PDA

View Full Version : Mario now leads the AFC

junior
12-13-2007, 10:23 PM
With 13 sacks on the season. his hula dance seems to be the right fit for his play now. see you in Hawaii.

run-david-run
12-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Now get Manning to the ground a few times and you will have an EXTREAMLY happy fan base.

Dread-Head
12-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Vince WHO?!? Reggie Who?! Bwahahahahahahahahahaha....hahahaaaaaa! People...you all KNOW what TIME it is...so I won't even SAY it!

:splits:PBJT!:splits: :bat:

Hook'er
12-13-2007, 11:07 PM
See you at the ProBowl Mario!:d:

dtran04
12-13-2007, 11:12 PM
I want a picture of Mario either doing the Superman or the Hula Dance. Gotta admit...nice sack dances for him tonight.

MEGA SWATT
12-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Yes, Mario is King,

and Andre Johnson averaging an NFL-best 102.8 receiving yds per game played, better than owens and whats his nuts on the pats.....you know the pot-smoker Randy Moss.(both around 97 yds pg):whip:

kastofsna
12-13-2007, 11:21 PM
this game was better than the best career games of Reggie Bush and Vince Young. by far.

run-david-run
12-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Its going to be interesting to see how he handles doube teams, because some have to be coming. Good problem to have though.

Grid
12-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Its going to be interesting to see how he handles doube teams, because some have to be coming. Good problem to have though.

Im more interested in seeing how Okoye, Weaver, Cochran, and Johnson handle the Mario double teams :D

awtysst
12-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Im more interested in seeing how Okoye, Weaver, Cochran, and Johnson handle the Mario double teams :D

See thats the thing. As he is becoming the force we were hoping for, he will take up the double teams. Hopefully this will create single coverage for Okoye to push it up the middle and dominate. That way the Offense either can say hello to Mr. Williams or Mr. Okoye!!!

Allstar
12-13-2007, 11:58 PM
If only pro-bowl voting ended next week, he would be in FOR SURE.

Leahmic223
12-14-2007, 12:02 AM
Mario?

Who is this Mario guy you speak of? Oh you mean that guy that got picked over Bush and Vince Young...

Sorry, I just love the Crow Mario is cooking up this year.

BigBull17
12-14-2007, 12:37 AM
The worst part, is he would have had more if the Denver line didnt get away with holding all game. He was hurrying Cutler with Broncos dangling off of his back.

Ole Miss Texan
12-14-2007, 12:42 AM
The worst part, is he would have had more if the Denver line didnt get away with holding all game. He was hurrying Cutler with Broncos dangling off of his back.

I'm not normally one to blame refs a lot, but it's amazing how many times Mario really does get held and it's never called. This will really change as he becomes a major force, probowler, etc and the refs will be ready for it and calling it a lot more.

Brandon420tx
12-14-2007, 12:45 AM
The refs were pretty bad today, The texans got away with alot of penalties IMO. Maybe the message from the refs today was "let em play"

austintexanite
12-14-2007, 01:30 AM
Now get Manning to the ground a few times and you will have an EXTREAMLY happy fan base.

See you at the ProBowl Mario!:d:

Shiner's all around fellas...Kasta, here's to you getting your first victory this weekend.

Leahmic223
12-14-2007, 01:36 AM
While he does lead the AFC in sacks...we have to remember no other team has played yet...but 3.5 sacks is a hell of day for a DE plus 6 tackles.

Texanmike02
12-14-2007, 01:41 AM
While he does lead the AFC in sacks...we have to remember no other team has played yet...but 3.5 sacks is a hell of day for a DE plus 6 tackles.

Leahmic with the objectivity... I LOVE IT!!!

Not knocking you, I'm just not used to you being the voice of reason.

Cheers!!!

Mike

thunderkyss
12-14-2007, 08:18 AM

He was splitting a double team/obvious holding penalty when he dropped Cutler the third time.

He was pretty awesome.

adam
12-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Mario Williams = Beast.

He took some time to let his foot heal and started working hard and now he is one of the most dominant DEs in the league. Piss be upon VY and Bush.

crunkbuc4d1
12-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Will someone tell Mario to send Gaines Adams those Wheaties he's eating for next year. Wow...this kid is an animal right now. VY and Bush may have had better rookie years, but I don't think there's any doubt who has had the best sophmore season. If he has a two sack game against Peyton, you might as well book his ticket for the pro bowl and get his campaign ready for defensive player of the year.

ATRAIN
12-14-2007, 09:36 AM
So on another message board there was a thread appologizing to the Texans fans for giving us so much slack on drafting Mario and not getting Vince or Reggie. I for one think Vince and Reggie were great college players and will never be great NFL players. I for one liked the Williams pick from day one and with him and Ryans, I knew we were going to have a great young def. What do you guys think? Still regret not getting reggie or VY?

crunkbuc4d1
12-14-2007, 09:54 AM
I like any pick that is on defense. I'm a defensive guy. I like VY but but something I notice at Texas as well as in his rookie season was that he needs a dominant defense and power running game inorder to have any success. He's not the type of QB that can take average players and make them a winner. He was not a good fit for the Texans.

infantrycak
12-14-2007, 10:00 AM

How he handles them? He has already been going up against double teams. No it isn't every play, but there is something in between every play and never.

Leahmic223
12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Leahmic with the objectivity... I LOVE IT!!!

Not knocking you, I'm just not used to you being the voice of reason.

Cheers!!!

Mike

I was going to come in here and say brag about him leading the AFC but then I thought about it...no one else has played yet.

Still though he has a good chance at doing it by the end of this week.

Maddict5
12-14-2007, 12:25 PM

i know theres a separate thread in the draft forum (where soome1 said they'd turn in their fan card if it happened lol) but with weaver (especially) and cochran only average at rushing and with the way things have worked out with mario..and the fact he'll prob start facing loads of double teams

would everyone be terrible upset if we drafted someone like gholston or campbell in the draft to play RE???

note: this is only if theres are no higher rated lt's or rb's on the board

Mr teX
12-14-2007, 02:16 PM
How he handles them? He has already been going up against double teams. No it isn't every play, but there is something in between every play and never.

Exactly. Sometimes i wonder if some people even watch the games.

kastofsna
12-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Will someone tell Mario to send Gaines Adams those Wheaties he's eating for next year. Wow...this kid is an animal right now. VY and Bush may have had better rookie years, but I don't think there's any doubt who has had the best sophmore season. If he has a two sack game against Peyton, you might as well book his ticket for the pro bowl and get his campaign ready for defensive player of the year.
yeah but really even when you look at the rookie years of Young and Bush, what's so different then than now? bush still can't run, all of his production is by catching the ball, and even then he still has a very low average after the catch, he's useless in the return game, etc etc. with young he's turning the ball over more than scoring and he's ineffective with his other weapon, his "legs." the difference? neither one is winning as much as last year. well hey, how about that? winning cures everything. and it's pretty evident that winning is a "team" thing, isn't it?

TheCD
12-14-2007, 08:43 PM
i know theres a separate thread in the draft forum (where soome1 said they'd turn in their fan card if it happened lol) but with weaver (especially) and cochran only average at rushing and with the way things have worked out with mario..and the fact he'll prob start facing loads of double teams

would everyone be terrible upset if we drafted someone like gholston or campbell in the draft to play RE???

I would be fine with any defensive pick or a running back in the 1st. Another dominant DE would be awesome, and I don't know much about the FA next season, but maybe we could shore it up that way? As long as we get some talented guys in FA and the draft, I know we'll be scary next year. At this point, I have no doubt Kubiak and Smith not only know exactly what talent we need and the most pressing problem right now, they'll find it and some great compliments and back-ups to our less problematic areas.

At this point I'm guzzling the Kubiak/Smith kool-aid, and despite the frustrations with play-calling sometimes, I am glad I lobbied for him from the start. When we get our linemen and running backs where we want to be, the game-plan will make a lot more sense to all of us I'm sure.

Here's to a sure-fire great pick next year in ALL of our draft picks! :fans:

austintexanite
12-14-2007, 09:00 PM

I can see the logic, but I still think we have greater needs than another dline drafted that high. Free agency can help with that. I'd prefer an OL first. I really cant' say that I've seen too much of either Gholston or Campbell.

Maddict5
12-14-2007, 09:06 PM
I can see the logic, but I still think we have greater needs than another dline drafted that high. Free agency can help with that. I'd prefer an OL first. I really cant' say that I've seen too much of either Gholston or Campbell.

im no expert either but apparently gholston reminds alot of people of dwight freeney (hes rising though and should be gone when we pick)

calais campbell is similiar to mario (athletic freak) but has had a down yr in a poor miami team

terrell suggs is a big name FA DE this season but he'll prob be franchise tagged

austintexanite
12-14-2007, 09:10 PM
im no expert either but apparently gholston reminds alot of people of dwight freeney (hes rising though and should be gone when we pick)

calais campbell is similiar to mario (athletic freak) but has had a down yr in a poor miami team

terrell suggs is a big name FA DE this season but he'll prob be franchise tagged

It would be great to get Suggs or Jared Allen, but like you said, they will both be tagged. Babin? j/k