PDA

View Full Version : Schaub and Dayne out for Broncos

Twitch-Houston
12-11-2007, 10:46 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txtexansschaub&prov=st&type=lgns

Darius W. will have to step up his game.

HOU-TEX
12-11-2007, 10:49 AM

Dayne is not ruled out yet. :)

Twitch-Houston
12-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Dayne is not ruled out yet. :)

My bad.....I missed the "may" be out and read it as "will" be out. Damn sinus infection has my brain scrambled.

headsplint
12-11-2007, 10:53 AM

Does Walker or Echimandu get the start? I would assume Walker right?

Twitch-Houston
12-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Does Walker or Echimandu get the start? I would assume Walker right?

I'm thinking if Dayne can't go they probably start Walker since he got so much playing time Sunday. I think he already has more touches than Echumandu.

bah007
12-11-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm thinking if Dayne can't go they probably start Walker since he got so much playing time Sunday. I think he already has more touches than Echumandu.

Echemandu has 20 carries for 85 yds (4.2) & 2 catches for 11 yds. Also has 1 fumble lost.

Walker has 16 carries for 46 yds (2.9) & 6 catches for 35 yds.

TEXANS84
12-11-2007, 11:17 AM
The way Kubiak was talking in his Monday video on the main site doesn't seem as if Ronnie will be ready to go.
Said he'll get alot of "treatment" over the week.

threetoedpete
12-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Well the guy that should get a pat on the back is #65. No way I thought he would play that well.

My bet, after Kubes wacked him across the nose with the rolled up news paper for the first touch fumble, I think he silps the dog Echie on them out of the gate. Walker had very nice debute, but I figuring he wants this game bad. Echie gives them the best chance at a running game if Dayne can't go. He's the better athlete.

Dread-Head
12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
..And a Sage shall guide them. I got faith in Roselfels.

kiwitexansfan
12-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Hey why not line up without Dayne, nothing like increasing the degree of difficulty... again.

I think we will see the team line up in more and more multi receiver sets, I know Kubes wants to feature a run game but we just don't have the horses left for it and besides AJ, KW, AD and JJ + OD makes for some pretty impressive receiving power.

Yankee_In_TX
12-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Hey why not line up without Dayne, nothing like increasing the degree of difficulty... again.

I think we will see the team line up in more and more multi receiver sets, I know Kubes wants to feature a run game but we just don't have the horses left for it and besides AJ, KW, AD and JJ + OD makes for some pretty impressive receiving power.

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45108

I agree.

Mr PC
12-11-2007, 01:08 PM
That sucks this is one situation where the Dayne Train would have been absoutely perfect.

HOU-TEX
12-11-2007, 01:08 PM

I think speading the defense out would help our running game too. Elvis Dumervil vs Salaam is truly terrifying. We've got to at least give him a chip in order to keep him from speed rushing around the outside. Otherwise, Sage will be seeing the turf again.:pirate:

Mr PC
12-11-2007, 01:15 PM
I dont think we should lineup w/o a running back in this situation. Denver has the best secondary in the NFL, and one of the worst run defenses in the NFL. I think we'd have more success against their run D than trying to throw at Bailey, Bly, Foxworth, Lynch all day. At least keep the RB in the backfield to keep the defense honest. I like the idea of going 3 and 4 wide but lets save that for when we face the Colts and the Jags.

brakos82
12-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Adimchinobe Echemandu!

I just ahd to say that. :shades:

TEXANS84
12-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Running back Ron Dayne also did not practice, so he could rest a sore ankle. He is expected to start on Thursday.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4031

BSofA04
12-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Damn this sucks! I was really hoping for Schaubby to get the start on national television but I have faith in Rosenfels. I'm just a bigger Schaub fan, who wants to see him get some respect.

austintexanite
12-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Just give Ronnie a couple of horse pills and he'll be good. Just joking, but seriously, hopefully he can play.

brakos82
12-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Just give Ronnie a couple of horse pills and he'll be good. Just joking, but seriously, hopefully he can play.

Heck, just put a cake behind the goal post (make sure it's the right goalpost :bat: )

edo783
12-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Demeco is more of a concern to me. Hurt his knee and didn't practice Monday and I think Tuesday.

Grid
12-12-2007, 12:32 AM
The question is which one is better in blitz coverage...cause that is what we really need.

Heck.. sometimes I wonder if we shouldnt just switch a TE over to RB.

You get an guy who knows how to stop blitzers..and he couldnt be any less effective on screens and dump offs.. the only place we would suffer in is actually RUNNING the ball..which isnt our strength anyway :P.

(btw..no im not really serious about that)

Dallas_Texan
12-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Demeco is more of a concern to me. Hurt his knee and didn't practice Monday and I think Tuesday.

I'm sorry what????? I missed the game Sunday, and it's killing me. How bad is he hurt???

TEXANS84
12-12-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm sorry what????? I missed the game Sunday, and it's killing me. How bad is he hurt???

You could see him holding his knee on a couple plays, then Diles came in and played a series.

Demeco came back in after that. I'm sure it's sore, but I would assume he'll be ready to go.

threetoedpete
12-12-2007, 11:42 AM
http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45108

I agree.

Well I all know is with out a rushing attack...this offense is DOA. Doesn't have to be prety. Doesn't have to be five yards a pop. But it does have to effective enough to appear to be functioning. If the broncos get a wiff that it is not...good bye QB #2. I don't care what their record has been against the rush. Believe anything...believe that.