PDA

View Full Version : nice writeup on the Houston/Tampa game..

sbalderrama
12-12-2007, 12:37 AM
at Football Outsiders:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2007/12/11/ramblings/any-given-sunday/5869/

"The success of Houston on third down was largely attributable to Johnson. Quarterback Sage Rosenfels threw to Johnson on five third downs, and all five were completed for a first down. Johnson has made two Pro Bowls but still seems to fly under the radar in the otherwise mediocre Houston offense. He is undoubtedly one of the ten best wideouts in football, a physical receiver who can also threaten down the field. His effect on the Houston offense is enormous for a player who only has a chance to touch the ball around ten plays per game. The Texans’ offensive DVOA in games that Johnson has played would rank 11th overall. Their offensive DVOA in the other seven games would rank 22nd overall. "

bah007
12-12-2007, 12:50 AM
AJ is far better than just a top 10 WR.

Malloy
12-12-2007, 05:27 AM
Top 10 = realizing that he's good. I can live with that :)

MightyTExan
12-12-2007, 06:37 AM
They need to throw to AJ even more. I want to see him with a 3-4 TD game. Dude has the talent to do it every game.

Malloy
12-12-2007, 07:23 AM
They need to throw to AJ even more. I want to see him with a 3-4 TD game. Dude has the talent to do it every game.

Are you a FF'er? :)

threetoedpete
12-12-2007, 07:40 AM
at Football Outsiders:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2007/12/11/ramblings/any-given-sunday/5869/

"The success of Houston on third down was largely attributable to Johnson. Quarterback Sage Rosenfels threw to Johnson on five third downs, and all five were completed for a first down. Johnson has made two Pro Bowls but still seems to fly under the radar in the otherwise mediocre Houston offense. He is undoubtedly one of the ten best wideouts in football, a physical receiver who can also threaten down the field. His effect on the Houston offense is enormous for a player who only has a chance to touch the ball around ten plays per game. The Texans’ offensive DVOA in games that Johnson has played would rank 11th overall. Their offensive DVOA in the other seven games would rank 22nd overall. "

Nice. All due respect...there is no one better in the game than A.J. Bar none.
The mind boggles at what the guy could do with in a great offense and a great system with people who know how to use the guy. No one is better than Andre Johnson.

Joe Texan
12-12-2007, 07:45 AM
With Dayne out we just might see more than 10 plays to AJ. By the way if we can give Ronnie 15 to 25 carries Where is Kubes head. AJ is the Best offensive player we have period.

BigBull17
12-12-2007, 11:31 AM
I feel there is no WR Id rather have in the game than AJ. He is af freak and can do everything you want a WR to do.

run-david-run
12-12-2007, 12:04 PM
I think we would all love to see AJ get about15 touches. Run the regular downfield routes, then some screens, end-arounds, etc. He is our most explosive player with the ball in his hands, lets give him every chance to prove it.

austintexanite
12-12-2007, 12:58 PM
I think he's top 3

1. Moss (when he wants to play)
2. AJ
3. Owens (guys is a gamer, no matter what)

Ole Miss Texan
12-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Just imagine AJ on the Patriots or Colts...that would be really scary.

buddyboy
12-12-2007, 01:17 PM
I think he's top 3

1. Moss (when he wants to play)
2. AJ
3. Owens (guys is a gamer, no matter what)

Yeah, I don't know if he's the TOP Wideout in the league, since TO and Moss have been having some monster years and have all the tools to take over games. I'd still rather have AJ because of his attitude and quiet demeanor.

benefactor
12-12-2007, 01:19 PM
This is really the trump card in any argument you want to get into about Rosenfels vs Schaub. This team NEEDS AJ...period. He makes the QB(whichever one) and the other receivers better. I seriously think that numbers in our record could be switched or even one more and one less if he plays all of our games.

austintexanite
12-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I don't know if he's the TOP Wideout in the league, since TO and Moss have been having some monster years and have all the tools to take over games. I'd still rather have AJ because of his attitude and quiet demeanor.

Yah, I wonder if Moss will break Jerrys record? Think of this though, AJ is the only receiver averaging more than 100 yards a game, if only he hadn't gotten hurt. Hopefully he can get 1000, but he'll have to average about 130 to get that. :texflag: