PDA

View Full Version : Andre vs. Champ

TEXANS84
12-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Should be a great matchup. NFL.com is promoting the game with the title: "Andre the Giant" matched up against Champ.

Sage needs to be right on the money throwing to Andre...Champ wont let some of those late passes get by him.

Maddict5
12-12-2007, 11:02 AM
marshall/walker (playing?) v bennett will be interesting also

TEXANS84
12-12-2007, 11:04 AM
marshall/walker (playing?) v bennett will be interesting also

I don't know if Walker is playing, but Marshall will. That guy has been on fire the past few games.

TEXANS84
12-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Great pre-game video: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80506469

dc_txtech
12-12-2007, 12:14 PM
I don't know if Walker is playing, but Marshall will. That guy has been on fire the past few games.

That guy has been good all year long. I took him in the last round of my fantasy draft and he has been a more consistent WR than Wes Welker or Plax and even better than AJ (only due to injury of course). Just take a look at his game log, I think he is the best kept secret in the league.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7868/gamelog

DerekLee1
12-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Game plan SHOULD be to use AJ as a decoy at first, setting up short passes to KW and AD, until they close up coverage. Then dish one deep to Johnson for 6.

BUT my guess is it will go something like this most drives, with little variation: 3 yards by Dayne. 2 yards by Dayne. Incomplete to Johnson. Punt.

Oh, wait...if Sherman's not calling the plays, maybe my first game plan will come to fruition...

Hardcore Texan
12-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Great pre-game video: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80506469

Very nice, great vid! Thanks for sharing.

And I agree no late passes from Sage or he will be picked off. Please oh please take care of the rock Sage. I hope the go man to man on AJ and we catch them doing it. If they double him up, Walter, Davis, and Owens have to get open.

austintexanite
12-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Don't forget they got Bly on the other half. Either way it is going to be a good game tomorrow. I am worried about Salaam/Winston going up against Elvis.

Texans_Chick
12-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Given their corners, I would like for the Texans to trying running to open things up some. The Raiders ran on them all day.

Of course, I'd like world peace too, and I'm not likely to get that either.

ubecool454
12-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Should be a great matchup. NFL.com is promoting the game with the title: "Andre the Giant" matched up against Champ.

Sage needs to be right on the money throwing to Andre...Champ wont let some of those late passes get by him.

I think that Dwyane Bowe and Greg Jennings are the only two WRs to go for over 100 yds on the Denver secondary. Antonio Gates did it mostly matched up on the Denver Linebackers. Maybe we will see alot of passes to the tightends. I don't think Champ has seen a WR as big, physical, fast or strong as Andre all season. It should be a great matchup that I hope we win.:texflag:

dalemurphy
12-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Given their corners, I would like for the Texans to trying running to open things up some. The Raiders ran on them all day.

Of course, I'd like world peace too, and I'm not likely to get that either.

Well, we actually have offensive coaches that work on putting playmakers in good positions. I expect AJ will move into the slot, go in motion, be set on a side with three stacked WRs, maybe even lineup as a TB and slide to a slot in a 5 WR set. So, I think he'll get plenty of opportunities. I just doubt he'll get many opportunities on the edges.

Nawzer
12-12-2007, 06:21 PM
I think Owen Daniel will need to have a good game. Dre Bly and Champ Bailey are pretty good so we'll need to make big plays up the middle of the field.

Mr PC
12-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I think Rosenfels vs Champ is probably more worrisome than Andre vs Champ. Champ will punish Sage for making a mistake, he will capitalize on a bad decision made by the QB. Sage has been known to gunsling, throw caution to the wind and put the ball into tight coverage. Champ is not the guy to test like that. I agree that Daniels will be an important factor in this game, hopefully we get him heavily involved in the offense.

edo783
12-12-2007, 10:29 PM
If Sage throws to AJ and he isn't spot on, Champ will jump it in a heartbeat and it will very likely be 6 points for them. As others have said the run and the middle should have some air in them to work in.

Runner
12-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Andre needs to go into the game ready to take an offensive intererence call if the situation warrants it. Other than that, I think Champ will bring out Andre's best.

SA Texan
12-13-2007, 06:21 AM
AJ and Champ should be a great matchup and very interesting to watch. Hopefully AJ will be able to beat him a few times.

eriadoc
12-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Big-time players become big-time by turning it up a notch in big games. This game isn't necessarily a big game from a standings standpoint, but it's nationally televised, in prime-time, and the nation will be watching AJ. We'll see.

eriadoc
12-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Well, I said that about big-time players with respect to AJ vs. Champ, but holy hell ..... Mario was the one with the coming-out party. Big-time players step it up in the national spotlight, and Mario did just that.

AJ had a good game as well.

Maddict5
12-14-2007, 12:40 PM
freddy locked down his side of the field aswell