PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Rushing Offense

bah007
12-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Yes this is a Reggie Bush thread. It is about his effect on the running game. Get over it.

In the 12 games that Bush has played this year, the Saints have no 100-yards rushers.

In the 1 game that he has missed, Aaron Stecker ran for 100 yards.

The Saints average 86 rushing yds per game when Bush plays.

They gained 145 rushing yards when he didnt.

When Bush played, the Saints HIGHEST yds per carry in ONE game was 4.3 (on only 10 carries).

Last night they got 4.8

The Saints' previous high in rushing yards was 121.

They got 145 last night.

Texan_Bill
12-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Yes this is a Reggie Bush thread. It is about his effect on the running game. Get over it.

In the 12 games that Bush has played this year, the Saints have no 100-yards rushers.

In the 1 game that he has missed, Aaron Stecker ran for 100 yards.

The Saints average 86 rushing yds per game when Bush plays.

They gained 145 rushing yards when he didnt.

When Bush played, the Saints HIGHEST yds per carry in ONE game was 4.3 (on only 10 carries).

Last night they got 4.8

They got 145 last night.

Blah, blah, blah..............

Reggie is a great decoy!!! :pirate:

El Amigo Invisible
12-11-2007, 11:26 AM
You guys should hear the Two stu's talk about Reggie.

bah007
12-11-2007, 11:28 AM
You guys should here the Two stu's talk about Reggie.

One of them is delusional & the other cant stand him.

El Amigo Invisible
12-11-2007, 11:31 AM
One of them is delusional & the other cant stand him.

Why do they never bring up Mario's name?

bah007
12-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Why do they never bring up Mario's name?

Because then ESPN would have to have some sort of conversation about how wrong they were when they called Mario an instant bust.

TEXANS84
12-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Last night they got 4.8

They got 145 last night.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Atlanta is 27th in the league in rushing defense.

bah007
12-11-2007, 12:03 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Atlanta is 27th in the league in rushing defense.

Yea and the first time they played the leading rusher was Bush with 54 yds & the team was held to 91.

Houston has the 23rd ranked run defense & NO only managed 47 rushing yds against us with Bush.

St. Louis has the 21st ranked run defense & NO only managed 43 rushing yds against them with Bush.

Ole Miss Texan
12-11-2007, 12:08 PM
I couldn't get over how much they were talking about Reggie Bush not being a good Running Back. It was almost to the point I was like...okay we get the point! haha

They said he wasn't a primary back in college and he will never be in the pros. It's funny how they are saying all this matter of factly now, when last year he was going to be the best ever. It's like the finally come to their senses.

Jerius Norwood is fast, I like this kid.

bah007
12-11-2007, 12:52 PM
I couldn't get over how much they were talking about Reggie Bush not being a good Running Back. It was almost to the point I was like...okay we get the point! haha

They said he wasn't a primary back in college and he will never be in the pros. It's funny how they are saying all this matter of factly now, when last year he was going to be the best ever. It's like the finally come to their senses.

Powerful too.

austintexanite
12-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Guys...its because they are not using him right. I mean, how can we expect a RB to run through the holes that are created for him and not run outside? He is best in space and the 73 receptions he has are only hitches and no deep routes.

:sarcasm:

SA Texan
12-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Reggie Bush is not an every down, feature back. He wasn't one in college and he will never be able to handle it in the NFL, his running style doesn't lend to it.

dc_txtech
12-11-2007, 09:09 PM

I was watching first and ten (or some horrible show on espn) today. Two of the guys said that they had always thought Mario was the right choice and that they knew Bush would be a flop. One of them was Skip Bayless. I couldn't remember anybody other than Michael Smith agreeing with our pick, so I did a simple google search.

Here are a few of the great things Skip had to say about that draft,

"Trust the tape; don't get carried away with the shorts-and-T-shirt combine numbers. So what if Mario Williams ran a 4.7 40 and benched 225 pounds 35 times? Did he leap out at you on the game tapes?"

