PDA

View Full Version : mario tonight

Wolf
12-13-2007, 11:34 PM
didnt' get to see the game(sisters had a gig), but want to know where was Mario lining up at? left or right side tonigh. just curious on how non-statwise he played. last week I heard he was creating havok (couldn't see because of cowboy-lion game) this week I wanted to hear about where the Texans played him and how he got his sacks.left side?

Dread-Head
12-13-2007, 11:35 PM
To quote Tina Turner he was Simply the best...

Wolf
12-13-2007, 11:36 PM
To quote Tina Turner he was Simply the best...

left side right side or was it a mix?
just wondering being i had family obligations and couldn't see it

Grid
12-13-2007, 11:37 PM
I honestly wasnt paying much attention to where he lined up..but the announcers did say something about Mario having free reign to choose which side he lined up on on passing downs.

wwffan99tx
12-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Mario was all over the place tonight. Almost every passing play he was in the area of Cutler. Only time he really got stonewalled was when he rushed from the inside.

Allstar
12-13-2007, 11:56 PM
He got his sacks from both sides.

run-david-run
12-14-2007, 12:00 AM
He got 1 from the left and the others from the right, if I remeber correctly, but he was getting pressure from everywhere. Basically, think of the best performance possible from a DE and this is pretty close.

Just a random note, 9 sacks in 5 games is proababy one of the greatest streches for a DE in the last 10 years. That would put him on pace to break the sack record by about 8...domination.

DiehardChris
12-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Mario was amazing. When the fans were chanting his name - that was the highlight of the season, so far.

kiwitexansfan
12-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Mario has stated he was after the single season sack record... we all laughed...

Anybody now think that at some stage in the future (near future) he doesn't get close.

Andrew6
12-14-2007, 12:06 AM
He's 0.5 Sacks away from leading the league in SACKS. . . That is AMAZING.

13 sacks on the season WOOO HOOOO

http://www.nfl.com/players/mariowilliams/profile?id=WIL431243

Brandon420tx
12-14-2007, 12:09 AM
He's 0.5 Sacks away from leading the league in SACKS. . . That is AMAZING.

13 sacks on the season WOOO HOOOO

http://www.nfl.com/players/mariowilliams/profile?id=WIL431243

While I'm excited, lets at least look at that stat with some objectivity. He's played 1 more game then most of the players in the league. This needs to be looked at again on Tuesday.

kiwitexansfan
12-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else yet, if it has I don't care it is celebrate Mario day...

Mario tonight in his second year with the franchise became the All-Time Sack Leader for the Houston Texans... I think that number is going to be pushed a little higher by the time he is done.

awtysst
12-14-2007, 12:32 AM
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else yet, if it has I don't care it is celebrate Mario day...

Mario tonight in his second year with the franchise became the All-Time Sack Leader for the Houston Texans... I think that number is going to be pushed a little higher by the time he is done.

I am thrilled for Mario, but think about it. In less then 2 full seasons our Franchise sack record was broken?! Wow. Makes you realize how piss poor our pass rush was with the C&C music factory.

Ole Miss Texan
12-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Mario was amazing. When the fans were chanting his name - that was the highlight of the season, so far.

This was awesome, what got me was when our offense was on the field and over the TV I could hear the crowd chanting "Mario..Mario...Mario"

Runner
12-14-2007, 05:37 AM
This was his best game yet as far as I could tell. He was all over it in both pass and run defense. He's finally using his physical gifts effectively and consistently.

spent
12-14-2007, 05:58 AM
wow.....3.5 is fabulous!

Malloy
12-14-2007, 06:20 AM
wow.....3.5 is fabulous!

He was nasty for sure. If he can keep this pace through his career, he'll break records :)

thunderkyss
12-14-2007, 07:21 AM
I'm thrilled with Mario's performance last night.

I was one of the thousands chanting Mario, Mario, Mario.

I'm high on Mario, his potential, and the defense we're building around him(&Demeco), and the team we're building around that.

But... most likely this will be remembered as a 3.5 sack game against a team that may very well go 6-10 this year.

Remember, this is Houston, and all it takes is one bad game for the fans to turn.

Next week we go against Peyton(only been sacked 17 times)Manning..

But I never felt as good about this team as I did leaving the stadium last night.

Not only did we dominate on defense, but we never let off the gas on offense.

This is the first game I can recall that the Houston fans weren't booing when we took a knee with more than a minute left in the game.

brip
12-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Williams went around left tackle Matt Lepsis, bulled through tight end Chad Mustard and leaped over the diving attempt at his legs by fullback Cecil Sapp.

"I think he's going to be incredible," Lepsis said. "I don't think he quite knows how good he can be. It'll be scary once he puts it together. He's got more talent than anybody I've ever seen playing this game at that position.

"Oh, man, by far. Trevor Pryce comes to mind when I think of all the different measurements. But I think this guy has potential to be even better than Trevor."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2007/dec/14/broncos-report/