PDA

View Full Version : Merriman claims titans dirty

Silver Oak
12-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Ironic that the Chargers are making this accusation considering the cheap shot their guy put on Matt, but I do think the titans cross the line alot and hopefully the NFL will review some tape and suspend someone if proven true.

Whatever else might have happened at LP Field yesterday, several Chargers were convinced of one thing beyond any reasonable doubt.
They said linebacker Shawne Merriman was targeted by Tennessee and suffered a sprained left knee on a dirty play by two Titans during the second quarter. Merriman identified center Kevin Mawae as one player but didn't know the identity of the second player.

“It was a cheap shot,” Merriman said after the Chargers' 23-17 overtime victory.

“It was a real dirty play,” safety Marlon McCree said. “I'm sure our coaches will turn it in (to the league) and they (Titans players) should get fined for what they did. It was an unnecessary play, and I don't think it's called for in this game.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20071210-9999-1s10chside2.html

Blazing Arrow
12-10-2007, 08:34 PM
I really feel for the guy after he rang Youngs clock on a RUN play! Really Merriman should get off the roids and start thinking clearly.

axman40
12-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Merriman is having flashbacks of when MJD aka Pocket Hercules jacked him up.
:cowboy1:

Showtime100
12-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Ironic that the Chargers are making this accusation considering the cheap shot their guy put on Matt, but I do think the titans cross the line alot and hopefully the NFL will review some tape and suspend someone if proven true.

That's pretty much my take on it. Screw 'em (the Tacks). They deserve it.

cc_me
12-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Uh, yeah. That's the pot calling the kettle black.

dc_txtech
12-10-2007, 10:39 PM
I really feel for the guy after he rang Youngs clock on a RUN play! Really Merriman should get off the roids and start thinking clearly.

Vince wasn't paying attention and ran right into Merriman. From the look of the replay it didn't look like Merriman did anything but stand there. I guess he should have jumped out of the way of the precious VY.

Second Honeymoon
12-11-2007, 12:08 AM
I respect Fisher for sticking up for his players, Gary could learn a lesson there. I also respect the Chargers for using that as ammo and coming back to beat the chargers. I liked how Lendale did the LT/Merriman dance after he scored his Td to go up 2 scores and the Titans never scored again. Lendale is one of the biggest scumbags in the league and just a microscosm of what is wrong with the league..LT is an example of what is right with the league.

White is a cornrowed loser who wont do anything in his career other than set the Guiness World Record for eating the most Twinkies.

El Amigo Invisible
12-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Merriman dances like a yak in heat.:bat: :splits:

bah007
12-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Vince wasn't paying attention and ran right into Merriman. From the look of the replay it didn't look like Merriman did anything but stand there. I guess he should have jumped out of the way of the precious VY.

Maybe he should have his head on a swivel like you are supposed to.

He was blocked by a legal crack-back block and he is a ***** for complaining about it.

Get off the roids and man up. You got jacked up.

Texan_Bill
12-11-2007, 09:27 AM

http://www.gmweb.juniperhollow.org/files/specials/WhamTheBoysAreBack.jpg

+

http://oii.net/image/scrapbook/grab_bag/Ambulance.jpg

=

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a21/P1LCH/wambulance.jpg

Mr. White
12-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Merriman's right. The Titans are dirty, but karma's a b!tch.

Looks like Merriman can get blown up just like anyone else can since he's off the roids.

Funny that McCree's whining in that article as well. I've seen him put some cheap shots on some people since he's been in San Diego.

bah007
12-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Merriman's right. The Titans are dirty, but karma's a b!tch.

Looks like Merriman can get blown up just like anyone else can since he's off the roids.

Funny that McCree's whining in that article as well. I've seen him put some cheap shots on some people since he's been in San Diego.

I hate Bud Adams & the Titans as much as the next ex-Oiler fan, but the Titans are not a dirty team.

Fisher has always been a class act & a couple of thugs like Haynesworth & PacMan doesn't mean the entire team is dirty.

Silver Oak
12-11-2007, 02:54 PM
I would add Finegan and Odom on to that list as well.

AnthonyE
12-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Merriman claims titans dirty

I've been claiming this all season.