"Don't get me wrong -- Bush will be a Pro Bowl back. But Vince Young will be an MVP -- especially if he's allowed to strap his hometown team on his back and carry it into the playoffs."

"The Texans will make the dumbest mistake. But other lemmings will follow them over the draft-day cliff.
And Vince Young will haunt them all for years to come."

"Houston, your football team's front office is looking like the dumbest bunch of Texans this side of a Bush skit on "Saturday Night Live."

"Mario Williams doesnít belong in the same paragraph with Vince Young."

"Otherwise, Williams doesnít belong in the same zip code with Peppers. When I watched Peppers in college, he jumped off my screen. When I watched Williamsí 7-5 NC State team, he didnít once catch my eye."

"This new emperor doesnít have nearly enough clothes to go in the first five picks, let alone No. 1."

I have heard at least 5 analysts saying that they always thought it was a good pick. I have yet to hear anyone say "boy was I wrong on that one." I won't be holding my breath either.

bah007
12-11-2007, 10:46 PM
I was watching first and ten (or some horrible show on espn) today. Two of the guys said that they had always thought Mario was the right choice and that they knew Bush would be a flop. One of them was Skip Bayless. I couldn't remember anybody other than Michael Smith agreeing with our pick, so I did a simple google search.

Here are a few of the great things Skip had to say about that draft,

"Trust the tape; don't get carried away with the shorts-and-T-shirt combine numbers. So what if Mario Williams ran a 4.7 40 and benched 225 pounds 35 times? Did he leap out at you on the game tapes?"

"Don't get me wrong -- Bush will be a Pro Bowl back. But Vince Young will be an MVP -- especially if he's allowed to strap his hometown team on his back and carry it into the playoffs."

"The Texans will make the dumbest mistake. But other lemmings will follow them over the draft-day cliff.
And Vince Young will haunt them all for years to come."

"Houston, your football team's front office is looking like the dumbest bunch of Texans this side of a Bush skit on "Saturday Night Live."

"Mario Williams doesnít belong in the same paragraph with Vince Young."

"Otherwise, Williams doesnít belong in the same zip code with Peppers. When I watched Peppers in college, he jumped off my screen. When I watched Williamsí 7-5 NC State team, he didnít once catch my eye."

"This new emperor doesnít have nearly enough clothes to go in the first five picks, let alone No. 1."

I have heard at least 5 analysts saying that they always thought it was a good pick. I have yet to hear anyone say "boy was I wrong on that one." I won't be holding my breath either.

The problem is that you are assuming that Skip Bayless has ever been consistent about anything he has ever said.

The media will never admit that they were wrong by endorsing Bush & ripping Mario.

kastofsna
12-11-2007, 10:51 PM
i don't think the media has to "admit" anything.

Fox
12-12-2007, 11:41 AM
ESPN is slowly turning on Bush. This morning Schlereth said Bush is not a feature back, has never been a feature back, and that the Saints offense will be much better without him because they won't have to spend so much time trying to set up plays designed to make him successful. Think about all of the plays the Saints have that are designed to get the ball to Reggie "in space", and he's not making those possessions pay off. Now that he's out, look for Brees to play much better now that he has an opportunity to pick apart defenses without worrying about giving Reggie his touches.

At this point in his career, Bush is a decoy and a 3rd down back. On an already very good team like the Patriots or Colts I think he could make enough highlight plays to keep everyone's interest, but on a mediocre team that he's supposed to be making better, he's being exposed for what he is - a supporting cast type of player.

TexasBBQ
12-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Bush had an off year because of the lack of Deuce doing most of the dirty banging work. They really should use Reggie as a slot reciever he could thrive or just setup more screen plays and see if he can make plays

drewmar74
12-12-2007, 01:20 PM
If I'm the Taints, I try to use Reggie Bush like the Giants used to use Dave Meggett

3rd down back, slot receiver, return man. A complementary piece to a bruising back like Ottis Anderson or a healthy Deuce.