB: A With Ryans hurting, Morlon and crew stepped up and played very well

SA: A- Will Demps was a beast, if he could only hold on to the INT's we might have shut them out.

CB: A Didn't nullify the passing game, but never gave up the long ball. Based on the injury bug, they played as well as I could have hoped.

ST: A+ Davis looked dangerous on every return. His punt catch that pinned them on the 5ydl was perfect. JJ still looks indecisive on PR, but an all around great performance on special teams.

COACHING: A+ Kubes planned a real NFL game tonight. The offense used the pass to open the running lanes and then made real adjustments at half time and reversed it effectively. On Defense, he had a pass rush. We shut down their running game all together and the players looked ready to play at kick off and came back after the half with the same intensity. The scoring was consistent for all four quarters.

Iím sure others saw this differently, but I believe this is one of the most well rounded games we have ever played and we showed no obvious deficiencies in any aspect of the game. BTW Iím a homerÖ

Maddict5
12-14-2007, 04:52 AM
easy: everybody brought their A game

SA Texan
12-14-2007, 06:24 AM
It really is hard to find fault in a game like that. Except for the offense sputtering in the 2nd quarter it was just a great overall game by the Texans...one of the best I have ever seen them play.

OzzO
12-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Good thing the locals decided to show up to see the A game just after kickoff. I was watching it on NFLN with about 5 minutes to kickoff and it looked like about a 1/4 full.

V Man
12-14-2007, 08:08 AM
QB: B+ Sage played really well and was only intercepted after a deflection that still should have been negated for P/I

RB: A- Dayne/Walker put up solid numbers albiet against a weak run defense. Walker looked like he concentrated more on not loosing the rock than he did picking up yards, but hey, no fumbles.

FB: A+ Textbook

WR: A I would have liked to see JJ a little more involved, but we sure didn't need him. AJ played at superstar level, while KW and AD were threats on every play

TE: A- OD didn't fumble!

OL: A+ Great protection and kept the holes open for the RB's

DL: A+++ Where has that pass rush been? Kept Young about 100yds less than last week

LB: A With Ryans hurting, Morlon and crew stepped up and played very well

SA: A- Will Demps was a beast, if he could only hold on to the INT's we might have shut them out.

CB: A Didn't nullify the passing game, but never gave up the long ball. Based on the injury bug, they played as well as I could have hoped.

ST: A+ Davis looked dangerous on every return. His punt catch that pinned them on the 5ydl was perfect. JJ still looks indecisive on PR, but an all around great performance on special teams.

COACHING: A+ Kubes planned a real NFL game tonight. The offense used the pass to open the running lanes and then made real adjustments at half time and reversed it effectively. On Defense, he had a pass rush. We shut down their running game all together and the players looked ready to play at kick off and came back after the half with the same intensity. The scoring was consistent for all four quarters.

Iím sure others saw this differently, but I believe this is one of the most well rounded games we have ever played and we showed no obvious deficiencies in any aspect of the game. BTW Iím a homerÖ

Agree with all of them, except CB. I think it is too high. I would give them a B cause I got tired of watching Brandon Mitchell catching the ball.

adam
12-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Agree with all of them, except CB. I think it is too high. I would give them a B cause I got tired of watching Brandon Mitchell catching the ball.

I would concur. Cutler's numbers would have been Carr/VY like had Brandon Marshall not played such a great game.

Texans Horror
12-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Give them all As. One of the best, most complete games I have seen as a Texans fan.

Special kudos to Winston, who did some stuff I've been waiting to see from a Texans offensive lineman: he pushed a guy out so that Walker could get an extra few yards. This is what I've been waiting to see from the linemen. Salaam is still having trouble keeping his own, but Winston is a solid right tackle.

Special kudos to Dayne, whose career was supposed to be over years ago. Mr. November and Mr. December, he rumbles for yards that I don't see. He doesn't have speed, but I don't see any reason to complain about his abilities. Now if the Texans can just find a running back for September and October...

Special kudos to the defensive secondary, which has lost so many people it's hard to keep count. Everybody has stepped up to the challenge they were presented. Bennett, like Winston, is looking like solid starter material.

SheTexan
12-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Bennett is so much fun to watch. That boy gets into the game!! Talk about passion! He seems to love the fans also, and that is always a PLUS!! Dunte mentored him well!!!!!!

HJam72
12-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Doesn't Julius Jones usually get injured around November 1st? :shades:

Maybe he could be our September, October RB. :user:

threetoedpete
12-14-2007, 10:41 AM
It really is hard to find fault in a game like that. Except for the offense sputtering in the 2nd quarter it was just a great overall game by the Texans...one of the best I have ever seen them play.

Agreed. They got to get handle on the offsides calls on the line.

Those are mental. And those are avoidble. Is it too much to ask to remeber a fricken snap count for fifteen seconds ? I know they are all beat up...those little thingies are drive killers. I don't mind the holds saving the QB...but the off sides are driving me crazy.

Maddict5
12-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Bennett is so much fun to watch. That boy gets into the game!! Talk about passion! He seems to love the fans also, and that is always a PLUS!! Dunte mentored him well!!!!!!

not to mention hes a real gamer.. bennett locked down his side- iirc marshall had one catch on him and even then he had great coverage and javon got nothing of him

imo bennett is > 'solid starter'..im really excited with his play- come back healthy dunta and we're set

Texans Horror
12-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Doesn't Julius Jones usually get injured around November 1st? :shades:

Maybe he could be our September, October RB. :user:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones in a Texans uni come training camp.